ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , politics humor

Old 17th February 2017, 02:31 AM   #1
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

The Donald Trump intelligent quotes thread

I thought this might be fun. Add your own examples as and when they turn up.

Today's quote is:

"You know what uranium is, right? This thing called nuclear weapons like lots of things are done with uranium including some bad things." - Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States of America.
Old 17th February 2017, 02:46 AM   #2
The Great Zaganza
Graduate Poster

If you got with one per day, this thread will outlast Trump by a century.
Old 17th February 2017, 03:24 AM   #3
Parsman
Critical Thinker

“I’m looking at two-state and one-state and I like the one that both parties like. I’m very happy with the one that both parties like,” Trump said. Speaking about Israel/Palestine. Obvious or oblivious, probably a bit of both.
Old 17th February 2017, 03:27 AM   #4
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Ronald Reagan is turning in his grave.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2017, 03:36 AM   #5
Lothian
should be banned

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
Ronald Reagan is turning in his grave.
You could power Washington by attaching dynamos to the dead presidents of the US.
Lothian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2017, 04:54 AM   #6
The Great Zaganza
Graduate Poster

" 'I'm speaking with myself, No. 1, because I have a very good brain,' "
- Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States of America.
Old 17th February 2017, 05:49 AM   #7
Arcade22
Illuminator

On Leaks and Fake News
“The leaks are absolutely real. The news is fake because so much of the news is fake."

On firing Michael Flynn
“He didn’t tell the vice president of the United States the facts. And then he didn’t remember. And that just wasn’t acceptable to me.”

On himself
“I’m really not a bad person, by the way.”
Freedom you all want, you want freedom. Why then do you haggle over a more or less? Freedom can only be the whole of freedom; a piece of freedom is not freedom. You despair of the possibility of obtaining the whole of freedom, freedom from everything - yes, you consider it insanity even to wish this? - Well, then leave off chasing after the phantom, and spend your pains on something better than the - unattainable. - Max Stirner
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2017, 06:26 AM   #8
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

"Grab them by the pussy."
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2017, 07:40 AM   #9
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
" 'I'm speaking with myself, No. 1, because I have a very good brain,' "
- Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States of America.
I keep it in a jar in my desk.

Wash this space!

We fight for the Lady Babylon!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2017, 07:42 AM   #10
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Arcade22 View Post
On Leaks and Fake News
“The leaks are absolutely real. The news is fake because so much of the news is fake."

On firing Michael Flynn
“He didn’t tell the vice president of the United States the facts. And then he didn’t remember. And that just wasn’t acceptable to me.”

On himself
“I’m really not a bad person, by the way.”
In the same sense that Hitler, Stalin, Attilla the Hun and their like were not bad persons!!!!

Wash this space!

fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2017, 08:52 AM   #11
Henri McPhee
Graduate Poster

There are some interesting quotes from Donald Trump in a July 30 2015 article by Jim Gerahty of the National Review:

Quote:
JIM GERAGHTY July 30, 2015 3:57 PM Since announcing his campaign for the Republican presidential nomination, Donald Trump has made clear that he’s a different kind of candidate. He’s loud, he’s brash, and he’s got an uncanny ability to spark outrage and controversy just by opening his mouth. His is a reality-show candidacy for a reality-show age, and his pitch to voters fits it to a tee: heavy on personality and light on policy. Those stances he does take have a superficial populist appeal — quite a substantial one if the polls are to be believed — but tend to fall apart on closer inspection.

Case in point: American policy in the Middle East, where Trump has in recent years repeatedly endorsed the bizarre, bellicose fantasy that the U.S. could and should seize oil fields in Iraq and Libya. In 2007, Trump said that the U.S. should “declare victory and leave” Iraq, “because I’ll tell you, this country is just going to get further bogged down.” Four years later, as Obama prepared to withdraw U.S. troops from the country, Trump was more or less getting his wish. But by then he appeared to be arguing that the U.S. should maintain its troop presence simply to seize Iraqi oil fields. “So you would keep troops in Iraq after this year?” asked Wall Street Journal reporter Kelly Evans. “I would take the oil,”Trump responded.

Trump has repeatedly endorsed the bizarre, bellicose fantasy that the U.S. could and should seize oil fields in Iraq and Libya. A confused Evans responded, “I don’t understand how you would take — does that mean keeping troops there, or staying involved in Iraq?” “You heard me, I would take the oil,” Trump insisted. “I would not leave Iraq and let Iran take the oil.” About a week after his interview with Evans, Trump elaborated, suggesting that America’s losses in Iraq deserved compensation in the form of Iraqi oil. “In the old days, you know when you had a war, to the victor belong the spoils,” he told George Stephanopoulos in 2011. “You go in. You win the war and you take it. . . . You’re not stealing anything. . . . We’re taking back $1.5 trillion to reimburse ourselves.” A few days after his interview with Stephanopolous, he suggested that U.S. policy toward the uprising against Moammar Qaddafi in Libya should also focus on “taking the oil.”

“I would go in and take the oil — I would just go in and take the oil,” Trump told Greta Van Susteren. “We don’t know who the rebels are, we hear they come from Iran, we hear they’re influenced by Iran or al-Qaeda, and, frankly I would go in, I would take the oil — and stop this baby stuff.” He would later say, “I’m only interested in Libya if we take the oil. If we don’t take the oil, I’m not interested.”

At CPAC 2013, Trump said he’d been told that seizing the oil fields had been an original goal of the Bush administration, now mysteriously forgotten. “When I heard that we were first going into Iraq, some very smart people told me ‘well, we’re actually going for the oil,’ and I said, ‘Alright, I get that, there’s nothing else, I get it. We didn’t take the oil! And when I said, we spent $1.5 trillion we should take it and pay ourselves back. What are we doing? What the hell are we thinking?”

Trump added that the U.S. government should use the seized $1.5 trillion to provide a million dollars to the family of every slain U.S. solder. “A million dollars to a family is nothing compared to the kind of wealth that you’re talking about over there.” The U.S. suffered 4,492 military fatalities in Iraq; that amounts to $4.5 billion under Trump’s plan. To this day, Trump sees the oil fields as the fulcrum of power in the Middle East.

After being prompted by Anderson Cooper to elaborate on his plan to deal with the terrorist group ISIS, Trump declared, “I would bomb the hell out of those oil fields. I wouldn’t send many troops because you won’t need them by the time I’m finished.” The man who wrote The Art of the Deal offers Americans a vision of a world where national security policy is simple, with lots of benefits and little cost. It’s not clear how Trump’s policy would differ from existing U.S. strategy, which managed to reduce ISIS’ ability to produce oil from 70,000 barrels a day to about 20,000 within one month. (Immobile, heavy-equipment dominated sites like oil derricks and refineries are perhaps the easiest bombing targets.)

Earlier this year, an international review of known information about ISIS’ finances concluded the group’s “earnings from oil-related trade have probably diminished in importance relative to other sources of revenue due to coalition airstrikes” as well as the group’s need for refined crude for its military operations and declining oil prices. The report added, “As a result of coalition airstrikes, ISIL has been forced to rely upon even more primitive refining techniques, including burning the crude in open pits that produce limited yields of poor-quality product.”In his “take the oil fields” comments over the years, Trump never quite elaborated on details like who would operate the drilling equipment and refineries in those foreign countries, and how the locals would respond to their national property and territory being seized. Nor does he worry about the Geneva Convention’s explicit ban on seizing property from an adversary.
Henri McPhee is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2017, 09:02 AM   #12
varwoche
Philosopher

After lying for the nth time about his EC victory, and being confronted with the facts, Trump offered an explanation with this precious gem...
I was given that information. Actually, I've seen that information around.
Old 17th February 2017, 09:22 AM   #13
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
After lying for the nth time about his EC victory, and being confronted with the facts, Trump offered an explanation with this precious gem...
He probably WAS given that information. He's ignorant and gullible, believing ever idiotic thing he's told by his suckophants. Like the one about 3-5 million illegal votes, which Stephen Miller pulled directly out of his nether regions.
Old 17th February 2017, 11:18 AM   #14
fuelair
Cythraul Enfys

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
He probably WAS given that information. He's ignorant and gullible, believing ever idiotic thing he's told by his suckophants. Like the one about 3-5 million illegal votes, which Stephen Miller pulled directly out of his nether regions.
They are good about sticking their fists up their rectums , pulling out quantities of fecal matter and calling it Shinola. Because Trumpf does not know the difference and his camp followers eat it up (the fecal matter of course!!!!)!!!!!

Wash this space!

Old 17th February 2017, 02:11 PM   #15
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
I thought this might be fun. Add your own examples as and when they turn up.

Today's quote is:

"You know what uranium is, right? This thing called nuclear weapons like lots of things are done with uranium including some bad things." - Donald Trump, 45th President of the United States of America.
I shared that gem with my son (a colleague accosted me at work and read out the Guardian story on that).

I also told my son about Trump's observation that a nuclear holocaust would be bad.

His reply,

"An insightful man"
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th February 2017, 02:12 PM   #16
mgidm86
Illuminator

Why bother, there are too many to choose from.

Let's make the thread title literal and keep the thread size under control
mgidm86 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2017, 10:25 AM   #17
bobdroege7
Master Poster

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
Why bother, there are too many to choose from.

Let's make the thread title literal and keep the thread size under control

Thread over

Graduate of a liberal arts college!

Faster play faster faster play faster
bobdroege7 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2017, 10:39 AM   #18
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

The Donald Trump intelligent quotes thread

Why has this thread got posts in it?
Old 18th February 2017, 10:41 AM   #19
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

It's relative?
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2017, 10:45 AM   #20
Cain
Straussian

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
"The buck stops... with whoever told me that. I'm going to keep repeating it anyway."
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th February 2017, 10:46 AM   #21
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

I beg to disagree. Trump sometimes says intelligent things:

Quote:
Hillary Clinton I think is a terrific woman, I am biased because I have known her for years. I live in New York. She lives in New York. I really like her and her husband both a lot. I think she really works hard. And I think, again, she's given an agenda, it is not all of her, but I think she really works hard and I think she does a good job. I like her.

http://time.com/3962799/donald-trump-hillary-clinton/
Old 18th February 2017, 12:00 PM   #22
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
It's relative?
Trump's parents are siblings?
Old 18th February 2017, 01:47 PM   #23
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
Trump's parents are siblings?
High-six
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics