ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old 16th October 2018, 12:08 PM   #81
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Baylor View Post
Lots of derailment, obfuscations, whataboutisms, and personal attacks in my popular thread: The behavior of UK police officers.
Ah, so you decided to hide for a while and instead do that here?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2018, 12:12 PM   #82
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

In case you haven't noticed I pretty much ignore your ramblings. But this topic is worthy of discussion. The childless leaders of Europe have no stake in the future because they have no children. That's why they're quick to sell out their countries to foreign people. The "migrants" serve the nurturing instincts of the childless leaders, that's why German Chancellor Angela Kasner "Merkel" is ironically referred to as "Mama Merkel."

Nations emerge from families. That's why I want my elected leaders to have some degree of "reproductive success."
Oooh, let's have a little look at that then shall we.

Margaret Thatcher PM 1979 to 1990: children Mark & Carol

John Major, PM from 1990 to 1997: 2 children

Tony Blair, PM 1997 to 2007: children Euan, Nicholas, Kathryn and Leo, the last born whilst Blair was in office.

Gordon Brown, PM 2007 to 2010: children Jennifer Jane (deceased), John & James.

David Cameron, PM 2010 to 2016: children Ivan, Nancy, Florence & Arthur

Theresa May PM 2016 - childless.

So were you ignorant, or lying?
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2018, 12:14 PM   #83
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Lots of derailment, obfuscations, whataboutisms, and personal attacks in my popular thread: The behavior of UK police officers.
So you thought you would spread the **** around a bit in the hope that some might stick?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2018, 12:16 PM   #84
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Originally Posted by MikeG View Post

Tony Blair, PM 1997 to 2007: children Euan, Nicholas, Kathryn and Leo, the last born whilst Blair was in office.

To be fair, the number of Cameron's kids does vary from pub to pub.
Old 16th October 2018, 12:19 PM   #85
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

This is so difficult to grasp it's mind-boggling. How did it come to this?

I was going to save children's lives, which is also my job, but I was afraid someone was going to call me a butthead.
In some western societies, the appearance of racism is a far greater sin, with far graver consequences, than the appearance of buttheadedness.

I suspect that even the Brits expect and tolerate a certain amount of buttheadedness in their police. But let the cry of "racism!" be heard, and there'll be death threats, rioting, resignations, and possibly even terrorism.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2018, 12:36 PM   #86
Baylor
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
In some western societies, the appearance of racism is a far greater sin, with far graver consequences, than the appearance of buttheadedness.

I suspect that even the Brits expect and tolerate a certain amount of buttheadedness in their police. But let the cry of "racism!" be heard, and there'll be death threats, rioting, resignations, and possibly even terrorism.
Sticks and stones
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2018, 12:52 PM   #87
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Sticks and stones
I think you may have missed theprestige offering you a little support and understanding. An explanation, even. I guess that's what happens when you set out just to antagonise.
"The Conservatives want to keep wogs out and march boldly back to the 1950s when Britain still had an Empire and blacks, women, poofs and Irish knew their place." The Don That's what we've sunk to here.
MikeG is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2018, 12:56 PM   #88
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Originally Posted by Darat View Post
To be fair, the number of Cameron's kids does vary from pub to pub.
Well not so much the number as the location. Blair's kids were quite capable of finding the gutter, if I remember rightly.

On a serious note, and nothing to do with any of Baylor's "arguments", it's always struck me as really human, really interesting, that Cameron and Brown had severe health issues with their kids, and yet still managed to make it up the slippery pole to PM. We have a number of friends with severely disabled kids, and it affects every aspect of their lives. I take my hat of to those two.

Last edited by MikeG; 16th October 2018 at 01:04 PM.
Old 16th October 2018, 01:05 PM   #89
Planigale
Master Poster

Liz is expecting another great grand child I hear.
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2018, 01:07 PM   #90
Planigale
Master Poster

Well not so much the number as the location. Blair's kids were quite capable of finding the gutter, if I remember rightly.

On a serious note, and nothing to do with any of Baylor's "arguments", it's always struck me as really human, really interesting, that Cameron and Brown had severe health issues with their kids, and yet still managed to make it up the slippery pole to PM. We have a number of friends with severely disabled kids, and it affects every aspect of their lives. I take my hat of to those two.
As does May herself. More to the point for our US readers, all get their healthcare for themselves or their children from the NHS.
Planigale is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2018, 01:22 PM   #91
P.J. Denyer
Illuminator

Say Mike, what with me having a bad memory and all, could you please remind me which 'childless' leaders were in power when the crimes were committed and tell us about the large number of children begat by the leader under whom they're being prosecuted? You know, just so I can see how right Baylor is, other wise I might think he/she's talking complete crap...
Old 16th October 2018, 01:25 PM   #92
JoeMorgue
Self Employed
Remittance Man

*Stare at giant board full of arguments connected by red string*

Okay so... raping children is racist. No... raped children are racist... no that's not it either. Rapist only rape racist children. No. Raping children makes the rapist racist. No.

"Stupidity does not cancel out stupidity to yield genius. It breeds like a bucket-full of coked out hamsters." - The Oatmeal
JoeMorgue is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2018, 01:36 PM   #93
Information Analyst
Philosopher

Gobbledegook.
Feel free to present your own calculations.
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2018, 02:10 PM   #94
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
Say Mike, what with me having a bad memory and all, could you please remind me which 'childless' leaders were in power when the crimes were committed and tell us about the large number of children begat by the leader under whom they're being prosecuted? You know, just so I can see how right Baylor is, other wise I might think he/she's talking complete crap...
The prosecutions in the Rochdale case covered offenses in the period 2008 to 2012. So that was during the premiership of the 'childless' Gordon Brown (3 children, one died in infancy).
Old 16th October 2018, 02:12 PM   #95
p0lka
Muse

nice one Baylor,
you found a thread
that you said,
didn't exist.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

EDIT: mnaa forget it.

Last edited by p0lka; 16th October 2018 at 02:39 PM.
p0lka is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2018, 07:01 PM   #96
Baylor
Philosopher

I think you may have missed theprestige offering you a little support and understanding. An explanation, even. I guess that's what happens when you set out just to antagonise.
UK police should never leave the house if they think the world is that scary.
People who aren't afraid of insults can take their positions, if there are any such 'men' left on the island.
Baylor is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2018, 07:03 PM   #97
Baylor
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Planigale View Post
As does May herself. More to the point for our US readers, all get their healthcare for themselves or their children from the NHS.
ohhh, don't get me started.

'Some doctors took to Twitter to vent their frustrations publicly. One complained of having to practice “battlefield medicine,” while another apologized for the “3rd world conditions” caused by overcrowding.'

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/03/w...h-service.html
Old 16th October 2018, 09:08 PM   #98
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Show where "leaders" had anything to do with this. This was the failure of multiple local councils and police forces, and nothing whatever to do with government.

What, by the way, does the child-producing status of our leaders have to do with anything at all? "Childless leaders" seems pretty irrelevant to me.
Sorry wrong post.

Last edited by Giordano; 16th October 2018 at 09:09 PM.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th October 2018, 09:12 PM   #99
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
More importantly: how did you come to this three year-old thread?

Oh, I see. You dug for it, looking for another reason to be outraged at the forners.
Things weren't going so well in his London no go zone thread. And then, he pops up here and resurrected this three year old thread. Humm...

Now that it is not going so well for him here we will have to see to which thread he next slips off to.

Last edited by Giordano; 16th October 2018 at 09:15 PM.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2018, 01:47 AM   #100
Information Analyst
Philosopher

ohhh, don't get me started.

'Some doctors took to Twitter to vent their frustrations publicly. One complained of having to practice “battlefield medicine,” while another apologized for the “3rd world conditions” caused by overcrowding.'

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/03/w...h-service.html
"Cuts to the National Health Service budget in Britain have left hospitals stretched over the winter for years..."

The NHS is under pressure for precisely the same reasons that the police are under pressure.
Information Analyst is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th October 2018, 01:57 AM   #101
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

UK police should never leave the house if they think the world is that scary.
People who aren't afraid of insults can take their positions, if there are any such 'men' left on the island.
Why did you quote my post when your response is nothing whatever to do with it? This really is third rate trolling now. I mean, you didn't start from a high point, but to have descended to "the police think the world is scary" (they don't), and "police are scared of insults" (they aren't) is primary level trolling at best. Do try harder, there's a good chap.
Old 17th October 2018, 01:59 AM   #102
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Baylor, could you acknowledge your error and communicate your apologies for the claim that our leaders have been childless. Thanks in anticipation.
Old 17th October 2018, 04:10 PM   #103
autumn1971
Master Poster

Those choices are not mutually exclusive
'A knave; a rascal; an eater of broken meats; a base, proud, shallow, beggardly, three-suited, hundred-pound, filthy, worsted-stocking knave; a lily-livered, action-taking knave, a whoreson, glass-gazing, superservicable, finical rogue;... the son and heir of a mongral bitch: one whom I will beat into clamorous whining, if thou deniest the least syllable of thy addition."'
-The Bard
autumn1971 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2018, 01:27 AM   #104
Baylor
Philosopher

Originally Posted by P.J. Denyer View Post
Home Secretary and barren woman Theresa May was in office during the period. It was well-known that messing with her third-world pets was off limits.
Old 18th October 2018, 01:39 AM   #105
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

Home Secretary and barren woman Theresa May was in office during the period.
No, she was in opposition. Another lie.

You do know that Gordon Brown and Theresa May are in different parties? What you've just done is the equivalent of accusing Obama for something that happened under GW Bush. How many lies is that?

Quote:
It was well-known that messing with her third-world pets was off limits.

Theresa May is reviled in some quarters for her "Hostile Environment" approach to illegal immigration during her time in the Home Office. You can't have it both ways.

Last edited by MikeG; 18th October 2018 at 01:42 AM.
Old 18th October 2018, 05:14 AM   #106
Information Analyst
Philosopher

Home Secretary and barren woman Theresa May was in office during the period. It was well-known that messing with her third-world pets was off limits.
LOL! You really haven't got a clue.

Theresa May was first elected as a Conservative Member of Parliament in 1997, the year Labour switched from Conservative to Labour. That lasted until the 2010 elction, which saw in a Conservative/Lib-Dem coalition. That was when she became Home Secretary, and oversaw what - as MikeG notes - was an acknowledged "hostile environment" to illegal migration. She became Prime Minister when she was elected as leader of the Conservative Party in 2016.

I would be fascinated to see what proof that you can come up with that it is supposedly "well-known that messing with her third-world pets was off limits."
Old 18th October 2018, 06:32 AM   #107
Tolls
Illuminator

Theresa May is reviled in some quarters for her "Hostile Environment" approach to illegal immigration during her time in the Home Office. You can't have it both ways.
Complete with vans with big signs on them essentially saying "Go Home".
Tolls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2018, 07:59 AM   #108
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Criminals who form child grooming gangs in the expectation that they'll get away with it because by the time their rapes are uncovered there'll be a new Home Secretary who doesn't know what children are seems like a strange argument.

No point overthinking it though when the whole raison d'etre is nothing to do with the crimes involved and is just kicking back due to butthurt over threads where foreigners criticise US police for being trigger happy.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2018, 09:41 AM   #109
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Criminals who form child grooming gangs in the expectation that they'll get away with it because by the time their rapes are uncovered there'll be a new Home Secretary who doesn't know what children are seems like a strange argument.

No point overthinking it though when the whole raison d'etre is nothing to do with the crimes involved and is just kicking back due to butthurt over threads where foreigners criticise US police for being trigger happy.
I second that, with the caveat that some of the non-U.S. posters criticizing U.S. law enforcement seem to be just as poorly informed on the subject matter as the poster criticizing U.K. law enforcement.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2018, 09:43 AM   #110
BStrong
Penultimate Amazing

You know less about U.K. politics and conditions than my cat does about calculus.

"Dulce bellum inexpertīs." - Erasmus
BStrong is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th October 2018, 11:53 AM   #111
Baylor
Philosopher

An argument you made up.

Barren women of Europe, many of whom are elected officials, coddle third-world migrants to fulfill their nurturing instincts, was the argument

Something else you just made up.

Last edited by Baylor; 18th October 2018 at 11:54 AM.
Old 18th October 2018, 11:56 AM   #112
Baylor
Philosopher

Originally Posted by BStrong View Post
I second that, with the caveat that some of the non-U.S. posters criticizing U.S. law enforcement seem to be just as poorly informed on the subject matter as the poster criticizing U.K. law enforcement.
This needs to be repeated, Ad infinitum
Old 18th October 2018, 11:58 AM   #113
Baylor
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Information Analyst View Post
That was when she became Home Secretary, and oversaw what - as MikeG notes - was an acknowledged "hostile environment" to illegal migration. She became Prime Minister when she was elected as leader of the Conservative Party in 2016.
In the United Kingdom, cutting illegal immigrants welfare check by 4% is considered "hostile."
Old 18th October 2018, 12:05 PM   #114
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

This needs to be repeated, Ad infinitum
When you aren't gish galloping, you're repetition of falsehoods is world class. No doubt you'll carry this particular can.
Old 18th October 2018, 12:07 PM   #115
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

In the United Kingdom, cutting illegal immigrants welfare check by 4% is considered "hostile."
In the UK, we know who our leaders were during the Doncaster grooming scandal..........a point you seem to have edged away from when you were called on it. Guess what? Theresa May was not involved at all. We also have the brains to understand that one's own parental status had no bearing on one's attitude to paedophilia.
Old 19th October 2018, 02:44 AM   #116
Information Analyst
Philosopher

Illegal immigrants don't get benefits cheques (actually mostly bank transfers these days), so there is nothing to cut in the first place.
Old 19th October 2018, 08:06 AM   #117
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

Another gang prosecuted and jailed.

BBC News - Huddersfield grooming: Twenty guilty of campaign of rape and abuse
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-45918845

These are the one that right wing idiot could have caused a mistral.
Old 19th October 2018, 08:19 AM   #118
MikeG
Now. Do it now.

.....one that right wing idiot could have caused a mistral.

Yeah, they can certainly blow a lot of hot air.
Old 19th October 2018, 08:50 AM   #119
Darat
Lackey
Administrator

AUtocorrect is going to get us all killed one day
Old 19th October 2018, 10:17 AM   #120
Garrison
Illuminator

Another gang prosecuted and jailed.

BBC News - Huddersfield grooming: Twenty guilty of campaign of rape and abuse
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-45918845

These are the one that right wing idiot could have caused a mistral.
Yep Tommy Robinson and his EDL pals will be distraught, so hard to argue the authorities are afraid to go after these people when they get life sentences.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events