ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 21st September 2018, 10:55 PM   #41
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing
 
Brainster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 15,903
The media were all handed a script and told to blame it on Osama. Unfortunately, the demolition of WTC 7 took a little longer than planned and thus the BBC announced its demise at the scheduled time, giving away the game.

We would have gotten away with it, too, if it hadn't been for those rotten kids!
__________________
My new blog: Recent Reads.
1960s Comic Book Nostalgia
Visit the Screw Loose Change blog.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2018, 11:08 PM   #42
JohnG
Pedantic Bore
 
JohnG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Abandon All Hope
Posts: 6,805
Originally Posted by geggy View Post
I was taken aback by how quick bin Laden and al Qaeda were named prime suspects of 9/11 within 30 minutes of the second WTC hit...

Bin Laden was certainly prime suspect number one for me the morning of 09/11/2001. About a year prior to the attacks he conducted an interview with one of the major American network primetime news shows, where he flat-out declared that he was going to attack the US. Most reasonably well-informed adults were well aware of OBL and his intentions, long before the attacks occurred.
__________________
Do not weep. Do not wax indignant. Understand. - Baruch Spinoza
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. - Harlan Ellison
JohnG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2018, 11:13 PM   #43
Major Major
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 291
Consider this commentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_OIXfkXEj0
Major Major is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st September 2018, 11:30 PM   #44
Brainster
Penultimate Amazing
 
Brainster's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 15,903
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
Bin Laden was certainly prime suspect number one for me the morning of 09/11/2001. About a year prior to the attacks he conducted an interview with one of the major American network primetime news shows, where he flat-out declared that he was going to attack the US. Most reasonably well-informed adults were well aware of OBL and his intentions, long before the attacks occurred.
He was the subject of a two-pager in Time around 1998, shortly after the embassy bombings. I think for most of us those attacks were initially just a bunch of crazies, until they reported the number of dead and wounded. They were also behind the USS Cole attack, which killed 17 US sailors in 2000.
__________________
My new blog: Recent Reads.
1960s Comic Book Nostalgia
Visit the Screw Loose Change blog.
Brainster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd September 2018, 08:51 PM   #45
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,088
Originally Posted by geggy View Post
I was taken aback by how quick bin Laden and al Qaeda were named prime suspects of 9/11 within 30 minutes of the second WTC hit. ...
That was due to a lack of knowledge on your part of what the threat would be when thousands of Americans are murdered. Was UBL not on your Radar when you traveled the world after he promised to kill Americans in the 90s? It was public record, it was reported, it was news.
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2018, 09:32 PM   #46
geggy
Muse
 
geggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 572
When asked why there is no mention of 9/11 on the FBI's web page, Rex Tomb, the FBI's Chief of Investigative Publicity, is reported to have said, "The reason why 9/11 is not mentioned on Usama Bin Laden's Most Wanted page is because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11."

In the months leading up to the Septmber 11, 2001 attack, it is reported, the Taliban "outlined various ways bin Laden could be dealt with. He could be turned over to the EU, killed by the Taliban, or made available as a target for Cruise missiles." The Bush administration did not accept the Taliban's offer.

On September 16, 2001, CNN reported that in a statement issued to Al Jazeera, bin Laden said, "I would like to assure the world that I did not plan the recent attacks".

"On September 20, 2001," according to the Guardian, "the Taliban offered to hand Osama bin Laden to a neutral Islamic country for trial if the US presented them with evidence that he was responsible for the attacks on New York and Washington. The US rejected the offer."

Bin Laden, in a September 28, 2001 interview with the Pakistani newspaper Ummat, is reported to have said:

"I have already said that I am not involved in the 11 September attacks in the United States. As a Muslim, I try my best to avoid telling a lie. I had no knowledge of these attacks, nor do I consider the killing of innocent women, children and other humans as an appreciable act. Islam strictly forbids causing harm to innocent women, children and other people. Such a practice is forbidden even in the course of a battle."

October 3,2001: Secretary of State Colin L. Powell, in an interview today with The New York Times, said administration officials had been briefing allies on what he called "pretty good information" establishing the link between the airplane attacks and Mr. Bin Laden. But, he added,"it is not evidence in the form of a court case."

One Western official at NATO said the briefings, which were oral, without slides or documents, did not report any direct order from Mr. Bin Laden, nor did they indicate that the Taliban knew about the attacks before they happened.

A senior diplomat for one closely allied nation characterized the briefing as containing "nothing particularly new or surprising," adding:"It was descriptive and narrative rather than forensic. There was no attempt to build a legal case.

https://www.nytimes.com/2001/10/03/w...den-group.html
geggy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2018, 10:33 PM   #47
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,401
Everything you wrote is a lie.

On September 11, 2001, bin Laden was having a fit because he couldn't get his TV satellite dish to work so he could watch the news about the attacks. He was stuck listening to the radio.

The Taliban would never hand over a brother Muslim to the US - ever.

You need to cite current news, not crap from 17 years ago.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th October 2018, 11:15 PM   #48
AJM8125
Potsing Whiled Runk
Tagger
 
AJM8125's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 20,245
Originally Posted by geggy View Post
Obsolete information snipped
Why not quote what bin Laden said later, like this from May of 2011:

Originally Posted by Osama bin Laden
..[loud crash]..HOLY ****.. [unintelligible].. OOF OOF GLARG GACK..[thud]..
__________________
AJM8125 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2018, 04:48 AM   #49
JSanderO
Master Poster
 
JSanderO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: nyc
Posts: 2,867
AQ and therefore OBL were likely suspects. However it is conceivable but unlikely that actual operations were not run from the top down. But there was a lot of planning and organization involved in the hijackings... who and how was this done? How many layers were there in the command structure for the attack? It's unlikely that the hijackers planned and paid for the attack themselves. So who did? Who is the most likely? Does the fact that most of the identified hijackers were Saudis lead to the conclusion that the command and control was also Saudis?
__________________
So many idiots and so little time.
JSanderO is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2018, 05:07 AM   #50
geggy
Muse
 
geggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 572
Evidence used to make a case for war in Afghanistan which took place only one month after the attacks were circumstinal at best. Most of the points talked about bin Ladens relationships with Taliban and al Qaeda, al Qaeda's philosophy and their past attacks. None of the evidence presented by Tony Blair showed they're were directedly involved, only that they were culpable, thats it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20060908...t/page3682.asp
geggy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2018, 09:22 AM   #51
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 2,385
Originally Posted by geggy View Post
Evidence used to make a case for war in Afghanistan which took place only one month after the attacks were circumstinal at best. Most of the points talked about bin Ladens relationships with Taliban and al Qaeda, al Qaeda's philosophy and their past attacks. None of the evidence presented by Tony Blair showed they're were directedly involved, only that they were culpable, thats it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20060908...t/page3682.asp
So the obvious next step is for you to present your evidence for agencies other than Al Qaeda being responsible for the attacks. By your own standards, circumstantial evidence is disallowed. Direct evidence only, with a paper trail.

Any time you're ready.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 21st October 2018, 09:31 AM   #52
DGM
Skeptic not Atheist
 
DGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: West of Northshore MA
Posts: 24,652
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
So the obvious next step is for you to present your evidence for agencies other than Al Qaeda being responsible for the attacks. By your own standards, circumstantial evidence is disallowed. Direct evidence only, with a paper trail.

Any time you're ready.
That's why we need a "new investigation". To find that evidence that just has to be out there................
__________________
"Remember that the goal of conspiracy rhetoric is to bog down the discussion, not to make progress toward a solution" Jay Windley

"How many leaves on the seventh branch of the fourth tree?" is meaningless when you are in the wrong forest: ozeco41
DGM is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2018, 09:22 AM   #53
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,088
are you trying to fail, you won

Originally Posted by geggy View Post
Evidence used to make a case for war in Afghanistan which took place only one month after the attacks were circumstinal at best. Most of the points talked about bin Ladens relationships with Taliban and al Qaeda, al Qaeda's philosophy and their past attacks. None of the evidence presented by Tony Blair showed they're were directedly involved, only that they were culpable, thats it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20060908...t/page3682.asp
UBL supporter? UBL wanted for world wide terrorism before 9/11. You may fail to figure out who did 9/11 - you don't seem to have a valid point. 17 years

Why did UBL not clear himself in court? I know, he was behind world wide terrorisms and promised to kill Americans.

Slowing going over 9/11 using cherry picked, shallow based spoty research, is the path to failure.
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd October 2018, 05:17 PM   #54
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 19,765
Originally Posted by geggy View Post
Evidence used to make a case for war in Afghanistan which took place only one month after the attacks were circumstinal at best. Most of the points talked about bin Ladens relationships with Taliban and al Qaeda, al Qaeda's philosophy and their past attacks. None of the evidence presented by Tony Blair showed they're were directedly involved, only that they were culpable, thats it.

https://web.archive.org/web/20060908...t/page3682.asp
Sounds like you need to help out Khalid Sheikh Mohammed's legal defense. Hop to it! He's in Gitmo right now.
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2018, 07:48 AM   #55
geggy
Muse
 
geggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 572
A GERMAN TV show found that the White House's translation of the "confession" video was not only inaccurate, but even "manipulative".

ON December 20, 2001, German TV channel "Das Erste" broadcast its analysis of the White House's translation of the OBL video that George Bush has called a "confession of guilt". On the show Monitor, two independent translators and an expert on oriental studies found the White House's translation not only to be inaccurate, but "manipulative".

Arabist Dr. Abdel El M. Husseini, one of the translators, states,

"I have carefully examined the Pentagon's translation. This translation is very problematic.

<snip>

Full quote may be found here.

Last edited by Loss Leader; 23rd October 2018 at 06:48 PM.
geggy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2018, 08:43 AM   #56
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 2,385
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
So the obvious next step is for you to present your evidence for agencies other than Al Qaeda being responsible for the attacks. By your own standards, circumstantial evidence is disallowed. Direct evidence only, with a paper trail.

Any time you're ready.
Bump for geggy.
Have you done your own analysis of the video, or are you simply posting hearsay, and old hearsay at that?
Where is your direct evidence for who you claim were the real perpetrators of the attacks?
Why are you so reluctant to engage with people here? This is a forum, not a blog, you know.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2018, 09:33 AM   #57
geggy
Muse
 
geggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 572
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Bump for geggy.
Have you done your own analysis of the video, or are you simply posting hearsay, and old hearsay at that?
Where is your direct evidence for who you claim were the real perpetrators of the attacks?
Why are you so reluctant to engage with people here? This is a forum, not a blog, you know.
The reason I don't response to most of the posters is because of posts like this one
geggy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2018, 11:18 AM   #58
carlitos
"ms divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18,812
Please use the quote function. I can't tell if some of that article is your words mixed in or not. And thanks for the blast from the past. lycos dot com!

ETA - the long article that geggy quotes above appears at such standout sites of "truth" as rense.com and whatreallyhappened.com.

Last edited by carlitos; 23rd October 2018 at 11:26 AM.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2018, 01:31 PM   #59
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 11,660
Originally Posted by geggy View Post
The reason I don't response to most of the posters is because of posts like this one
My bet is that you don't engage because you're limited to parroting what someone else has written their (mis)interpretation of the evidence.

If you're looking for a written order from OBL down the chain of command ordering the 9/11 attacks you're in for a disappointment.

"Leaderless resistance" has been a long-standing tactic used by terrorists from across the political/religious spectrum. It is the preferred operational model used by AQ et al - you can see it in the attacks being carried out post-9/11 in Europe and the U.S. Someone decides to kill in the name of the prophet and goes out and does it. The fact that there's no instructions from the home office in evidence to link the actor to a specific movement isn't exculpatory evidence.

WRT OBL public statements in the western media, bad actors claiming innocence isn't a recent development.
__________________
"When a man who is honestly mistaken, hears the truth, he will either cease being mistaken or cease being honest." - Anonymous

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2018, 01:51 PM   #60
Elagabalus
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,428
Originally Posted by geggy View Post
The reason I don't response to most of the posters is because of posts like this one
Yeah, I can see why you wouldn't like posts asking you to show evidence of your claims. Can't have that.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 23rd October 2018, 11:37 PM   #61
Cosmic Yak
Master Poster
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 2,385
Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Yeah, I can see why you wouldn't like posts asking you to show evidence of your claims. Can't have that.
I know. I'm such a meanie, right?
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2018, 03:17 AM   #62
Sceptic-PK
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,720
Originally Posted by geggy View Post
A GERMAN TV show found that the White House's translation of the "confession" video was not only inaccurate, but even "manipulative".

ON December 20, 2001, German TV channel "Das Erste" broadcast its analysis of the White House's translation of the OBL video that George Bush has called a "confession of guilt". On the show Monitor, two independent translators and an expert on oriental studies found the White House's translation not only to be inaccurate, but "manipulative".

Arabist Dr. Abdel El M. Husseini, one of the translators, states,

"I have carefully examined the Pentagon's translation. This translation is very problematic.
Uh-huh. Just like the well-known, pro-US Al Jazeera Network I'm sure

https://www.aljazeera.com/archive/20...336457223.html


Originally Posted by geggy View Post
Evidence used to make a case for war in Afghanistan which took place only one month after the attacks were circumstinal at best.
Now, be honest. Were you even out of diapers in September 2001?
Sceptic-PK is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2018, 07:45 AM   #63
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16,287
Originally Posted by Sceptic-PK View Post
Uh-huh. Just like the well-known, pro-US Al Jazeera Network I'm sure

https://www.aljazeera.com/archive/20...336457223.html
...
Can you trust these brown people, even with their comprehension of Arabic? Nuhhh nuhhh, ze Germanns are ze best linguists! If you want to have ze best translation of Arabic into anysing, ask Das Erste!
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2018, 07:54 AM   #64
Oystein
Penultimate Amazing
 
Oystein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 16,287
Originally Posted by geggy View Post
When asked why there is no mention of 9/11 on the FBI's web page, Rex Tomb, the FBI's Chief of Investigative Publicity, is reported to have said, "The reason why 9/11 is not mentioned on Usama Bin Laden's Most Wanted page is because the FBI has no hard evidence connecting Bin Laden to 9/11."
...
The funny thing is: All these experts who criticize the 9/11 Commission, the FBI, the Pentagon, etc etc and their handling of 9/11 - none of them come to the conclusion that it was anyone OTHER than Al Qaeda, sponsored by bin Laden (and perhaps helped by other agencies within Saudi Arabia or Afghanistan). None of them take their criticism to imply that, even just perhaps, Israel or the US gov actually dunnit.

Strange that, eh?


Those who criticize the NIST report - those who are actually experts, still maintain that fires and crashed did the towers in. Funny that, huh?


All the firemen who heard and described "explosions" - you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who actually believes they heard explosive demolition devices. What a dumb lot - or what do you say?


It's only through selective quoting, pulling out of context and creative interpretation that Truthers manage to make i all sound like woooo.
__________________
Thermodynamics hates conspiracy theorists. (Foster Zygote)
Oystein is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2018, 11:17 AM   #65
geggy
Muse
 
geggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 572
The recording was dismissed by the Bush administration yesterday as sick propaganda possibly designed to mask the fact the al-Qa'eda leader was already dead. "He could have made the video and then ordered that it be released in the event of his death," said one White House aide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181024_141627.jpg (122.4 KB, 13 views)
geggy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2018, 12:02 PM   #66
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 3,401
Why are you posting stuff from 2001?

What do those same sources say and believe today?

What does the current evidence and testimony say today?

Do you realize that on the day this was published the FBI and CIA and NSA were all reviewing their files and discovering that they had much of the intelligence needed to head off the attacks?

The current facts and testimony proves Al Qaeda was behind the attacks. No credible entity argues otherwise.
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2018, 12:17 PM   #67
fagin
Philosopher
 
fagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: As far away from casebro as possible.
Posts: 6,777
I'm sure he's trying to make a point, but as usual, what point nobody knows.
__________________
There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda
fagin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th October 2018, 12:27 PM   #68
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,088
SPAM attack, no comment, cut and paste failure - the "best" of 9/11 truth

Originally Posted by geggy View Post
The recording was dismissed by the Bush administration yesterday as sick propaganda possibly designed to mask the fact the al-Qa'eda leader was already dead. "He could have made the video and then ordered that it be released in the event of his death," said one White House aide.
No comment? The comment free SPAM, cut and paste failure.
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2018, 01:19 PM   #69
carlitos
"ms divertido"
 
carlitos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18,812
I'm pretty sure that the Bush administration didn't do anything yesterday.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2018, 03:25 PM   #70
Allen773
Muse
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 928
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
I'm pretty sure that the Bush administration didn't do anything yesterday.
Lies! Why, just last night, I saw none other than [redacted] Cheney and [redacted] Rumsfeld at a small [redacted] in an undisclosed [redacted], laughing and smirking about how their PNAC cabal got away with a New Pearl [redacted]!

Im posting this on the Internet, so you know Ive got some credibility here.
Allen773 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2018, 05:23 PM   #71
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 19,765
Originally Posted by Allen773 View Post
Lies! Why, just last night, I saw none other than [redacted] Cheney and [redacted] Rumsfeld at a small [redacted] in an undisclosed [redacted], laughing and smirking about how their PNAC cabal got away with a New Pearl [redacted]!

Im posting this on the Internet, so you know Ive got some credibility here.
Wait, aren't you Q? Or, wow, you just may be [redacted]!
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2018, 11:04 PM   #72
ProBonoShill
Master Poster
 
ProBonoShill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,209
Originally Posted by carlitos View Post
I'm pretty sure that the Bush administration didn't do anything yesterday.
LOL Geggy must think Bush Jr is still president.

Remember when Obama was elected and all the truthers were celebrating cause he was gonna reveal the "truth". Shame what a disappointment that turned out to be.

Then hope presented itself again, The Donald won the Presidency and along with help from his pal Alex Jones they were gonna get to the bottom of 9/11 and the birther conundrum too!

Ahh man, another big let down on both fronts. Not sure how much more these remaining truthers can take!

All 17 of them.
__________________
"CD does not prove 9/11 was an inside job. It only proves CD"- FalseFlag
ProBonoShill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2018, 07:24 AM   #73
fagin
Philosopher
 
fagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: As far away from casebro as possible.
Posts: 6,777
????????????????????????????????????
__________________
There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda
fagin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th October 2018, 07:49 PM   #74
ProBonoShill
Master Poster
 
ProBonoShill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,209
Originally Posted by fagin View Post
????????????????????????????????????
Not sure if this directed at me, but in hindsight I did a terrible job of making my point so I'll try again:

Many lefty leaning truthers hated Bush jr and thought he was so evil he had the capacity to murder thousands of his own citizens and was the responsible for the "inside job" of 9/11. Some claimed if/when Obama was elected he would expose Bush for the killer he was and make him pay.

Fast forward 8 years and some right wing truthers claimed Trump as one of their own and warned us debunkers he was going to get to the bottom of 9/11 and reveal all the secrecy and cover up.

Of course truthers on both sides were wrong because well at the end of the day they are truthers.

Saying that I believe a great deal of the Bush Jr haters were finally able to see the light realize how dumb truther claims seemed to be and abandoned the idiotic movement. The Trump truthers probably not so much.
__________________
"CD does not prove 9/11 was an inside job. It only proves CD"- FalseFlag
ProBonoShill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2018, 04:12 AM   #75
pgimeno
Illuminator
 
pgimeno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 3,350
And just in case someone missed it... (click on the little arrow for more context)

Originally Posted by geggy View Post
The recording was dismissed by the Bush administration yesterday as sick propaganda [...]
__________________
Ask questions. Demand answers. But be prepared to accept the answers, or don't ask questions in the first place.
pgimeno is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2018, 04:15 AM   #76
fagin
Philosopher
 
fagin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: As far away from casebro as possible.
Posts: 6,777
Originally Posted by fagin View Post
????????????????????????????????????
Originally Posted by ProBonoShill View Post
Not sure if this directed at me, ...
Nope, not aimed at you - the geggy post I was responding to has been sent to AAH.
__________________
There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda
fagin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2018, 08:30 AM   #77
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 18,152
Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Nope, not aimed at you - the geggy post I was responding to has been sent to AAH.
No way around that. Mods do what they must within the MA. Its their job (unpaid).

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th October 2018, 09:14 AM   #78
ProBonoShill
Master Poster
 
ProBonoShill's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,209
Originally Posted by fagin View Post
Nope, not aimed at you - the geggy post I was responding to has been sent to AAH.


Thanks for the clarification.
__________________
"CD does not prove 9/11 was an inside job. It only proves CD"- FalseFlag
ProBonoShill is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories » 9/11 Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:32 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.