IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bitcoin , cryptocurrency , education , fun

Old 11th May 2021, 03:26 PM   #41
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Chanakya View Post
Any idea how large? In terms of data requirement, I mean. Ballpark's fine.

Are you entirely sure?

Not doubting you personally -- and in any case, there would be little point to asking you if I did! -- but I don't really know all that much about the innards of computers, and, given that the people who developed this thing have already sprung one surprise on you, might they not have others worked into their product, that you might not be aware of?
The chain is probably around 1.3 GB in size.

Yes, I'm sure the wallet is not malware. I have not analyzed the code line by line but I have used the wallet for this coin for over two years now without issue. Nobody has "hacked" me.

Originally Posted by p0lka View Post
I distinctly remember using software to do protein folding and bitcoin mining around 2009, is there a way to get my mined bitcoins back?
If you have your wallet.dat file from the old Bitcoin wallet, sure. It's a simple matter of installing a new bitcoin wallet and adding your old wallet.dat file into the roaming app folder. Easy.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2021, 03:27 PM   #42
p0lka
Master Poster

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
If you have your wallet.dat file from the old Bitcoin wallet, sure. It's a simple matter of installing a new bitcoin wallet and adding your old wallet.dat file into the roaming app folder. Easy.
unfortunately not, physical pcs have long gone.

Just created the wallet, my deposit/receiving/gimme address is RUicR3Yveg22JMTMhZhhT3nxKHWDC3C5HG
don't know if i'm doing it right.

Last edited by p0lka; 11th May 2021 at 03:31 PM. Reason: typed gong instead of gone.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2021, 03:33 PM   #43
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

unfortunately not, physical pcs have long gone.

Just created the wallet, my deposit/receiving/gimme address is RUicR3Yveg22JMTMhZhhT3nxKHWDC3C5HG
don't know if i'm doing it right.
It's important to remember that this is a step by step procedure. You don't want to skip any steps.

1. Install the wallet and let it sync to the blockchain. (This will take a while as it has to download the blockchain)

2. After the wallet is caught up it will display a check mark in the lower right hand corner of the user interface.

3. Create a new payment address by first clicking on "Receive" at the top of the user interface, then select "Request Payment". A new payment address will pop up in a small window, click on "copy address" and paste it here on the forum. This will be your new payment address to which you can only receive deposits. It's ok and does not have to be kept secret. The only thing anyone could do with your payment address is to send you coins.

If your wallet is in sync and you have generated a new receiving address I will send a few coins as a test. But if not, those coins will be lost forever. Please confirm you have followed the steps.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2021, 03:37 PM   #44
p0lka
Master Poster

yeah sorry it's RS1t4nkkvdRibJdP7DbfwTcycrF32FLmxh

I didn't follow the instructions and just fiddled with the wallet.

EDIT: The check mark, is it supposed to be an x or a tick?
I'll wait a while, ignore the addresses sorry.

If the check is an x then i'm ready to go with either of the two addresses apparently.

Last edited by p0lka; 11th May 2021 at 03:55 PM.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2021, 04:13 PM   #45
p0lka
Master Poster

been staring at
Quote:
ROIcoin Core is shutting down...
Do not shut down the computer until this window disappears.
for about seven minutes now..
not impressed so far
any explanation?
Old 11th May 2021, 05:28 PM   #46
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

been staring at

for about seven minutes now..
not impressed so far
any explanation?
If the wallet is not synced it will delay shutdown for a few minutes when you exit the wallet. It's so the downloaded portion of the chain can be saved before exit.

yeah sorry it's RS1t4nkkvdRibJdP7DbfwTcycrF32FLmxh

I didn't follow the instructions and just fiddled with the wallet.

EDIT: The check mark, is it supposed to be an x or a tick?
I'll wait a while, ignore the addresses sorry.

If the check is an x then i'm ready to go with either of the two addresses apparently.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...ictureid=12830

When everything is correct it should look like the pic.

Added info: The "X" is just to let you know the miner portion of the wallet is off and not mining. Keep an eye open for the check mark far right, this will let you know the wallet is up to date and has downloaded the most recent blocks available.

Last edited by ChrisBFRPKY; 11th May 2021 at 05:51 PM. Reason: added info
Old 11th May 2021, 06:11 PM   #47
p0lka
Master Poster

I'm uninstalling and starting again, 0 connections yet ive let it through firewall
Old 11th May 2021, 06:37 PM   #48
Belz...
Fiend God

Nobody has "hacked" me.
How would you know?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2021, 07:55 PM   #49
p0lka
Master Poster

I've installed this software on two different computers, it doesn't sync on either of them but hangs and doesn't respond if I go into many of its settings.
Old 11th May 2021, 10:00 PM   #50
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

not syncing - no block source available.

I looked for solutions, but it's not like there is much up-to-date support for this thing.
Old 11th May 2021, 10:39 PM   #51
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

I've installed this software on two different computers, it doesn't sync on either of them but hangs and doesn't respond if I go into many of its settings.
Same problem here. I eventually closed the application to get a message that ROI coin was closing down (do not turn off the computer until it is closed). After waiting all night, I eventually had to force the application to abort. This isn't worth the hassle.

In any case, an application that requires you to download the entire blockchain is going to have the same problems as bitcoin. We really need a Ripple style setup with ledgers instead of a continuous chain of blocks.
Old 11th May 2021, 11:06 PM   #52
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by psionl0 View Post
Same problem here. I eventually closed the application to get a message that ROI coin was closing down (do not turn off the computer until it is closed). After waiting all night, I eventually had to force the application to abort. This isn't worth the hassle.

In any case, an application that requires you to download the entire blockchain is going to have the same problems as bitcoin. We really need a Ripple style setup with ledgers instead of a continuous chain of blocks.
well, this has been educational !
Old 11th May 2021, 11:43 PM   #53
Chanakya

The chain is probably around 1.3 GB in size.

Yes, I'm sure the wallet is not malware. I have not analyzed the code line by line but I have used the wallet for this coin for over two years now without issue. Nobody has "hacked" me.

That size seems doable.

And agreed, a stealth hack that sits quiet for over two years to then spring their hacking ransom demand or whatever, seems unlikely! If for two years you've done this unmolested then it seems reasonable that the thing's clean.
Chanakya is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th May 2021, 11:50 PM   #54
Chanakya

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post

I looked for solutions, but it's not like there is much up-to-date support for this thing.

Oh. Do update us here on whether and how this gets sorted.

I can see how getting one's hands dirty is the best way to understand how these things work, and I appreciate ChrisBFRPKY's going to a great deal of trouble to actually facilitate this. But there's no question of doing this on my work desktop or laptop, obviously; and of late my home (desktop) computer, which incidentally is fairly old, also has plenty of sensitive and ongoing work stuff.

Point being, if there's any risk at all to any of this being compromised, I'm not doing this. But if one's assured that one's machine, with all one's ongoing work stuff, won't crash down in protest, or, worse, get hacked away by some "rogue", well then this is a great opportunity for some free and probably fun learning, that I wouldn't want to pass up.

-------

Incidentally, and quite apart from this learning/teaching effort, ChrisBFRPKY (and/or anyone else who's familiar with these things) :

As far as this rogue developer, who's apparently made off with millions of his coins, what occurs to one is, if cryptocurrencies are susceptible to this kind of thing -- and, hey, you'd get to know that this has happened only after it has already happened, as this ROI story demonstrates -- then isn't that one glaring and probably insurmountable glitch to the very concept of cryptos? For whatever reason speculators may have not worried about this aspect too much in case of BTC, but that doesn't make that possibility go away!

And what also occurs to me is, why on earth would this rogue go rogue at all? I mean, that's the surest way to ensure all his coins become entirely worthless, and he'd be a fool to do this, surely? Yet do this he has. I'd think a better way for developers to try to get rich would be to quietly keep mining away honestly, while the coins are still low-effort, so that if their project takes off then they'll get rich. Going rogue like this seems a pretty stupid thing to do. What am I missing?
Chanakya is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2021, 04:32 AM   #55
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
OP: total newb here. Haven't even looked into crypto much because of how much it looks like a street corner hustle from what little I know. The only saving grace of the whole gig seems to be Bitcoin's undeniable success.

So. To a pure newb, it looks like this site is asking me to download a wallet, that my machine flags as malware, and I'm supposed to just trust them that it's all good and it will do something called mining that I'll have my computer doing something all the time and this makes me money. In theory.

Instead of downloading this to learn about it, as you say, can you explain it a bit? That's learning on the more traditional way. Learning by experience can turn out to be quite costly.
Any crypto program is almost certainly going to be flagged as malware. Infecting other people's computers with crypto malware and having them mine crypto unawares for the hacker is a common type of scam in the crypto world. I would be extremely wary of installing any mining software unless you are very, very confident in your tech skills. I wouldn't install it on any device that I wasn't willing to wipe clean if necessary. Unscrupulous crypto people are always looking for ways to foist off hardware and energy expenses that are intrinsic to the crypto model. Don't be a sucker.

My computer skills aren't really that good, I'm not confident I would know if my device was turned into a zombie mining rig by some hacker. I don't want to slander another forum member, but generally I'd be extremely cautious if anyone offered me free money and directed me to some sketchy software to download.

Last edited by SuburbanTurkey; 12th May 2021 at 04:33 AM.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2021, 05:04 AM   #56
psionl0
Skeptical about skeptics

Originally Posted by Tippit View Post
You really, really, don't like the idea of deflation, do you?
Why would anybody prefer a currency that is not stable? Deflation is no better than inflation but for different reasons. It discourages spending and it discourages investment - both of which are necessary to keep an economy functioning.

Why would you invest in a business that gives a negative rate of return when you could lose nothing by just hanging on to your deflationary currency?
Old 12th May 2021, 06:41 AM   #57
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
How would you know?
I'm not missing any coins, my computer has not been encrypted, nobody has asked me for BTC to unlock, no virus. The usual indications that everything is working as it should.
Old 12th May 2021, 07:17 AM   #58
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

well, this has been educational !
If you do not have any connections to the wallet you'll have to add a node to connect to manually. Usually a new wallet will find a node after a while but in some cases you'll have to add one manually.

OPTION 1.

My wallet has no issue connecting to 159.89.185.136:3377

To add a node manually: From the top menu of the wallet select "Help", from the drop down menu select "Debug window" then select "Console" when the console opens you'll see it's just a terminal window. In the text box you'll type the following:

addnode 159.89.185.136:3377 add

then press enter. Wait a few minutes and the wallet should connect and start downloading the chain.

OPTION 2:

Since this is a new install you may be missing the Roi.conf file in the root directory of the app. To have a look see if it's there or not you'll need to open file explorer in windows, select "This PC" select "OS C:", select "users", select your username for your PC in my case mine is "Chris", select "appdata" , Select "Roaming" , then the "ROIcoin" folder. Once your in the folder look for a file called "ROI.conf" if there is no file with this name, create one using notepad and save it the directory.

You'll need to open notepad and paste the hilited below in and save as ROI.conf

addnode=seed1.roi-coin.com 159.203.72.137

Once created, the ROI.conf file will load the node when you open the wallet.

I realize this may be new territory for some as it was for me. And yes it is actually a bit of work. One must decide if you're willing to learn. Don't give up at the first obstacle, you can do it.

Last edited by ChrisBFRPKY; 12th May 2021 at 07:25 AM. Reason: sp
Old 12th May 2021, 07:35 AM   #59
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

This is like the Brodude version of a MLM Meeting.

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2021, 07:37 AM   #60
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
This seems less fun than a MLM meeting. At least if you're getting fleeced into buying overpriced shampoo or leggings or whatever there's usually some light refreshments.
Old 12th May 2021, 07:38 AM   #61
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

Yeah at least Avon does make a couple of legit halfway functional products. If their business model wasn't so skeevy their Skin So Soft Bug Spray would be worth it.

"Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid." - Valery Legasov

Last edited by JoeMorgue; 12th May 2021 at 07:39 AM.
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2021, 07:38 AM   #62
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
Any crypto program is almost certainly going to be flagged as malware. Infecting other people's computers with crypto malware and having them mine crypto unawares for the hacker is a common type of scam in the crypto world. I would be extremely wary of installing any mining software unless you are very, very confident in your tech skills. I wouldn't install it on any device that I wasn't willing to wipe clean if necessary. Unscrupulous crypto people are always looking for ways to foist off hardware and energy expenses that are intrinsic to the crypto model. Don't be a sucker.

My computer skills aren't really that good, I'm not confident I would know if my device was turned into a zombie mining rig by some hacker. I don't want to slander another forum member, but generally I'd be extremely cautious if anyone offered me free money and directed me to some sketchy software to download.
This coin is an uncertain project. If you did the research, you'd already know this. It is currently not traded on any exchanges but it does have a working wallet and working blockchain. The wallet has a built in staking system and a built in miner that can only mine for the wallet owner and only if they choose to turn it on. Hence the reason for choosing this coin as the subject for the experiment. It allows the user to learn how to install, how to stake and how to mine their own crypto.

I also have millions of them which I'm happy to give out 100K each for anyone that wishes to play with cryptocurrency and learn how a wallet works. 100K is quite a nice HODL, though worthless at this time, if this project gets picked back up, the coins could actually be worth something in the future. It has happened many times before.
Old 12th May 2021, 07:44 AM   #63
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

This seems less fun than a MLM meeting. At least if you're getting fleeced into buying overpriced shampoo or leggings or whatever there's usually some light refreshments.
Yeah at least Avon does make a couple of legit halfway functional products. If their business model wasn't so skeevy their Skin So Soft Bug Spray would be worth it.
I realize it's uncomfortable when you have difficulties installing a new wallet. It takes some time to make things work. But anyone can do it if they're willing to put in the effort.

NEW INCENTIVE: First member to get their wallet synced up and working will receive half a million coins (500,000)
Old 12th May 2021, 07:45 AM   #64
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

We're not on Shark Tank. Chill.

Old 12th May 2021, 07:52 AM   #65
SuburbanTurkey
Penultimate Amazing

I would have thought hawking ****-coins on the forum would be a rule 6 violation, but here the thread still stands.
Old 12th May 2021, 07:56 AM   #66
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Chanakya View Post
Oh. Do update us here on whether and how this gets sorted.

I can see how getting one's hands dirty is the best way to understand how these things work, and I appreciate ChrisBFRPKY's going to a great deal of trouble to actually facilitate this. But there's no question of doing this on my work desktop or laptop, obviously; and of late my home (desktop) computer, which incidentally is fairly old, also has plenty of sensitive and ongoing work stuff.

Point being, if there's any risk at all to any of this being compromised, I'm not doing this. But if one's assured that one's machine, with all one's ongoing work stuff, won't crash down in protest, or, worse, get hacked away by some "rogue", well then this is a great opportunity for some free and probably fun learning, that I wouldn't want to pass up.

-------

Incidentally, and quite apart from this learning/teaching effort, ChrisBFRPKY (and/or anyone else who's familiar with these things) :

As far as this rogue developer, who's apparently made off with millions of his coins, what occurs to one is, if cryptocurrencies are susceptible to this kind of thing -- and, hey, you'd get to know that this has happened only after it has already happened, as this ROI story demonstrates -- then isn't that one glaring and probably insurmountable glitch to the very concept of cryptos? For whatever reason speculators may have not worried about this aspect too much in case of BTC, but that doesn't make that possibility go away!

And what also occurs to me is, why on earth would this rogue go rogue at all? I mean, that's the surest way to ensure all his coins become entirely worthless, and he'd be a fool to do this, surely? Yet do this he has. I'd think a better way for developers to try to get rich would be to quietly keep mining away honestly, while the coins are still low-effort, so that if their project takes off then they'll get rich. Going rogue like this seems a pretty stupid thing to do. What am I missing?
When the coin was listed on exchanges one of the devs devised a way to mint millions of new coins to sell. I suppose he expected that nobody would know the difference. Kinda like counterfeiting. The coin was immediately pulled from the exchanges and mining pools until the other devs could figure out a way to sort out the ill-gotten coins from the rest. Here we have the ongoing issue of how to fix the coin and why the project is currently in limbo.

As I said earlier, there may be an upcoming hard fork of this coin that will solve the issue. Or the coin may die an untimely death as many do. For now it's limited to just a tool for learning.
Old 12th May 2021, 08:07 AM   #67
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

I would have thought hawking ****-coins on the forum would be a rule 6 violation, but here the thread still stands.
I created this thread for those individuals with the desire to learn about cryptocurrency. Everyone should decide if this exercise is for them or not.

If you're here to learn welcome, if you're here to throw stones about crypto there are other threads for that.
Old 12th May 2021, 08:09 AM   #68
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

When the coin was listed on exchanges one of the devs devised a way to mint millions of new coins to sell. I suppose he expected that nobody would know the difference. Kinda like counterfeiting. The coin was immediately pulled from the exchanges and mining pools until the other devs could figure out a way to sort out the ill-gotten coins from the rest. Here we have the ongoing issue of how to fix the coin and why the project is currently in limbo.

As I said earlier, there may be an upcoming hard fork of this coin that will solve the issue. Or the coin may die an untimely death as many do. For now it's limited to just a tool for learning.
I'm sure you get that your approach does not seem 'instructional' to a skeptical eye. You seem to be pushing to get machines tied in and doing the work, even offering incentives to do so on the hurry-up. Not how most learning experiences are tailored, IME.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2021, 08:11 AM   #69
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

I created this thread for those individuals with the desire to learn about cryptocurrency. Everyone should decide if this exercise is for them or not.

If you're here to learn welcome, if you're here to throw stones about crypto there are other threads for that.
So when does the first cryptocoin funded Bigfoot expedition start?

Old 12th May 2021, 08:15 AM   #70
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

Learning is great. But you're not teaching. You're saying 'hurry up and tie in, I'll throw a ton of coins at you for zombifying your computer blindly. You'll figure it out later.'

Not trying to throw shade, but come on, man. You couldn't present this as more sketch if you tried.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -Mark Twain
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2021, 08:20 AM   #71
Belz...
Fiend God

I'm not missing any coins, my computer has not been encrypted, nobody has asked me for BTC to unlock, no virus. The usual indications that everything is working as it should.
No virus you can't know, and someone may be using your network for their own purposes without your knowledge. There are countless ways in which your computer could be compromised without your knowledge. That's why we advise people to stay away from certain types of sites and softwares.

Last edited by Belz...; 12th May 2021 at 08:22 AM.
Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th May 2021, 08:21 AM   #72
Belz...
Fiend God

I realize it's uncomfortable when you have difficulties installing a new wallet.
Especially since I have zero difficulty using actual money. What's in it for me?

Old 12th May 2021, 08:24 AM   #73
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
I'm sure you get that your approach does not seem 'instructional' to a skeptical eye. You seem to be pushing to get machines tied in and doing the work, even offering incentives to do so on the hurry-up. Not how most learning experiences are tailored, IME.
At a glance, please see post #58. If that's not instructional, I don't know what else to say.

As far as "incentives" yes I find there is more willingness to learn if incentives are included. And this is to be fun.
Old 12th May 2021, 08:25 AM   #74
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

So when does the first cryptocoin funded Bigfoot expedition start?
When did they stop?
Old 12th May 2021, 08:27 AM   #75
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

Especially since I have zero difficulty using actual money. What's in it for me?
I dunno? Do you have a desire to learn about cryptocurrencies first hand?
Old 12th May 2021, 08:29 AM   #76
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

That's what the Cyptocurrency fanboys refuse to answer.

What do I do with my Cryptocurrency once I have it?

Old 12th May 2021, 08:37 AM   #77
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

That's what the Cyptocurrency fanboys refuse to answer.

What do I do with my Cryptocurrency once I have it?
You can do lots of stuff with Cryptocurrency. You can stake it to get interest payments on the amount of coins you hold. You can mine it and get more coins. You can hold it and hope for an increase in value.

And it's entirely possible the coins we're using in this exercise may one day be worth something again. You never know.
Old 12th May 2021, 08:38 AM   #78
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

You can do lots of stuff with Cryptocurrency. You can stake it to get interest payments on the amount of coins you hold. You can mine it and get more coins. You can hold it and hope for an increase in value.

And it's entirely possible the coins we're using in this exercise may one day be worth something again. You never know.
That was nowhere near an answer.

Old 12th May 2021, 08:46 AM   #79
ChrisBFRPKY
Illuminator

That was nowhere near an answer.
Please restate the question and I will gladly answer. I would like to be certain exactly what you're asking in order to give you the answer you require.

You asked: "What do I do with my Cryptocurrency once I have it?"

I answered a few things you could do with Cryptocurrency, if that's not sufficient, please elaborate.
Old 12th May 2021, 08:47 AM   #80
Thermal
Penultimate Amazing

At a glance, please see post #58. If that's not instructional, I don't know what else to say.

As far as "incentives" yes I find there is more willingness to learn if incentives are included. And this is to be fun.
Yeah, post #58 is not 'learning about cryptocurrency', it's instructions on how to hurry-up and get hooked into the system.

Not sure how you intend this, but it sounds an awful lot like getting machines tied in to save a failing system, possibly due to the rouge dev or whatever. There's no learning presented, and a lot of 'just hurry up and get hooked up. I'll give you half a million coins if you super hurry (which suggests these are borderline worthless so the risk/payoff ratio slips).

An example of learning: tell us about the ultra-low power consumption, versus the current common model that requires building dedicated rigs with cooling ability and high electric bills.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Economics, Business and Finance