IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » International Skeptics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 18th August 2021, 01:19 AM   #121
rjh01
Gentleman of leisure
Tagger

Originally Posted by zooterkin View Post
Probably right. The page in question, however, is the International Skeptics page, run by icerat.

Sure. Did you notice he responded to the comment?

(I'm not saying the message on the Facebook page was responsible for the renewal, it may well have already been in hand. just pointing out that it did happen, and icerat saw it.)
All 100% irrelevant. This is probably triggered the renewal:

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
I have a yearly reminder set up for the 14th, when I saw your thread I sent an "early" email to icerat. Don't know if that was what triggered the renewal, icerat or one of his employees could also have a yearly reminder set up.
Remember all of the other systems that exist did not work in previous years and there is nothing to suggest they would have worked this year. Even the post in Facebook was probably triggered by this thread as it was created just after this thread.
Old 18th August 2021, 11:12 AM   #122
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by zooterkin View Post
Probably right. The page in question, however, is the International Skeptics page, run by icerat
Ah, I didn't even know such a thing existed, I was presuming it was the JREF page.
Old 18th August 2021, 08:26 PM   #123
arthwollipot
Observer of Phenomena
Pronouns: he/him

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Ah, I didn't even know such a thing existed, I was presuming it was the JREF page.
It doesn't have a lot of traffic, but icerat has been known to post there about upcoming maintenance and outages.
Old 4th September 2021, 12:38 AM   #124
dann
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
When I looked at icerat's own FB it looked pretty dead as well.
Very active on Twitter!
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2021, 10:44 AM   #125
Scorpion
Illuminator

So how come no one has mentioned the forum was down this morning?

I had with drawl symptoms.
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2021, 11:08 AM   #126
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
So how come no one has mentioned the forum was down this morning?

I had with drawl symptoms.
it was a closed event

International Skeptics Forum » Welcome to ISF » International Skeptics