ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Brett Kavanaugh , Congressional hearings , Supreme Court nominees

Old 7th November 2018, 07:14 AM   #1241
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Cabbage View Post
Where is Yes? Is that a country? Do they speak English in Yes?
http://www.yesworld.com
Old 7th November 2018, 07:53 AM   #1242
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
I'm sure she is grateful for donations to pay for moving, living on the road and a private security detail. Kavanaugh of course gets free security for him and his family courtesy of the taxpayers.

"Earlier this month, Ford appealed to GoFundMe donors to continue contributing to her coffers, portraying a family on the run.

"But congressional sources say that, while Ford and her husband and two sons left their home, their temporary housing costs have been nominal. They point out that they have stayed with relatives or at their beach house in Santa Cruz, Calif."

-- Paul Sperry, RealClearInvestigations (Oct 29, 2018)
Slings and Arrows is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 08:01 AM   #1243
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Slings and Arrows View Post
"Earlier this month, Ford appealed to GoFundMe donors to continue contributing to her coffers, portraying a family on the run.

"But congressional sources say that, while Ford and her husband and two sons left their home, their temporary housing costs have been nominal. They point out that they have stayed with relatives or at their beach house in Santa Cruz, Calif."

I'm not saying that such sources are necessarily wrong, but why are "congressional sources" authoritative when it comes to how Ford is living?

As well, of course, even relatives may be compensated for their willingness to board one in an emergency.

Still, let's go back to that previous point. What the **** do "congressional sources" know? What position do these sources have and how did they come to this information?
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 08:10 AM   #1244
Thermal
Philosopher

Yes. And? Even the account you mentioned is being run by others in her name. She has not touched dime one. When she does, wanna bet she gives an accounting for exactly what she spent related to protecting her family and donates overages to charity?

You are still ducking your earlier screwed up reporting. Deliberate or confusing to you?
Old 7th November 2018, 08:53 AM   #1245
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

Yes. And? Even the account you mentioned is being run by others in her name. She has not touched dime one. When she does, wanna bet she gives an accounting for exactly what she spent related to protecting her family and donates overages to charity?

You are still ducking your earlier screwed up reporting. Deliberate or confusing to you?

"Heidi Li Feldman, a Washington law professor who started one of the GoFundMe campaigns for Ford said, 'I sponsored a capped fundraiser to assist Dr. Blasey with her security expenses. She has access to the funds, and I understand she will draw upon them when she has the opportunity.'

"GoFundMe spokeswoman Katherine Cichy told RealClearInvestigations that Ford and her husband can withdraw as much as they want whenever they want for any purpose."

Last edited by Slings and Arrows; 7th November 2018 at 08:57 AM.
Slings and Arrows is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 09:07 AM   #1246
Thermal
Philosopher

"Heidi Li Feldman, a Washington law professor who started one of the GoFundMe campaigns for Ford said, 'I sponsored a capped fundraiser to assist Dr. Blasey with her security expenses. She has access to the funds, and I understand she will draw upon them when she has the opportunity.'

"GoFundMe spokeswoman Katherine Cichy told RealClearInvestigations that Ford and her husband can withdraw as much as they want whenever they want for any purpose."

*rubbing temples*

Yes. And? As I said, she has not touched dime one. You have a point?
Old 7th November 2018, 09:13 AM   #1247
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

As I said, she has not touched dime one.

Do you ever supply any evidence to support your claims?

Answer: No!
Old 7th November 2018, 09:24 AM   #1248
Thermal
Philosopher

The fundraising evidence is out in the open on the GoFundMe site you provided. She has not touched dime one.

But speaking of evidenced claims, you misrepresented your claims about her having 5 fundraising accounts. I supplied evidence in the form of reading your links that you were either dishonest, did not read them, or do not understand them. Which is it?
Old 7th November 2018, 09:34 AM   #1249
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

The fundraising evidence is out in the open on the GoFundMe site you provided. She has not touched dime one.

"Once your GoFundMe starts receiving online donations, you can easily request a withdrawal at any time. Withdrawing money does not affect the progress meter displayed on your campaign."

-- GoFundMe: Answers to common fundraising questions
Old 7th November 2018, 09:52 AM   #1250
Thermal
Philosopher

"Once your GoFundMe starts receiving online donations, you can easily request a withdrawal at any time. Withdrawing money does not affect the progress meter displayed on your campaign."

-- GoFundMe: Answers to common fundraising questions
Oh, for gods sake. All the accounts were started and run by others, not Ford, so she had no access till they are turned over. Their totals indicate donations received, and not a white dime withdrawn by Ford or anyone else. She has not received a single dime as of yet.

Quoting irrelevancies does not back you up or give you credibility. Like for example, claiming she got money from 5 GoFudMe accounts. Gonna show some of that credibility you so prize and address that?
Old 7th November 2018, 09:54 AM   #1251
Belz...
Fiend God

Do you ever post your own thoughts?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 09:59 AM   #1252
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, for gods sake. All the accounts were started and run by others, not Ford, so she had no access till they are turned over. Their totals indicate donations received, and not a white dime withdrawn by Ford or anyone else. She has not received a single dime as of yet.

Quoting irrelevancies does not back you up or give you credibility. Like for example, claiming she got money from 5 GoFudMe accounts. Gonna show some of that credibility you so prize and address that?
What is the basis of your claim that "She has not received a single dime as of yet"?
Old 7th November 2018, 10:05 AM   #1253
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
What is the basis of your claim that "She has not received a single dime as of yet"?
That is the claim on the relevant GoFundMe sites, that Ford has no access yet but that the monies are pledged to her. Unless you propose a conspiracy where funds are being clandestinely transferred, I take them at their word.
Old 7th November 2018, 10:31 AM   #1254
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

That is the claim on the relevant GoFundMe sites, that Ford has no access yet but that the monies are pledged to her. Unless you propose a conspiracy where funds are being clandestinely transferred, I take them at their word.
here is one of the big ones, one on which Ford has actually posted

https://www.gofundme.com/help-christine-blasey-ford

I see nothing at all that supports your claim, please explain.
Old 7th November 2018, 10:54 AM   #1255
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
here is one of the big ones, one on which Ford has actually posted

https://www.gofundme.com/help-christine-blasey-ford

I see nothing at all that supports your claim, please explain.
All of the site's language in in the future tense, as in 'funds will be used' and 'the Ford family will be the beneficiaries'. Nothing about 'are being' used or 'have been' used.

But your point is fair, the tense of the language alone is not enough to support the claim I made. The allusion that scholarship funds and endowments were going into her pocket distracted me. And the security GFM (#2) claims that she is not yet in contact with Ford and no money has been transferred.

eta: forgot to say that Ford is not involved with 4 of the 5 accounts S&A cited as being her windfall. She 'will be' beneficiary of one, and the second pledges to, should the manager ever get in contact.

Last edited by Thermal; 7th November 2018 at 11:02 AM.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 12:28 PM   #1256
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

And the security GFM (#2) claims that she is not yet in contact with Ford and no money has been transferred.

"I have been in communication with Dr. Blasey Fordís representatives who have assured me that she will accept our assistance with security costs."

-- Heidi Feldman (Sept 18, 2018) GoFundMe Account 2 - Update 4
Old 7th November 2018, 12:33 PM   #1257
Silly Green Monkey
Cowardly Lurking in the Shadows of Greatness

"I have been in communication with Dr. Blasey Fordís representatives who have assured me that she will accept our assistance with security costs."

Highlighting to clear confusion.
Old 7th November 2018, 12:34 PM   #1258
Thermal
Philosopher

Slamming work. So you now provide confirmation that she has not received dime one out of at least 4 of the 5 accounts you claimed, and no evidence of getting a penny yet out of the main one.

How's your position statement doing on those accounts, BTW?
Old 7th November 2018, 12:46 PM   #1259
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

Christine Blasey Fraud is still accepting donations:
GoFundMe Account 1 -- ($634,351)

GoFundMe Account 2 -- ($209,987)

GoFundMe Account 3 -- ($57,155)

GoFundMe Account 4 -- ($48,813)

GoFundMe Account 5 -- ($31,246)

As of today, a total of $982,682 has been raised.

Approximately 3% of that total will be used to endow an academic chair and/or scholarships, to be named so as to recognize Dr. Blasey:

And the remainder of Dr. Fraud's $951,436 colossal windfall -- Party time!
Old 7th November 2018, 03:20 PM   #1260
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Approximately 3% of that total will be used to endow an academic chair and/or scholarships, to be named so as to recognize Dr. Blasey:

So a lightly better charity rating than the Trump foundation? Seems legit.

Can't wait to see the pics form the party. Maybe she'll use some of the money on a self portrait.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 04:01 PM   #1261
Belz...
Fiend God

Dishonesty seems to be your only tool.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2018, 05:05 PM   #1262
Thermal
Philosopher

My god, the lies.

You claimed Ford was still accepting donations and listed five 'accounts'.

Account 2 made by some stranger to help pay for security. Stopped accepting donations in September. She says, from your own link, 'If we raise more than Dr. Blasey needs, extra funds will go to womenís organizations and/or into an account to cover similar costs incurred in comparable situations.' No windfall.

Account 3 was set up by strangers to take out an ad in USA Today. Stopped accepting donations in September. Ford sees not a dime. You are a liar.

Account 4 was set up by some stranger initially for Fords legal bills, and has been since altered to fund legal assistance for all other accusers. Ford sees not a dime. You are a liar.

Account 5, as I already mentioned, is run by another stranger for an endowment that Ford sees not a dime of.

Go lie to someone else.
Old 12th November 2018, 09:14 PM   #1263
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

Quote:
Kavanaugh accuser still collecting pledge cash

Christine Blasey Ford is no longer in the headlines, but she’s still collecting cash through GoFundMe accounts.

As of Monday, more than $850,000 had been pledged to the two biggest online solicitations, with one of them, personally blessed by Ms. Blasey Ford, still raking in more than $4,000 over the weekend.

-- The Washington Times (Nov 12, 2018)

Christine Blasey Fraud continues to rake it in:
GoFundMe Account 1 -- ($645,947)

GoFundMe Account 2 -- ($209,982)

Last edited by Slings and Arrows; 12th November 2018 at 09:19 PM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics