ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags cryptozoology , devil's footprints , ufos

Old 6th October 2013, 08:47 AM   #161
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Originally Posted by Alan Lowey View Post
I'm proposing that the females migrate to sunnier climates during the UK winter, possibly south east Africa aka the Drakensberg Mountains. The males stay to defend their territory and den sites. If the males compete with one another then they could become injured or exhausted and unable to achieve normal flight home or be displaced by a newcomer altogether. This is when the tracks are made; the male is simply too exhausted to fly to safety in the normal way before sunrise.

An unexpected snowfall would exacerbate the effect and reveal their insect-navigated straight path to familiar safety.
I can make up stuff too: The males are equipped with boxing gloves on their forelegs. On Boxing Day, they compete in boxing matches for their territory.

"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky

"I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!"
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 08:50 AM   #162
Agatha
Winking at the Moon

And yet, in this very crowded country with CCTV cameras almost everywhere, none of these 4ft tall 'entities' have ever been captured either on film or by any person. The only 'evidence' of their existence is a drawing of some prints which don't resemble the prints in the photographs, and a lot of imagination.

Vodka kills salmonella and all other enemies of freedom for sure - Nationalcosmopolitan
Agatha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 08:51 AM   #163
tuxcat
Muse

I'm proposing that the females migrate to sunnier climates during the UK winter, possibly south east Africa aka the Drakensberg Mountains. The males stay to defend their territory and den sites. If the males compete with one another then they could become injured or exhausted and unable to achieve normal flight home or be displaced by a newcomer altogether. This is when the tracks are made; the male is simply too exhausted to fly to safety in the normal way before sunrise.

An unexpected snowfall would exacerbate the effect and reveal their insect-navigated straight path to familiar safety.
The other question that I have is can you cite a peer-reviewed journal proving the existence of the dragonfly or give it's name and taxonomy.

PS: your picture looks to me to be either a bee or bluebottle or a mark on a window. The trouble is that the photo is highly compressed so detail has been lost. It's also too dark to see clearly. There's also nothing to give a scale of size of the "blob" (for want of a better description!) either unfortunately. Do you have any recent photos?
tuxcat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 08:56 AM   #164
tuxcat
Muse

Originally Posted by Agatha View Post
And yet, in this very crowded country with CCTV cameras almost everywhere, none of these 4ft tall 'entities' have ever been captured either on film or by any person. The only 'evidence' of their existence is a drawing of some prints which don't resemble the prints in the photographs, and a lot of imagination.
We have a photo of something or another, it's just a pity it's very low-res and compressed highly. The only thing that can be seen is a black blob - it could be anything. I'd say that it could invoke pareidolia.
tuxcat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 09:00 AM   #165
Maestro
Scholar

Now I'm thinking Aspergers syndrome.
Maestro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 09:03 AM   #166
Alan Lowey
Muse

Originally Posted by Agatha View Post

Not true. They have been captured on film, just not properly identified. As I've said before, they are luminous which disguises their shape.

This CCTV footage shows the thick limbs required for trachea tube development. Notice how it spots the eyes of the cat in the alley opposite. It then continues down the street to the right. The cat emerges and walks down the pavement to the left. The luminous insectoid is then captured returning at a higher speed in pursuit.

Half-cat corpses are another unexplained mystery which can be attributed to these Dragonfly-related entities.

Luminous Flying Entity Caught On CCTV

Half Cat Mutilation reports continue!

Quote:
"Hello,

"About 1 1/2 years ago I was walking my dog in the early morning when I saw what appeared to be a dead cat on someones front lawn. As I got closer I realized that the cat was cut in half. It was just its head and front legs. It was a clean cut like someone took a knife to it. It was obviously a fresh cut because it was pink inside but I didn't notice any blood. I thought it must be a coyote but there was no hair around the cat and no blood and the cats fur looked normal. I just assumed it was a coyote because I have seen them in my neighborhood several times. I told my friend what I had seen that day and she said oh no, that's an owl that killed it. She said that's what happened to her cat a few years ago. I thought well that makes sense.

About 3 months ago, I was walking my dog in the early morning and there it was again, another cat. This time in the middle of the street, cut in half, clean line and no blood. I thought wow there are a lot of owls out here.

4 weeks ago, same thing, walking my dog but this time was different. I saw something on the sidewalk and I thought it was a rat, as I got closer it was half of a tail. The tail was jet black with white stripes, clean cut, no blood. About 6 feet from that was the half cat again, it was light peach in color, no blood, clean cut. About 3 feet from that was the bottom half of a cat that was dark brown in color. I thought geez, this time the owl killed 2 cats at once. It wasn't until later when I was telling the story that I thought wait, that tail didn't match the bottom part of the brown cat and I thought I saw a fury tail but I don't remember but I do know that there is no way that it was the same cat, it was 2 different cats, maybe even 3.

About a week ago my co-worker told me to look at this website because there is a mystery of the half cats. I still was thinking it was an owl but as I searched all over the internet of how owls kill there prey, there was nothing that said their talons slice like a knife. When I asked my Dad if owls kill like that he said no bird would and they pick and rip there food. A coyote would take the whole cat back to it's pack and they always leave a fury mess. So now I am so curious as to what or who is killing these cats."

All of these events took place within 3/4 of a mile from my house.

Thank You
(named withheld for privacy)
I live in West Hills, Ca "
Alan Lowey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 09:07 AM   #167
tuxcat
Muse

Alan, would it be possible for someone to capture this insect and prove it's existence or does some good fortune always prevent that from happening?
Old 6th October 2013, 09:11 AM   #168
Alan Lowey
Muse

Remember that the trachea tubes in increasing size of insects is dominant in the legs. Notice how the limbs of these insectoids appear much thicker than expected for an insect. If the wings are not spread then they would appear as a kind of 'backpack' shape on the back of the body.

Now take a look at this video which just recently captured a so called 'flying humanoid'. It moves with a speed faster than the eye can see at one point. It can be observed moving relative to the hill.

Video 'Flying Humanoid With Backpack' Hovers and Maneuvers At High Speed (Belfast, Sept 2013)

Alan Lowey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 09:12 AM   #169
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
:golf clap:

Well done.
Old 6th October 2013, 09:12 AM   #170
Alan Lowey
Muse

Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post
Alan, would it be possible for someone to capture this insect and prove it's existence or does some good fortune always prevent that from happening?

As I said in post#140:

Quote:
They are too fast to be filmed easily. They fly faster than the eye can see. They have super-insect-senses. They are very sensitive and will try to evade a situation if possible. There will be examples open to science soon, but they can be very dangerous too and have a psychic ability to induce paralysis in humans. It's a tricky job to catch one.

My suggestion would be to create an underground den site with an entrance only easily accessible from the air. A clever trap system would have to be initially installed of course. It could be done..
Old 6th October 2013, 09:13 AM   #171
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

The replies to the above eyewitness encounter:
All these sightings and yet not one of a dragonfly hopping on its claspers, or eating animal blood not for food but to replace(?) its own blood for oxygenation purposes, or flying without using its wings.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 09:18 AM   #172
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Wait a minute.........we've jumped from dragon flies producing tail-prints in England, to sliced-in-half cats in California. Is there any evidence of giant dragonfly presence in California? Have there been any tail prints reported from there? Have there been any sightings from there?

Could you tell me how big these things actually are? I mean, to slice a cat in half it would have to be 5 or 6 feet long, wouldn't it? Otherwise its mouthparts would be way too small for the job, surely. That would imply a wingspan of, what, 8 feet or so, minimum?

I'm convinced. We just need someone sober to actually see one of these things and that would be it. Sealed deal. Nothing science could say against that. Boy, I bet they make a good noise, too.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 09:19 AM   #173
Alan Lowey
Muse

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
All these sightings and yet not one of a dragonfly hopping on its claspers, or eating animal blood not for food but to replace(?) its own blood for oxygenation purposes, or flying without using its wings.

Click on the video link in post#168 and try to explain how the entity moves faster than the eye can see.
Old 6th October 2013, 09:22 AM   #174
tuxcat
Muse

Originally Posted by Alan Lowey
Originally Posted by tuxcat View Post

As I said in post#140:

Quote:
They are too fast to be filmed easily. They fly faster than the eye can see. They have super-insect-senses. They are very sensitive and will try to evade a situation if possible. There will be examples open to science soon, but they can be very dangerous too and have a psychic ability to induce paralysis in humans. It's a tricky job to catch one.

My suggestion would be to create an underground den site with an entrance only easily accessible from the air. A clever trap system would have to be initially installed of course. It could be done..
Hmm didn't see that - sorry

So basically it can't be captured because it's good fortune prevents it. That makes providing evidence for it's existence pretty difficult by the looks of it. So if it's impossible to see, how do people know about it? Or is it just certain people (like only psychics can see ghosts) that can see it?
Old 6th October 2013, 09:22 AM   #175
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Click on the video link in post#168 and try to explain how the entity moves faster than the eye can see.
You're forgetting that pesky little burden-of-proof thing again Alan. Simple rules don't seem to stick very well with you. I guess we'll have to keep on repeating them ad infinitum.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 09:23 AM   #176
Alan Lowey
Muse

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
Wait a minute.........we've jumped from dragon flies producing tail-prints in England, to sliced-in-half cats in California. Is there any evidence of giant dragonfly presence in California? Have there been any tail prints reported from there? Have there been any sightings from there?

Could you tell me how big these things actually are? I mean, to slice a cat in half it would have to be 5 or 6 feet long, wouldn't it? Otherwise its mouthparts would be way too small for the job, surely. That would imply a wingspan of, what, 8 feet or so, minimum?

I'm convinced. We just need someone sober to actually see one of these things and that would be it. Sealed deal. Nothing science could say against that. Boy, I bet they make a good noise, too.

Luminous orb UFOs are reported worldwide. Giant Dragonflies of the past existed on all the continents. The modern day ones vary in size. They are all reported to fly silently!

Someone build a den, preferably with an underground 'stream', make it as inaccessible as possible except from the air. Build a clever trap. Someone be very careful, but it can be done!
Old 6th October 2013, 09:26 AM   #177
Alan Lowey
Muse

I've had enough for now. I've off for an Indian with the family tonight, it's my mother's birthday. More later..
Old 6th October 2013, 09:26 AM   #178
tuxcat
Muse

Luminous orb UFOs are reported worldwide. Giant Dragonflies of the past existed on all the continents. The modern day ones vary in size. They are all reported to fly silently!

Someone build a den, preferably with an underground 'stream', make it as inaccessible as possible except from the air. Build a clever trap. Someone be very careful, but it can be done!
I don't see how an UNIDENTIFIED object correlates with an extinct dragonfly. What's the link between unidentified objects (and hence unknown) with a known but now nonexistent object?
Old 6th October 2013, 09:33 AM   #179
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
What part of "cocktail napkin quality" escaped you? I'll flesh out all those minor details on the final blueprint.
Ah. Sorry...when you get the truespec drawing done (I have particular interest in the morph from dragonfly mode to golden snitch mode) let me know...TYVM.

Please not to leave out the malevolent expression and the nessie larval stages...
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 09:41 AM   #180
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

I've had enough for now. I've off for an Indian with the family tonight, it's my mother's birthday. More later..
There will be more unidentified objects in your curry than there are in the snows of Devon. Please tell everyone around the table how those odd lumps in the sauce must be associated with giant tail-hopping dragonflies.

Last edited by MikeG; 6th October 2013 at 09:45 AM.
Old 6th October 2013, 09:46 AM   #181
Correa Neto
Philosopher

I'm proposing they are not a type of giant dragonfly. They are giant praying mantis. This would explain the humanoid aspects of the sightings - but note these are the juvenile specimens. The adults, well, its enough to say one of them destroyed bombers in the 50's. Its all documented in film.
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Together we can find the cure
Oh, and together we can find a cure to religion too…
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 09:55 AM   #182
Agatha
Winking at the Moon

Not true. They have been captured on film, just not properly identified. As I've said before, they are luminous which disguises their shape.

This CCTV footage shows the thick limbs required for trachea tube development. Notice how it spots the eyes of the cat in the alley opposite. It then continues down the street to the right. The cat emerges and walks down the pavement to the left. The luminous insectoid is then captured returning at a higher speed in pursuit.
Half-cat corpses are another unexplained mystery which can be attributed to these Dragonfly-related entities.

Luminous Flying Entity Caught On
CCTV
It's almost certainly a moth close to the camera.

Cats attacked in California is not evidence of giant dragonflies in rural England.

Vodka kills salmonella and all other enemies of freedom for sure - Nationalcosmopolitan
Agatha is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 10:09 AM   #183
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Watch out for the giant petrol-filled exploding bumblebees!

"I don't want to live in a world without shemp." - Quarky

"I'll teach your grandmother to suck eggs!"
shemp is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 10:14 AM   #184
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Originally Posted by shemp View Post
I can make up stuff too: The males are equipped with boxing gloves on their forelegs. On Boxing Day, they compete in boxing matches for their territory.
The females store calcified blood in order to make white numbers on leaves, of which to score the event. The males compete for 12 sanctioned rounds using a mutated tree bark as a ring, Which is true because if you look at stumps they have rings.

When the event concludes the male mates with the female who devours him and then lays her eggs in a pine cone nest, The evidence of which is very obvious when you see ll those pine cones on the ground, How else would they get there?!

The eggs hatch and the cycle begins again.

Source: totallytruewebsitefulloffactsandsciencesoundingwor ds.org
----------------------------------------------
“That which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.” -Christopher Hitchens-

Last edited by Nay_Sayer; 6th October 2013 at 10:15 AM.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 10:20 AM   #185
GT/CS
Illuminator

We can see now that the bodies of the Dragonfly-like insectoids are more acorn shaped with large heads. This would mean that the male clasper would be relatively larger than the modern day dragonfly equivalent. It would still be a large creature to leave a 4inch by 3inch track. The wingspan of these types doesn't have quite the same meaning as in the bird species. But I'd guess at a 4ft tall entity if upright with a translucent curved wingspan of 5-6ft if they are spread out. Something like that.

From the Argentinian duende video the entity appears to stretch out it's tail section towards the ground when it opens it's wings.
You're really not very good at this game.
Old 6th October 2013, 10:23 AM   #186
GT/CS
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
No, he's obviously just playing a game to see if he can use his imagination to come up with answers to whatever we ask,, which would be OK if he would have told us that up front because some people apparently think he's serious.

Last edited by GT/CS; 6th October 2013 at 10:25 AM.
GT/CS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 10:55 AM   #187
Damien Evans
Up The Irons
Tagger

Originally Posted by AdMan View Post
And surely goes to show how much of a Poe/satire this thread actually is.
Either that, he's a loony, or he's just pulling stuff from up the Khyber and thinks it makes sense.
i loves the little birdies they goes tweet tweet tweet hee hee i loves them they sings to each other tweet twet tweet hee hee i loves them they is so cute i love yje little birdies little birdies in the room when birfies sings ther is no gloom i lobes the little birdies they goess tweet tweet tweet hee hee hee i loves them they sings me to sleep sing me to slrrp now little birdies - The wisdom of Shemp.
Damien Evans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 10:58 AM   #188
Damien Evans
Up The Irons
Tagger

Why would you think that?
i loves the little birdies they goes tweet tweet tweet hee hee i loves them they sings to each other tweet twet tweet hee hee i loves them they is so cute i love yje little birdies little birdies in the room when birfies sings ther is no gloom i lobes the little birdies they goess tweet tweet tweet hee hee hee i loves them they sings me to sleep sing me to slrrp now little birdies - The wisdom of Shemp.
Damien Evans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 11:56 AM   #189
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Hmmmm. I wonder if you actually have any experience of Asperger's?

I do, as I have a daughter with AS. There isn't any way of telling from the written word that someone does or doesn't have AS.....other than the fact that a large number of people with Asperger's are extremely high achievers with great concentration, so you might expect copious amounts of high quality writing.
Old 6th October 2013, 12:23 PM   #190
Maestro
Scholar

There's a poster who shows up every once in a while on guitar forums asking the same question repeatedly and ignoring the answers ( in a "Yes, but..." style). It was either someone who knew him or someone familiar with the syndrome that made the observation. This seems similar to me, but it's likely a Poe.

ETA: I have a friend who goes on at length about one type of woo or another and it's impossible to get him off the subject, so I often wonder about him. So that's likely why I though of it to begin with.

Last edited by Maestro; 6th October 2013 at 12:26 PM.
Maestro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 12:54 PM   #191
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
.....would be OK if he would have told us that up front because some people apparently think he's serious.
Thought.

I gave too much credit early on, I'm afraid, as some recent scars from an encounter with Paul Bethke persuaded me that some people with crazy notions actually are deadly serious about them. Some, however, clearly aren't.

Now, however, I am a convert to the hopping giant dragonfly thing, and I'm seeing them everywhere. I'm sure one caused a puncture in a bike tyre on our ride this morning. I didn't see it though.......it was too fast.
Old 6th October 2013, 12:54 PM   #192
Alan Lowey
Muse

Originally Posted by Correa Neto View Post
I'm proposing they are not a type of giant dragonfly. They are giant praying mantis. This would explain the humanoid aspects of the sightings - but note these are the juvenile specimens. The adults, well, its enough to say one of them destroyed bombers in the 50's. Its all documented in film.

(P.S. The Indian buffet was fantastic. Highly recommended.)

Funny you should mention the giant praying mantis humanoid. Let's face it, how would you tell the difference from a dragonfly common ancestor? I'd be interested in the film you mention. I've never heard of it.

Here's a giant humanoid insect encounter: 'Praying Mantis Man' Sighting - Musconetcong River, Hackettstown, NJ

Quote:
Fly fishing on the Musconetcong River in New Jersey with my boss, I saw briefly what I could only describe as "a Praying Mantis Man".

Although the water was clear, there had been heavy rains the past couple of days. We should not have been out there; the river was "smooth" but the current was exceptionally strong. I was leaning backwards and digging my heels into the the gravel but the river was still kicking me along pretty good. Sketchy navigating.

Please know, I am "privy to the paranormal" and always have been. Shadow people, ghosts, whatever. But what I encountered that day was not Spirit. It was a "biological", living creature. But it disappeared into thin air almost as soon as I saw it.

For whatever reason, my searches at the time turned up nothing. But then by chance I came across an 'Alien Race' type video on Youtube and there in the artwork I saw what I saw: "Ancient Mantis Leaders". So when I began searching "Mantis Alien" instead of "Praying Mantis Man", I found a lot more.

They say they are "Inter-dimensional", whatever that means, but I did not get that impression. No, this creature was cloaked and because of both my innate sensory perception skills and the particular physical circumstances at the time, (important), --I can add details if you are interested-- I just "Caught it". Movement out of the corner of my eye to my left and there it was---

Humanoid. Tall. 6 foot at least --no reference points-- but I sense 6'6" - 7'. Moving away from me back up the bank. (I am chest-high in the river) The first thing I see was the 'grasshopper' thigh, but bending forward like a human. Then the whole form. He is looking at me over his shoulder, moving up the bank, astonished, amazed. What, that I am in the water in a strong current, that I can see him? But yes we lock eyes and this creature is astonished-- I get the sense that he can't believe I am in the water, that he can't believe I have seen him, that I am not perturbed at all-- something of all three, I still don't know-- just astonishment and he is actually trying to get away from me and the water!

Triangular Head. Huge, slanted black eyes. Just like a Praying Mantis. It's whole body was gangly, nobby, ((Nobby!) but you could still sense it was powerful, and no-- I would not say it was a "Big Bug"-- it was definitely humanoid despite the mantis/insect qualities...

No, I did not tell my boss about this, who was in the water too about fifty yards behind me at the time. Being "privy to the paranormal" you just see these things and sort of go "okay". No fear, no nothing-- but I do get the sense that my "whatever" attitude contributed to this creature's astonishment. Frankly, I didn't give the encounter much though until recently.

This took place in Hackettstown, NJ. The stretch of the Musconetcong River here is unusual in that it's west bank borders Rt. 46, (a local highway, congested with lots of stores) but the east bank where we were fishing borders fields and farmlands.

No bank to speak of on the developed side, but the sloping bank on the rural side was high (ten feet?) A strip of trees about 10 - 20 yards thick separated the river from the fields beyond, but there was the occasional gap/path, each about 20 yards wide that allowed clear access to the river.

Like I mentioned, the weather had been bad the previous several days, and the sky was white and heavy. It was mid-afternoon.

When I saw The Mantis Man, it was in one of these gaps, moving back up the bank towards the fields, looking back at me over its left shoulder. About 15 - 20 yards away.

So understand that it was several feet above me (I looked up at it) and framed clearly against that blank/white sky. Like a full ghost apparition, it was indeed clear but nevertheless nearly transparent and fading fast. Then it "evaporated" mid-stride.

Again, I stress the strong impression that The Mantis Man was cloaked and I "caught it" just right; it abruptly found itself against a "new"/blank background and was adjusting quickly. No, I do not believe it "slipped" into another dimension/plane.

I detected movement and first saw that strong left thigh, (and strong right calf) then the whole thing and immediately those eyes/face. The whole encounter was only a couple of seconds. I can not tell you with any strong certainty what its feet or hands looked like --I wasn't looking there-- but I can tell you that its arms were "normal", and not the literal Mantis forelegs I have recently seen in drawings of these "Aliens".

And another one from the same river to corroborate it: Mantis Man sighting on the M'cong... this is no joke

Quote:
I like a good story like anyone else, but my friend told me a story today that was so profound that I felt the need to share it with the rest of the town. This friend of mine who told me this story is a very successful businessman. Deep into our conversation today he started tearing up uncontrollably and told me he had something to get off his chest that had been eating at him for some time. I hope you're ready for this because I wasn't.

Apparently about a year ago my friend and his brother were down at Stephen's State Park fishing right around dusk. During this time, while his brother was roughly 50 yards downstream fishing, he said he felt this strange vibration in his right ear and from that he turned and looked to the right. When he turned and looked to the right he said he saw this 6 to 7 foot praying-mantis-looking-man... just standing there and unable to believe that he could see him. He said the creature was black and gray and to be quite honest, the way my buddy was telling me this story, I was having a tough time. I know he saw this thing... because I could see it in his face.

Anyhow, we Googled "Praying Mantis Man on Muscenetcong" right after that and it turns out my friend is not alone. I can't even emphasize enough how bad my friend was crying today over what he saw.
Quote:
Coincidentally I just happen to run in to the teller of this story as I speak while out to dinner with my wife. I told him that I posted his tale on the local forum. After freaking out he saw how some people actually believe him. Now, when it comes to something like this I would never denigrate either of our credibility, but I just had him tell me the story again and if he's not telling the truth then he certainly believes he is.. needless to say and incidentally he's freaked me out all over again. He actually just admitted that he wet himself during these three brief seconds and he sat down in the water so his brother didn't think he ....his pants. I'm happy some you take this to heart because on the karma which I live by.. whether this guy saw this being or not he is telling the truth ... A truth he believes whole heartedly.

Last edited by Alan Lowey; 6th October 2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 6th October 2013, 01:49 PM   #193
Correa Neto
Philosopher

Funny you should mention the giant praying mantis humanoid. Let's face it, how would you tell the difference from a dragonfly common ancestor? I'd be interested in the film you mention. I've never heard of it.
Oh, sure!
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Enjoy the unknown indescribable paralyzing terror in the most astounding scenes ever filmed.
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Together we can find the cure
Oh, and together we can find a cure to religion too…
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 03:37 PM   #194
Alareth
Philosopher

Preposterous.

What evidence do you have that a giant tail hopping vampiric dragonfly with a larval stage resembling a pleasiosaur would suffer from Aspergers?
Alareth is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 04:27 PM   #195
Maestro
Scholar

Originally Posted by Alareth View Post
Preposterous.

What evidence do you have that a giant tail hopping vampiric dragonfly with a larval stage resembling a pleasiosaur would suffer from Aspergers?
About the same amount as for the Dragonfly itself. Therefore I must be correct.
Old 6th October 2013, 04:55 PM   #196
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
About the same amount as for the Dragonfly itself. Therefore I must be correct.
...it fits all the evidence...
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 06:52 PM   #197
TjW
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post
Thought.

I gave too much credit early on, I'm afraid, as some recent scars from an encounter with Paul Bethke persuaded me that some people with crazy notions actually are deadly serious about them. Some, however, clearly aren't.

Now, however, I am a convert to the hopping giant dragonfly thing, and I'm seeing them everywhere. I'm sure one caused a puncture in a bike tyre on our ride this morning. I didn't see it though.......it was too fast.
Me too. A giant cat-splitting dragonhopper turned me into a newt!
TjW is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th October 2013, 07:23 PM   #198
Alan Lowey
Muse

Originally Posted by Correa Neto View Post
Oh, sure!
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Enjoy the unknown indescribable paralyzing terror in the most astounding scenes ever filmed.

Hah! Thanks for the link. Interesting that they write on the screen a "paralyzing terror". It reminded me of the Sleep Paralysis phenomenon and the famous carving. See here:

Quote:
M.C. Escher
Dream (Mantis Religiosa)

Wood engraving
13 x 10 in.
Gift of Eric F. Menke, 1979

This M.C. Escher engraving was given to Georgetown by architect Eric Menke, who purchased it at the artist’s first American exhibition (at the Whyte Gallery in Washington, D.C.) It is the first print Escher sold in the United States.

Old 6th October 2013, 07:36 PM   #199
Alan Lowey
Muse

Okay, now we're going into the realm of giant insect humanoids being responsible for sleep paralysis and 'night terrors'.

A Praying Mantis Experience

Quote:
I woke up at about 2:30 in the morning to find a tall praying mantis looking being and a cloaked being by the side of my bed. I thought to myself "What crazy dream is this?" The cloaked being looked at me from beneath its hood, revealing its black skin, which appeared leathery and reflecting light much like a beetles skin. I shut my eyes, thinking this must be a realistic dream! But when I re-opened my eyes, the figures were unfortunately still there.

The cloaked figure looked up to the tall praying mantis type, as if it was confused as to what actions it should take next. The praying mantis turned its head towards the hooded one and made a series of high-pitched clicking sounds. I sensed this was the one in command, possibly the other was some kind of security guard. It's at this point I realized, I'm definitely not dreaming, I can hear them. I couldn't move but my brain went into a deep panic. "OH my god what is going on?" "What are they?" I don't want to look too closely at the mantis, so I just glance at it.

All I recall was that it was tall. At least 7 foot, it had to bend its neck because of the height of the ceiling. Its head was pointed with large eyes. Its for-arms were extremely long and moved in a jerky fashion. The cloaked figure was closer, crouching by my bed, so I couldn't tell how tall it was, but I could clearly see that it was wearing some kind of overlapping ridged amour? Including a metallic looking breastplate that had a series of circles on it. Its head was dome-like with emotionless facial features. Its eyes were large and surrounded again by detailed ridges. It acted in a way that reminded me of a robot or insect.

I remember thinking to myself, nobody's going to believe this! A bloody giant sized mantis and medieval-style dressed alien, what the hell is this? Before this incident, although I hadn't see one, I was familiar with the gray types but I had never heard of the praying-mantis types. At this point, the mantis bent its upper body, over my bed and directly above me. In its hand it was holding a long metal object that looked like a needle. A green light shot directly from the needle and into my right eye. Maybe it's a laser, I am not sure, but I do know it felt very painful. I could see all the veins from my eye, the same effect you get when an Optician checks your eyes. I screamed but no noise came out. I then felt something stick into my skull! I'm not sure what because by that time I had my eyes closed. I pretended to sleep and went into deep panic! My mind was racing at a million miles per hour. I heard a great whooshing sound and when I next reopened my eyes thankfully they had gone.

I lay shaking and confused for what seemed like hours and just couldn't return back to sleep. At no time did I feel like they cared about my health or me! They seem to have an insect cold type mentality. I really thought I was going to die. The next day I spent the whole day in bed and felt as if I had been through a major operation. It's very painful to recall and since this incident, I sometimes hear clicking sounds inside my head. I was in shock for a long while afterwards; I can say that this definitely happened, this definitely was real. I have no answers or conclusions but I think it's important to get real life accounts out there.

The high-pitch clicking sound matches the vibration in the right ear of the fisherman in river account above. These insectoids have developed a bat-like sonar night sensor imo.

The luminous 'medallion' at chest height is also a recurring feature of many accounts. It can even be argued that this feature can be seen in the 'Flying Humanoid With Backpack' video over Belfast, given above.

I've even deduced that the hooded figure is the female and the taller entity the male. Remember the male clasper would attach to the head of the female during mating. The female also holds a large stick in a lot of cases. I'm even suggesting that this is used during mating as a platform, even though the two will be hovering during the mating process. The stick is a remnant of their early mating on a twig evolution.

Strange but true?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg mantis-cloakedentity-art.jpg (63.6 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Alan Lowey; 6th October 2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old 6th October 2013, 07:39 PM   #200
GT/CS
Illuminator

You're boring us, sweetie.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal