IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags FOTL , Freeman on the Land , Rob Menard

Closed Thread
Old 29th June 2010, 08:52 AM   #161
Worm
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
No he means Heineken. In the UK there was a series of ads based around 'If Heineken did X it would be the best X in the world'
Wasn't that Carlsberg?

Not all cults are bad - I've joined a cult of niceness
Worm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th June 2010, 09:26 AM   #162
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by jargon buster View Post
Just look how desperate Menard is to have his ego massaged.
Can you believe he actually started this thread.
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122789

JB/Asky
He's jerking off in public,
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th June 2010, 10:16 AM   #163
Sledge
Grammaton Cleric

Looks like he's lost what little grip on sanity he may have had.

"Science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop" ~ Dara O'Briain.
Sledge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th June 2010, 10:17 AM   #164
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Worm View Post
Wasn't that Carlsberg?
Yes, I already admitted my error. obviously my Heineken didn't reach the parts they claim it does.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th June 2010, 11:55 AM   #165
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Yes, I already admitted my error. obviously my Heineken didn't reach the parts they claim it does.
One small mistake about the Heine can lead to lots of bad posts.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th June 2010, 12:43 PM   #166
Aitch

Heineken, Carlsberg, whatever; they're both like making love in a punt.

*********** close to water.

Interesting number of asterisks to replace a seven letter word!

Last edited by Aitch; 29th June 2010 at 12:44 PM.
Aitch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 29th June 2010, 01:25 PM   #167
jargon buster
Banned

Quote:
Looks like he's lost what little grip on sanity he may have had.
I hope I had a hand in that.

That will teach him for banning people off his site.

JB/Asky
jargon buster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 02:18 PM   #168
jargon buster
Banned

Hes making a bit of a fool of himself again on Ickes.
Hes recruiting peace officers??????
Talk about double standards, he's spent the last 8 years fighting the system now he's doing his best to put people before the courts.
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=126247
So its clown again I think.

one too many shandys again.

JB/asky
jargon buster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 02:43 PM   #169
sadhatter
Philosopher

Talk about double standards, he's spent the last 8 years fighting the system now he's doing his best to put people before the courts.

JB/asky
You know with rob i have to make it funny or i just may go down to where he lives and scream insults at him untill my throat collapses, or the police take me away for evaluation.

But i am envisioning the worst game of d and d anyone has ever played with rob and his band of merry men as the party.

DM - So you guys find a troll what do you do ?

Rob- Well i say we battle it!

Patsy 1 - wait i didn't consent to that.

Rob- ....okay, so what should we do?

Patsy 2- Reason with it?

Rob- It's a troll you don't reason with a troll, i do not consent to that plan.

Patsy 2 - You have a better idea?

Rob- yes, we battle it!

Patsy 1- Yeah i consent to that.

Patsy 2 - I still don't.

**6 hours later**

DM - SO THE ****** TROLL DIES OF STARVATION, YOU FIND A BAG OF GOLD ON IT'S BODY WHAT DO YOU DO!

Rob- I take it , then offer lessons on how to find your own bag of gold.

DM - Okay, roll your bluff check.

Rob- who says i consented to roll anything?

And on and on like this endlessly till the dm commits suicide.
sadhatter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 02:53 PM   #170
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

JB/asky

Oh, so the Criminal code of Canada isn't a "statute" and applies even to Freemen, because it refers to "every one" who commits an offense.

Too bad for Rob that the CC actually seems to use "every one" and "person" largely interchangeably....

http://laws.justice.gc.ca/eng/C-46/p...a:l_II-gb:s_46
Old 21st July 2010, 03:02 PM   #171
jargon buster
Banned

Hes also failed to recognise the fact that the Peace Officer Act is a statute and as such he must accept statute law to become a peace officer.
He has really blown it this time.
I dont think he ever recovered from when he used statute law to claim copyright of his WFS logo.

JB
Old 21st July 2010, 03:04 PM   #172
carlitos
"más divertido"

He's just having a laugh.

Quote:
The Canadian Common Corps of Peace Officers
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
INVITATION TO SERVE
July, 20, 2010
The Canadian Common Corps of Peace Officers.
He later refers to it as "3CPO."
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 03:16 PM   #173
jargon buster
Banned

Having a laugh?
http://forum.worldfreemansociety.org...407d9f6fefe336
He's posted it on his own site.

JB
Old 21st July 2010, 03:25 PM   #174
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Menard please take note:

http://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta/cour...xntlid=thbz_hm

Yeah, "Freeman Tax Patriot" tactics to avoid paying taxes Really work well, as Mr Snipes will find out over the next year of so.
Not quite as bad as Lohan, but still it's in the "How The Mighty Have Fallen" department.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 21st July 2010, 10:43 PM   #175
LightinDarkness
Master Poster

I *LOVE* this! Hes sending this intent to create an illegal police force to to law professors in Canada to invite them to have the "honor" of being on the board of this illegal entity. I wonder what will happen when he gets 0 replies.

Of course, there *are* crazy academics out there. They are in the minority, but we do have some crazy people in the ivory tower. He might get someone to respond - which I'm sure hell trumpet over all the rest of them declining his offer to commit an illegal act.

However, I think we should encourage him. Whats going to happen if he goes through this? Hes only going to go to jail and so will everyone else involved in this the MINUTE they try to "keep the peace" in ANY capacity. I know we don't like to make woos martyrs, but I really am looking forward to the court trial on this one.
LightinDarkness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:56 AM   #176
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

[quoteRecognizing that the Criminal Code of Canada identifies any person hired to maintain the public peace as a peace officer, the people of Canada have taken it upon themselves to hire each other as peace officers, now empowered to deal with the existing and seemingly out of control police officers of Canada. They have the power to arrest, apprehend, charge and prosecute police officers who act without respect to the Criminal Code of Canada.
[/quote]

I would love to be there when he tries to arrest a real Cop!!
After he arrests them what does he do? Has he got his own jail?
Kidnapping a police officer?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2010, 02:04 AM   #177
Hans
Philosopher

At what point does this clown cross into rebellion?
Hans is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2010, 12:03 PM   #178
ComsatAngel2017
Muse

This just gets better and better! Allow me to go make some popcorn ...
ComsatAngel2017 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2010, 10:22 AM   #179
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
Right after he gets done vacationing.

Have a great Friday! Later I am heading camping down by the river to photograph grizzlies and elk.

It occurs to me that if Rob is a police officer he'll have to arrest his own followers.
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:07 AM   #180
sadhatter
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Hans View Post
If andy kaufman wasn't hiding because he is pulling the worlds biggest joke i am sure he would tell us.

( i kid , i kid, )
sadhatter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2010, 11:20 AM   #181
carlitos
"más divertido"

I keep picturing a clown on a cross as I read that. Which would no doubt lead to rebellion.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2010, 03:17 PM   #182
Stacey Grove
Graduate Poster

Terry Bouffard, a protege of Menard has just found out that perhaps a fee schedule may not in fact be enforceable. He's posted this on WFS and asks Menard for advice:
Quote:
A bit of a bad day everyone.

Had the manditory settlement meeting today in my small claim against the London Chief of Police. My claim was that he didn't pay his bill I sent him as per my fee schedule.

Here is how that meeting went as best as I can remember it. It was held in a private room:

Judge Potter was the judge in there (a woman that seem to be in her 50’s)
Miss. Woziak was the lawyer representing the defense. Apparently she worked for a law firm that is on retainer from the City or the Police Services.

I first asked the judge if this meeting was considered ‘on camera’. She didn’t understand so I said ‘as in judges chambers’. She didn’t say yes or no, she said ‘It’s a private meeting to try and openly and frankly settle the matter.

The lawyer said “May I plug in a lap top, I have a video that I would like to show you”. The judge said “No, this is not a trial and I won’t be reviewing that kind of evidence here today.”

I then asked why isn’t Murray Faulkner here? The forms say he must be here or have a court order that excuses him. The lawyer said that she is the council and that she has the authorized people at the Police Services who can negotiate something ready to take her call if needed.

The judge then said I’ve gone over the paper filed for both sides and must say I’m confused. I’ve never seen anything like it before. What is a Freeman? To that I said “What does it matter? Are we not here today to discuss the claim?”

“How is this a claim?” The judge said. “Did I not have a contract with Murray Faulkner?” I asked. And the judge said “Did he sign anything?” I said ”Does he half to? Does not his silence indicate his agreement?”

The judge then said “What is a ‘Fee Schedule’? I’ve never heard of such a thing”. I was a bit stunned at this because the small claims court brochures have a ‘Fee Schedule’ listed in those.

I can’t remember the exact series of event that happened next so I’ll just throw out the things that were said as best as I can remember. The meeting took about 15 minutes.

Judge: I want to know more the Freeman stuff that is mentioned.
Me: Okay, but how does that relate to anything were here to settle today?
Lawyer: Let me see if I can help you and Mr. Bouffard can correct me if I’m wrong but I’ve been trying myself to study them and haven’t found much but it appears that it’s a movement that started in the States and they only obey the common law…..
Me: A Freeman is mentioned in the Magna Carta. It’s my understanding that the foundation of this court is in the Magna Carta and common law as stated in its own publications.
Lawyer: But the common law is now part of statute…
Me: I am a member of the World Freeman Society (judges eyes get a slightly bit bigger when I said that) but I still don’t see how that affects my claim.

Me: The Chief and I had an agreement. Did he not get the notorial presentment as per the bills of exchange act? Isn’t a notary an officer of this court? Are you going to ignore the testimony of an officer of this court?
Judge: What? A notary is just someone who witnesses stuff. You are totally wrong.
Me: Were talking about the maxims of commercial law here and I even filed them into the case.
Judge: What do you mean?
Me: A maxim of law (blank stare from judge) Blacks law 8th edition, a Maxim is a traditional legal principal that has been frozen into a concise expression. And some of the commercial maxims, An unrebutted affidavit stands as truth in commerce.
Judge: Where do you get this stuff from? There was no contract. Where was the performance? The compensation?
Me: The chiefs men ordered me to do things and I complied under protest and duress as they had guns.
Judge: How is that a contract?
Me: I performed their orders and had a fee schedule that listed the costs, you know, as if you were to go into a restaurant, order from a menu and then pay the bill. Did you sign any contract before you ordered the food?
Judge: (Look of confusion) Well no, that’s not the same.

Judge: The argument from the defense (that this claim is frivolous and vexatious) is well taken and I’m dismissing this claim.
Me: May I appeal that decision?
Judge : I don’t know…
Me: Listen, let me say one more thing; If we are all equal before the law and Murray Faulkner Chief of Police may do business with the public as stated in his own publication taken from the police website, may I also not do business with him?
Judge: Where do you get this stuff?

Judge: I agree with the defense that Murray Faulkner Chief of Police is not the proper defendant in this and I’m going to dismiss this claim and does the defense have any expenses that it seeks?
Lawyer: We have seen a number of similar type of paperwork from other Freemen and we would like to send a message to them so we are seeking $100.00 as we are on retainer and having not gone to trial there are not many expenses….
Judge: Well there was some filings fees correct? I’m going to order the plaintiff to pay $200.00
Me: May I appeal that?
Judge: That is something you are going to have to look into. And may I say that I don’t know if you do this for a living or what but I suggest you come up with something more constructive to do with your life.
Me: If I don’t stand up for my rights, no one will.

End of meeting.

Here is all that was filed in the case from both sides:
http://www.4shared.com/document/ptKE...inst_Chie.html

http://www.4shared.com/document/PYSr...orm_sent_.html

http://www.4shared.com/document/9dHq...led_by_me.html

http://www.4shared.com/document/WyJc...y_defence.html

So, I guess I'm going to have to look into an appeal. There is probably a good chance they will reject it if they are all like this at this court.

I probably did some sort of public / private mix up but I have a good feeling this judge wouldn't care at all. She seemed to have had her mind made up before I went into the room.

Terry

Terry then asks Menard how to collect the fee schedule.
Menard's response has me in stitches:

Quote:
I would use a claim of right, and claim the right to seize and auction off one of their cars. Once I had that document, I would sell it on ebay and force them to either buy it, or sell it to someone who would have fun with it.
It's all here:

http://forum.worldfreemansociety.org...4078&start=180

Last edited by Stacey Grove; 23rd July 2010 at 03:24 PM.
Stacey Grove is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2010, 04:47 PM   #183
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Seize a police car?

that I would love to see!
Old 23rd July 2010, 04:56 PM   #184
LightinDarkness
Master Poster

You can just see the FMOTL world falling down around them in that quoted post. My favorite part is:

Quote:
Me: The Chief and I had an agreement. Did he not get the notorial presentment as per the bills of exchange act? Isn’t a notary an officer of this court? Are you going to ignore the testimony of an officer of this court?
Judge: What? A notary is just someone who witnesses stuff. You are totally wrong.
Me: Were talking about the maxims of commercial law here and I even filed them into the case.
Judge: What do you mean?
Me: A maxim of law (blank stare from judge) Blacks law 8th edition, a Maxim is a traditional legal principal that has been frozen into a concise expression. And some of the commercial maxims, An unrebutted affidavit stands as truth in commerce.
Judge: Where do you get this stuff from? There was no contract. Where was the performance? The compensation?
Me: The chiefs men ordered me to do things and I complied under protest and duress as they had guns.
Judge: How is that a contract?
Me: I performed their orders and had a fee schedule that listed the costs, you know, as if you were to go into a restaurant, order from a menu and then pay the bill. Did you sign any contract before you ordered the food?
Judge: (Look of confusion) Well no, that’s not the same.
Judge: The argument from the defense (that this claim is frivolous and vexatious) is well taken and I’m dismissing this claim.
Thats right, Freemen - you've been lied to. All the power you've ascribed to notaries? Doesn't exist in reality. All these latin legal maxims? Most of them made up, no basis in the real law. You can't just send out frivolous legal documents and think you've won because someone doesn't respond in the X amount of days you set forth.

What most amazes me is the judge was completely honest and truthful with him and basically told him his entire case was based on fictional legal concepts that have no merit in a courtroom, and hes asking Rob Menard for help. If this isn't banging your head against the wall and demanding the wall to move for you, I don't know what is.

Quote:
Judge: That is something you are going to have to look into. And may I say that I don’t know if you do this for a living or what but I suggest you come up with something more constructive to do with your life.
Me: If I don’t stand up for my rights, no one will.
Whats sad is that by "standing up" for is rights by engaging in legal woo all he just did was ensure that any legitimate claim he MAY have had is dismissed and now hes got to pay court costs. Oh, the irony.

Quote:
I probably did some sort of public / private mix up but I have a good feeling this judge wouldn't care at all. She seemed to have had her mind made up before I went into the room.
Yeah, see this fiasco and utter failure could NOT have been because FMOTL has no basis in the law and anyone engaging in it ends up doing harm to themselves instead of helping...it must be because they didn't perform some part of the legal ritual correctly. This entire thing happened because this guy embraced FMOTL woo and send out frivolous "claims of right" to everyone in the country and de-registered his car and got caught.

Option 1: Write up and sign 20 frivolous legal documents that have no basis in any actual law and send them to every local/national official in the country. Remove registration from my car and think that I now have the right to go wherever I want without registration. Get caught, spend 6 months and over $2k in various expenses deluging the court with legal documents that make them think your nuts. Lose the case.
Option 2: Pay the $50 (or whatever it is) yearly fee to keep the car registered, realizing I am using goods that aren't free when I use my car like ROADS and TRAFFIC LIGHTS all of which have to be paid for.

Which is the easier option?

Last edited by LightinDarkness; 23rd July 2010 at 05:05 PM.
LightinDarkness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 23rd July 2010, 06:00 PM   #185
BaaBaa
Semi-literate hench-person

[quoteRecognizing that the Criminal Code of Canada identifies any person hired to maintain the public peace as a peace officer, the people of Canada have taken it upon themselves to hire each other as peace officers, now empowered to deal with the existing and seemingly out of control police officers of Canada. They have the power to arrest, apprehend, charge and prosecute police officers who act without respect to the Criminal Code of Canada.

I didn't consent to this hippie nonsense.

Also, how do you arrest a police officer? They're the ones with guns, yeah?
Old 23rd July 2010, 06:08 PM   #186
BaaBaa
Semi-literate hench-person

Quote:
Me: I am a member of the World Freeman Society (judges eyes get a slightly bit bigger when I said that) ....
I'll bet a cookie that what he took for dismay was incredulity and/or confusion.
Old 24th July 2010, 05:51 AM   #187
ComsatAngel2017
Muse

Mr Bouffard is lucky to only be charged £100 by the solicitor! Also, is there a rule about FMOTL? - their surname has to rhyme with - ah you can see it coming.

I also wonder what the video that Miss Woziak had was about. Still, if there are more of these vexatious and frivolous claims in the pipeline, we may find out. Splendid entertainment, thanks very much for posting, Stacey Grove.
ComsatAngel2017 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 24th July 2010, 07:29 AM   #188
LashL
Goddess of Legaltainment™

Menard is a buffoon.

He's rambling on about being a "peace officer" in Alberta and when someone mentioned the Peace Officer Act of Alberta, he claimed that it didn't exist. Then when they posted a link to it, he claimed that well, it has only existed for a short time (since 2006), as if that somehow mattered, but the reality is that the Peace Officer Act was enacted to get rid of the "special constable" provisions of the longstanding Police Act of Alberta, and repealed and amended various sections of the Police Act. The "new" Act is about changing terminology, but the same provisions and necessary requirements for becoming a Peace Officer have been in Alberta statutes for eons.

Like I said, buffoon.
LashL is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 25th July 2010, 04:31 PM   #189
jargon buster
Banned

Ive just e-mailed this link to the Vancouver Sun newspaper reporters

Lets see if they give him an expose

JB
Old 27th July 2010, 09:50 AM   #190
LizardLover
Student

First, hi all. First time poster, long time anti-FMOTL-er.

This to me sums it all up.

Rob Said: Terry are you a paid in full member of the WFS?
Terry Said: Hi Rob Yes I am.
Rob Said: Loads of support available for you then. We should chat. If you want. Got Skype?

So Terry has dumped $250 into Rob's pockets, so we know there is at least 1 paying member to the WFS. lol. What sad is Terry has failed every step of the way and yet can't admit it and keeps "fighting the fight." As usual, Rob's "advice" is cryptic and doesn't serve as any real advice.

I would have to vote both for an answer to the OP. He is a con man, he schemes people out their money and into following his ways, yet he doesn't practice the walk himself, and yet he is a clown because he can't even be bother to do a good job at his sermon. See any of his videos with the whiteboard and the chirstmas lights around it? He wears the same hat in all his videos, his PDF's that you can buy are horrible documents done with WordArt, terrible color schemes and don't really make any sense. He's like the snake oil salesman who can't even afford matching bottles and labels and bottles his elixir in recycled beer bottles and just writes snakeoil across the label.

Last edited by LizardLover; 27th July 2010 at 09:51 AM.
LizardLover is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 28th July 2010, 02:22 AM   #191
gtm
Muse

Originally Posted by LashL View Post
Menard is a buffoon.

He's rambling on about being a "peace officer" in Alberta and when someone mentioned the Peace Officer Act of Alberta, he claimed that it didn't exist. Then when they posted a link to it, he claimed that well, it has only existed for a short time (since 2006), as if that somehow mattered, but the reality is that the Peace Officer Act was enacted to get rid of the "special constable" provisions of the longstanding Police Act of Alberta, and repealed and amended various sections of the Police Act. The "new" Act is about changing terminology, but the same provisions and necessary requirements for becoming a Peace Officer have been in Alberta statutes for eons.

Like I said, buffoon.
Don't you mean 'Bouffard'?
gtm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st July 2010, 03:46 PM   #192
jargon buster
Banned

Just been over to Ickes, look what hes up to now
http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127872
Quote:
 AREA ‘A’. MAIN ENTRANCE Parking lot, workshops, garage, black smith shop, fuel storage. water purification, laundry, generator, brewery, community garden #1, chicken coops,

small yellow circle - Inspiration Point. Inspiring and dangerous location. You have to see it...

Community Centre - Longhouse, Cookhouse, Theatre, Baths, Library, General Store, Cafe/Pub, Stage, Playground, First Aid Station, Teaching Centre,

Beach and Play Area - Cabana, Sweat Lodge, Sauna, Water Slide, Beach, Canoes, Fishing tackle, Fire Pit,

Recording Studio - High End Subterranean recording studio,

Water and Sewage
Water will be drawn from the river, filtered, treated, rendered potable and made available to be picked up.
Closed loop water filtration will be used for baths, laundry and other washing uses.
Decomposition toilets along with outhouses will be used for human waste.
Composting will be used for the gardens.

Power and Communications
25 Kw generator onsite
Access to flowing water for electricity generation
WiFi coverage
Solar powered path lighting
Solar & wood heated showers

Lighting
Solar recharged LED lighting in the cabins

Emergency Services
Fire Suppression using ATV and water trailer
Fire Extinguishers of the pump type
Smoke detectors in all cabins

Camping
Tent sites available for rental during the summer

Offered Experiences

The goal is to create a magical place, where people have their own cottages/cabins that are fairly secluded, yet they will be close to a central common area. In that area is a longhouse, theatre, baths, fire pit, out door stage, learning centre, cookhouse, first aid station, general store.

Incorporating high efficiency LED lighting, solar cells, and generators, we expect to be able to operate off grid, with sufficient power available to operate all needed equipment.

Each cottage/cabin will be crafted of local materials, made with logs, straw bales, stones and earth. We will also be willing to accept dome homes, hobbit houses, and other alternative building technologies. The goal is to create an awesome cottage which can be rented out when you the builder are not using it. Accompanying each cottage/cabin will be either tent pads, or smaller cabins suitable for short term rentals.

The community will seek to attract teachers, healers, musicians, artists, artisans, craftsman and builders. Offering a plethora of courses and activities such as blacksmithing, glass blowing, pottery, organic gardening, log cabin building, archery and bow building, Tae Kwon Do, healing arts and other topics we hope to offer a unique and inspiring camping and retreat experience. We are looking for freedom loving, peaceful gentle souls who can see the importance of working interdependently for the abundance of all. By incorporating efficient high technology, with a rustic and low impact building technologies, we can have the best of the easy rustic life without sacrificing too much in the way of convenience and free time.

We are also looking at using alternative and renewable energy sources, such as wood pile decomposition, water turbines, wind power, solar cells, and even geo thermal. We are seeking pioneer spirits who want to help build this camp ground and retreat centre.

Once the cottages are built, the builders have the choice of living in them, and being part of the community full time, or using them as a vacation spot, with them being rented out when not in use. The builders get 50% of the rental fees generated, with the rest going to the house keeping, advertising and promotions, upkeep and infrastructure. Builders are encouraged to be inspired in the construction of their cottages and structures and outside areas, as this will make them easier to rent. A website will be created with pictures of the available rentals, and booking will be accepted online.

One of the big items we seek to build is a music recording studio, buried into the hillside, and made using straw bale construction, we would like to offer a secluded and soul inspiring recording experience. We hope to be able to attract musicians who will appreciate the natural beauty and surroundings. We will also have a video editing suite, along with high end camera gear for budding cinematographers.

We also foresee a large conference and festival area, and hope to offer unique facilities for meetings, lectures, retreats, family reunions, and team building exercises.

Key Players
The land is owned by Ray House, a Metis Canadian with extensive construction skills. He is a Sensei of Tae Kwon Do, and is world renown in certain circles for his skills and abilities in a dojo. Part of the offered experience is a chance to train with Ray on a daily basis. Lessons will also be offered to campers and guests.

Joining him is Ole’ Timer Al, a hardy 75 year old with a vast knowledge on topics such as building log cabins and just about anything else, preparing hides, hunting, blacksmithing, outdoor survival, self sufficiency, and enjoys telling stories. He can likely out work and run you, is strong like an ox, and knows how to build cabins. He will also offer lessons to guests on a wide variety of topics.

Dave Astrop will be construction foreman, and has decades of experience in construction, understands the vision and purpose, and is close friends and a student of both Ray and Al.

Robert Menard is a competent stone mason and builder and is head bottle washer.

Workshop Area
We have an area we will dedicate to work shops and garages. This will include a blacksmith shop, glass blower and ceramics shop, work shop with mill and lathe, garage for auto repair, emergency generator, and a water filtration and treatment plant, along with our emergency fire fighting ATV and trailer.

Community Area
The large central community area will be the heart of the site. There is a large 2000sf long house already built, along with a cooking and eating area, and an existing cabin, along with a bath shack, and we will build around those a Cookhouse, Theatre, Library, General Store, Cafe/Pub, Stage, Playground, First Aid Station, Teaching Centre. It will be a cool little gathering and socializing spot.

Your Cottage/Cabin
We provide most of the materials in the form of poplar trees, tools, land, and expertise in building these cabins. We have a collection of wood stoves, windows, rocks, and other building materials. Many hands make light work, and by working as a coordinated crew, we can build many cabins before the snow falls and prepare areas for the spring. You do have to be willing to work hard for a dozen or more weeks, and since you will have to eat, and we have to build the infrastructure and common areas, we are asking for $100 per adult.

This money will be spent to feed you, and creation of the music studio and common area along with the infrastructure. You will have to provide some of your own materials depending on what you wish to build. We are not going for tar paper shacks, but log cabins, straw bale construction or a mixture of the two, domes, earth-ships, adobe walls, hobbit house, all of these are acceptable and what we are seeking. We wish to have minimal impact on the land, and incorporate conservationist ideals, and environmentally conscious building methods.

Once built we will be looking to rent the cabins at $20 a night, or $100 a week. That is of course, provided the builders are not staying there. Ideally we are looking for musicians, craftsmen, artisans who will want to live there and be part of the draw. We are specifically looking for a blacksmith, glass blower, baker, healers and teachers of just about any topic. In this way we can offer an experience which is far more fulfilling and enjoyable.

If you cannot afford the $100 a week, yet you wish to be a part, we will accept sweat equity and help you find employment locally so you can feed yourself. However, in order to work, we all have to eat, and by pooling our resources, and consolidating the cooking chores, we get a lot more done and spend less time preparing individual meals.

Activities and Recreation
In the summer, we will offer canoeing, fishing, camping, entertainment, sports and games,and just about all standard camping activities. However we will include the opportunity to learn old things, such as blacksmithing, or glass blowing, or cabin building, or offer sit down courses studying all manner of topics and subjects, from law, organic farming, martial arts, and just about anything else.

In the winter we can offer snowmobile trails, hunting cabins, snow shoeing, cross country skiing, winter survival courses, ice fishing, and seminars. Or just winter cabining. A cosy cabin, with a hot wood stove, watching the snow pile up, as you cuddle with your sweetie, is not a bad way to spend time.

There is also an abundance of wildlife. Deer, elk, moose, and of course those that prey on them abound. For those interested in spotting wildlife, or hunting, this area is abundant. There is also fish in the river, and the water is clean and potable after simple filtration and treatment.

Infrastructure Development
-There is developed system of paths and roads in place, along with a few cleared spots where there had been cabins, and there are three or four large garden plots.
- A shared infrastructure and developed common areas will be required. Much of the lighting will be by high efficiency LEDs powered by a 24V system.
- Community garden plots will allow use of tractors for the heavy work, while making it easier to keep out deer and other pests.
- A water filtration and treatment system will be established for potable water.
- Fire suppression and warning system will be a key to a safe community. We will have an ATV with a tank of water and a pump on a trailer. All cabins will have smoke detectors.

- We wish to have full WiFi coverage to all cabins. There are lines very nearby that would allow our LAN to access the intrerwebtubes.
A community laundry will be established, as will workshops for various functions.
- We have bobcats, backhoes, tractors, and earth moving equipment for the heavy work, along with all the hand and power tools needed.

Share Plans
Plan A:
Partnership- $100 a week per adult for 13 weeks while we build. You can live in the cabin year round if you wish. When not there we take care of it for you and rent it out. It is there when you want it, as a vacation cabin. We use that money to feed you while we build and to fund the shared infrastructure and the common areas. Ideally you will be an artisan, or artist couple, or do something that we can advertise and will cause people to want to visit, and learn from you, and will add to the uniqueness of the guests experience. We want people who want to be part of this community, and help to develop and grow it.

Plan B:
Sweat Equity - You help us build our common areas, and you pay for your food, and you can stay there all year, for free in one of the cabins when they are vacant. We can also help you find work up here in the construction field, and you can use this as a base of operations, so you can earn enough to build your own cabin during phase two during which you will have first dibs on cabin sites.

Plan C:
Fun Working Holiday Camp - You come build with us, pay nothing, share our meals, bring your own food for extras, and camp out, and you can visit and stay freely anytime. You get to train with Ray House and learn from Ole Timer Al. If there are cabins available we set you up in one of those, if not, we will have tenting areas available. During Phase two and our expansion, you will have second dibs in new cabin building opportunities as they arise.
Old 31st July 2010, 04:17 PM   #193
Toke
Godless Socialist

Quote:
One of the big items we seek to build is a music recording studio, buried into the hillside, and made using straw bale construction
Straw bales and hillsides sound like a bad combination to me.

Anyway, it sounds like some standard new age resort/hippie commune idea.
How many of those are still around?
Could a freeman run one?

My guess is that there are room for a few, but this will not be one of them.
See http://da.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thylejren

Toke is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st July 2010, 05:37 PM   #194
Sledge
Grammaton Cleric

Originally Posted by Toke View Post
Straw bales and hillsides sound like a bad combination to me.
Their next one will be built from sticks. Then The Man will huff and puff...

"Science knows it doesn't know everything, otherwise it would stop" ~ Dara O'Briain.
Sledge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 31st July 2010, 05:49 PM   #195
Toke
Godless Socialist

Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
Their next one will be built from sticks. Then The Man will huff and puff...
It sounds too much like a set-up for Rob the bricklayer to save the day.

Toke is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st August 2010, 06:44 AM   #196
jargon buster
Banned

for a reasonable fee, one would hope

JB
Old 1st August 2010, 07:57 AM   #197
Mojo
Mostly harmless

Quote:
The community will seek to attract teachers, healers, musicians, artists, artisans, craftsman and builders.

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/The_Fal...eginald_Perrin

Quote:
Reggie:
"You realise the sort of people you're going to attract, don't you Jimmy? Thugs, bully-boys, psychopaths, sacked policemen, security guards, sacked security guards, racialists, Paki-bashers, queer-bashers, Chink-bashers, anybody-bashers, Rear Admirals, queer Admirals, Vice-Admirals, fascists, neo-fascists, crypto-fascists, loyalists, neo-loyalists, crypto-loyalists."

Jimmy:
"Do you really think so? I thought support might be difficult."

"The poor mystic homeopaths feel like petted house-cats thrown at high flood on the breaking ice." - Leon Trotsky
Mojo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st August 2010, 09:01 AM   #198
tuc0

http://www.davidicke.com/forum/showthread.php?t=127872

Sounds like a good setting for a slasher movie.

Deadman Valley
"They are off the grid. He is off his meds. Now even The Man can't save them."
tuc0 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 1st August 2010, 09:42 AM   #199
LightinDarkness
Master Poster

I may be wrong here, but I heard of a society where you can pay for housing and pay to live in a community that has stuff like laundry mats, water purification, waste disposal, etc.

I think we call it "modern society."

Interesting that Freeloaders on the Land are seeking to recreate the very thing they hate most. Also, looks like we might have Waco v2.0 on our hands with Rob as the new self-appointed cult leader.

Also, this:

Quote:
Water and Sewage
Water will be drawn from the river, filtered, treated, rendered potable and made available to be picked up.
I think we should find out where this is and immediately begin dumping farm animal waste into the river up stream. When the Freeman on the Land complain that we are spoiling their water source, we will simply tell them we do not consent to contract with them. I'd also notify the local government there that every structure built was done so without permits and watch the hilarity ensue.

Does anyone notice how, in the DI forum, all the FMOTLers tell Rob that this is just a fantastic idea to get free from the man and they've all love to be there and help out BUT...then the excuses begin rolling in

Last edited by LightinDarkness; 1st August 2010 at 09:50 AM.
Old 1st August 2010, 12:17 PM   #200
BobHaulk
Muse

Originally Posted by LightinDarkness View Post
I may be wrong here, but I heard of a society where you can pay for housing and pay to live in a community that has stuff like laundry mats, water purification, waste disposal, etc.

I think we call it "modern society."

Interesting that Freeloaders on the Land are seeking to recreate the very thing they hate most. Also, looks like we might have Waco v2.0 on our hands with Rob as the new self-appointed cult leader.

Also, this:

I think we should find out where this is and immediately begin dumping farm animal waste into the river up stream. When the Freeman on the Land complain that we are spoiling their water source, we will simply tell them we do not consent to contract with them. I'd also notify the local government there that every structure built was done so without permits and watch the hilarity ensue.

Does anyone notice how, in the DI forum, all the FMOTLers tell Rob that this is just a fantastic idea to get free from the man and they've all love to be there and help out BUT...then the excuses begin rolling in
it's pure fantasy on his part, the dying throws of a con man. He tried his peace officer thing but everybody knew that was just stupid so now he's thinks he's the venus project.

I've had a enough over there and left. The sheer stupidity final wore me down. I did have some fun laughing at them but it got boring.

There's only a few people left like the mod and this dude yozick who i'm beginning to think might be rob. His followers are from england anyway and their giro only pays for cider and weed they'll never be in a position to go and see him in his one room bedsit.
BobHaulk is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories