ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 18th June 2018, 02:07 AM   #1041
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
logger's (and assorted other desperate paleos') crying need for "The Next Investigation" to be the one the brings 'em all down and has Hillary frog-marched off to prison.

Coming up next is the laughable Nunes/Grassley show. It'll have all the credibility (i.e. none) that the various kangaroo committees had on their Benghazi research. Nunes, of course, is so busy running up the street to the White House to share findings with Donnie Johnny, that he has no time to actually read evidence that he holds pressers to discuss. The right wing newsfeeds are all abuzz over this round, just as there were over "The Horowitz Report That Will Bring Down the Deep State, Get Hillary Convicted, Cure Halitosis and Reduce the Price of Gas at the Pumps.

If Republicans have show us anything over the past four administrations, there is no such thing as an end to an investigation unless they get their pre-ordained fantasy conclusions. If you look at most of the comments on what they expected out of the Horowitz report, they were still shouting "Benghazi!" The next one will be the same. These clowns' grandchildren will still be investigating the non-crimes of a former Secretary of State, but if you ask them if they think it's a good idea to unseal some of the Top Secret documents surrounding Ollie North's activities and how much/what Reagan knew or was involved? Their response? "Hey, is that Elvis over there?"
Actually, the next one should be Horowitz's report into the leaks from the NY FBI office to Giulliani and Nunes (and perhaps others), which were what caused Comey to release info about the Clinton investigation, which is what cost her the election. Just last week Nunes admitted on Fox News that "whistleblowers" had leaked that information to him in "late September". And, since the FBI was only in possession of the information they leaked on the 26th of September, the idea that it was "whistleblowing" doesn't seem to hold much water. Of course, Giulliani boasted publicly about the leaks and getting information from current FBI agents before the information even became public.

I hope we get to see the text messages of the FBI agents involved...
Old 18th June 2018, 03:58 AM   #1042
logger
Banned

logger's (and assorted other desperate paleos') crying need for "The Next Investigation" to be the one the brings 'em all down and has Hillary frog-marched off to prison.
Geez you just don’t get it do you. And by the way this first part of your post is what crying looks like. Hillary is never going to be frog marched, yes some will be brought down by this. My only glee in this is what it will do at election time.
Quote:
Coming up next is the laughable Nunes/Grassley show. It'll have all the credibility (i.e. none) that the various kangaroo committees had on their Benghazi research. Nunes, of course, is so busy running up the street to the White House to share findings with Donnie Johnny, that he has no time to actually read evidence that he holds pressers to discuss. The right wing newsfeeds are all abuzz over this round, just as there were over "The Horowitz Report That Will Bring Down the Deep State, Get Hillary Convicted, Cure Halitosis and Reduce the Price of Gas at the Pumps.
Most agree that what went on here wasn’t good, as a matter of fact it was terrible, but not you. You’re pissed because we’re getting so much mileage out of it, well, actually you’re probably pissed because of what it has done to your hero Hillary, such a shame.
Quote:
If Republicans have show us anything over the past four administrations, there is no such thing as an end to an investigation unless they get their pre-ordained fantasy conclusions. If you look at most of the comments on what they expected out of the Horowitz report, they were still shouting "Benghazi!" The next one will be the same. These clowns' grandchildren will still be investigating the non-crimes of a former Secretary of State, but if you ask them if they think it's a good idea to unseal some of the Top Secret documents surrounding Ollie North's activities and how much/what Reagan knew or was involved? Their response? "Hey, is that Elvis over there?"
Actually, reality is we’ll still be winning elections.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2018, 09:05 AM   #1043
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

A timeline of some of the events around the leaks from the FBI NY office, designed to hurt Clinton's chances of election due to the "deep and visceral hatred" of those agents for Clinton

This would be the office that was called "Trumplandia".
Old 18th June 2018, 09:07 AM   #1044
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Edited to add, like Squeegee points out:
And in the meantime, an investigation of the NY FBI office that actually did sabotage Clinton (as opposed to just talking about it), fades into obscurity.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 18th June 2018 at 09:09 AM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2018, 09:42 AM   #1045
xjx388
Philosopher

I think it's important to note that the only one who suffered actual harm and probably didn't deserve it so far is Hillary Clinton. There are big problems with bias in the FBI and I think it should all be rooted out; the focus on what could hurt Trump is just more bias.
Old 18th June 2018, 10:07 AM   #1046
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by xjx388 View Post
I think it's important to note that the only one who suffered actual harm and probably didn't deserve it so far is Hillary Clinton. There are big problems with bias in the FBI and I think it should all be rooted out; the focus on what could hurt Trump is just more bias.
What are you asserting is being ignored to focus on attacking trump? Do you have any evidence that actually supports all of the investigations and charges of those near to him is diverting excessive resources?
ponderingturtle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2018, 10:14 AM   #1047
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by xjx388 View Post
As if the US public wasn't harmed.

The majority of voters would probably beg to differ.

As for attacking Trump, why shouldn't people attack an illegitimate POTUS?

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 18th June 2018 at 10:17 AM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2018, 10:57 AM   #1048
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
What are you asserting is being ignored to focus on attacking trump? Do you have any evidence that actually supports all of the investigations and charges of those near to him is diverting excessive resources?
FWIW, Politifact says that a $20m figure for the Mueller investigation as per May 23rd this year is reasonable. OTOH, each trip by Trump to Mar-A-Lago costs the taxpayer about $3m. In other words, Trump could offset more than the cost of the Mueller investigation by skipping 7 trips to Mar-A-Lago. Since he's spent approximately a third of his presidency at his various properties, it shouldn't be that much of a sacrifice for him.
Old 18th June 2018, 12:08 PM   #1049
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Hearing going on now, the Senate questioning Wray and Horowitz.

Apparently it's OK we've know about the IG investigation of Comey and the email investigation for months, but it's confidential and we aren't allowed to know if the IG is or is not investigating the leaks to Giuliani from the NY FBI field office.

More double standard of the same thing. I hope the news media picks up on that.
Old 18th June 2018, 12:10 PM   #1050
xjx388
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
As if the US public wasn't harmed.

The majority of voters would probably beg to differ.

As for attacking Trump, why shouldn't people attack an illegitimate POTUS?

No, what I’m saying is that it’s more evidence of bias in the FBI/DOJ, not posters here.

Main point: we should insist on neutrality in those agencies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 18th June 2018, 01:38 PM   #1051
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

This hearing's fascinating.

You have Strozk and Page and Comey and McCabe looking like they fudged the Clinton investigation when in the end Comey totally screwed up, breaking department rules in order to make himself look better. There was a discussion about being careful since Clinton would likely be POTUS.

And you have the NY field office agents talking about not letting that bitch Clinton get elected, leaking information to Giuliani and Nunes. That aspect is getting a lot less attention but it's not going unnoticed.

The bottom line, which sadly the IG/Horowitz did not address is to simply look at the Clinton email server classified data and neutrally decide, was it gross negligence (legal term for illegal), or reckless/extremely careless (not illegal). That would go a long way to settle the cloud these asshats have left over the Clinton investigation.

For the other side, Mueller will get to the bottom of the case against the Trump campaign and administration.

But the IG needs to speak up, either they are investigating the NY field office or they aren't because it's a double standard by not saying anything. There's not a lot of difference there in terms of biased FBI agents illegally impacting investigations.

Senator Hirono is requesting Horowitz clarify there was no gross negligence on Clinton's part.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 18th June 2018 at 01:44 PM.
Old 18th June 2018, 01:46 PM   #1052
logger
Banned

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
This hearing's fascinating.

You have Strozk and Page and Comey and McCabe looking like they fudged the Clinton investigation when in the end Comey totally screwed up, breaking department rules in order to make himself look better. There was a discussion about being careful since Clinton would likely be POTUS.
Lol

I thought it was Russian collusion that did her in from your perspective?

Or was it sexism? I can’t remember.

Either way that she lost.
logger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th June 2018, 01:54 PM   #1053
logger
Banned

Quote:
The DOJ watchdog added that he "did not have confidence" that all of Strzok's investigative decisions as the lead agent on the Clinton email probe were free from bias.
Bias?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...practices.html
Old 18th June 2018, 01:58 PM   #1054
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by logger View Post
Lol

I thought it was Russian collusion that did her in from your perspective?

Or was it sexism? I can’t remember.

Either way that she lost.
Many things contributed. I believe I have consistently said Comey's actions were the most damaging. That doesn't mean the other issues did not contribute. The idea it was one single thing is a bizarre view of a complex situation.

All of the things which contributed go to the conclusion Trump is an illegitimate POTUS.
Old 18th June 2018, 02:00 PM   #1055
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Cruz is up now. Gawd I hate listening to this guy and his melodramatic talking.
Old 18th June 2018, 07:37 PM   #1056
logger
Banned

Senator Graham had the best questions.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...s/#more-150722
Old 19th June 2018, 03:59 PM   #1057
logger
Banned

Mark Meadows just got the IG t admit they were looking into the 302’s being nefariously changed.

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...g/#more-150770
Old 29th June 2018, 09:18 AM   #1058
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

https://twitter.com/NatashaBertrand/...92904605831168

Quote:
Peter Strzok's lawyer says the House Judiciary Committee "denied his request for a public hearing and for the release of the full transcript."
(House Judiciary Dems have called on @RepGoodlatte and @TGowdySC to "immediately release the unclassified transcript" of the hearing)
Old 11th July 2018, 06:11 AM   #1059
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Lisa Page's lawyer has issued a statement saying she will not appear before the House Committees despite a subpoena, because she has been refused a rescheduling so she can prepare, and denied access to the material she would need in order to prepare
Old 11th July 2018, 06:14 AM   #1060
NoahFence
Banned

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Good. The house committees are clearly not there for anything other than show.
NoahFence is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 09:26 AM   #1061
Sabrina
Wicked Lovely

Originally Posted by NoahFence View Post
Good. The house committees are clearly not there for anything other than show.
You should see the "testimony" (read: interrogation) of Agent Strozk going on right now. The Republicans have been DESPERATELY trying to link his personal opinion text messages in such a way as to make the Russian investigation seem like a witch-hunt, and have been failing SPECTACULARLY largely thanks to the highest ranking Democrat on the panel, who called out their desperation using some great language. The amount of insanity going on there is crazy, between Democrats calling out points of order, demanding to re-subpoena Steve Bannon and hold him in contempt because he refused to answer questions (Agent Strozk refused under advice of FBI and personal counsel to answer questions related to the ongoing Russia investigation, for which the Republican chairman threatened him with contempt despite a Democrat citing a Supreme Court ruling stating he was right to do so, which the chairman then refused to acknowledge), calling for motions to overturn the chair's rulings, and the aforementioned calm rebuttal of nearly every point the Republicans tried to pin on Agent Strozk by the ranking Democrat on the panel... I mean it's literally insane. Agent Strozk has barely been able to even speak, much less testify.
Old 12th July 2018, 02:48 PM   #1062
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
The details have been worked out.

Former FBI lawyer Lisa Page will be interviewed by two congressional committees this week, after declining to appear earlier this week.
Quote:
"Lisa Page has finally agreed to appear before the House Judiciary and Oversight Committees for a transcribed interview tomorrow," Goodlatte said in a statement. "This decision is long overdue."

Earlier this week, Page and her lawyer Amy Jeffress delayed the original interview, scheduled for Wednesday because Page had not been given access to documents she said she needed to review before testifying. She claimed that the joint committees have not "followed the normal process" associated with appearances of this nature.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 12th July 2018 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12th July 2018, 03:47 PM   #1063
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

I want to be on the record that Trump supporters are ignorant hillbillies.
BobTheCoward is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th July 2018, 07:56 PM   #1064
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Republicans Thought Peter Strzok Would Be a Punching Bag. He Just Knocked Them Out.

Originally Posted by Rick Wilson
He was supposed to be a key in the imaginary conspiracy Trump’s congressional lackeys and media fantasists have desperately tried to write as history. He was having none of it.

Those who forget the lessons of televised congressional hearings are doomed to repeat them, which is why the morning segment of the Capitol Hill show trial of veteran FBI agent and former head of the Bureau’s Counterespionage division Peter Strzok turned into a disaster for Republicans.

Donald Trump’s congressional enablers, sycophants, and political suck-ups wanted a punching bag, but Strzok instead delivered one of the rarest of moments: the full Joseph N. Welch.
".. like a visit to the dentist..." In this case, a crazy tea party dentist who reads body language.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th July 2018, 08:50 PM   #1065
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

This poor thread just doesn't get the attention it deserves with logger no longer here.

In the face of Captain Outrageous's performance in Europe over the past week, and in spite of the new indictments and the arrest of the latest honey pot, the Congressional Committee on Gee I Wish I Could Pin This on Someone Else has announced,.... Surprise! Surprise! .... that they will continue in their investigations of evil liberal influence in The Deep State.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st July 2018, 11:07 PM   #1066
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

The FISA warrant application to surveil Carter Page has been released. Guess who has been lying.

Schiff: Surveillance warrant docs show that Nunes memo 'misrepresented and distorted these applications'

Originally Posted by The Hill
Rep. Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) said Saturday that the release of documents related to the surveillance of a former Trump campaign adviser show that Republicans “misrepresented and distorted these applications” in their claims of bias at the Department of Justice.

“These documents affirm that our nation faced a profound counterintelligence threat prior to the 2016 election, and the Department of Justice and FBI took appropriate steps to investigate whether any U.S. persons were acting as an agent of a foreign power,” Schiff said in a statement. “FBI and DOJ would have been negligent had they not used all the tools at their disposal, including Court-authorized FISA surveillance, to protect the country.”

The Department of Justice (DOJ) on Saturday released more than 400 pages of heavily-redacted documents on the surveillance of former Trump campaign foreign policy adviser Carter Page.

The application documents state that FBI "believes Page has been the subject of targeted recruitment by the Russian government ... to undermine and influence the outcome of the 2016 U.S. presidential election in violation of U.S. criminal law."
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2018, 12:00 AM   #1067
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
The FISA warrant application to surveil Carter Page has been released. Guess who has been lying.

Schiff: Surveillance warrant docs show that Nunes memo 'misrepresented and distorted these applications'
"Newness" may be the only person in the current clown show who's as dishonest as Trump. Actually, in the case of Donnie Johnny it's quite often his pathology or obsessive-compulsive disorder. With Nunes it's cold calculated deception. He's a combination between the weasels in Who Framed Roger Rabbit (standing by and going "Heh heh, hit 'im, boss!") and a calculating immoral piece of baggage like Joe McCarthy or Roy Cohn.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd July 2018, 12:06 AM   #1068
Firestone
Proud Award Award recipient

"The great thing about today’s FISA documents proving that Devin Nunes was completely full of **** is that the next time he makes something up, all the same reporters will give him the benefit of the doubt anyway."

https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/sta...63391873884160
Old 22nd July 2018, 03:02 AM   #1069
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Caroline O. thread in which she posts evidence that Nunes lied in the infamous memo, and calls out those who supported him over it
Old 22nd July 2018, 03:03 AM   #1070
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Chris Megerian thread examining a few parts of the FISA application in a little more detail
Old 22nd July 2018, 03:04 AM   #1071
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Man, if logger were still here, I'd un-ignore him just for the day.
Old 22nd July 2018, 03:30 AM   #1072
Garrison
Illuminator

If nothing else the Russia investigation and the Republican response makes it clear that even if Trump were somehow removed from office there's no reason to expect things to get better in Washington.
Old 22nd July 2018, 09:57 AM   #1073
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

"Newness" may be the only person in the current clown show who's as dishonest as Trump. Actually, in the case of Donnie Johnny it's quite often his pathology or obsessive-compulsive disorder. With Nunes it's cold calculated deception. He's a combination between the weasels in Who Framed Roger Rabbit (standing by and going "Heh heh, hit 'im, boss!") and a calculating immoral piece of baggage like Joe McCarthy or Roy Cohn.
Nunes is a Trump groupie which explains the lying, but he's also a CT believer from long before Trump which is why he's attracted to Trump. It makes it hard to tell the difference between the false beliefs and knowing lies.
Old 22nd July 2018, 10:07 AM   #1074
Stacko
Philosopher

Nunes was also a member of the transition team so he probably has some skin in the game.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th July 2018, 11:33 AM   #1075
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

I kinda miss logger giving updates from the conspiracy treehouse, so I went there to see how they're handling the "DOJ/FBI scandal" blowing up in their face and exposing Nunes' lies. Didn't see anything about that but they're hot on the trail of who leaked an unredacted version of Carter Page's FISA warrant.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics