ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Anne Marie Morris , racial slurs , Tories , uk politics

Old 18th July 2017, 02:32 AM   #81
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
The point is not to knock Andy Capp--I loved that strip. But would I want to be that type of person?

A monkey hanger?

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2017, 01:11 AM   #82
Samson
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Brainster View Post
The point is that he's an unintelligent lout, and that is mostly my impression of the kind of people who used the n-word back in the 1970s. It just marked the person as low-class.

The point is not to knock Andy Capp--I loved that strip. But would I want to be that type of person? No thanks.
"The trouble with Flo is she is so flippin' changeable. One day I like her, the next day I can't stand the sight of her."

"The vicar's coming Flo. Spread the marg to the edges"

" I thought he was going to hit me so I hit him back first" as policeman takes notes.

Just a few I recall....
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2017, 02:26 AM   #83
P.J. Denyer
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Samson View Post
"The trouble with Flo is she is so flippin' changeable. One day I like her, the next day I can't stand the sight of her."

"The vicar's coming Flo. Spread the marg to the edges"

" I thought he was going to hit me so I hit him back first" as policeman takes notes.

Just a few I recall....
(Off topic but...) The last of those could be actually be accepted as a reasonable grounds of self defence in the UK.
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2017, 04:04 AM   #84
Samson
Philosopher

On topic, back to the main program.

Django unchained the movie. Are American children shown this spectacular revenge film in its original language?
Samson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Non-USA & General Politics