ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags "A Higher Loyalty" , Clinton controversies , James Comey , Trump controversies

Old 6th May 2018, 05:32 PM   #361
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
You saying that pretty much means all glory is fleeting.
Can’t get anything past you but what it really says is I’m still basking in the moment of Election Day. Wait till my second act if on the next Election Day the dreams of the left DONT come true.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2018, 07:17 PM   #362
Lurch
Muse

Originally Posted by logger View Post
Canít get anything past you but what it really says is Iím still basking in the moment of Election Day. Wait till my second act if on the next Election Day the dreams of the left DONT come true.
The thread subject is pettiness. Would not basking in the glow of a 'win', however injurious to the country, just to needle the 'Librulz', not qualify? All while the 'winner' is a demonstrable liar, cheat and grifter, staffing his administration with more liars and grifters, all while enmeshed in more than one scandal of potentially legal consequence? And, furthermore, anticipating with glee the potential for the continuance of same after the next election or two?

Actually, I'd qualify that as blind nihilism, not unlike the hordes of unaware lemmings hurtling themselves over a cliff. Of late I've wondered if some subconscious drive of the Christian Evangelicals is to embrace the chaos of Trump because it might hasten the End Times and the Rapture, which no small number of that suicidally inclined lot eagerly desire. In that respect they differ little from radicalized Islamists.
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2018, 09:16 PM   #363
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
The thread subject is pettiness. Would not basking in the glow of a 'win', however injurious to the country, just to needle the 'Librulz', not qualify? All while the 'winner' is a demonstrable liar, cheat and grifter, staffing his administration with more liars and grifters, all while enmeshed in more than one scandal of potentially legal consequence? And, furthermore, anticipating with glee the potential for the continuance of same after the next election or two?

Actually, I'd qualify that as blind nihilism, not unlike the hordes of unaware lemmings hurtling themselves over a cliff. Of late I've wondered if some subconscious drive of the Christian Evangelicals is to embrace the chaos of Trump because it might hasten the End Times and the Rapture, which no small number of that suicidally inclined lot eagerly desire. In that respect they differ little from radicalized Islamists.
I love watching the left make their political enemies into something evil. It really makes winning that much more special, but it lowers the discourse terribly.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2018, 11:01 PM   #364
Lurch
Muse

I love watching the left make their political enemies into something evil. It really makes winning that much more special, but it lowers the discourse terribly.
And all the while the right made Obama out to be 'evil', as well as HRC, and now the FBI and the justice system and the press. The right would seem to have an awful lot of enemies to tar, eh?
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2018, 02:32 AM   #365
Henri McPhee
Master Poster

The FBI were plain wrong in the Jeffrey MacDonald murder case and in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case. The FBI has come in for criticism in other cases as well. All this 'trust me I'm in he FBI' stuff is a load of rot, though I concede they may have done some good undercover work in the past. The FBI seems to have it in for Trump, but not quite in the same way for the Clintons, or any of these pedophile and Pizzagate scandals in America, or Cambridge Analytica and Christopher Steele interfering in the American elections. It's just blame it all on the Russians.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2018, 07:30 AM   #366
TheL8Elvis
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Henri McPhee View Post
The FBI were plain wrong in the Jeffrey MacDonald murder case and in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case. The FBI has come in for criticism in other cases as well. All this 'trust me I'm in he FBI' stuff is a load of rot, though I concede they may have done some good undercover work in the past. The FBI seems to have it in for Trump, but not quite in the same way for the Clintons, or any of these pedophile and Pizzagate scandals in America, or Cambridge Analytica and Christopher Steele interfering in the American elections. It's just blame it all on the Russians.
Word salad.
Old 7th May 2018, 08:48 AM   #367
fuelair
Suspended

Originally Posted by rustypouch View Post
There are times when I'm sad this forum doesn't have a wanking smiley.
drawn as a medallion under a ribbon with the words, Proud Republicker Slime on it!!!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2018, 08:53 AM   #368
fuelair
Suspended

The problem is that winning or not, republickers could not give a (feces) less for any people not Anglo-Saxon or wealthy.
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2018, 09:29 AM   #369
dann
Philosopher

And that is not what you're doing with this post?!
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2018, 09:49 AM   #370
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Yeah, it's funny how cops tend to want investigate crimes and not waste time investigating not-crimes.

Still, what was there to investigate in the Pizzagate conspiracy theory? They should have kept digging until the Pizza place had a basement for them to investigate? How did Christopher Steele interfere in American elections when that was what he was trying to prevent?
Old 7th May 2018, 10:05 AM   #371
Henri McPhee
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Yeah, it's funny how cops tend to want investigate crimes and not waste time investigating not-crimes.

Still, what was there to investigate in the Pizzagate conspiracy theory? They should have kept digging until the Pizza place had a basement for them to investigate? How did Christopher Steele interfere in American elections when that was what he was trying to prevent?
From what I can gather Christopher Steele was interfering in American elections trying to prevent Trump being elected. Cambridge Analytica were doing the same sort of thing, perhaps helping Trump, unlike the Russians which is supposed to be an established fact. The FBI should have some half-suspicions about that.

Edited by Agatha:  Edited to remove off-topic material better suited to the Conspiracy Theories section

Last edited by Agatha; 9th May 2018 at 01:34 PM.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2018, 10:20 AM   #372
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by dann View Post

And that is not what you're doing with this post?!

It only counts when someone from "the left" ... as defined by logger ... is (allegedly) doing it.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2018, 10:26 AM   #373
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

'k.

A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2018, 10:28 AM   #374
logger
Banned

Not only is Comey an idiot, he’s a liar too. The newly seen unredacted memo says the FBI didn’t detect any lies from Flynn. Comey has not been saying that in his interviews.
Old 7th May 2018, 10:37 AM   #375
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Not only is Comey an idiot, he’s a liar too. The newly seen unredacted memo says the FBI didn’t detect any lies from Flynn. Comey has not been saying that in his interviews.
Edited by Agatha:  Edited to remove personalisation
you are wrong again!

Flynn is an admitted liar.

Some months ago Flynn did plead guilty to lying to the FBI.

A man's best friend is his dogma.

Last edited by Agatha; 10th May 2018 at 06:38 AM.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2018, 11:08 AM   #376
The_Animus
Master Poster

From what I can gather Christopher Steele was interfering in American elections trying to prevent Trump being elected. Cambridge Analytica were doing the same sort of thing, perhaps helping Trump, unlike the Russians which is supposed to be an established fact. The FBI should have some half-suspicions about that.

Edited by Agatha:  Edited to remove moderated material

Edited by Agatha:  Edited to remove reply to moderated material

Feeding trolls only makes them stronger, yet it is so hard to refrain.

Last edited by Agatha; 9th May 2018 at 01:37 PM.
The_Animus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th May 2018, 04:58 PM   #377
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Canít get anything past you but what it really says is Iím still basking in the moment of Election Day. Wait till my second act if on the next Election Day the dreams of the left loyal Americans DONT come true.
FTFY.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th May 2018, 01:41 PM   #378
Agatha
Winking at the Moon

Mod Warning Some posts discussing the debunked "Pizzagate scandal" have been moved to AAH. Discussion of this is not only off-topic for this thread, but is also far more suited to the C&CT section.
Posted By:Agatha
Old 10th May 2018, 08:59 AM   #379
Henri McPhee
Master Poster

I disagree that Pizzagate is entirely discredited. There are people who still have half-suspicions. That's like saying the Russians interfered in American elections without ever presenting any real proof. The FBI, and Comey, investigation of the pedophile aspects of the JonBenet Ramsey murder case was truly pathetic. It can be summed up as saying that pedophilia, or bugging, doesn't happen. Don't make me laugh.
Old 10th May 2018, 09:53 AM   #380
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

I disagree that Pizzagate is entirely discredited. There are people who still have half-suspicions. That's like saying the Russians interfered in American elections without ever presenting any real proof. The FBI, and Comey, investigation of the pedophile aspects of the JonBenet Ramsey murder case was truly pathetic. It can be summed up as saying that pedophilia, or bugging, doesn't happen. Don't make me laugh.
Re: your post

You first.
Old 10th May 2018, 10:06 AM   #381
Toontown
Philosopher

Don't worry. No one is ever going to make you laugh.
Old 10th May 2018, 12:42 PM   #382
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
Don't worry. No one is ever going to make you laugh.
The other way round however ...
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2018, 02:55 AM   #383
fuelair
Suspended

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
The other way round however ...
Old 11th May 2018, 03:26 AM   #384
Henri McPhee
Master Poster

There was interesting information recently about all this Russian collusion stuff, and so-called FBI investigation, which presumably would have involved Comey in which a Russian oligarch bribed, or more politely lobbied, Trump as well as other American companies and drug companies involved in mergers and acquisitions. It is the first bit of hard evidence of Russian involvement in American elections I have seen, but that is also denied as being an American angle:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...s-lawyer-claim

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics