ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags james oberg , Kenneth Arnold , UFO sightings , ufos

Old 10th July 2017, 01:36 AM   #41
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
They are aliens and now, countries around the world are slowly releasing their own UFO files.
Nope. Like I said, governments have a vested interest in keeping you thinking that it's aliens so that you won't notice the ghosts stealing your secrets right from under your nose.

I mean come on - it's the only explanation that makes sense!
Old 10th July 2017, 02:30 AM   #42
smartcooky
Philosopher

Originally Posted by arthwollipot View Post
Nope. Like I said, governments have a vested interest in keeping you thinking that it's aliens so that you won't notice the ghosts stealing your secrets right from under your nose.

I can clearly remember the first time I saw a photo of the F117 Nighthawk (at the time it was just known as "The Stealth Fighter"). It was November 1988 and I was in London, on the tube (Piccadilly line IIRC) on my way to work. It was on the front page of another commuter's news paper, a grainy B&W photo. I remember remarking to a colleague that it would come as a shock to all the UFO nuts that their triangular space ships were just secret jet fighters.

Aliensamongus is a great distraction strategy so that UFO researchers will keep looking for LGM and not the black projects being undertaken at the skunkworks. If you can keep the sheep running around looking for wolves, they won't notice they've been fleeced!
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2017, 03:10 AM   #43
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

I don't think it's aliens. I think it's ghosts, and the governments across the world are covering it all up because they use ghosts as secret agents to spy on us.

I mean, what other possible explanation can there be? It's obvious.
Time travellers.
Old 10th July 2017, 09:39 AM   #44
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Let's just say that I am in a position to know otherwise.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2017, 09:44 AM   #45
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
I can clearly remember the first time I saw a photo of the F117 Nighthawk (at the time it was just known as "The Stealth Fighter"). It was November 1988 and I was in London, on the tube (Piccadilly line IIRC) on my way to work. It was on the front page of another commuter's news paper, a grainy B&W photo. I remember remarking to a colleague that it would come as a shock to all the UFO nuts that their triangular space ships were just secret jet fighters.

Aliensamongus is a great distraction strategy so that UFO researchers will keep looking for LGM and not the black projects being undertaken at the skunkworks. If you can keep the sheep running around looking for wolves, they won't notice they've been fleeced!

Triangular UFOs were reported during the 1800's, decades before the F-117 first flew.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2017, 09:56 AM   #46
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
OMG!!!!
Seriously, I didn't think there were any remotely intelligent people who still believe that Roswell was anything other than a crashed Project Mogul balloon.

Why would you think that a Mogul balloon train was responsible for the Roswell incident when Mogul balloons were regularly recovered by civilians for rewards?

Why would you think that a Mogul balloon train was responsible for the Roswell incident when Mogul balloon teams reported tracking flying saucers over New Mexico?

Why would you think that a Mogul balloon train flight #4 was responsible for the the Roswell incident when Mogul balloon records of A.P. Crary show that no such flight occurred on June 4, 1947 due to clouds as was the case on June 3?

The Air Force knew that no Mogul balloon train responsible for the Roswell incident and amazingly, it was the Air Force that provided me with their own report that contained Mogul balloon data records and dates that proved no Mogul balloon train was responsible for the Roswell incident.

What it all means is that even though the Air Force knew that there was no such thing as Project Mogul balloon flight #4, it goes to show how effective the Air Force's disinformation campaign has been in pushing a Project Mogul balloon train #4 that never was.
Old 10th July 2017, 03:55 PM   #47
skyeagle409
Master Poster

It is just a matter of time before the rest of the story is told, and to further add, the Air Force added "bodies" to its latest Roswell report.

Quote:
Colonel Calls Air Force Roswell Report a Lie

When the Air Force in 1997 released Roswell Report: Case Closed, its debunking of the famed crash incident of 1947, it relied heavily on information provided by Lt. Col. Raymond Madson, project officer in charge of the military's "crash test dummy" program known as "Project High Dive." Madson's program was cited as the definitive explanation for widely reported claims of small alien bodies said to be recovered after the crash. The representation was that witnesses had confused the dummies with creatures from another world. But now, Madson has come forward publicly to say that the Air Force study is "itself a lie. " Moreover, he believes aliens really did crash to Earth in the incident, and that the author of the Air Force report had no interest in uncovering what really happened, but "was on a mission."

In an interview with on-line reporter Anthony Braglia

Madson argued that the dummies used in his project could never be mistaken for aliens. Nevertheless, Madson says that Captain James McAndrew, the report's author, ignored the fact that the six-foot dummies were too large and were not used until years after the Roswell event. It is clear to Madson, now 79, that the report was intended the provide a public cover story and nothing else.

Earlier in his career Madson worked at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Ohio. At the time he had heard rumors of highy secure areas on the base where secret medical research was carried out. When the Roswell event unfolded, he found the notion that alien bodies had been transferred from Roswell to Wright-Patterson to be entirely plausible. Madson's wife, who, at the time, worked at the base's medical laboratory, agrees.

http://www.artgomperz.com/newse/rosw/dum.html

Speaking of Wright-Patterson AFB.

Quote:
General Arthur E. Exon: Former Commanding Officer of Wright-Patterson AFB

General Arthur E. Exon: "Roswell was the recovery of a craft from space"

https://www.google.com/#q=arthur+e.+exon+roswell+General+Arthur+E.+Exon:+ "Roswell+was+the+recovery+of+a+craft+from+spac e"+

US Military are using smart metals similar to those found at the Roswell Crash In 1947

http://www.ufos-aliens.co.uk/morphingmetals.html

Lt. Col. Raymond Madson: AF Roswell Study Contributor Admits- "It Was ET!"

The Lt. Colonel who was a major contributor to the Air Force's official 1997 study that concluded that the Roswell ET crash of 1947 is a "myth"- now states that the Air Force's Roswell report is itself a lie.

The Colonel goes further to state that what he really believes to be true is that aliens actually did crash to Earth decades ago! He adds that he was "used" and that the the author of the Air Force report "was on a mission" with no interest in discovering what really happened at Roswell.

Last edited by skyeagle409; 10th July 2017 at 04:03 PM.
Old 10th July 2017, 04:53 PM   #48
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

It is just a matter of time before the rest of the story is told, and to further add, the Air Force added "bodies" to its latest Roswell report.

That was all back in '47.

Of course there were aliens then.

But they've all left.

And can you blame 'em?
Old 10th July 2017, 05:14 PM   #49
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

Old news. I can't believe that pathologically credulous people are still kicking this Roswell stuff around.
Old 10th July 2017, 06:10 PM   #50
EHocking
Philosopher

blimps
/unsubscribe
"It's all god's handiwork, there's little quality control applied", Fox26 reporter on Texas granite
Forum Birdwatching Webpage
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2017, 06:16 PM   #51
Arisia
Muse

Originally Posted by John Jones View Post
Time travellers.
Dimension-jumping Cybermen... Doctor Who is more real than we thought!
Arisia is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th July 2017, 06:33 PM   #52
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
blimps
/unsubscribe

At 9000 mph? However, I once debunked a UFO sighting in California because I was aware of a blimp overflying our area one night.
Old 10th July 2017, 06:56 PM   #53
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post

But they've all left.

And can you blame 'em?

They are still here. After the Robertson Report and Brookings Institute's warning to NASA in 1960, the government began to take another course. However, more and more government officials now want to reveal the rest of the story and willing to do so in Washington D.C., but I am delighted that the government has been slowly releasing its UFO files from the National Archives. In fact, the CIA has released millions of pages from its UFO case files, but speaking of the CIA, let's take a look here.

Quote:
CIA Director, Roscoe Hillenkoetter

“Behind the scenes, high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe that unknown flying objects are nonsense.”

Former CIA Director, Roscoe Hillenkoetter, public statement, 1960.

Colonel Joseph J. Bryan III

These UFOs are interplanetary devices systematically observing the Earth, either manned or under remote control, or both.”

“Information on UFOs, including sighting reports, has been and is still being officially withheld.”

Colonel Joseph J. Bryan III, founder member of the CIAs psychological warfare staff, advisor to NATO.

Last edited by skyeagle409; 10th July 2017 at 06:57 PM.
Old 10th July 2017, 07:29 PM   #54
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post

But they've all left.

And can you blame 'em?

They are still here. The following incidents are just a few of many such examples, many of which are unknown to the public because a number of UFO events are classified.

Quote:
Did UFO cause power failure at nuclear missile base? Missile technicians claim sightings coincided with October (2010) outage

* 50 nuclear weapons lost touch with control centre
* Blackout lasted almost an hour says Air Force
* President Obama told of power supply interruption

When Warren Air Force Base in Wyoming lost control of 50 nuclear, inter-continental missiles last October, officials said a communication failure between the control centre and the weapons was to blame.

However, three missile technicians stationed at the base have raised fresh questions in the case, amid reports UFO sightings coincided with the incident.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz4mUAYMZBx

http://rendlesham-incident.co.uk/wp-.../Halt-Memo.jpg
A NARRATIVE OF UFO EVENTS AT MINOT AIR FORCE BASE

Upon reaching the object the B-52 flew alongside and executed a left turn over and around it. As the B-52 banked over the object, copilot Capt. Bradford Runyon was able to observe the UFO through the pilot’s window as it passed beneath the aircraft. He described a huge egg-shaped object with a surface that appeared to give off a dull reddish color like molten steel. As they began the turn, he noticed a smooth metallic tubular section extending horizontally from the long-end of the elliptical object, connecting to the mid-point of a curved crescent-shaped protuberance, not unlike a bumper. This section encompassed the width of the body and emanated a greenish-yellow glow from its interior back, illuminating the tubular section and the front of the egg-shaped main body of the object. Once again, their radios would not transmit during the very close approach.

Minot AFB

http://minotb52ufo.com/

Minot AFB, B-52 Radar Scope

Radar scope imagery of the UFO taken after the UFO slowed from 3000 mph to match the airspeed of the aircraft.

http://minotb52ufo.com/

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-hIRNevYDOn...RadarScope.png

Ex-Air Force Personnel: UFOs Deactivated Nukes

UFO researcher Robert Hastings of Albuquerque, N.M., who organized the National Press Club briefing, said more than 120 former service members had told him they'd seen unidentified flying objects near nuclear weapon storage and testing grounds.

Star & Stripes quoted former Air Force Capt. Robert Salas, who was at Malmstrom Air Force Base in Montana in 1967 when 10 ICMs he was overseeing suddenly became inoperative - at the same time base security informed him of a mysterious red glowing object in the sky.

Robert Jamison, a retired USAF nuclear missile targeting officer, told of several occasions having to go out and "re-start" missiles that had been deactivated, after UFOs were sighted nearby.

Similar sightings at nuclear sites in the former Soviet Union and in Britain were related.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-air-f...tivated-nukes/

Former Boeing Engineer, Robert Kaminski Confirms UFO Activity at Echo Flight Missile Launch Control Facility in 1967

“Since this was a field site peculiar incident, a determination was made to send out an investigation team to survey the LCF [Echo Launch Control Facility] and the LFs [Launch Facilities, or silos] to determine what failures or related incidents could be found to explain the cause. The team was made up of qualified engineers and technicians headed by scientific person who was a glaciologist. There were about 5 persons in all that were sent out. After a week in the field the team returned and pooled their data. At the outset the team quickly noticed a lack of anything that would come close to explain why the event occurred. There were no significant failures, engineering data or findings that would explain how ten missiles were knocked off alert. This indeed turned out to be a rare event and not encountered before. The use of backup power systems and other technical system circuit operational redundancy strongly suggests that this kind of event is virtually impossible once the system was up and running and on line with other LCF's and LF's interconnectivity.

[After months of investigation,] the team met with me to report their findings and it was decided that the final report would have nothing significant in it to explain what happened at E-Flight. In other words there was no technical explanation that could explain the event. The team went off to do the report. Meanwhile I was contacted by our representative at OOAMA (Don Peterson) and told by him that the incident was reported as being a UFO event—That a UFO was seen by some Airmen over the LCF at the time E-Flight went down.

Notice where it said: OOAMA. OOAMA is located at Hill AFB, where I was assigned. The conclusion was that the missiles were shutdown from EMP outside the shielded cables. In other words, no malfunction was found within the system itself and what are UFOs known to produce? EMP. Where did the EMP originate from? Outside the shielded cables.

My base (Hill AFB) has been involved in investigations where UFOs affected Minuteman missiles in the field because we were the depot for those missiles.

Last edited by zooterkin; 14th July 2017 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Rule 5. Do not hotlink to sites which do not explicitly permit it.
Old 10th July 2017, 08:42 PM   #55
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Arisia View Post
Dimension-jumping Cybermen... Doctor Who is more real than we thought!

Here's an incident that was confirmed to me personally by Ron Regehr, who was instrumental in the development of the DSP satellite.

Quote:
FAST WALKER INCIDENT

MAY 5, 1984, an alert was triggered at the North America Air Defense Command. Moving at 22,000 miles per hour, it was heading toward Earth and had been determined to NOT be incoming ballistic missiles, or any other type of conventionally explainable object. Once tracked, it was code-named "Fast Walker".

This object was first spotted by the ultra-sensitive orbiting USDSP satellites our county uses for detailed surveillance and air defense. These satellites have the infra-red capability to spot small heat sources on the surface of the earth and are time-proven as effective monitoring devices.

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/46Karl1...rajectory.jpeg
Trajectory of "Fast Walker

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/46Karl1...ECRETFILE.jpeg
A declassified summary of the incident reveals the time and place.

What the data resolved was that it was a hot, fast, solid object that swept in from outer space. This information would probably have been totally kept from public view, but it was leaked to UFO Researcher Joe Stefula.

Joe's statement was "Where it appeared in the (satellite's) sensor field would indicate that the object came into the sensor field from outer-space, went in front of the sensor, and left, departing back into deep space. It would indicate that it was some type of craft that had the ability to maneuver. And there you have hard evidence. You have telemetry from that satellite, you have information, you have systems, you have data that you can go back and investigate and check and verify. In the past, usually UFO events are of just eye-witness testimony... There you have a very sensitive defense system that sent you information to the ground. I don't even know if you can solve it... maybe it's one of those enigmas that's just gonna be with us forever. What type of craft would have that ability? Some people might say, 'A UFO'."

If "Fast Walker" had been a meteorite, it would have burned up in the Earth's atmosphere. The fact that it changed trajectory so dramatically when it was headed directly toward the Earth at such a high speed, indicates emphatically that it was not a natural phenomenon. No natural object could've overcome the gravitational force of the Earth, especially when its speed and trajectory would compound the effect of the Earth's gravitational pull. To have reversed course so drastically with these natural forces in place is truly astounding. Only intelligently controlled objects would be capable of such a maneuver.

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/46Karl1...alker_001.html

NORAD and UFOs

On June 5, 1995 at a Bay Area lecture, Dr. Steven Greer revealed further findings. He has received leaked information that the Air Force, through its North American Air Defense Command (NORAD) facility deep inside Cheyenne Mountain, Colorado, has tracked an average of 500 "fastwalkers" (UFOs) each year entering the Earth's atmosphere from deep space.

This corroborates a similar report from AeroJet engineers Lee Graham and Ron Regehr, who have shown UFO researcher Don Ecker documents showing that AeroJet's DSP satellite system alone has routinely detected UFOs flying into Earth's atmosphere from deep space 2-3 times per month.

Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter Howard Blum reported that NORAD tracks many UFOs on its deep space radars.

It was Ron Regehr who confirmed to me personally, the UFO/DSP satellite encounter.

Last edited by zooterkin; 14th July 2017 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Rule 5. Do not hotlink to sites which do not explicitly permit it.
Old 11th July 2017, 03:44 AM   #56
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Let's just say that I am in a position to know otherwise.
You mean you've been recruited to spread disinformation, you shill!
Old 11th July 2017, 03:46 AM   #57
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Time travellers.
Time travel isn't possible. Everyone knows that.
Old 11th July 2017, 04:36 AM   #58
Rincewind
Philosopher

Time travel isn't possible. Everyone knows that.
Ah - not true - I recall years ago we used to have a one hour progress meeting with the boss.

When we came out of this one hour meeting, often as much as two hours had passed in the outside world!

OK - so not actual travel....
Old 11th July 2017, 05:57 AM   #59
Bikewer
Penultimate Amazing

I remember reading Carl Sagan's rather cogent analysis of the situation with all this. (And we must remember that Sagan was one of those who "wanted to believe")

Anyway, Sagan pointed out that if the military and intelligence services of the major powers had proof positive of even one alien visitor, what would their reaction have been?
If the militaries of the world like to do one thing, it's spend money. Here, they are faced with a true existential threat not only to the nation, but the whole world.

Wouldn't they have been clamoring for funds to address this "threat from the skies"? Space-based warning systems, orbiting weapons platforms, high-altitude interceptor missiles, space-capable "fighters"?

But they did none of that. All through the Cold War years, all anyone was concerned about was the Cold War. What were the other guys doing, and what were we going to do about it.

Space was left to NASA, except for the forest of surveillance satellites that were all looking "down" rather than "out".
No one appeared (or appears) to be even slightly concerned about the prospect of potentially-harmful aliens.

Unless, of course, you buy into the "shadowy world-wide conspiracy" ideas (X-Files "legacy" episodes?) Where pretty much the entire world's leadership is "in" on the big secret and likely in collusion with the aliens as well. (We only managed to keep the atom bomb secret for a few years....)
Bikewer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2017, 02:34 PM   #60
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Bikewer View Post
I remember reading Carl Sagan's rather cogent analysis of the situation with all this. (And we must remember that Sagan was one of those who "wanted to believe")

Anyway, Sagan pointed out that if the military and intelligence services of the major powers had proof positive of even one alien visitor, what would their reaction have been?
If the militaries of the world like to do one thing, it's spend money. Here, they are faced with a true existential threat not only to the nation, but the whole world.

I find it interesting that Carl Sagan was aware that the United States was detecting UFOs in space and that he wanted access to that data.

Quote:
SYMPOSIUM ON UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS

HEARINGS BEFORE THE COMMITTEE ON SCIENCE AND ASTRONAUTICS

U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

NINETIETH CONGRESS SECOND SESSION

JULY 29, 1968

Dr. Sagan:

"Apparently what is now happening is that the Air Force surveillance radar is throwing away the data that is of relevance for this inquiry. In other words, if it sees something that is not on a ballistic trajectory, or not in orbit, it ignores it, it throws it in the garbage."

"Well, that garbage is just the area of our interest. So if some method could be devised by the Air Force to save the output that they are throwing away from these space surveillance radars, it might be the least expensive way to significantly improve our information about these phenomena."

The "garbage" that Carl Sagan is referring to involves the tracking of UFOs in space, which I have been aware of for years. The UFO's are known as "Fast Walkers."

Quote:
Wouldn't they have been clamoring for funds to address this "threat from the skies"? Space-based warning systems, orbiting weapons platforms, high-altitude interceptor missiles, space-capable "fighters"?

We can take a look here.

Quote:
How to Down a Satellite: Go Back 22 Years

More than 22 years ago, on Sept. 13, 1985, U.S. Air Force Maj. (now retired Maj. Gen.) Wilbert "Doug" Pearson became the first pilot ever to shoot down a satellite, when an ASM-135 ASAT anti-satellite missile launched from his F-15A Eagle at an altitude of 38,100 feet in the Pacific Missile Test Range some 200 miles west of Vandenburg Air Force Base, Calif.

https://www.livescience.com/4832-sat...-22-years.html

Quote:
Space was left to NASA, except for the forest of surveillance satellites that were all looking "down" rather than "out".
No one appeared (or appears) to be even slightly concerned about the prospect of potentially-harmful aliens.

Let's take a look here.

Quote:
Ground-Based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance

The Ground-Based Electro-Optical Deep Space Surveillance System, or GEODSS, plays a vital role in tracking deep space objects. More than 2,500 objects, including geostationary communication satellites, are in deep space orbits varying in altitude from 10,000 to 45,000 kilometers from Earth.

Approximately 20,000 known man-made objects in orbit around the Earth. These objects range from active payloads, such as weather satellites or Global Positioning System satellites to "space junk" such as rocket bodies or debris from past satellite breakups.

U. S. Strategic Command's Joint Space Operations Center Space Situational Awareness Operations Cell, located at Vandenberg Air Force Base, Calif., is responsible for tracking all man-made objects in orbit. The center receives on-orbit positional data, known as element sets, from the Space Surveillance Network which comprises optical and radar sensors throughout the world. This enables the center to maintain accurate data on every man-made object currently in orbit.

There are three operational GEODSS sites that report directly to Air Force Space Command's 21st Operations Group, 21st Space Wing at Peterson AFB, Colo. They are: Detachment 1, Socorro, N.M.; Detachment 2, Diego Garcia, British Indian Ocean Territory; and Detachment 3, Maui, Hawaii.

http://www.af.mil/About-Us/Fact-Shee...-surveillance/

USSTRATCOM Space Control and Space Surveillance

USSTRATCOM's space control mission includes: surveillance of space, protection of US and friendly space systems, prevention of an adversary's ability to use space systems and services for purposes hostile to US national security interests, and direct support to battle management, command, control, communications, and intelligence. The space control mission is conducted by USSTRATCOM's Joint Functional Component Command for Space (JFCC Space).

JFCC Space, through its Joint Space Operations Center (JSpOC), detects, tracks, and identifies all artificial objects in Earth orbit. The JSpOC is a synergistic command and control weapon system focused on planning and executing USSTRATCOM's JFCC Space mission. Its purpose is to provide a focal point for the operational employment of worldwide joint space forces, and enable the Commander, JFCC Space (CDR JFCC SPACE) to integrate space power into global military operations.

The JSpOC is composed of six core divisions: Strategy Division (SRD), Space Surveillance Division (SSD), Combat Operations Division (COD), United Space Vault (USV), Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Division (ISRD), and Operations Support Division (OSD).

* SRD develops comprehensive space strategy that directly supports CDR JFCC Spaceand Combatant Commanders by integrating space effects, timing and tempointo the commander's campaign objectives.

* SSD providesenhanced situational awareness to decision makers on behalf of CDR JFCCSPACE to enable protect and defend operations.

* COD conductscommand and control over the execution phase of operations and providesinformation on tasking responses to CDR JFCC Space, the other JSpOCdivisions, upper command echelons, and theater space personnel for theirspace situational awareness.

* USV conductsvarious classified and unclassified Defensive Space Control, OffensiveSpace Control, and Space Situational Awareness (SSA) missions.

* ISRD is integrated into all phases of the operational cycle, providingpertinent space intelligence information to the other divisions in supportof the strategy, planning and operations monitoring efforts.

* OSD provides training, standardization, evaluation and system integrationsupport.

http://www.stratcom.mil/Media/Factsh...-surveillance/

DSP SATELLITE FAST WALKER INCIDENT

MAY 5, 1984, an alert was triggered at the North America Air Defense Command. Moving at 22,000 miles per hour, it was heading toward Earth and had been determined to NOT be incoming ballistic missles, or any other type of conventionally explainable object. Once tracked, it was code-named "Fast Walker".

This object was first spotted by the ultra-sensitive orbiting USDSP satellites our county uses for detailed surveillance and air defense. These satellites have the infra-red capability to spot small heat sources on the surface of the earth and are time-proven as effective monitoring devices.

At 1400 hours zulu time, an object was spotted by a USDSP satellite and tracked as it sped first directly toward the Earth and passed if front and within 15 miles of the USDSP satellite. It suddenly and without impact or contact with other devices or obstructions curved outward, away from the Earth. It was tracked for another 9 minutes until it then disappeared.

What the data resolved was that it was a hot, fast, solid object that swept in from outer space. This information would probably have been totally kept from public view, but it was leaked.

The statement was "Where it appeared in the (satellite's) sensor field would indicate that the object came into the sensor field from outer-space, went in front of the sensor, and left, departing back into deep space. It would indicate that it was some type of craft that had the ability to maneuver. And there you have hard evidence. You have telemetry from that satellite, you have information, you have systems, you have data that you can go back and investigate and check and verify.

http://www.digitalafterimage.com/dsp7plot.jpg

Last edited by zooterkin; 14th July 2017 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Rule 5. Do not hotlink to sites which do not explicitly permit it.
Old 11th July 2017, 02:40 PM   #61
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Not in this case because reality is the name of the game.
Old 11th July 2017, 03:01 PM   #62
carlitos
"más divertido"

Notice where it said: OOAMA.
You misspelled "OBAMA."
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2017, 03:27 PM   #63
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
You misspelled "OBAMA."

Perhaps, we can let them know here.

OOAMA

http://www.robins.af.mil/News/Articl...ear-launch-fa/
Old 11th July 2017, 04:54 PM   #64
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Not in this case because reality is the name of the game.
Why do you close your eyes to the reality that these phenomena are caused by - can only be caused by - incorporeal ghosts?
Old 11th July 2017, 05:30 PM   #65
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

This is getting ridiculous. We know that time exists. If these are not time travelers, what else could they be?

This is an appeal to incredulity, by god. I've got morgue photos from Roswell autographed by Glenn Dennis.

I've also got a dinner menu from The Last Supper signed by Jesus H. Christ himself.

Let's see some of the debunkers disprove that.

Last edited by John Jones; 11th July 2017 at 05:35 PM.
John Jones is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2017, 06:18 PM   #66
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Why do you close your eyes to the reality that these phenomena are caused by - can only be caused by - incorporeal ghosts?

Because, I saw one myself in 1968 as the object passed over my base in Vietnam, and upon my one-year deployment, I was assigned to a base that was active in cases where UFOs shutdown our Minuteman missiles.
Old 11th July 2017, 06:20 PM   #67
skyeagle409
Master Poster

This is getting ridiculous. We know that time exists. If these are not time travelers, what else could they be?

Extraterrestrials
Old 11th July 2017, 07:20 PM   #68
carlitos
"más divertido"

Proof by big font. We have seen this before, from certain ufology people.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th July 2017, 10:18 PM   #69
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
Proof by big font. We have seen this before, from certain ufology people.

What many people are unaware of is that the Air Force has already acknowleged that the UFOs in question are; in the Air Force's own words, "interplanetary spaceships" which was reconfirmed in its 1952 intelligence report and Major Donald Keyhole was going to reveal to the public in 1958 on Live TV what the government knew before the CBS censors cut him off. In the words of CBS, it was done "in the interest of national security."

In addition to my own sighting and experience elsewhere, it is no longer a matter of if ET is here.

I have been made aware the objects continue to enter earth's atmosphere from deep space which is something you won't read in the newspapers everyday. In other words, our deep space surveillance assets could have detected 3 objects entering earth's atmosphere at 0432Z on June 14, 2017 and the public would have been totally unaware of what occurred because that information would have been classified.

Let's listen in on the ATC and aircraft communications regarding an actual encounter with a gigantic UFO, which was also witnessed by multiple aircraft including a pilot of a F-117 stealth fighter and understand that such encounters are more common than you think.

American West Flight 564 UFO Sighting (1995) (Audio Tapes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXsrH2qT2O4

1995 Bariloche UFO Encounter

Reported in newspapers around the world including the LA Times and San Francisco Chronicle. Saucer blacked out portions of the city.

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/imag...3e6d4314f6.jpg

A flying saucer perturbed the air traffic at Bariloche airport.

SAN CARLOS DE BARILOCHE 02/08 (AFP) = On Monday morning, around ten eye-witnesses reported that, moving at high velocity and defying all known laws of physics, a white flying saucer perturbed the air traffic at the San Carlos de Bariloche airport, located 1 800 km S-W of Buenos-Aires, during 15 minutes on Monday to Tuesday night.

The observation stated on Monday at 23:30 GMT (Tuesday 01H30 HB) while Aérolinas Argentinas flight 674, en route from Buenos Aires with 102 passengers and 3 crew members was on final approach to land on the runway of Bariloche airport, an in vogue winter resort located on the first slopes of the Andes.

"The pilot of the plane had to accomplish a desperate escape maneuver not to collide with an unidentified flying object (UFO)" said several members of the Argentine military air forces. These testimonies were confirmed by Major Jorge Oviedo himself who "also saw a UFO" and who stated that "a power failure occurred at the same time in the city and all recording and measure apparatus at the airport were jammed". Several inhabitants claimed they saw the UFO just before the power failure.

"We were 15 minutes away from landing at Bariloche. The local air traffic controller gave us clearance for initiating the instrument landing procedure. We came down from level 120 (i.e. 12,000 feet) to level 30 (i.e. 3,000 feet; around 1,000 meters) said pilot Jorge Polanco.

"As I was initiating final descent, I saw suddenly a white light in front of the plane, moving at high speed directly towards us before stopping instantly around 100 meters away. When I re-initiated the approach procedure, the object turned in a strange way to accompany our descent turn and kept a trajectory parallel to that of the plane, still 100 meters away " said the pilot.

" My plane was working properly, but after a while, the color of the saucer (the size of which was comparable to that of a liner), shifted. Two green lights at the extremities and a slowly flashing orange one at the center appeared ", he added.

" As I was almost landing, the runway lights and those of the airport shut off at once. I therefore had to apply full throttle to climb again to 3 000 feet, tempting to perform an escape maneuver, but always accompanied by the UFO, which eventually climbed at a supernatural speed. I did not believe my eyes and I was very anxious, as were my fellow crew members " added Polanco who stated that " the UFO was not moving in accordance with known laws of nature and physics ".

"When the lights came back, I initiated again the final decent. The UFO then disappeared at very high speed towards CERRO OTTO (a local mountain) ", concluded the pilot, who admitted he stayed " five minutes in the pilot cabin feeling sick once on the ground ".

An investigation has been open to try to determine the origin of the mysterious flying object./.MTH

http://www.ufocom.eu/UfocomS/usbariloche.htm

Last edited by zooterkin; 14th July 2017 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Rule 5. Do not hotlink to sites which do not explicitly permit it.
Old 11th July 2017, 10:21 PM   #70
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Damn!.

I should have realized that.

You're right, of course. He's got to be one of them.
Old 12th July 2017, 02:10 AM   #71
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Because, I saw one myself in 1968 as the object passed over my base in Vietnam, and upon my one-year deployment, I was assigned to a base that was active in cases where UFOs shutdown our Minuteman missiles.
Has the design of the Minuteman been altered to reflect this vulnerability?
Old 12th July 2017, 02:23 AM   #72
Cosmic Yak
Graduate Poster

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
What many people are unaware of is that the Air Force has already acknowleged that the UFOs in question are; in the Air Force's own words, "interplanetary spaceships" which was reconfirmed in its 1952 intelligence report and Major Donald Keyhole was going to reveal to the public in 1958 on Live TV what the government knew before the CBS censors cut him off. In the words of CBS, it was done "in the interest of national security."

In addition to my own sighting and experience elsewhere, it is no longer a matter of if ET is here.

I have been made aware the objects continue to enter earth's atmosphere from deep space which is something you won't read in the newspapers everyday. In other words, our deep space surveillance assets could have detected 3 objects entering earth's atmosphere at 0432Z on June 14, 2017 and the public would have been totally unaware of what occurred because that information would have been classified.

Let's listen in on the ATC and aircraft communications regarding an actual encounter with a gigantic UFO, which was also witnessed by multiple aircraft including a pilot of a F-117 stealth fighter and understand that such encounters are more common than you think.

American West Flight 564 UFO Sighting (1995) (Audio Tapes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXsrH2qT2O4

This is an oft-repeated claim by UFO believers.
If the military-industrial complex has known about the existence of alien visitors to earth since (as you claim) the 18th century, can you point to any changes of technology that have occurred as a result? How about any changes in strategic alliances? Did the very real and proven extraterrestrial threat bring rival countries together? Beyond pointless buzzing about, have the aliens actually done anything meaningful, like landing and getting out of their ships, ideally in a major population centre so we can have a bit of a meet and greet?
You see, I cannot see any actual effect all these visitations and encounters have had on any part of human society, except for CT websites and the film industry. Can you point to any actual effects you could ascribe to the presence of aliens on earth?
Old 12th July 2017, 01:12 PM   #73
lpetrich
Muse

skyeagle quoted this in post #33:
Quote:
SPACE-LIFE REPORT COULD BE SHOCK

Vol. I, No. II (Dec 1960 - Jan 1961 issue)

The discovery of intelligent space beings could have a severe effect on the public, according to a research report released by the National Aeronautics and Space Administration. The report warned that America should prepare to meet the psychological impact of such a revelation.

The 190-page report was the result of a $96,000 one-year study conducted by the Brookings Institution for NASA's long-range study committee.

Public realization that intelligent beings live on other planets could bring about profound changes, or even the collapse of our civilization, the research report stated.
That is often cited as a reason for the alleged coverup of the alleged extraterrestrial-spacecraft nature of UFO's. But I don't buy that. If the UFOnauts don't contact us, then their vehicles would seem like just another part of our environment.
lpetrich is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2017, 03:32 PM   #74
lpetrich
Muse

Brookings Directory at nicap.org links to a PDF version of the 1960 Brookings Report. Much of it is on stuff like communications and weather satellites, so I'll list the parts on ET contact.

Those parts are in the "Attitudes and Values" sections. Summary: PDF pages 46 - 50, Full: PDF pages 202 - 219.

From the summary, at PDF page 48:
Quote:
Though intelligent or semi-intelligent life conceivably exists elsewhere in our solar system, if intelligent extraterrestrial life is discovered in the next twenty years, it will very probably be by radio telescope from other solar systems. Evidences of its existence might also be found in artifacts left on the moon or other planets. The consequences for attitudes and values are unpredictable, but would vary profoundly in different cultures and between groups within complex societies; a crucial factor would be the nature of the communication between us and the other beings. Whether or not earth would be inspired to an all-out space effort by such a discovery is moot: societies sure of their own place in the universe have disintegrated when confronted by a superior society, and others have survived even though changed. Clearly, the better we can come to understand the factors involved in responding to such crises the better prepared we may be.
The full version is at PDF pages 215-217. It expands on the summary, and I will quote a little bit of it.
Quote:
Anthropological files contain many examples of societies, sure of their place in the universe, which have disintegrated when they have had to associate with previously unfamiliar societies espousing different ideas and different life ways; others that survived such an experience usually did so by paying the price of changes in values and attitudes and behavior.
No further explanation of that, and no examples.
lpetrich is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2017, 04:01 PM   #75
John Jones
Penultimate Amazing

I used to be a UFOlogyologist before UFOlogy died. I've known about this Brookings Institute report for decades. IIRC, NASA rejected their conclusions - which is allowed even if you paid for a report.

I'll stand corrected if need be.
Old 12th July 2017, 04:46 PM   #76
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

I used to be a UFOlogyologist before UFOlogy died. I've known about this Brookings Institute report for decades. IIRC, NASA rejected their conclusions - which is allowed even if you paid for a report.

I'm gonna sit.

The endless walls of text and pictures have made me tired.

Very tired.
Old 12th July 2017, 04:50 PM   #77
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena

Lol. You don't know it was an alien spacecraft. You saw a thing. You decided that it was an alien spacecraft because no other explanation made sense to you at the time.

It was a ghost. Doesn't it make at least as much sense as it being an alien spacecraft? If it moved in the way corporeal matter cannot, it makes more sense that it was an incorporeal ghost - since ghosts are not made of matter they are not subject to the universal laws of inertia.

No - that it was a ghost is the only explanation that makes sense.
Old 12th July 2017, 10:09 PM   #78
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Lol. You don't know it was an alien spacecraft. You saw a thing.

When I saw the saucer, I knew it wasn't ours because we didn't have a saucer capable of high speed flight.
Old 12th July 2017, 10:25 PM   #79
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
This is an oft-repeated claim by UFO believers.
If the military-industrial complex has known about the existence of alien visitors to earth since (as you claim) the 18th century, can you point to any changes of technology that have occurred as a result? How about any changes in strategic alliances? Did the very real and proven extraterrestrial threat bring rival countries together?
Let's just say that in some cases, the saucers have brought the world to the edge of a nuclear war as was the case where the Soviets lost total control of their strategic missiles as they went into launch mode as they reported a saucer hovering over their base.

In other cases, the saucers disabled our Minuteman missiles, which is where my base came in, that is, in regard to the investigations where the missiles were disabled as saucers hovered over the missile fields.

Quote:
Beyond pointless buzzing about, have the aliens actually done anything meaningful, like landing and getting out of their ships, ideally in a major population centre so we can have a bit of a meet and greet?

Actually, there have been cases where UFOs have landed.

Quote:
DEPARTMENT OF THE AIR FORCE
HEADQUARTERS 341ST COMBAT SUPPORT GROUP (SAC)
MALMSTROM AIR FORCE BASE, MT 590402

REPLY TO
ATTN OF: BO 3 July 1967

SUBJECT: UFO Observations, Malmstrom AFB Area

to: Colonel James C. Manatt (lettered TDET/UFO)
HQ Foreign Technology Division (AFSC)
Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio 45433

1. Reference TDET/UFO letter dated 30 June 1967 on above subject.

2. This office has no knowledge of equipment malfunctions and abnormalities in equipment during the period of reported UFO sightings. No validity can be established to the statement that a classified government experiment was in progress or that military and civilian personnel were requested not to discuss what they had seen.

3. A written report on the events that transpired during the alleged UFO reported landing on 24 March 1967, fully documents all findings by the investigating officer. A copy of this report was forwarded to your office on 3 April 1967.

4. If we can be of further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to write.

FOR THE COMMANDER

LEWIS D. CHASE, Lt Colonel, USAF
Chief, Operations Division

Speaking of Lt. Col. Lewis D. Chase, he was the pilot whose bomber was involved in another incident where his RB-47 was chased by a UFO over multiple states. The aircraft's onboard ELINT systems and ground-based radar tracked the UFO as it chased his aircraft.

UFO Chase RB-47 Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaBBA3gkZTc
Old 12th July 2017, 10:34 PM   #80
skyeagle409
Master Poster

Let's take a look here as to the basis of that report.

Quote:
The Brookings Institution's 1960 Report To NASA About Discovering Extraterrestrial Life

Anthropological files contain many examples of societies, sure of their place in the Universe, which have disintegrated when they have had to associate with previously unfamiliar societies espousing different ideas and different life ways; others that survived such an experience usually did so by paying the price of changes in values and attitudes and behaviour.

https://www.outerplaces.com/science/...rrestrial-life

Here is a small example the government remembers.

Quote:
"War of the Worlds": Behind the 1938 Radio Show Panic

What radio listeners heard that night was an adaptation, by Orson Welles's Mercury Theater group, of a science fiction novel written 40 years earlier: The War of the Worlds, by H.G. Wells.

However, the radio play, narrated by Orson Welles, had been written and performed to sound like a real news broadcast about an invasion from Mars.

Thousands of people, believing they were under attack by Martians, flooded newspaper offices and radio and police stations with calls, asking how to flee their city or how they should protect themselves from "gas raids." Scores of adults reportedly required medical treatment for shock and hysteria.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...warworlds.html

Last edited by skyeagle409; 12th July 2017 at 10:36 PM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal