ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot

Old 11th September 2013, 11:21 AM   #321
phiwum
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Óšinn View Post
No it doesn't. It means it likely does not exist. But it is not a fact. It's a guess.
Only in the same sense that the theory of gravity is a guess.

It is the conclusion of an inductive argument (like nigh every scientific claim) and hence can only be stated as probably true. But the more experience we have in the wilds of North America without having found Bigfoot, the more probable he does not exist.

You honestly might as well say that the claim the sun will rise tomorrow is only a guess, not a fact.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2013, 12:02 PM   #322
Correa Neto
Philosopher

You know, you can't really say werewolves are not actually there... One may be lurking right behind that tree. Nope, not that. That other one, a bit behind and to the right of that green one.

Nope, you don't have a camera there. You have not been there. And werewolves MOVE. when you arrive there, ots not there anymore. Hope that its not there. Otherwise you will be just another missing people in the woods.
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Together we can find the cure
Oh, and together we can find a cure to religion too…

Last edited by Correa Neto; 11th September 2013 at 12:04 PM.
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2013, 12:07 PM   #323
smartcooky
Philosopher

So, what are people seeing?

How about bears?

www.newscientist.com/article/dn17415-bigfoots-likely-haunts-revealed.html#.UjC95X_LIms

"So Lozier and his colleagues decided to apply ecological niche modelling to an obviously false data set – Sasquatch sightings. They gathered all reported sightings in the US states of Washington, Oregon and California and used the environmental data to predict Sasquatch distribution. They found that the model yielded a perfectly plausible prediction about Bigfoot habitats
The researchers also compared the niche model for Sasquatch to one they developed for black bear. The two were statistically indistinguishable, they found. This suggests that many supposed Sasquatch sightings may simply be misidentified bears – a mistake that has been made on at least one occasion, Lozier notes."
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2013, 12:12 PM   #324
Drewbot
Philosopher

Another possibility, is that people know they need to be in the forest (or near it) to say they saw a Bigfoot. This coincides with bear habitat. So practiced liars know that noone will believe their Bigfoot story if they say it happened in Downtown LA, however, if they say they saw Bigfoot in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, it becomes acceptable.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2013, 12:14 PM   #325
The Shrike
Illuminator

It's sad that the 'footers don't get the implications of the Lozier et al. paper: two species occupying the same niche indefinitely is not supposed to happen without intense competition arising between them. Of course, they might just say that there is competition and that the bears win, which is why bears are so much more abundant than bigfoot, but this would seem to suggest that bigfoot has some weakness and that simply can't be.

The other reason many of them laugh off the "it's a bear" explanation is that they really do know that their eyewitness story was not a case of mistaken identity because they simply fabricated the story in the first place.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2013, 01:14 PM   #326
smartcooky
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
The other reason many of them laugh off the "it's a bear" explanation is that they really do know that their eyewitness story was not a case of mistaken identity because they simply fabricated the story in the first place.
I wouldn't be too quick to write off every sighting as fraudulent though. There are cases of genuine truthful and otherwise reliable people simply misidentifying what they are seeing. I have even had this happen to me...

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...2&postcount=15

...fooled by a misjudgement of size and distance, and only when an object of known size and distance came into view did I realise my mistake.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2013, 07:17 PM   #327
The Shrike
Illuminator

Oh that's happened to me too, smartcooky. I used to be far more forgiving to the 'footers, giving them the benefit of the doubt that they at least firmly believed that they encountered something. I've come to believe, however, that I was being far too generous and that the majority of the encounters that are reported to the BFRO and similar databases are simply made up, whole cloth. Lying is the one truly taboo subject at the BFF, so all conversations there dance around it as an explanation for whatever sighting du jour is the topic of discussion. It has become, however, my default position for these claimants.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2013, 07:28 PM   #328
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
I wouldn't be too quick to write off every sighting as fraudulent though. There are cases of genuine truthful and otherwise reliable people simply misidentifying what they are seeing. I have even had this happen to me...

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...2&postcount=15

...fooled by a misjudgement of size and distance, and only when an object of known size and distance came into view did I realise my mistake.
No, they were fooled far beyond misjudgment. They were fooled into thinking that the creature hasn't been confirmed for many centuries as well. The person has got to be gullible to think that thought or to not even have that thought occur to them. "That animal that just allowed me to look at it right over there is also the animal that hasn't been proven to exist for over 400 years."

You have to have a screw loose to allow for Part B even if you think you might have just seen a hairy giant apeman. It's really a certain kind of person (personality) that can make that jump. You can look at Bigfootery and see those kinds of people.
Old 11th September 2013, 09:04 PM   #329
captain koolaid
Muse

Yep. The number of "sightings" where conditions make for a truly genuine and lasting misidentification, despite reason, would be pretty damn small. Anyone claiming that they came face to face with a 10 foot wood ape... in other words, no ambiguity... is a liar. Anyone claiming that the "something" that they saw, from a distance in the woods, etc, was bigfoot, is also lying. They might be confused enough at the time to think it might be a bigfoot, but, they know they didn't get a very good look at whatever it was and that it was far more likely to be a bear than a wild wood ape. The probable bear becomes a confirmed bigfoot in the telling of the story. They lie.
"Bigfoot does not leave hair samples for us unless he is in our dimension to begin with, obviously. Once the hair is separated from the electrical field associated with the Bigfoot's free quanta energy loops, the hair becomes independant and remains in it's most stable dimension, which presumably is our dimension."(Historian)

Last edited by captain koolaid; 11th September 2013 at 09:06 PM.
captain koolaid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th September 2013, 09:08 PM   #330
smartcooky
Philosopher

Oh that's happened to me too, smartcooky. I used to be far more forgiving to the 'footers, giving them the benefit of the doubt that they at least firmly believed that they encountered something. I've come to believe, however, that I was being far too generous and that the majority of the encounters that are reported to the BFRO and similar databases are simply made up, whole cloth. Lying is the one truly taboo subject at the BFF, so all conversations there dance around it as an explanation for whatever sighting du jour is the topic of discussion. It has become, however, my default position for these claimants.
Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
No, they were fooled far beyond misjudgment. They were fooled into thinking that the creature hasn't been confirmed for many centuries as well. The person has got to be gullible to think that thought or to not even have that thought occur to them. "That animal that just allowed me to look at it right over there is also the animal that hasn't been proven to exist for over 400 years."

You have to have a screw loose to allow for Part B even if you think you might have just seen a hairy giant apeman. It's really a certain kind of person (personality) that can make that jump. You can look at Bigfootery and see those kinds of people.
Guys, I'm not thinking of your actual bigfooter fraudster, more just your average Joe Public types like mom & pop, two kids and the family pet Lab out for a picnic at Jellystone National Park when they see something dark and hairy running upright though the bushes. They don't have an opinion of Bigfoot and are generally not out to make any kind of name for themselves. More likely, they have just had the bejeezus scared out of them.

Incidentally, this business of bigfoot sightings allegedly happening in suburban areas fits in quite nicely with the bear misidentification theory, as more and more wild animals, including bears, have been encroaching into suburban areas as more pressure comes on their shrinking habitat.

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals...lack_bear.html

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/201...ers-biologists

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505263_1...ding-suburbia/

If there is any truth to Lozier's ecological niche modelling idea than this seems a fairly obvious conclusion to draw.
Old 11th September 2013, 11:37 PM   #331
rockinkt
Graduate Poster

Well put!

After a while - the majority of rational people come to recognize the pattern that all bigfoot liars follow. They also realize that they are being played for fools by people with little or no integrity so they have little time for the more obvious liars.

What is especially frustrating is when people relatively new to the game Bigfoot forums refuse to understand that allowing people to lie is only encouraging them to continue to lie or encouraging others others to lie.

There are, however, cases where I think people have been honestly fooled by their own perceptions or imagination and have experienced something that they truly want explained. Those people are few and far between - but I have all the time in the world to discuss their experiences with them in the hopes of giving them an explanation that they can live with and move on with their lives.

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt

Last edited by rockinkt; 11th September 2013 at 11:39 PM. Reason: typos
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2013, 03:56 AM   #332
The Shrike
Illuminator

Yes, *some* people honestly misidentify bears, moose, humans, owls, etc. as bigfoots. It happens. The point is that it happens far less often than people simply making up encounter stories so they can join the Bigfoot club.
Old 12th September 2013, 04:43 AM   #333
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

"Jerry, just remember, it's not a lie if you believe it."
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2013, 07:21 AM   #334
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Chris, I'm not saying you are in need of medical help. I'm not saying you are lying. I am saying that you can't come on here and say they exist, "they do", without providing some evidence. Do you realize how silly it is, to say an animal 10-12' tall is lurking about in semi-rural counties in Kentucky? Think carefully about what you are saying. You are saying that you can drive somewhere, park your car in a parking lot, walk for an hour on a trail, and run into creatures that are 10-12' tall, yet you can't get a clear photograph of one. That is extremely silly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iu7vySQbgXI
Thanks Drew. Once again, another "show me the monkey" demand.
I realize most have a different position about Bigfoot than I do.
I also think you're a bit mistaken because I've not said the bolded parts in your post. I guess a fisherman fishes though. So if you feel the need to walk some trails at Mammoth Cave Park like another KY Bigfoot group did and listen to coyotes howl, which you think really are Bigfoot, be my guest.

I'm not here to sell Bigfoot to anyone. Please stop trying to force me to sell it. Everyone has their own opinions, I have mine. It's not a requirement to present Bigfoot evidence to use the forum as far as I know.

When my views conflict with yours if you think that's silly I have no problem with that. Even though I may not voice it, my feelings are often exactly the same of the opposing side. I'm tired of the constant requests to prove Bigfoot for those that are hungry for evidence. I'm not here to prove anything about Bigfoot. I'm not your employee. If you wanna have a civil discussion I'm all for it.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2013, 07:29 AM   #335
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Originally Posted by summitwalker View Post
"Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
William, it's likely the pile ons and namecalling by multiple members here provoke a like response from the Bigfooters. After a few warnings they're off the forum. Where as only a few on the skeptical side receive a warning for their over the top behavior.

Clever strategy but crystal as well."

This is exactly how the BFF works, only in the opposite way!
Well, not exactly. During the restart of the BFF it was decided civility should be required. If one doesn't last there, it's time to take a step back and examine one's people skills.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2013, 07:42 AM   #336
Drewbot
Philosopher

What kind of fantasy world do you think we live in, where a 600-800 pound, 10-12' tall omnivorous, opportunist predator, is allowed to live within a 5400 yard golf course's distance of our children? There is no place in Kentucky that could ever have that large of a creature living unmolested for this long. Do you feel cheated that you never got to experience REAL ancient forests? So you fabricate this belief in Bigfoot to make your day hikes into the woods seem more Caveman?
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2013, 07:42 AM   #337
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
I'm not here to sell Bigfoot to anyone.
I'm seeing this quite a bit with enthusiasts. "I'm not out to prove anything to anyone because blahblahblah. I know and that's all that counts."

Actually, I'm down with that: your belief is good enough for you.

You also say that you're not out to prove anything and that's good as well because you can't. Nor can your fellow enthusiasts. The thing you need to prove bigfoot is a bigfoot, and there aren't any of those.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2013, 07:46 AM   #338
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

What Chris said he is here to do is this:

Read. Post. Read. Post. Read. Post. Read. Post.....
Old 12th September 2013, 07:48 AM   #339
elkabong51
Scholar

BFF is a joke. Anyone who disagrees with the nonsense there is quickly "disappeared". Come on, now--habituators, gun-toting specimen collectors, psychic/magical powers believers--unless BFF is a portal to an alternate reality, it is all bollocks.
elkabong51 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2013, 09:21 AM   #340
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
What kind of fantasy world do you think we live in, where a 600-800 pound, 10-12' tall omnivorous, opportunist predator, is allowed to live within a 5400 yard golf course's distance of our children? There is no place in Kentucky that could ever have that large of a creature living unmolested for this long. Do you feel cheated that you never got to experience REAL ancient forests? So you fabricate this belief in Bigfoot to make your day hikes into the woods seem more Caveman?
Exactly how do you know what I've seen and what I haven't? See, this is a perfect example of the type of supposition that blatantly passes for acceptable truth here. (Depending on which side you place your view of the subject that is.)
Old 12th September 2013, 09:29 AM   #341
dafydd
Banned

Exactly how do you know what I've seen and what I haven't?
That is not the point. The point is that there is no evidence that shows the existence of Bigfoot.
dafydd is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2013, 09:30 AM   #342
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
What Chris said he is here to do is this:

Read. Post. Read. Post. Read. Post. Read. Post.....
Yep, I'd be disappointed if you didn't already know something.
Why else?
Old 12th September 2013, 09:32 AM   #343
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Originally Posted by dafydd View Post
That is not the point. The point is that there is no evidence that shows the existence of Bigfoot.
LOL , I really like you.
Old 12th September 2013, 09:41 AM   #344
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Originally Posted by elkabong51 View Post
BFF is a joke. Anyone who disagrees with the nonsense there is quickly "disappeared". Come on, now--habituators, gun-toting specimen collectors, psychic/magical powers believers--unless BFF is a portal to an alternate reality, it is all bollocks.
Actually, I'm of the opinion the BFF is a good platform. No forum is perfect. One thing's for certain, it's a family based forum and the civility rules are taken very seriously there. If you got kicked out, you must have not been very civil?

As far as people that post there. Like all forums there is a mix of people. Some are there to be serious, share and learn. Some are there to play and provoke others with no real interest in Bigfoot, only the people.

I post there and I don't think every single story or detail I read is true. So what? One must learn to separate fact from fiction. But just because I don't believe someone's story or encounter, it doesn't mean I have to charge in with an heated attack.

Last edited by ChrisBFRPKY; 12th September 2013 at 09:43 AM. Reason: clarify
Old 12th September 2013, 09:47 AM   #345
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Actually, I'm of the opinion the BFF is a good platform. No forum is perfect. One thing's for certain, it's a family based forum and the civility rules are taken very seriously there. If you got kicked out, you must have not been very civil?
Doesn't follow.

Quote:
As far as people that post there. Like all forums there is a mix of people. Some are there to be serious, share and learn. Some are there to play and provoke others with no real interest in Bigfoot, only the people.
As long as you understand that some of the players are playing from your point of view. Playing the enthusiasts.

Quote:
I post there and I don't think every single story or detail is true. So what? One must learn to separate fact from fiction. But just because I don't believe someone's story or encounter, it doesn't mean I have to charge in with an heated attack.
What is your objective metric/tool to separate the fact from the fiction?
Old 12th September 2013, 09:59 AM   #346
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Doesn't follow.

As long as you understand that some of the players are playing from your point of view. Playing the enthusiasts.

What is your objective metric/tool to separate the fact from the fiction?
My view is that Bigfoot is a living biological creature. Therefore it is incapable of disappearing into thin air, does not link to the UFO or any other mystery, must leave footprints and other signs of it passing thru/inhabiting an area, just to mention a few. Embellishments are also very telling. That's all I wish to talk about for obvious reasons.
Old 12th September 2013, 10:07 AM   #347
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

My view is that Bigfoot is a living biological creature. Therefore it is incapable of disappearing into thin air, does not link to the UFO or any other mystery, must leave footprints and other signs of it passing thru/inhabiting an area, just to mention a few. Embellishments are also very telling. That's all I wish to talk about for obvious reasons.
Well if you start with the conclusion one can pretty much believe anything exists.

I believe that a unicorn is a living biological creature. Therefore it is incapable of disappearing into thin air, does not link to the UFO or any other mystery, must leave footprints and other signs of it passing thru/inhabiting an area, just to mention a few.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2013, 10:07 AM   #348
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

My view is that Bigfoot is a living biological creature.
This is a big problem for you folks because . . .
Quote:
Therefore it is incapable of disappearing into thin air, does not link to the UFO or any other mystery, must leave footprints and other signs of it passing thru/inhabiting an area, just to mention a few.
It doesn't leave signs of its passing. At least not in any objective way. Game trails, kill sites, **** piles, bones, skulls. Unless there are some of these of which I'm unaware. Points off for suggesting bigfoot body parts secreted away at the Smithsonian.
Old 12th September 2013, 10:08 AM   #349
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Nogard View Post
I believe that Rick Dyer is telling the truth and that the bigfoot he shot and killed will be released sometime before January 1st, 2014. I'm curious to know if the skeptics here would fully embrace this discovery when the scientists confirm it or if you will just write it off as another hoax. What would it take for you to realize that this is actually real? There comes a point when the evidence is so great that it takes more faith to believe its a hoax.

Not only will you see pictures and video of the bigfoot, but a top tier team of scientists who have been studying the body for a year will hold a press conference to disclose their findings. Then in 2014, Rick will be taking the body on tour across the U.S. so you can get the chance to see it in person. Also, after this proves bigfoot's existence, will it open up the possibility of other cryptids being real, like the Jersey Devil, for instance? In any case, it will show that mass eyewitness testimony should be taken more seriously than it has been among skeptics.
This is an awesome post. It's funny, but it also shows the religious side of Bigfootery.
OntarioSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2013, 10:17 AM   #350
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Ah and once again the lecture to deny Bigfoot. I get it, you don't think they exist. Good for you. But they do.
Originally Posted by Slowvehicle View Post
...and your evidence for this assertion is...what, exactly?

THAT'S why y'all get called "believers".
I would like to rephrase my earlier post.

Would you mind explaining to me, simply and forthrightly, WHY you believe the portion of your post I have taken the liberty to highlight? I would sincerely like to know your reasons...
I have taken the liberty of reposting this, since you seem to have missed it...

Last edited by Slowvehicle; 12th September 2013 at 10:20 AM.
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2013, 10:23 AM   #351
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
Well if you start with the conclusion one can pretty much believe anything exists.

I believe that a unicorn is a living biological creature. Therefore it is incapable of disappearing into thin air, does not link to the UFO or any other mystery, must leave footprints and other signs of it passing thru/inhabiting an area, just to mention a few.
I'm not surprised.
Old 12th September 2013, 10:25 AM   #352
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

This is a big problem for you folks because . . .

It doesn't leave signs of its passing. At least not in any objective way. Game trails, kill sites, **** piles, bones, skulls. Unless there are some of these of which I'm unaware. Points off for suggesting bigfoot body parts secreted away at the Smithsonian.
I believe you. It doesn't leave any signs of passing that you've found.
Old 12th September 2013, 10:27 AM   #353
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

I have taken the liberty of reposting this, since you seem to have missed it...
I didn't miss it. I'm just not interested in providing evidence for you. I'm not your employee. No offense but that's not why I'm here.
Old 12th September 2013, 10:31 AM   #354
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

I didn't miss it. I'm just not interested in providing evidence for you. I'm not your employee. No offense but that's not why I'm here.
Can't provide something you don't have.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2013, 10:35 AM   #355
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Well, you DID miss it, at least the restatement. I asked you to be so kind as to explain why you believe in 'Squatch.

I am curious about unreason in all its forms.

I am also curious as to why you would post in a forum, intended for the exchange of ideas, and avoid such a simple question.

Seriously: Why do you believe in an undiscovered North American giant anthropoid primate?
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th September 2013, 11:22 AM   #356
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Well, you DID miss it, at least the restatement. I asked you to be so kind as to explain why you believe in 'Squatch.

I am curious about unreason in all its forms.

I am also curious as to why you would post in a forum, intended for the exchange of ideas, and avoid such a simple question.

Seriously: Why do you believe in an undiscovered North American giant anthropoid primate?
I have answered that question previously. Although it may have been in another thread you may have missed. Because your post is courteous I will respond.

I know the Sasquatch exists the same as the Gorilla and the Chimpanzee because I've seen them and studied them. That's why I said "they exist".

If you are of the view the Sasquatch does not exist, that's ok by me.
I'm not open to discussion about these sightings or observations. Thanks
Old 12th September 2013, 11:31 AM   #357
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

I know the Sasquatch exists the same as the Gorilla and the Chimpanzee because I've seen them and studied them. That's why I said "they exist".

If you are of the view the Sasquatch does not exist, that's ok by me.
I'm not open to discussion about these sightings or observations. Thanks
Why not?

Thanks.
Old 12th September 2013, 11:32 AM   #358
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

I believe you. It doesn't leave any signs of passing that you've found.
Or anyone. Well, other than pretend. Lots of that in your particular enthusiasm.
Old 12th September 2013, 11:42 AM   #359
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Or anyone. Well, other than pretend. Lots of that in your particular enthusiasm.
This is the answer to the Why not? Asked in your previous post.
Old 12th September 2013, 11:46 AM   #360
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Quote:
Early in 2008 the BFRP began a 24 hour video and digital recording of a known migration area in hope of catching one of these creatures on video or at least recording their vocals in high quality audio for scientific analysis of the vocal patterns.
5 years and still no identifiable evidence?

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal