ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags political predictions , political speculation , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 31st July 2018, 02:22 PM   #1161
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

John Kelly to stay on until 2020 which means he will likely be sacked within the week.
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2018, 03:02 PM   #1162
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
John Kelly to stay on until 2020 which means he will likely be sacked within the week.
My thought precisely. "Firin' Friday" comin' up!
Old 31st July 2018, 04:49 PM   #1163
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Will he be replaced by Sean Hannity, perhaps?
Old 31st July 2018, 05:05 PM   #1164
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
But then who will Trump replace Sean with for their nightly pillow talk calls?

"Suggesting spurious explanations isn't relevant to my work." -- WTC Dust.
"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2018, 05:12 PM   #1165
Stacko
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Jim_MDP View Post
Tucker?
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2018, 07:01 PM   #1166
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

"Both cannot be simultaneously true, and so one may conclude neither is true, and if neither is true, then Apollo is fraudulent." -- Patrick1000.
Jim_MDP is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2018, 09:50 PM   #1167
Norman Alexander
Master Poster

At his rate of deterioration, Alex Jones or Pat Robertson.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 31st July 2018 at 09:51 PM.
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st July 2018, 09:56 PM   #1168
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Rush Limbaugh, since he just tweeted he "gets it".
Old 31st July 2018, 09:59 PM   #1169
Norman Alexander
Master Poster

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Rush Limbaugh, since he just tweeted he "gets it".
Usually when a mafia boss says someone "gets it", they mean an offer they can't refuse.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2018, 09:15 AM   #1170
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Not unless Fox is going to keep paying him while he is in the WH.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2018, 09:25 AM   #1171
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Not unless Fox is going to keep paying him while he is in the WH.
I don't know, Donald Trump is demonstrating how to monetise public office
The Don is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2018, 09:26 AM   #1172
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
I don't know, Donald Trump is demonstrating how to monetise public office
But would the next person to walk into the pyramid office be as likely to make a buck as the early investors occupants?

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2018, 10:08 AM   #1173
CORed
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Indeed! They should put him in one, lock it, and throw the key in the Gulf of Mexico.
Better yet, put the key on a rocket and send it into the sun. There is an ever-so-slight chance that the key could be recovered from the Gulf of Mexico.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2018, 05:11 PM   #1174
Norman Alexander
Master Poster

Just my comment: At the rate Giuliani, as Donny's own hand-picked lawyer, is continually undermining Donny's lies version of events every time he opens his jowls, he might be the next one with his withered neck on the chopping block.
Old 1st August 2018, 05:21 PM   #1175
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Just my comment: At the rate Giuliani, as Donny's own hand-picked lawyer, is continually undermining Donny's lies version of events every time he opens his jowls, he might be the next one with his withered neck on the chopping block.
I think a lawyer as inept as Giuliani has been would have been fired by most people by now;but with Donnie Personal Loyalty is more important then competence.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2018, 05:29 PM   #1176
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
I think a lawyer as inept as Giuliani has been would have been fired by most people by now;but with Donnie Personal Loyalty is more important then competence.

I'm not sure he has a lot of choices.

Unlike 'the swamp', I think the pool of competent lawyers willing to work for Trump, regardless of loyalty, has pretty much dried up.

Being competent tends to suggest a certain amount of intelligence. They value their future careers as lawyers more than a temporarily needed personal loyalty to a narcissistic moron that they know will treat them as a disposable commodity.

Especially one with a long history of not paying his bills.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2018, 06:11 PM   #1177
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
Better yet, put the key on a rocket and send it into the sun. There is an ever-so-slight chance that the key could be recovered from the Gulf of Mexico.
No! He ruins everything he touches...
Old 2nd August 2018, 08:40 PM   #1178
Norman Alexander
Master Poster

Originally Posted by quadraginta View Post
I'm not sure he has a lot of choices.

Unlike 'the swamp', I think the pool of competent lawyers willing to work for Trump, regardless of loyalty, has pretty much dried up.

Being competent tends to suggest a certain amount of intelligence. They value their future careers as lawyers more than a temporarily needed personal loyalty to a narcissistic moron that they know will treat them as a disposable commodity.

Especially one with a long history of not paying his bills.
So...Guli is just making money while Donny's sun shines?
Old 2nd August 2018, 10:02 PM   #1179
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Why not? It's the American way.
Trump's sons, btw, don't shine at all.
Old 2nd August 2018, 10:37 PM   #1180
quadraginta
Becoming Beth

He doesn't have a lot of other ways to stay in front of the camera.

I doubt that people are lining up to hire his legal services.
quadraginta is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2018, 10:17 AM   #1181
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Why not? It's the American way.
Trump's sons, btw, don't shine at all.
True. They have a Fredo, but no Michael.....

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2018, 11:01 AM   #1182
Jim_MDP
Philosopher

True. They have a Fredo, but no Michael.....
Do they have a Frodo?
They have a Kelly Bundy.

(Sorry Tiff... you and Eric might just turn out to be the smart ones... retiring to Upstate New York to run a winery. )

eta: Watch... in 20 years we discover Baron grows up to be the "evil" one. :O

Old 3rd August 2018, 02:07 PM   #1183
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Do they have a Frodo?
They have a Kelly Bundy.

(Sorry Tiff... you and Eric might just turn out to be the smart ones... retiring to Upstate New York to run a winery. )

eta: Watch... in 20 years we discover Baron grows up to be the "evil" one. :O
You do know Donald Trump Jr got the nickname Fredo after the weak,stupid character Fredo Corleone in Godfather 2?

Robert Heinlein.
Old 3rd August 2018, 02:14 PM   #1184
Norman Alexander
Master Poster

You do know Donald Trump Jr got the nickname Fredo after the weak,stupid character Fredo Corleone in Godfather 2?
I wonder if Donny Snr thinks he is living that movie...badda-bing, badda-boom!

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 3rd August 2018 at 02:16 PM.
Old Yesterday, 07:27 AM   #1185
d4m10n
Illuminator

This is a wee bit off-topic, but as OP Iím willing to stretch things just a bit, at least until I find a better thread.

Last night, Rachel Maddow made the case that the WH & GOP have been systematically purging every high-level FBI official who was in a position to corroborate Comey wrt Trump.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

tl;dr version below

Last edited by d4m10n; Yesterday at 07:30 AM.
d4m10n is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:09 AM   #1186
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

A little ball just dropped in a roulette slot in my head: is it possible that Giuliani is intentionally undermining and embarrassing Trump as revenge for not getting a high level position in the new administration immediately after the 2016 election? A year later Giuliani remained on a slow burn and decided that it now was payback time?

I don't think it is likely - my best guess is that Giuliani really is crazy and will say anything to keep his face in the public eye.

Another question: has Giuliani's actions reached the level that he is in risk of being disbarred for gross incompetency in representing a client?
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:22 AM   #1187
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

I know that Jeff Sessions has been an important topic here, and my sincere apologies if this was already discussed upthread and I missed it:

Just what kind of individual is willing to so repeatedly and publicly be humiliated by his boss as Sessions has been by Trump? Most people would not put up with such disgusting abuse in far less public scenarios. Is it because deep inside Sessions is so honorably dedicated to the rule of law that he is bravely staying on to protect the special investigation and the remnants of independence left in the Justice Department? Or is it, to quote a Kurt Vonnegut Jr character, "I could carve a better man from a banana."?

Sessions: brave defender of liberty or craven lackey? Based on his actions in other areas I would vote crave lackey, but maybe????
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:29 AM   #1188
d4m10n
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
Just what kind of individual is willing to so repeatedly and publicly be humiliated by his boss as Sessions has been by Trump?
As AG, Sessions is privy to the really inside (highly classified) dirt on the Trump Org/Campaign/Administration, the sort of dirt which may have motivated Trump to sack most of the FBI leadership, as I related just a bit upthread.

Perhaps the AG believes he may outlast POTUS, and finally get down to business under President Pence.
d4m10n is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 08:30 AM   #1189
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

A little ball just dropped in a roulette slot in my head: is it possible that Giuliani is intentionally undermining and embarrassing Trump as revenge for not getting a high level position in the new administration immediately after the 2016 election? A year later Giuliani remained on a slow burn and decided that it now was payback time?
I had that same consideration myself a while back. I think he's quite capable of doing that. "Playing the long game" and whatnot.
Old Yesterday, 02:50 PM   #1190
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
I had that same consideration myself a while back. I think he's quite capable of doing that. "Playing the long game" and whatnot.
You do have a bunch of massive egos who have been belittling each other and who hold grudges.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 05:58 PM   #1191
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

I know that Jeff Sessions has been an important topic here, and my sincere apologies if this was already discussed upthread and I missed it:

Just what kind of individual is willing to so repeatedly and publicly be humiliated by his boss as Sessions has been by Trump? Most people would not put up with such disgusting abuse in far less public scenarios. Is it because deep inside Sessions is so honorably dedicated to the rule of law that he is bravely staying on to protect the special investigation and the remnants of independence left in the Justice Department? Or is it, to quote a Kurt Vonnegut Jr character, "I could carve a better man from a banana."?

Sessions: brave defender of liberty or craven lackey? Based on his actions in other areas I would vote crave lackey, but maybe????
None of the above. It's all "I won't quit, you have to fire me."

And don't forget, if he quits or is fired, Rod (((Rosenstein))) becomes acting AG.
Old Yesterday, 08:25 PM   #1192
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by d4m10n View Post
This is a wee bit off-topic, but as OP Iím willing to stretch things just a bit, at least until I find a better thread.

Last night, Rachel Maddow made the case that the WH & GOP have been systematically purging every high-level FBI official who was in a position to corroborate Comey wrt Trump.

I AGREE

tl;dr version below

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DkiTvMdVsAAXtnB.jpg:small
He's not even hiding his obstruction of justice knowing that the GOP will do nothing about it.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 11:54 PM   #1193
Norman Alexander
Master Poster

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
He's not even hiding his obstruction of justice knowing that the GOP will do nothing about it.
I gather he is also preparing a multi-level self-contained concrete bunker under Mar-a-lago that can't be breached by heavy bombing or shelling. And he is going to continue fighting the war from there.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics