ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 17th April 2019, 11:02 AM   #801
Baylor
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Cos some people don't like to hear it.
This also has no substance.
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th April 2019, 11:08 AM   #802
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

Originally Posted by Baylor View Post
Green New Deal. She wants to radically transform your way of life and she's very open about it.
Wait, which part of the GND do you think will radically transform your way of life?
Old 17th April 2019, 11:15 AM   #803
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Wait, which part of the GND do you think will radically transform your way of life?
I don't think it will other than jump starting a needed conversation. We have Republicans denying global warming and our government is putting it's head in the sand.
Old 17th April 2019, 11:42 AM   #804
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Upchurch View Post
Hey, just look at the Obama rules on lightbulbs. Nowadays, we can't even buy those high power incandescent lightbulbs any more, and have to buy light bulbs that are 1) just as bright or brighter, and 2) use less energy.

Our lives are so messed up as a result.
Old 17th April 2019, 12:20 PM   #805
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
Hey, just look at the Obama rules on lightbulbs. Nowadays, we can't even buy those high power incandescent lightbulbs any more, and have to buy light bulbs that are 1) just as bright or brighter, and 2) use less energy.

Our lives are so messed up as a result.
As a side effect, because they are more efficient and waste less heat, they are also safer - there was a recent fatal UK fire caused by a now-banned halogen bulb.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th April 2019, 12:22 PM   #806
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
As a side effect, because they are more efficient and waste less heat, they are also safer - there was a recent fatal UK fire caused by a now-banned halogen bulb.
I was going to add the part about them not getting as hot, but didn't.

I mean, less of a chance of causing a fire? Our lives are turned completely upside-down.
Old 17th April 2019, 01:19 PM   #807
dann
Philosopher

Originally Posted by crescent View Post

That collection is amazing! They must have the troll factories working overtime to come up with all those lies!
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th April 2019, 02:20 PM   #808
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dann View Post
That collection is amazing! They must have the troll factories working overtime to come up with all those lies!
I just read the one about how she didn't vote for her own bill in Green New Deal.

Aside from.the shenanigans the GOP played in the stunt, it was also the case that IT WAS IN THE SENATE!

So she got labelled a "retard" because she didn't vote for a bill in the other house of congress.

Talk about derangement syndrome.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics