IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 3rd June 2017, 06:57 AM   #81
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Why, then, do you reject so many of them?
You are very wrong—I do not reject any of the Commands, that come from the Creator.

Mat 4:4 Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

So you SEE how wrong you are!!
Luke 21:31---Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the Kingdom of God is near.
Paul Bethke is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2017, 07:14 AM   #82
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Paul Bethke View Post
You are very wrong—I do not reject any of the Commands, that come from the Creator.

Mat 4:4 Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

Nope. You have outright rejected many of the commands. You have stated so.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2017, 07:26 AM   #83
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

Nope. You have outright rejected many of the commands. You have stated so.
OK be a good fella and tell me which ones I have rejected.
Luke 21:31---Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the Kingdom of God is near.
Paul Bethke is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2017, 07:36 AM   #84
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

OK be a good fella and tell me which ones I have rejected.

We've got a whole thread about it. "Paul Bethke vs the 613 Mitzvot." I've even got a spreadsheet tracking them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...t5bCPbxVzBMqNE

Claiming you don't reject a large swath of the laws isn't just a lie on your part, it's a demonstrable lie for which we have evidence and ongoing discussion.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2017, 07:40 AM   #85
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

The only thing that you have clarified is that no matter where the discussion may go, you invariably steer it back to adultery.

Why do you do that?
Yeah, it's almost like he can't get past his divorce or something.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2017, 09:41 AM   #86
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
We've got a whole thread about it. "Paul Bethke vs the 613 Mitzvot." I've even got a spreadsheet tracking them.

Claiming you don't reject a large swath of the laws isn't just a lie on your part, it's a demonstrable lie for which we have evidence and ongoing discussion.
TYVM.

abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd June 2017, 09:43 AM   #87
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Yeah, it's almost like he can't get past his divorce or something.
Out of respect for the MA, I shall keep my conclusions to myself.

Nevertheless, I suspect we share the same conclusion were we to compare them.

Old 4th June 2017, 04:07 AM   #88
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

This shows how little you understand—there is no law that I do not teach, every law has an application ---but some laws have been replaced with a superior practice, far exceeding the original law, but not nullifying the original.

It can be compared with people who live in tents and the hassle of braking down the tent and moving on to a place where there will be a house a fixed abode---one is better than the other.

Heb_9:26 Then Christ would have had to suffer many times since the creation of the world. But now he has appeared once for all at the end of the ages to do away with sin by the sacrifice of himself.
Heb_10:5 Therefore, when Christ came into the world, he said: "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me;

Heb_10:10 And by that will, we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

Heb_10:12 But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God.

Heb_10:14 because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.

So with the Torah, the sacrifice for sin and the Temple function has been replaced—the Temple is no longer there so the death of Jesus as an atoning sacrifice has replaced the Temple service.

The many external functions have been replaced by an internal function.

Heb 8:10 This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.

Heb 8:11 No longer will a man teach his neighbour, or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the Lord,' because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest.

Heb 8:12 For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more."

Heb 8:13 By calling this covenant "new," he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and aging will soon disappear.

You need to read the letter to the Hebrews to understand the new is superior to the old—but no one will understand the new unless they understand the OLD.
Old 4th June 2017, 04:19 AM   #89
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

This shows how little you understand—there is no law that I do not teach, every law has an application ---but some laws have been replaced with a superior practice, far exceeding the original law, but not nullifying the original.

And yet you keep refusing to actually go over those laws. Not much of a teacher, are you?

The thread dedicated to exploring this topic has been inhibited by your flat out refusal to answer questions so there are still a LOT of unknowns, but here is a quick summary of what we know so far:
538 To be Determined
1 Unknown
0 N/A
13 Follows
32 Does not Follow
0 Does not Apply to Christians
2 Did not Answer
25 Does not apply to private citizens
0 Compliance implied but not explicitly stated
2 Do as I say, Don't do as I do

I'll omit the laws we know you don't follow because they they're directed at the operation of a government and not at private individuals.

laws you've been asked about but refused to answer
Gen. 1:28 — To have children with one's wife
Laws you say should be followed but refuse to answer if YOU follow them.
Ex. 20:15 — Not to covet and scheme to acquire another's possession — Yemenite->Ex. 20:14
Ex. 21:10 — Not to withhold food, clothing, and sexual relations from your wife

Laws we know you reject:
Gen. 32:32 — Not to eat the sinew of the thigh
4Ex. 12:6 — To slaughter the paschal sacrifice at the specified time
5Ex. 12:8 — To eat the Paschal Lamb with matzah and Marror on the night of the fourteenth of Nisan
6Ex. 12:9 — Not to eat the paschal meat raw or boiled
7Ex. 12:10 — Not to leave any meat from the paschal offering over until morning
8Ex. 12:15 — To destroy all chametz on 14th day of Nisan
9Ex. 12:18 — To eat matzah on the first night of Passover
10Ex. 12:19 — Not to find chametz in your domain seven days
11Ex. 12:20 — Not to eat mixtures containing chametz all seven days of Passover
12Ex. 12:43 — An apostate must not eat from it
13Ex. 12:45 — A permanent or temporary hired worker must not eat from it
14Ex. 12:46 — Not to take the paschal meat from the confines of the group
15Ex. 12:46 — Not to break any bones from the paschal offering —> Ps. 34:20
16Ex. 12:48 — An uncircumcised Kohen (priest) must not eat Terumah (heave offering)
17Ex. 12:48 — An uncircumcised male must not eat from it
18Ex. 13:3 — Not to eat chametz all seven days of Passover
19Ex. 13:7 — Not to see chametz in your domain seven days
20Ex. 13:8 — To relate the Exodus from Egypt on that night
21Ex. 13:12 — To set aside the firstborn animals
22Ex. 13:13 — To redeem the firstborn donkey by giving a lamb to a Kohen
23Ex. 13:13 — To break the neck of the donkey if the owner does not intend to redeem it
24Ex. 16:29 — Not to walk outside the city boundary on Shabbat
Ex. 20:7 — Not to take God's Name in vain — Yemenite->Ex. 20:6
Ex. 20:9 — To sanctify the day with Kiddush and Havdalah — Yemenite->Ex. 20:8
Ex. 20:11 — Not to do prohibited labor on the seventh day — Yemenite->Ex. 20:10
Ex. 20:13 — Not to murder — Yemenite->Ex. 20:12
Lev. 12:3 — To circumcise all males on the eighth day after their birth
Num. 15:38 — To have tzitzit on four-cornered garments
Deut. 6:8 — To wear tefillin (phylacteries) on the head
Deut. 6:8 — To bind tefillin on the arm
Deut. 6:9 — To put a mezuzah on each door post
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th June 2017, 11:51 PM   #90
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

And yet you keep refusing to actually go over those laws. Not much of a teacher, are you?

The thread dedicated to exploring this topic has been inhibited by your flat out refusal to answer questions so there are still a LOT of unknowns, but here is a quick summary of what we know so far:
538 To be Determined
1 Unknown
0 N/A
13 Follows
32 Does not Follow
0 Does not Apply to Christians
2 Did not Answer
25 Does not apply to private citizens
0 Compliance implied but not explicitly stated
2 Do as I say, Don't do as I do

I'll omit the laws we know you don't follow because they they're directed at the operation of a government and not at private individuals.

laws you've been asked about but refused to answer
Gen. 1:28 — To have children with one's wife
Laws you say should be followed but refuse to answer if YOU follow them.
Ex. 20:15 — Not to covet and scheme to acquire another's possession — Yemenite->Ex. 20:14
Ex. 21:10 — Not to withhold food, clothing, and sexual relations from your wife

Laws we know you reject:
Gen. 32:32 — Not to eat the sinew of the thigh
4Ex. 12:6 — To slaughter the paschal sacrifice at the specified time
5Ex. 12:8 — To eat the Paschal Lamb with matzah and Marror on the night of the fourteenth of Nisan
6Ex. 12:9 — Not to eat the paschal meat raw or boiled
7Ex. 12:10 — Not to leave any meat from the paschal offering over until morning
8Ex. 12:15 — To destroy all chametz on 14th day of Nisan
9Ex. 12:18 — To eat matzah on the first night of Passover
10Ex. 12:19 — Not to find chametz in your domain seven days
11Ex. 12:20 — Not to eat mixtures containing chametz all seven days of Passover
12Ex. 12:43 — An apostate must not eat from it
13Ex. 12:45 — A permanent or temporary hired worker must not eat from it
14Ex. 12:46 — Not to take the paschal meat from the confines of the group
15Ex. 12:46 — Not to break any bones from the paschal offering —> Ps. 34:20
16Ex. 12:48 — An uncircumcised Kohen (priest) must not eat Terumah (heave offering)
17Ex. 12:48 — An uncircumcised male must not eat from it
18Ex. 13:3 — Not to eat chametz all seven days of Passover
19Ex. 13:7 — Not to see chametz in your domain seven days
20Ex. 13:8 — To relate the Exodus from Egypt on that night
21Ex. 13:12 — To set aside the firstborn animals
22Ex. 13:13 — To redeem the firstborn donkey by giving a lamb to a Kohen
23Ex. 13:13 — To break the neck of the donkey if the owner does not intend to redeem it
24Ex. 16:29 — Not to walk outside the city boundary on Shabbat
Ex. 20:7 — Not to take God's Name in vain — Yemenite->Ex. 20:6
Ex. 20:9 — To sanctify the day with Kiddush and Havdalah — Yemenite->Ex. 20:8
Ex. 20:11 — Not to do prohibited labor on the seventh day — Yemenite->Ex. 20:10
Ex. 20:13 — Not to murder — Yemenite->Ex. 20:12
Lev. 12:3 — To circumcise all males on the eighth day after their birth
Num. 15:38 — To have tzitzit on four-cornered garments
Deut. 6:8 — To wear tefillin (phylacteries) on the head
Deut. 6:8 — To bind tefillin on the arm
Deut. 6:9 — To put a mezuzah on each door post
You still do not understand, that the NEW replaces the OLD—but without the OLD the NEW cannot be understood.
The Temple was the central place of worship, but now the Temple is gone and a NEW temple is in its place---Matthew_12:6 I tell you that one greater than the temple is here.

And

John 2:20 The Jews replied, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?"
John 2:21 But the temple he had spoken of was his body.

Joh 4:23 [b] Yet a time is coming and has now come[/b\ when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

AND

1Co_6:19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

Now the place where Yahweh choose to manifest his presence was in the Temple, now that is passed and a greater order is in place, in that the believer becomes the temple of God.

So now believers do not have to travel to Jerusalem in order to experience the Presence of Yahweh, but they themselves are the temple where the Shakina glory of God is manifest.

But I know it is unfair of me to present you with these facts, because they are beyond your capability to understand such deep truths at this stage.

So yes your list determines that the procedure that a Jew must take in order to be in a state to approach the Creator, is complicated—the teachings of Jesus leads us to understand that there is a better way, based on the OLD way.

So now I have TWO witnesses---the Torah and the Presence of Yahweh.

But is this not the END time thread and not the 613????

Last edited by Paul Bethke; 4th June 2017 at 11:53 PM.
Old 5th June 2017, 04:43 AM   #91
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

You still do not understand, that the NEW replaces the OLD—but without the OLD the NEW cannot be understood.
The Temple was the central place of worship, but now the Temple is gone and a NEW temple is in its place---Matthew_12:6 I tell you that one greater than the temple is here.

And

John 2:20 The Jews replied, "It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?"

Joh 4:23 [b] Yet a time is coming and has now come[/b\ when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

AND

1Co_6:19 Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

Now the place where Yahweh choose to manifest his presence was in the Temple, now that is passed and a greater order is in place, in that the believer becomes the temple of God.

So now believers do not have to travel to Jerusalem in order to experience the Presence of Yahweh, but they themselves are the temple where the Shakina glory of God is manifest.

But I know it is unfair of me to present you with these facts, because they are beyond your capability to understand such deep truths at this stage.

So yes your list determines that the procedure that a Jew must take in order to be in a state to approach the Creator, is complicated—the teachings of Jesus leads us to understand that there is a better way, based on the OLD way.

Make up your mind. A while back you claimed there was no difference in the covenant between the old and new testaments. Why do you bother trying to preach anything when you can't be bothered to at least have some semblance of consistency?

It's like trying to discuss policy with Donald Trump. Different day completely different claims. At this rate it's only a matter of time before you flip-flop on race relations and claim to be, and always have been, a major proponent of desegregation and interracial marriage.
Old 5th June 2017, 05:07 AM   #92
Border Reiver
Philosopher

Then why do you need to keep ANY of the OT laws? If the new covenant has replaced the old, then none of the old, including the 10 Commandments remains. Essentially you're down to "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you".

However, JC stated that he was not here to change one bit of the law, meaning that it all remains valid, and your cafeteria style Christianity is as flawed as any of the other sects.

Quote:

<scripture snip>

Are you incapable of not insulting people?

You have not demonstrated any skill or ability that would allow anyone to conclude that you have any facility or gift for parsing truth, interpreting text, or ability to teach. Concluding that other people who have demonstrated such abilities are too ignorant to learn is funny.

Tell me, did you try this approach in school?

Quote:
Jesus stated he was not here to change the Law.

In order to be compliant with JC you should therefore be compliant with the same laws for religious observation as Jews.

Quote:
You've once again redefined a word - in this case "witness".

If I wish to question the Presence of Yahweh, how will it answer?
Old 5th June 2017, 05:28 AM   #93
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

And

AND

The Torah cannot be your witness. You just stated that it has been replaced. Jesus disagrees with you on that point, however. Furthermore, we know that the Torah is flat out wrong in many of it's claims and says nothing at all about the 21st or later centuries.

The Presence of Yahweh cannot be your witness because it is not capable of doing so any more than the presence of my dishwasher is capable of washing dishes. Do you really think that my dishes get cleaned simply by dint of the Presence of the Holy Dishwasher in my kitchen?

In other words, you have no witnesses.

Old 5th June 2017, 09:10 AM   #94
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

The Torah cannot be your witness. You just stated that it has been replaced. Jesus disagrees with you on that point, however. Furthermore, we know that the Torah is flat out wrong in many of it's claims and says nothing at all about the 21st or later centuries.

The Presence of Yahweh cannot be your witness because it is not capable of doing so any more than the presence of my dishwasher is capable of washing dishes. Do you really think that my dishes get cleaned simply by dint of the Presence of the Holy Dishwasher in my kitchen?

In other words, you have no witnesses.
The END time will be the Torah as the judge for all conduct—so every person and government will be judged by the Torah, so the Torah as Jesus stated will never pass away as it is the means to the END.

I have a witness, that you know not—that witness is an assurance that what I understand from the Tanakh is correct. In time to come I will demonstrate this.

Jesus stated that the apostles will become witnesses---so the Prophets and the Apostles testify concerning what Jesus proclaimed—they are his witnesses, and I accept their testimony as fact.
Old 5th June 2017, 09:13 AM   #95
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

I have a witness, that you know not—that witness is an assurance that what I understand from the Tanakh is correct.
You can't be your own witness. And it's obvious you don't understand your own scriptures, so stop trying to insist you do.

Quote:
In time to come I will demonstrate this.
You've been putting it off for years. Do it now, or give people a better reason not to have done with you.

Quote:
Jesus stated that the apostles will become witnesses---so the Prophets and the Apostles testify concerning what Jesus proclaimed—they are his witnesses, and I accept their testimony as fact.
That's not what the scripture means by witness. Try again.

Last edited by JayUtah; 5th June 2017 at 10:29 AM.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th June 2017, 09:15 AM   #96
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

The END time will be the Torah as the judge for all conduct—so every person and government will be judged by the Torah, so the Torah as Jesus stated will never pass away as it is the means to the END.

I have a witness, that you know not—that witness is an assurance that what I understand from the Tanakh is correct. In time to come I will demonstrate this.

We are not asking about his witnesses, we are asking about yours. You have none.

Old 5th June 2017, 09:26 AM   #97
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

I have a witness, that you know not—that witness is an assurance that what I understand from the Tanakh is correct.
There are three explanations for that line:

1. You lied in the past about having followers.
2. You are lying NOW about having a follower.
3. You have finally, at long last, acquired a follower.

Which is it?

My theory is #2.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

In time to come I will demonstrate this.
It's been over a decade already. That song and dance has been a joke for quite a while now.
Old 5th June 2017, 10:06 AM   #98
Border Reiver
Philosopher

Let's start:

An inanimate object (ie. the Torah) cannot be either a witness or a judge to conduct.

Do you need us to explain why, or does your bathroom mirror also judge you?
Old 5th June 2017, 11:08 AM   #99
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Border Reiver View Post
does your bathroom mirror also judge you?

No, but like all of us he's judged by his bathroom scale.
Old 6th June 2017, 03:28 AM   #100
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

Let's start:

An inanimate object (ie. the Torah) cannot be either a witness or a judge to conduct.

Do you need us to explain why, or does your bathroom mirror also judge you?
I told you that you did not understand prophecy.
Old 6th June 2017, 03:48 AM   #101
Border Reiver
Philosopher

And you were wrong, returning like a dog to your vomit, but in the interests of education we persist in trying to teach you that:

A. Inanimate objects cannot be witnesses to anything;
B. Words have commonly accepted meanings and you don't get to change them to suit your preference;
C. You cannot use the Bible to prove the Bible; and
D. Gas lighting is not an effective method of argumentation and persuasion.
Old 6th June 2017, 06:50 AM   #102
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

?????

Are you even reading the posts you're responding to?

The non-sequitur is strong with you.

Old 6th June 2017, 07:18 AM   #103
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

This is a meaningless dodge. You whip out this band-aid statement every time you're shown in error. There is no magical body of knowledge and understanding that only you possess. Even third-graders have enough mentality to question this amatuerish level of gaslighting.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2017, 08:33 AM   #104
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
This is a meaningless dodge. You whip out this band-aid statement every time you're shown in error. There is no magical body of knowledge and understanding that only you possess. Even third-graders have enough mentality to question this amatuerish level of gaslighting.
Still proves you do not understand prophecy--how can you when prophecy is a revelation based on the knowledge of the Scriptures!!
Old 6th June 2017, 08:38 AM   #105
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

And you were wrong, returning like a dog to your vomit, but in the interests of education we persist in trying to teach you that:

A. Inanimate objects cannot be witnesses to anything;
B. Words have commonly accepted meanings and you don't get to change them to suit your preference;
C. You cannot use the Bible to prove the Bible; and
D. Gas lighting is not an effective method of argumentation and persuasion.
No the Bible is a dead book--what makes it come alive is the understanding of the prophetic word---John_3:6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

John_6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.

So you cannot understand the words because they are made alive by the Spirit.
So maybe it is futile trying to communicate with you, as you will not understand the Spirit of the Torah.

So the Ten Commands will be used to make clear the reason for the judgement of the Creator coming on his creation.

Last edited by Paul Bethke; 6th June 2017 at 08:41 AM.
Old 6th June 2017, 08:51 AM   #106
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

No the Bible is a dead book--what makes it come alive is the understanding of the prophetic word---John_3:6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

John_6:63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.

So maybe it is futile trying to communicate with you, as you will not understand the Spirit of the Torah.

So the Ten Commands will be used to make clear the reason for the judgement of the Creator coming on his creation.
Now your claim is the bible is dead.

Old 6th June 2017, 09:22 AM   #107
Zivan
Muse

Prove it.

Where does it specifically say that about the "Ten Commands"?

AND

"you do not understand prophecy" is NOT an answer so do not repeat that BS.
Zivan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2017, 09:36 AM   #108
Border Reiver
Philosopher

Thank you for once again clearly demonstrating the inefficiency of gaslighting as a means of argumentation and persuasion.
Old 6th June 2017, 10:17 AM   #109
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Still proves you do not understand prophecy--how can you when prophecy is a revelation based on the knowledge of the Scriptures!!
Do not gaslight me, Bethke. The evidence shows you do not have a competent knowledge of scripture. Hence, you have invented this "prophetic meaning" as nothing more than knowledge you allegedly possess and which your critics allegedly cannot. In logic this is "special pleading," and it is not a valid argument.

To the point at hand, the scriptures say you require two other human witnesses. You have said the Torah is your witness. The Torah is not human; it cannot be a witness under the pertinent scripture. You have said Yahweh is your witness. Yahweh is not human; it cannot be a witness under the pertinent scripture. You have said your infallible interpretation of scripture serves as your witness. That is a concept, not a human. Even in the most charitable interpretation of that vague nonsense, the only human involved in that is you, and you cannot serve as your own witness.

So name your witnesses or concede that you don't have any.
Old 6th June 2017, 10:21 AM   #110
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

You REALLY need a dictionary.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/prophecy

Quote:
prophecy
[prof-uh-see]
Spell Syllables
Examples Word Origin
See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
noun, plural prophecies.
1. the foretelling or prediction of what is to come.
2. something that is declared by a prophet, especially a divinely inspired prediction, instruction, or exhortation.
3. a divinely inspired utterance or revelation:
oracular prophecies.
4. the action, function, or faculty of a prophet.
Old 6th June 2017, 10:37 AM   #111
Zivan
Muse

You are very wrong—
This shows how little you understand—
You still do not understand
Still proves you do not understand prophecy--
So you cannot understand the words
Good thing this is not a drinking game......

.......PB is soooooo predictable
Zivan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th June 2017, 10:47 AM   #112
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Zivan View Post
Good thing this is not a drinking game......

.......PB is soooooo predictable
Take a drink every time Paul Bethke:
  1. Posts about adultery.
  2. Misuses the word "prophecy"
  3. Dodges a question about Biblical Law by talking about the Ten Commandments.
  4. Dismisses criticism by claiming the poster is wrong, "doesn't understand" or similar wording without any substantive elaboration on WHAT the person supposedly got wrong or doesn't understand.
  5. Makes up his own definition of a word.

Last edited by halleyscomet; 6th June 2017 at 10:49 AM.
Old 6th June 2017, 10:50 AM   #113
Border Reiver
Philosopher

1. Posts about adultery.
  4. Dismisses criticism by claiming the poster is wrong, "doesn't understand" or similar wording without any substantive elaboration on WHAT the person supposedly got wrong or doesn't understand.

We'd all be loaded faster then my howitzers for the 1812 Overture, even with dealcoholized beer....
Old 6th June 2017, 10:54 AM   #114
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

We'd all be loaded faster then my howitzers for the 1812 Overture, even with dealcoholized beer....
Old 6th June 2017, 11:36 AM   #115
Zivan
Muse

1. Posts about adultery.
Posts by PB finally have a use afterall.

L'chaim!
Old 6th June 2017, 12:00 PM   #116
Border Reiver
Philosopher

Posts by PB finally have a use afterall.

L'chaim!

Slainté
Old 6th June 2017, 12:08 PM   #117
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Prove it.

Where does it specifically say that about the "Ten Commands"?

AND

"you do not understand prophecy" is NOT an answer so do not repeat that BS.
PB must by default chuck out 603 other commands, and if he is reaching for the jebus two, he must chuck out the ten as well.

Not to mention that the jebus two long predate the bible.

Not to mention the variety of the ten.

Not to mention that the whole 613 still apply according to jebus.

Not to mention that PB does not follow them anyway as he has told us in this very thread.

Old 6th June 2017, 12:10 PM   #118
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Slainté
How to say ‘cheers’ in 50 languages
Old 6th June 2017, 12:12 PM   #119
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

PB must by default chuck out 603 other commands, and if he is reaching for the jebus two, he must chuck out the ten as well.

Not to mention that PB does not follow them anyway as he has told us in this very thread.
Shhh. You'll anger the Prophet and he'll kill your grass with his divine virginity beams.
Old 6th June 2017, 01:52 PM   #120
Zivan
Muse

This proves you do not understand prophecy(!) about Abraham (who was a virgin after having sex with Sarah and Hagar) committing adultery with Eve (who is the whore of Babylon) in Sodom and Gomorrah during the Flood of Noah (who was a virgin after fathering three sons) before they went to Egypt and slaughtered everyone with swords (in a non-violent sort of way) so Jesus could ride on a golden calf two golden calves around Jericho six-hundred and sixty-six times so that "Yahweh" could give the 613 Ten two Commandments to Paul Bethke so he can smite everyone in the END TIMES.

But, since we do not have "perfect, infallible knowledge" like PB has, we cannot understand this!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy