ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags dowsing

Old 28th June 2017, 07:57 AM   #1
Czarcasm
Groovy Groovy Guru

"Negative energy" and dowsing

I'm looking for examples of dowsing claimants blaming "negative energy" from doubters/skeptics nearby for their failures, and also claims from dowsers that that they were not responsible, either consciously or unconsciously, for the movement of their dowsing devices. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old 28th June 2017, 08:52 AM   #2
Finster
Muse

The Randi in Australia test has a lot of good stuff in it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqoYrSd94kA
Old 28th June 2017, 08:58 AM   #3
Czarcasm
Groovy Groovy Guru

Originally Posted by Finster View Post
The Randi in Australia test has a lot of good stuff in it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqoYrSd94kA
Won't be able to have a looksee until I get home from work. What are some of the highlights when it comes to "negative energy" claims and/or claims that the dowser isn't the one moving the dowsing device, if you please?
Old 28th June 2017, 09:11 AM   #4
Finster
Muse

Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
Won't be able to have a looksee until I get home from work. What are some of the highlights when it comes to "negative energy" claims and/or claims that the dowser isn't the one moving the dowsing device, if you please?
It’s a long video and I have not watched it in awhile so I don’t remember a lot of specifics but there are interviews with the dowsers involved in the test both before and after with a lot of talk about how it works etc. This one is particularly interesting because they let the dowsers do a “Dry Run” first when they know which pipe has the water and they all succeed 100%. Then they do the double blind test and they all fail miserably.
Old 28th June 2017, 11:53 PM   #5
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

Originally Posted by Czarcasm View Post
I'm looking for examples of dowsing claimants blaming "negative energy" from doubters/skeptics nearby for their failures, and also claims from dowsers that that they were not responsible, either consciously or unconsciously, for the movement of their dowsing devices. Any help would be much appreciated.
DowserDon didn't make the negative energy claim, but he believed that his dowsing rods were responding to some kind of piezoelectric effect IIRC. He thought they responded to disturbed ground rather than water.

His thread is here: http://www.internationalskeptics.com...d.php?t=226770

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal