IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 10th June 2017, 04:42 AM   #161
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Paul Bethke View Post
But I have no follows—I merely state what is written.
Yet refuse to follow it. Why is that?

So, you reported me to the moderators, because I said you do not understand prophecy, which you do not.
Evidence for that accusation, please. You have no way of knowing who made that report or even if a report was made at all. For all you know a moderator simply happened to read it.

Many people read literature which they do not understand, like this example--Acts 8:30 Then Philip ran up to the chariot and heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. "Do you understand what you are reading?" Philip asked.
Act 8:31 "How can I," he said, "unless someone explains it to me?" So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.
Typical biblical gibberish. Do you need someone to explain everything you read to you?
So, I compare you to the eunuch.
Again with the insults.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2017, 04:45 AM   #162
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
But your creator doesn't have the authority to govern. The governed have not contented to his governance.
But perhaps you have not read, or no one has told you that this world will eventually be governed by Yahweh---Revelation_11:17 saying: [hiliute]"We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign. [/hilite]

So you SEE Craig, I am merely warning people that there will come a time when this world will be governed in accordance with the holy commands of the Yahweh the Creator.

So if your conduct is outside the boundaries of Yahweh’s command, you need to repent in order to alleviate his wrath.

Romans_1:18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness,
Luke 21:31---Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the Kingdom of God is near.

Last edited by Paul Bethke; 10th June 2017 at 04:46 AM.
Paul Bethke is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2017, 04:50 AM   #163
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

But perhaps you have not read, or no one has told you that this world will eventually be governed by Yahweh---Revelation_11:17 saying: [hiliute]"We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign. [/hilite]

So you SEE Craig, I am merely warning people that there will come a time when this world will be governed in accordance with the holy commands of the Yahweh the Creator.

So if your conduct is outside the boundaries of Yahweh’s command, you need to repent in order to alleviate his wrath.

Romans_1:18 The wrath of God is being revealed from heaven against all the godlessness and wickedness of men who suppress the truth by their wickedness,
But your god has no power to govern either.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2017, 04:57 AM   #164
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Yet refuse to follow it. Why is that?
Evidence for that accusation, please. You have no way of knowing who made that report or even if a report was made at all. For all you know a moderator simply happened to read it.
Typical biblical gibberish. Do you need someone to explain everything you read to you?
Again with the insults.
What insults, stating the truth cannot be an insult—so why are you representing the man, he can speak for himself.

Initially everything needs to be explained, either by demonstration or explanation—this is what Jesus did.

It had to be explained how things works---Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Gen 1:2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
Gen 1:3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

So now we know how it all began, would have not known if it were not explained.
Matthew 19:4 "Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'?

So, we would be entirely in the dark, had not the Creator revealed to us how it BEGAN!!

Now the world with all its advancements is still as it was in the beginning---Gen 1:2 Now the earth was (is)formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep,

Have a good day.
Luke 21:31---Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the Kingdom of God is near.

Last edited by Paul Bethke; 10th June 2017 at 05:00 AM.
Paul Bethke is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2017, 05:05 AM   #165
Peregrinus
Graduate Poster

Now the world with all its advancements is still as it was in the beginning---Gen 1:2 Now the earth was (is)formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep,
Have you looked out a window lately? You really don't like reality, do you?
Peregrinus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2017, 05:06 AM   #166
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

But your god has no power to govern either.
Yes that seems to be the case at the moment, but take note when the time comes, then the power of Yahweh will become evident to all as is prophesied by Jesus---

Mark 9:1 And he said to them, "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Kingdom of God come with power."

BUT remember this is a prophecy.

Rev_11:17 saying: "We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign.

So, you SEE the term begun has not yet begun, it is very close now.
Old 10th June 2017, 05:09 AM   #167
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Peregrinus View Post
Have you looked out a window lately? You really don't like reality, do you?
How stupid of me—I did not mention the darkness of sin that reigns in the world today.

John 3:19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

Last edited by Paul Bethke; 10th June 2017 at 05:11 AM.
Old 10th June 2017, 05:09 AM   #168
Peregrinus
Graduate Poster

drivel snipped

That claim has been made innumerable times by innumerable "visionaries". And in far more religions than just your distorted one.
Peregrinus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2017, 05:16 AM   #169
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

What insults, stating the truth cannot be an insult—so why are you representing the man, he can speak for himself.
You just compared another member to a eunuch. Pretty insulting.

Initially everything needs to be explained, either by demonstration or explanation—this is what Jesus did.
You are not Jesus nor anything remotely like him as described. You explain nothing and demonstrate nothing and break the laws specified by same Jesus.

It had to be explained how things works---Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.
Gen 1:2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
Gen 1:3 And God said, "Let there be light," and there was light.
No light at all because he hadn't created the Sun yet.
Also Gen 1 and Gen 2 totally disagree on the order of creation.

So now we know how it all began, would have not known if it were not explained.
Nope. We know how the bible claims it all began.
The bible can't even agree with itself about that and in any event has no explanatory power at all.

Further we know that the bible creation account is flat out wrong.

Matthew 19:4 "Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'?
Sure we have read it. I find nothing compelling in a circular argument by an anonymous author.

Further, I have read The Lord of the Rings. Doesn't make that true either.

So, we would be entirely in the dark, had not the Creator revealed to us how it BEGAN!!
Were we to accept the bible account we would be in the dark because it explains nothing and is factually incorrect.

Did you miss the enlightenment?

The earth is neither formless nor empty. All of the oceans experience daylight. Wrong again.

abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2017, 05:55 AM   #170
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Yes that seems to be the case at the moment, but take note when the time comes, then the power of Yahweh will become evident to all as is prophesied by Jesus---

Mark 9:1 And he said to them, "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Kingdom of God come with power."

BUT remember this is a prophecy.

Rev_11:17 saying: "We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty, the One who is and who was, because you have taken your great power and have begun to reign.

Yes, well you've been wrong before.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2017, 05:58 AM   #171
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

You just compared another member to a eunuch. Pretty insulting.
The comparison was that a person or an eunuch needed the Scripture to be explained as the person reading the Scriptures did not understand what he was reading, so how can that be insulting?

Quote:
You are not Jesus nor anything remotely like him as described. You explain nothing and demonstrate nothing and break the laws specified by same Jesus.
Now are you not reverting to insult—which laws do I break, you have no knowledge of how I live.
So be a good fella and list the laws that I break—you cannot just say I break the laws.

“snipped”

Quote:
The earth is neither formless nor empty. All of the oceans experience daylight. Wrong again.
It was at some time in the beginning, but you would not know this unless you were told!
Old 10th June 2017, 06:01 AM   #172
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

Yes, well you've been wrong before.
I can always correct the things I got wrong with a superior understanding.
Old 10th June 2017, 06:06 AM   #173
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

The comparison was that a person or an eunuch needed the Scripture to be explained as the person reading the Scriptures did not understand what he was reading, so how can that be insulting?
Comparing anyone to a eunuch is insulting.

Now are you not reverting to insult—which laws do I break, you have no knowledge of how I live.
So be a good fella and list the laws that I break—you cannot just say I break the laws.
No insult there at all. You have told us you do not follow all of the laws.

It was at some time in the beginning, but you would not know this unless you were told!
Wrong. Science has a much more accurate picture developed without the bible and which directly contradicts the bible and which has evidence to back it up.

For example, the bible would have it that light came first and some time later, the sun. We know that is completely backwards.

Old 10th June 2017, 06:45 AM   #174
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I'd expect better from a god's spokesman. Do you think you could ask him to drop by? I'm planning to clean out the garage today but I'll take a break for him if he can drop by.
Old 10th June 2017, 06:58 AM   #175
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

If only you had a superior understanding, which you evidently don't. You seem to think you're entitled to as many do-overs as you need. That's not how prophets work.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2017, 07:17 AM   #176
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Paul Bethke

Should we follow Deu 18:20-22?

Old 10th June 2017, 07:17 AM   #177
Border Reiver
Philosopher

So, then . . . no cakes and ale?

Ale, bread, cheese and beef. That's the BR version of the heavenly feast, maybe with a couple of carrots and snap peas. And I don't care who's bringing me the food, so long as everyone has plenty.
Old 10th June 2017, 07:22 AM   #178
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

Comparing anyone to a eunuch is insulting.
But was not the eunuch unable to understand what he was reading, this is my comparison not to a person being an eunuch. What I am saying is that a person can read something and not understand what he is reading and as a result cannot fathom out the meaning?
Quote:
No insult there at all. You have told us you do not follow all of the laws.
What I have said is that not all laws can be followed, all laws can be taught and a parallel can be evaluated, but a practical application cannot be imitated.

Quote:
Wrong. Science has a much more accurate picture developed without the bible and which directly contradicts the bible and which has evidence to back it up.
Science tells how things constructed, but not how things were created, only an intelligent person could have regulated the elements to accommodate life. Only an all-powerful person could put into effect the worlds and the world we live in in such a complete state.

Quote:
For example, the bible would have it that light came first and some time later, the sun. We know that is completely backwards.
It is not backwards if you understood that the first light and the second light have different meanings. Let the experts explain this, who know the original language.
Old 10th June 2017, 07:23 AM   #179
Border Reiver
Philosopher

Yet you choose not to.

When confronted with the error of your interpretations you double down and accuse the other party of not understanding and carry on secure in your ignorance.
Old 10th June 2017, 07:33 AM   #180
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
If only you had a superior understanding, which you evidently don't. You seem to think you're entitled to as many do-overs as you need. That's not how prophets work.
Well that is what you say—but not what is written. Romans 2:17 Now you, if you call yourself a Jew; if you rely on the Torah and brag about your relationship to God;

I am not a Jew, but I do rely on the Torah, and I do have a relationship with God.

AND again

Romans 2:18 if you know his will and approve of what is superior because you are instructed by the Torah;

You SEE Sir or maybe you do not SEE—the Scriptures confirm what is experienced by those who love the Creator.

What is a prophet but the one who declares the word of the Creator regardless of the opposition.
So IF only you understood prophecy!
Old 10th June 2017, 07:37 AM   #181
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

But was not the eunuch unable to understand what he was reading, this is my comparison not to a person being an eunuch. What I am saying is that a person can read something and not understand what he is reading and as a result cannot fathom out the meaning?
It remains an insult no matter how you dodge.

What I have said is that not all laws can be followed, all laws can be taught and a parallel can be evaluated, but a practical application cannot be imitated.
We have a list of the laws you claim not to follow. In many cases there is nothing stopping you from following them. You simply don't like them. Are you admitting to being an a-la-carte christian? Selecting the parts you like and rejecting those you don't?

Science tells how things constructed,
Wrong. Science does not stop there.

but not how things were created, only an intelligent person could have regulated the elements to accommodate life.
Oh. Now you embrace intelligent design.

Only an all-powerful person could put into effect the worlds and the world we live in in such a complete state.
The universe is in no way residing in a complete state.

It is not backwards if you understood that the first light and the second light have different meanings. Let the experts explain this, who know the original language.
No need. Experts have known that it is bass-ackwards for centuries.

Unless you are now going to change your mind and claim that Genesis is not true but simply a metaphor for something else. Bear in mind you will be immediately denying others of your claims.

Try another. What happens to plants without sunlight? Do you know?

Answer my question, please. Should we obey Deu 18:20-22?

Old 10th June 2017, 08:19 AM   #182
JayUtah
Penultimate Amazing

Well that is what you say—but not what is written.
None of that has anything to do with what I said.

Quote:
You SEE Sir or maybe you do not SEE—the Scriptures confirm what is experienced by those who love the Creator.
We're not talking about people who "love the Creator." A lot of people claim to do that. We're talking about being a prophet, something few people claim -- and wisely so, because it's a tall claim.

Quote:
What is a prophet but the one who declares the word of the Creator regardless of the opposition.
A prophet is one who prophesies, as in foretelling the truth. You tried and failed to do that. Therefore you are not a prophet. After ten years of trying, you don't keep getting additional chances. The difference between a true prophet and a false prophet is that a false prophet repeatedly demonstrates his unwillingness or inability to prophesy.

Quote:
So IF only you understood prophecy!
No, Bethke, there is no magical body of knowledge that only you possess, that fixes all your mistakes. Try again.
JayUtah is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2017, 08:22 AM   #183
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

It remains an insult no matter how you dodge.

We have a list of the laws you claim not to follow. In many cases there is nothing stopping you from following them. You simply don't like them. Are you admitting to being an a-la-carte christian? Selecting the parts you like and rejecting those you don't?

Wrong. Science does not stop there.

Oh. Now you embrace intelligent design.

The universe is in no way residing in a complete state.

No need. Experts have known that it is bass-ackwards for centuries.

Unless you are now going to change your mind and claim that Genesis is not true but simply a metaphor for something else. Bear in mind you will be immediately denying others of your claims.

Try another. What happens to plants without sunlight? Do you know?

Answer my question, please. Should we obey Deu 18:20-22?
Oh yeah, he embraces all that weirdness, thinks the flood really happened the whole bag of nonsense.
Old 10th June 2017, 08:25 AM   #184
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Perhaps you are trying to be very clever—but you should know the answer.

Sex between a man and his wife should be pure—outside of this marriage it is as termed in Scripture as lewd.

Ezekiel_24:13 "'Now your impurity is lewdness. Because I tried to cleanse you but you would not be cleansed from your impurity, you will not be clean again until my wrath against you has subsided.

Rev 17:5 This title was written on her forehead: MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Rev_17:4 The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries.

So purity in marriage is not based on the filth in the world--so where do you stand>?

No, I was asking a serious question. I wasn't trying to be clever. Your response was to dodge and evade.

I am not surprised by this turn of events.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2017, 08:27 AM   #185
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

The scriptures confirm only what you want them to confirm. Let's not pretend like there is any honest inquiry or actual piety going on here. You want these "scriptures" to mean something to boost your own ego and make you something you're not.
Old 10th June 2017, 08:33 AM   #186
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

The Creator as it is written is grieved by the unholy conduct of people—therefor he give precepts of how people should conduct themselves in order to become holy and remain holy.
Two adults consenting does not make the act holy it is a man and his wife in a sanctified marriage.
It is said as is recorded--- Jas_1:27 Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Ezr 9:11 For we have disregarded the commands you gave through your servants the prophets when you said: 'The land you are entering to possess is a land polluted by the corruption of its peoples. By their detestable practices they have filled it with their impurity from one end to the other.

To keep oneself from pollution is to keep the commands of the Creator---so when you follow the detestable practices committed in the world, you destine yourself to hell.

Romans_12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Yeah. Having THAT reaction to even theoretical cunnilingus will squash those rumors about your marital state right away.

Yep. That'll put a right solid end to the speculation.
halleyscomet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2017, 08:41 AM   #187
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Zivan View Post
Haha!

So true. In PB world "adultery" is like "42".........

And apparently he considers cunnilingus to be impure even within marriage.

I feel really, really sorry for his wife.

The poor woman.

I hope she has plenty of time for go-cart racing.

https://misbehavinmaidens.bandcamp.c...y-masturbating
Old 10th June 2017, 11:06 AM   #188
EvilBiker
Spectral Challenger

Quote:
Rev 17:5 This title was written on her forehead: MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Rev_17:4 The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries.
Besides the jumping narrative in terms of verses, I'm left with a sense of unfulfillment. My suggestion:

Quote:
Rev 17:6 And LO, did I proffer an almighty DOLLAR to her gilded waistband, and in the fullness of time, I knew her and she knew me, although it cost me many more DOLLARS, of which there was no firm accounting.
Old 10th June 2017, 11:22 AM   #189
Zivan
Muse

And that was written ~2000 years ago.

Have you seen any 2000-year-old people walking around?
Zivan is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th June 2017, 11:38 AM   #190
Beady
Philosopher

Is there anything youd like to know, my son?

This signature is intended to irritate people.
Old 10th June 2017, 01:03 PM   #191
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

http://highlander.wikia.com/wiki/Methos

Alternately: "The crucifixion must have been some kind of Vampire Woodstock with everyone who claims to have been there." - Spike, from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer, just before killing a vampire who'd claimed to have seen the crucifixion.
Old 11th June 2017, 02:50 AM   #192
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

The END

A lot of people envisage the END, but this person has a terrible picture for the END

Quote:
This makes sense because while the coming of Yeshua will be joyous news to many, it will also signal the final destruction of the faithless, God-denying vast majority of mankind.
I cannot mince my words here.

YHVH Himself is going to unleash and unprecedented, unimaginable portion of death and suffering upon this planet to a degree so intense and severe that we’re told if He didn’t stop it short, there wouldn’t be any life remaining on the planet.

Planet earth would become a just another sterile slab of rock like all the other countless trillions of lifeless rocks floating around in the universe.
If that doesn’t give one pause for soberness and solemn reflection, I don’t know what does.

While the redeemed have much to look forward to, when we think about about the unsaved around us, the thought of the Lord’s coming is indeed bittersweet.
What about our unsaved relatives?

What about whole nations whose governments and culture promote an anti-Godly lifestyle?
What about the dead end future that awaits our close friends who reject our faith?
What’s going to happen to them when the Lord returns?

No wonder Yeshua’s coming is called the Great and Terrible Day of the Lord.
The post L23-23: Why is Yeshua’s coming called the Great and Terrible Day of the Lord? appeared first on (WELCOME TO THE MESSIANIC REVOLUTION)
http://messianic-revolution.com/l23-...ible-day-lord/

Last edited by Paul Bethke; 11th June 2017 at 03:00 AM.
Old 11th June 2017, 04:25 AM   #193
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat

A lot of people envisage the END, but this person has a terrible picture for the END

http://messianic-revolution.com/l23-...ible-day-lord/
Good job these are the delirious imaginings of an obvious crackpot then, isn't it?
Old 11th June 2017, 04:53 AM   #194
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
Good job these are the delirious imaginings of an obvious crackpot then, isn't it?
I suppose you feel good, if that were not so--but if it is so, you will not feel so good!!
Old 11th June 2017, 05:06 AM   #195
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

I suppose you feel good, if that were not so--but if it is so, you will not feel so good!!

Are you practicing the art of the non-answer?
Old 11th June 2017, 05:25 AM   #196
Peregrinus
Graduate Poster

THE END™ has been bruited about innumerable times in innumerable cultures by innumerable alarmists/crackpots/self-appointed visionaries. Barely rises to the level of click-bait these days.
Old 11th June 2017, 05:42 AM   #197
halleyscomet
Penultimate Amazing

THE END has been bruited about innumerable times in innumerable cultures by innumerable alarmists/crackpots/self-appointed visionaries. Barely rises to the level of click-bait these days.

Harold Camping set a new bar on that topic with the nationwide billboards and trucks.

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/l...r-doomsday-456

Lone nutters online don't even get noticed anymore.
Old 11th June 2017, 06:01 AM   #198
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I'd be worried if I were you. False prophets probably won't do well in your end times. I'm guessing lots of wailing and gnashing of teeth are in your future.
Old 11th June 2017, 06:29 AM   #199
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

Originally Posted by halleyscomet View Post
Are you practicing the art of the non-answer?

Is there an art?
Do I not proclaim the commands of the Creator, how can that be non-answer?
What are you practicing?
Old 11th June 2017, 06:35 AM   #200
Paul Bethke
Philosopher

THE END™ has been bruited about innumerable times in innumerable cultures by innumerable alarmists/crackpots/self-appointed visionaries. Barely rises to the level of click-bait these days.

Yes that is true, but there was no real call to repentance, repentance is the opportunity the Creator is giving people repent of the evil that is so prevalent today.

Other proclaimist just want the END to come, regardless of atonement.
Yahweh wants people to come to their senses and change their attitude.

So before the Great and terrible Day of the LORD, there will be evidence given to support the call to repentance.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy