ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 12th November 2019, 01:13 AM   #561
tazanastazio
Thinker
 
tazanastazio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
Did you rewrite the Bible after 2013?

Yep. That's right. You made up a fake Bible story, mixing modern technology and angels together, to justify your stupid "God is infinities" religion. It was hilarious.

Soooooo....you think angels are a species? Where is that in the Bible.

The Bible doesn't have clauses. It isn't a contract. Didn't you know? You should read it one day.

You are posting religious rubbish on a science based atheist skeptic forum.

There is no Bible verse about radioactive angels. You made the entire story up as you have not read the Bible.

Try this website to learn what is in the Bible.

The Skeptic's Annotated Bible
https://skepticsannotatedbible.com/

I simply was referring to the possibility that the Bible referred to certain matters, allegorically. There are references to Angels and Demons in the Bible but the term "radioactive Angels" is a term of your own fancy. As a true skeptic I try to view things from every perspective. And this is what I said:

From the original:

"...part of the problem is not just accelerating to light speed, making it through the friction and navigating among giant objects in space; it is also slowing down in time to avoid collision, and the whiplash and the other aforementioned effects to a living organism (not even any insects on board would perhaps make the trip). So no living breathing species could have ever possibly reached, or will ever possibly reach Earth; unless they were or will be able to navigate by other means than following the path of light (shortcuts of the universe), or they come from stars in close proximity, or unless they are other forms of energy + intelligence + matter combination. For one they shouldn't have to breath, drink, eat and move their bowels; no time to sleep from all that bouncing, the noise, and the heat from all that friction ( For comparison: Boeing 737 take off speed: 70 m/sec * Maximum allowed Boeing 737 cruise speed at 27,000: 252 m/sec * Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird max speed: 980 m/sec * automobile at 70 mph: 31 m/sec * Light Speed: 299,792,458 m/sec).


An Atheist as an Absolutist cannot be considered a Skeptic. An Agnostic could be thought of as a Skeptic, but an Atheist is someone who considers every other possibility except the possibility that God, or a Force called "God", exists.

Definition of the word "clause" according to google: "a unit of grammatical organization next below the sentence in rank and in traditional grammar said to consist of a subject and predicate."

Last edited by tazanastazio; 12th November 2019 at 01:33 AM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2019, 03:12 AM   #562
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19,337
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
An Atheist as an Absolutist cannot be considered a Skeptic. An Agnostic could be thought of as a Skeptic, but an Atheist is someone who considers every other possibility except the possibility that God, or a Force called "God", exists.
Wow. You made that up out of whole cloth. All of it is wrong
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2019, 12:54 PM   #563
Thor 2
Philosopher
 
Thor 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Brisbane, Aust.
Posts: 5,718
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Wow. You made that up out of whole cloth. All of it is wrong

Yes an amazing example of original thought.

An Absolutist Atheist! What does one of those even look like?
__________________
Thinking is a faith hazard.
Thor 2 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2019, 01:03 PM   #564
Belz...
Fiend God
 
Belz...'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: In the details
Posts: 87,107
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
You do depending on the medium; that is how the prism works and that is how we have the rainbow effect.
The speed of photons is constant.
__________________
Master of the Shining Darkness

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward


Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2019, 04:30 PM   #565
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,425
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
I simply was referring to the possibility that the Bible referred to certain matters
Nope. Faking an entire Bible story about radioactive angels, was just you lying.

Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
"...part of the problem is not just accelerating to light speed
The Bible is bronze age religious fiction. "God" and the "angels" can already move faster than the speed of light, so they can be everywhere at once.

Go away and actually read the Bible rather than spam your stupid "God is infinities" religion on a skeptic forum.

Last edited by Matthew Ellard; 12th November 2019 at 04:41 PM. Reason: fix typo
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2019, 04:40 PM   #566
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,425
Originally Posted by tazanastazio;previously
1/3 of the Angels who rebelled against God and were cast out from heaven shows), they could of course evolve an altered image by means of misusing technology (radioactivity),
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
Definition of the word "clause" according to google: "a unit of grammatical organization next below the sentence in rank and in traditional grammar said to consist of a subject and predicate."
The Bible is broken down into verses and chapters and not "clauses" as you claimed. You have never read the Bible and thus didn't know that. That's why you forged a Bible story and didn't know we could ask for its chapter and verse.

Why (and How) Are Bible Chapters and Verses Numbered?
http://www.bibleodyssey.org/tools/bi...-numbered.aspx

Go away and actually read the Bible and stop making up stories.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2019, 05:03 PM   #567
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,425
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
This clause simply says, that if we or other species were to live long enough to go through a thermonuclear war, or otherwise misuse radiation WE/THEY MAY HAVE OUR/THEIR APPEARANCE ALTERED through teratogeny and other effects of radiation.
1) The Bible does not have "clauses"
2) The Bible does not mention nuclear war with the angels
3) Angels are not a "species".
4) Radiation does not turn adults into monsters ( except in B-Grade 1950's science fiction movies)


//////////////////////////////////

Your posts have become more incoherent and random in thought, than usual. You should have a break and relocate to a religious forum. You will have more luck at these forums. Currently, you have chosen to post on a forum that laughs at bad science and religion. It is like Adolf Hitler posting on a Jewish forum and wondering why everyone is attacking his ideas about exterminating Jews.

/////////////////////////////////////////

The God like productions forum (for alternative religious & philosophical interpretations, not restricted by existing science.)
https://www.godlikeproductions.com/

The David Icke Forum (for alternative views into the nature of reality
not restricted by the existing science framework)
https://social.davidicke.com/

SCEPCOP Forum ("Skeptical Police")(for alternative views on reality that are attacked by scientific skeptics on skeptic and science forums)
http://www.debunkingskeptics.com/forum/index.php

I do not post on any of these forums.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2019, 01:34 AM   #568
tazanastazio
Thinker
 
tazanastazio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
1) The Bible does not have "clauses"
2) The Bible does not mention nuclear war with the angels
3) Angels are not a "species".
4) Radiation does not turn adults into monsters ( except in B-Grade 1950's science fiction movies)
1) I was not referring to the Bible, but to what I wrote back in 2013; which was not related to this thread, and should not have been posted here without my permission; which thread in order to have been deleted as per my granted by the administrator request back then, according to the administrator, all posts under it would also had to have been deleted as well. You therefore searched for it, or asked for it and obtained it, again without my permission; and copied and pasted and posted, by clipping and re-attaching what would serve your purpose, again without my permission; given that as the sole author of the thread, I have the first, the only, and the final say on what, from my writing, is posted anywhere else, other than where I had chosen to post it. In your desperation to make a point you acted repeatedly, and unequivocally, as a trinket peddler, and a tin-horn lawyer. What is more, despite my continuous willingness to disregard such quite important for most people matters, you continue with your crooked ways. You want a break! Quit the nonsense!

2) I didn't say it did. I was referring to a nuclear war on a given planet. We almost had one on Earth. We also had nuclear fall outs (Nevada, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Chernobyl, Fukushima).

3) If Angels did exist, they would in some form or another.

4) I wasn't speaking about "adults"; I used the word "teratogeny" ( Teratgenesis - Greek word "Tera"-Monstrous / , "geny" - birth) look it up!

https://www.aafp.org/afp/2010/0901/p488.html

Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
Your posts have become more incoherent and random in thought, than usual. You should have a break and relocate to a religious forum. You will have more luck at these forums. Currently, you have chosen to post on a forum that laughs at bad science and religion. It is like Adolf Hitler posting on a Jewish forum and wondering why everyone is attacking his ideas about exterminating Jews.
Your analogy would have been successful, if I had ever even imagined putting Atheists in concentration camps; or if it ever even remotely crossed my mind to exterminate anything other than certain bugs (or germs). Infinitism though, is all about personal and social positivity. It is hard sometimes to keep a positive attitude amidst the barrage of constant negativity, true be told, without stress and harm to your health which is another form of negativity, "but who can attain to their ideal." Especially when dealing with deviousness, dishonesty and trickery.

Well in striving for positivity, to at least retain a balance amidst the negativity, sometimes all one can do is stay as positive as the circumstances allow for, without being hurt or making the situation worse for himself or anyone else for that matter. After all, "if you keep on getting slapped on the face, and turning over a cheek, you'll quickly run out of cheeks that can tolerate further slapping; further negativity is generated. Now you hurt those who care for you, because among other things, you have also run out of cheeks that can tolerate any endearing behavior on them by your significant other. I don't slap you, you don't slap me, "Kum ba ya"; you break the deal, you face the music, simple.

It is a bet with quite the odds in favor though; especially if one pays no mind to trivial matters such as "ethics", to just throw things out their at the bottom of a thread. Most people, after all, don't have the time, the aptitude or the disposition; to scroll up, and click back, to further scroll up and down, and search and compare statements. Especially on a cell phone, where constant zooming of the view is required to not get cross-eyed or have a headache. "Tapatalk" helps, but has only minimal functionality in scrolling, or editing. Now if you forget to copy your writing after being required to re-log a few times; for security purposes I imagine, you will have to start all over, because often times you are not directed automatically back to the posting page. Which explains my sometimes disregard for spelling and grammatical structure.

So throwing mud works. Some doubt will stick in people's mind, and for some people who have all their arguments nullified, the aces left in their pocket or their sleeves, are deceit, defamation, character assassination, and the insulting of people's intelligence. Nevertheless a bet is a bet, and requires risks taken. When you attempt to throw curve-balls, you may slip and fall and get hurt. You may overestimate your intelligence, and underestimate the cognitive ability of other people too much. Baseball is not for everybody, and neither is betting. Some people better stick to playing marbles while trying to keep them marbles together, and without the betting. When cheating on cards, you may get caught and get the tar and the feathers.

In regards to the links mentioned; I like this site just fine. Last time I checked this is the "Religion and Philosophy" topic. This is my thread, and I'll post it wherever I see fit posting it. This is a skeptics forum, and as far as I can tell, the only certainty is the Infinite; so I am posting on the right forum.


Pyrrho of Elis (b. circa 360 BCE):

"Whoever wants to live well (eudaimonia) must consider these three questions: First, how are pragmata (ethical matters, affairs, topics) by nature? Secondly, what attitude should we adopt towards them? Thirdly, what will be the outcome for those who have this attitude?"

"As for pragmata they are all adiaphora (undifferentiated by a logical differentia), astathmēta (unstable, unbalanced, not measurable), and anepikrita (unjudged, unfixed, undecidable). Therefore, neither our sense-perceptions nor our doxai (views, theories, beliefs) tell us the truth or lie; so we certainly should not rely on them. Rather, we should be adoxastous (without views), aklineis (uninclined toward this side or that), and akradantous (unwavering in our refusal to choose), saying about every single one that it no more is than it is not or it both is and is not or it neither is nor is not."


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosophical_skepticism

Last edited by tazanastazio; 13th November 2019 at 02:21 AM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2019, 06:31 PM   #569
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,425
Originally Posted by tazanastazio in 2013
1/3 of the Angels who rebelled against God and were cast out from heaven shows), they could of course evolve an altered image by means of misusing technology (radioactivity),
Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard
1) The Bible does not have "clauses"
2) The Bible does not mention nuclear war with the angels
3) Angels are not a "species".
4) Radiation does not turn adults into monsters ( except in B-Grade 1950's science fiction movies)
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
1) I was not referring to the Bible, but to what I wrote back in 2013
Try again. What verse and chapter of the Bible has radioactive angels?

Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
2) I didn't say it did. I was referring to a nuclear war on a given planet.
You specifically said angels disguising themselves with radioactivity. It was hilarious
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2019, 06:35 PM   #570
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,425
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
... you continue with your crooked ways.
You forged an entire story from the Bible and got caught.

You then called the verse and chapters of the Bible "clauses" because you never actually read the Bible.

You are very funny.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2019, 06:38 PM   #571
tazanastazio
Thinker
 
tazanastazio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
You forged an entire story from the Bible and got caught.

You then called the verse and chapters of the Bible "clauses" because you never actually read the Bible.

You are very funny.
Yada, yada ... more static and noise, and gobbledygook! Whatever.

Last edited by tazanastazio; 13th November 2019 at 06:47 PM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2019, 06:48 PM   #572
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,425
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
Yada, yada ... more static and noise and gobbledygook! Whatever.
Soooooo.....you can't find the radioactive angels in the Bible, that you posted about. Surprise Surprise
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th November 2019, 08:20 PM   #573
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,425
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
I simply was referring to the possibility that the Bible referred to certain matters
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
I was not referring to the Bible, but to what I wrote back in 2013;
Make up your mind.

Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
all posts under it would also had to have been deleted as well.
Nope. You demanded that all your posts were deleted. That didn't mean our posts quoting you were deleted.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2019, 09:00 AM   #574
tazanastazio
Thinker
 
tazanastazio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 240
Y
Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
Soooooo.....you can't find the radioactive angels in the Bible, that you posted about. Surprise Surprise
Blah, Blah, Blah...and so on, and what not; and more blather and malarkey, and more repetative washing machine noise.

Last edited by tazanastazio; 14th November 2019 at 09:06 AM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2019, 04:52 PM   #575
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,425
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
Blah, Blah, Blah...and so on, and what not; and more blather and malarkey, and more repetative (repetitive) washing machine noise.
OK. Let us recap where we are

As for religion, you made up a biblical story about radioactive angels and got caught. You then promoted your own alternative "God is infinity" religion on a atheist skeptic forum

As for history, you claimed the last Emperor was Constantine the Great as you didn't know about the fifty emperors after him in both the East and Western empires.

As for science, you haven't got any evidence for your "everything is particles" claim, while simultaneously ignoring the last 250 years of scientific theory and supporting experiments for electromagnetic waves.

As for skepticism, you claim to be the only "true-skeptic" forgetting that skeptics use the scientific method and supporting experiments, that you ignore.

You then make us all laugh by declaring victory while simultaneously re-writing your original claim.

Have I missed anything?
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2019, 06:31 PM   #576
tazanastazio
Thinker
 
tazanastazio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
OK. Let us recap where we are

As for religion, you made up a biblical story about radioactive angels and got caught. You then promoted your own alternative "God is infinity" religion on a atheist skeptic forum

As for history, you claimed the last Emperor was Constantine the Great as you didn't know about the fifty emperors after him in both the East and Western empires.

As for science, you haven't got any evidence for your "everything is particles" claim, while simultaneously ignoring the last 250 years of scientific theory and supporting experiments for electromagnetic waves.

As for skepticism, you claim to be the only "true-skeptic" forgetting that skeptics use the scientific method and supporting experiments, that you ignore.

You then make us all laugh by declaring victory while simultaneously re-writing your original claim.

Have I missed anything?

You've missed the fact that none of the above is true, or you pretend you have; and that speaks volumes by itself.

Last edited by tazanastazio; 14th November 2019 at 07:09 PM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2019, 06:38 PM   #577
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,425
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
You missed the fact that none of the above is true, or you pretend you have.
Nope. It is all true.

Bad luck son. You can't ask the mods to delete your posts this time. Every ridiculous post you have ever made, is here forever when anyone does an internet search for "tazanastazio"
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2019, 06:42 PM   #578
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,425
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
What does that say about your intellectual level or your character?
That I shredded your hilarious religious claims and complete fabrications, on our skeptic forum and not one other poster agreed with any of the crap you posted.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2019, 07:18 PM   #579
tazanastazio
Thinker
 
tazanastazio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
Nope. It is all true.

Bad luck son. You can't ask the mods to delete your posts this time. Every ridiculous post you have ever made, is here forever when anyone does an internet search for "tazanastazio"
I don't mind of anything that I've posted here one bit. In fact I hope it becomes well renowned in the world and it lasts forever!

Last edited by tazanastazio; 14th November 2019 at 07:40 PM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2019, 07:24 PM   #580
tazanastazio
Thinker
 
tazanastazio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
That I shredded your hilarious religious claims and complete fabrications, on our skeptic forum and not one other poster agreed with any of the crap you posted.

Bullflakes.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th November 2019, 08:21 PM   #581
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,425
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
I don't mind of anything that I've posted here one bit. In fact I hope it becomes well renowned in the world and it lasts forever!
I already know you are lying and you are very upset. You already had Pyrrho delete all your previous posts on the Skeptic Society Forum as you were so humiliated and embarrassed about your earlier insane claims.


"Stundies" : Your nonsense posts will be added to the eleven other current threads, by lunatics, making alternative bad-science claims.
They will then be added to the thousands of earlier insane claims.

If anyone searches "tazanastazio infinitism"......they can laugh at you again.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2019, 01:38 AM   #582
tazanastazio
Thinker
 
tazanastazio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
Yada, yada...blah, blah, blah...
Like I've already said,

Bullflakes!

I'll do you one better, as always! I hope the first Google hit for the word "infinitism" to lead to "Taz Anastazio" on the first page, and that first page to include a link to this very thread! The same goes for Bing, Duckduckgo, any other search engine and successors. Nay! I'll do you even better than that! I hope this thread is included in an International Skeptics Forum hard bound publication, that'd occupy a shelf of every chain bookstore of every English speaking country, and quite the number within the rest of the world! I'd be very proud in fact, if I was to elaborate about this very thread, in the media across the globe!

"Son", if I was to tell you that the occurance of any of the aforementioned would make me "very upset",
that would be a lie!

Hasta luego chamaquito, vaya con Dios.

Last edited by tazanastazio; 15th November 2019 at 02:54 AM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2019, 04:10 PM   #583
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,425
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
I'll do you one better, I hope the first Google hit for the word "infinitism" to lead to "Taz Anastazio" on the first page, and that first page to include a link to this very thread!
Nope. It leads to the Wikipedia page on "Infinitism", from where normal people understand you stole the word from, for your new invented "religion".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinitism

In contrast, a search for "Tazanastazio" will lead them to your posts, where you don't even know what a magnet is and your claims about biblical radioactive angels..

That's why you deleted all your similar posts on the Skeptic Society Forum out of embarrassment. Did you forget again?
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2019, 09:52 PM   #584
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,425
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
I hope this thread is included in an International Skeptics Forum hard bound publication, that'd occupy a shelf of every chain bookstore of every English speaking country
Like this?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ISF book 2.jpg (52.1 KB, 4 views)
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2019, 10:32 PM   #585
tazanastazio
Thinker
 
tazanastazio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
[color="Navy"]Nope. It leads to the Wikipedia page on "Infinitism" yada, yada...blah, blah, blah
All philosophical concepts may bear some truth or may be correct to a degree, but no absolutism would be accurate, other than the certainty of the Infinite, and that the infinite has no duplicate.

The concept of a segment, or a sequence of events with a beginning and an end, or a circle of events; can be used to describe everything within the Infinite, which is finite, not the Infinite.

An occurence is preceded by a sequence of infinite events but no absolutes in relation to any such sequence (regression or progression) would be accurate.

No philosophy would justifiably claim the name "Infinitism" other than the philosophy that pertains to the Infinite itself; to the mathematical infinity as extended to every other scientific discipline and extrapolated to existence; and which adheres to the aforementioned principles?

Any other philosophy so far, either barely, slightly, or inadequate approaches the concept of what infinitism should truly be about, or misuses the term altogether.

The term "infinite" and its derivatives were used many times in the past by mathematicians; along with authors and philosophers (Anaximander, Giordano Bruno, Victor Hugo), to describe some of the attributes of that which is not finite. I simply have extrapolated the concept to its full infinite extent.

Last edited by tazanastazio; 15th November 2019 at 10:49 PM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2019, 10:41 PM   #586
tazanastazio
Thinker
 
tazanastazio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
Like this?
ISF book 2.jpg
(you actually wasted your time to put together this pointless picture! Ha, ha, ha!)

Any lawyer who is worth his/her pay, would tell you that publishing an author's work without approval; let alone, paraphrasing an author's work, especially in an effort to defame the author; is grounds for a successful lawsuit. In fact you don't need a lawyer to tell you that, is common knowledge! What is more, any pupil is even taught not to plagiarize from the junior high level! Don't waste my time anymore with nonsense! I'm busy.

20191115_163545.jpg

Hasta la vista chamaquito.

Last edited by tazanastazio; 15th November 2019 at 11:59 PM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2019, 11:01 PM   #587
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,425
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
All philosophical concepts may bear some truth or may be correct to a degree, ......
Hilariously, you unwittingly stole the word Infinitism from an already existing philosophical concept. Anyone looking up "Infinitism" will go to discussion on that topic.

Infinitism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinitism
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2019, 11:05 PM   #588
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,425
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
Any lawyer who is worth his/her pay, would tell you that publishing an author's work without approval; let alone, paraphrasing an author's work, especially in an effort to defame the author; is grounds for a successful lawsuit.
No. As a lawyer I can inform you that excerpts can be used in both positive and negative reviews.

You really don't have a clue about anything, do you?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ISF book 2.jpg (52.1 KB, 2 views)
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2019, 11:12 PM   #589
tazanastazio
Thinker
 
tazanastazio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by Matthew Ellard View Post
No. As a lawyer I can inform you that excerpts can be used in both positive and negative reviews.

You really don't have a clue about anything, do you?
Give it a try then; with your name included in sharing the responsibility of the publication, and I'll see you in court.
I did say "any lawyer who is worth his/her pay", didn't I?

Last edited by tazanastazio; 15th November 2019 at 11:46 PM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2019, 12:41 AM   #590
Matthew Ellard
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,425
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
Give it a try then; with your name included in sharing the responsibility of the publication, and I'll see you in court.
I did say "any lawyer who is worth his/her pay", didn't I?
1) I am a lawyer. You haven't got a clue.

2) You don't know anything about "Fair use" of copyright. I do


"“Fair use” is the right to use portions of copyrighted materials without permission for purposes of education, commentary, or parody. ..".

3) I have no need to copy your posts into a book, as they are already here for people to laugh at you.

If anyone were bothered to review "your book" on philosophical infinitism they would have a non-stop party quoting your posts on "radioactive angels" and other nonsense, that have nothing to do with the existing philosophical field of infinitism.

Philosophical Infinitism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinitism

What makes you very funny is that you didn't bother to check first if "inifinitism" was already being used since the 19th century by philosophers.
Matthew Ellard is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2019, 03:29 AM   #591
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19,337
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
Any lawyer who is worth his/her pay, would tell you that publishing an author's work without approval; let alone, paraphrasing an author's work, especially in an effort to defame the author; is grounds for a successful lawsuit.
Veiled threats of legal action are grounds, on this site, for instant banning. You are unaware of that because you were to lazy to read the T's and C's.

Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
In fact you don't need a lawyer to tell you that, is common knowledge!
That same lawyer, if he/she is worth their pay, would also explain the concept of fair use to you. Of course you would not understand said concept. An ethical lawyer would decline to take such a case. An unethical lawyer would agree to take your money. Either way, such a case would dismally fail.

Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
What is more, any pupil is even taught not to plagiarize from the junior high level!
Citations are not plagiarism. Didn't you know that?

Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
Don't waste my time anymore with nonsense!
Yet you are quite prepared to waste everyone else's time with your crap, including your own. That is called hypocrisy.

Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
I'm busy.
Clearly, you are not busy at all. You have any amount of time to write your screeds on multiple websites.

SO let us summarise.

1. You have a messed up version of how the universe works.
2. You have absolutely no evidence that your messed up idea might even be vaguely true.
3. Your messed up idea flies in the face of ALL available evidence.
4. When challenged, you descend into veiled legal threats. Because your notion is so logically fragile and bereft of evidential support that you have nothing left in the locker.

Somehow, you think this BS should be persuasive to others. And you are frustrated when nobody finds it remotely persuasive. To the extent that you will hurl random threats of legal action against your critics. To silence them. Or at least try to do so.

As an observer, the situation is rather different to me.

Your notion is crank science at it's worst, you have absolutely no evidence for any of your claims, you are willing to do and say anything to protect your notion from criticism even if truth and honesty are casualties along the way.

Now, when somebody, anybody, rocks up and makes an extraordinary claim, as far as I am concerned, they all get placed in the same category. Extraordinary claims. All of those are dismissed unless and until the proponent can produce evidence, actual evidence, to support the claim made. So far, YOU have reached the stage of having a claim. And have then refused to go any further than said claim. So far, all you have managed is "because I say so" as support for your useless notion. And that is not sufficient for anything. It just does not cut the evidential mustard in any way shape or form.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2019, 06:13 AM   #592
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA Home to the Deep State.
Posts: 19,294
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
Don't waste my time anymore with nonsense! I'm busy.
What's sad is that what you call time wasting most people would call education. The real waste is that in all the time you've spent here, you seem to have learned nothing.
__________________
A MAGA hat = a Swastika arm band. A vote for Trump is a vote for treason.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2019, 07:36 AM   #593
tazanastazio
Thinker
 
tazanastazio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Veiled threats of legal action are grounds, on this site, for instant banning. You are unaware of that because you were to lazy to read the T's and C's.

That same lawyer, if he/she is worth their pay, would also explain the concept of fair use to you. Of course you would not understand said concept. An ethical lawyer would decline to take such a case. An unethical lawyer would agree to take your money. Either way, such a case would dismally fail.

Citations are not plagiarism. Didn't you know that?

Yet you are quite prepared to waste everyone else's time with your crap, including your own. That is called hypocrisy.

Clearly, you are not busy at all. You have any amount of time to write your screeds on multiple websites.

SO let us summarise.

1. You have a messed up version of how the universe works.
2. You have absolutely no evidence that your messed up idea might even be vaguely true.
3. Your messed up idea flies in the face of ALL available evidence.
4. When challenged, you descend into veiled legal threats. Because your notion is so logically fragile and bereft of evidential support that you have nothing left in the locker.

Somehow, you think this BS should be persuasive to others. And you are frustrated when nobody finds it remotely persuasive. To the extent that you will hurl random threats of legal action against your critics. To silence them. Or at least try to do so.

As an observer, the situation is rather different to me.

Your notion is crank science at it's worst, you have absolutely no evidence for any of your claims, you are willing to do and say anything to protect your notion from criticism even if truth and honesty are casualties along the way.

Now, when somebody, anybody, rocks up and makes an extraordinary claim, as far as I am concerned, they all get placed in the same category. Extraordinary claims. All of those are dismissed unless and until the proponent can produce evidence, actual evidence, to support the claim made. So far, YOU have reached the stage of having a claim. And have then refused to go any further than said claim. So far, all you have managed is "because I say so" as support for your useless notion. And that is not sufficient for anything. It just does not cut the evidential mustard in any way shape or form.
1st, I don't mind any criticism on THIS thread alone.
What Matthew Ellard was joking about was publishing a book with certain title and subscript of title. I was referring to that alone. I was not even referring to the fact that he took liberties with published work of mine from another forum posted on ANOTHER web site, in some cases about 10 years ago, misrepresenting the original posts; which even if they were available for comparison, people would not bother.

2nd, this is the third time I mention that everyone has a mind and an opinion of their own. I'll add to that: "or have ceratain opinion or support a viewpoint for various reasons.

Last edited by tazanastazio; 16th November 2019 at 08:34 AM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2019, 10:11 AM   #594
tazanastazio
Thinker
 
tazanastazio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
What's sad is that what you call time wasting most people would call education. The real waste is that in all the time you've spent here, you seem to have learned nothing.
I was referring to Matthew Ellard's nonsense Graig; Don't take things personally. As a matter of fact I find this forum very educational. Additionally it is proven by neuroscience that social association and conversation enhances cognitive ability, by means of the building of neuroconnections; and therefore contributes to the thwarting of natural mental degeneration that may happen with aging; and to people's general well being. But when it is done with negativity, and that negativity is let to affect people beyond a certain degree, it becomes stressful and counterproductive and can even be damaging to their health.

Besides, I think we have just about exchausted the subject.

Last edited by tazanastazio; 16th November 2019 at 10:25 AM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2019, 10:22 AM   #595
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19,337
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
[color="DarkRed"][b]1st, I don't mind any criticism on THIS thread alone.
Really? K. Your crank notions suck in every way possible. They explain nothing, not even basic facts already established. They have exactly zero evidence in favour of them and all established evidence shows them to be utter bollocks. When your notion is challenged you have only two tactics: Make up some brand new crap or ignore the challenge and pretend it never happened.

Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
What Matthew Ellard was joking about was publishing a book with certain title and subscript of title. I was referring to that alone.
Sure. But while everyone else understood that it was not a real publication you did not. We know this because you immediately introduced "law suit" "libel" "slander" and veiled legal threats into the conversation.If your crackpot notion had any substance to it you would have defended it on it's own merits. You only introduced the veiled legal threats because at some level, you understand that you are unable to defend your mad notion because there is no substance to start with.

Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
I was not even referring to the fact that he took liberties with published work of mine from another forum posted on ANOTHER web site, in some cases about 10 years ago, misrepresenting the original posts; which even if they were available for comparison, people would not bother.
It so happens that I am a member there also. So your BS is plainly apparent to me. Your posts are not available because YOU demanded their deletion. Your attempt at revisionism is noted and dismissed.

Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
2nd, this is the third time I mention that everyone has a mind and an opinion of their own. I'll add to that: "or have ceratain opinion or support a viewpoint for various reasons.
Everyone does indeed have the right to their own opinion. Nobody has the right to their own facts.


Now, you rocked up here with your wild claim that "god is infinities". For starters, nobody anywhere ever has demonstrated that there is a god in the first place. In fact, were you to do so, you would be the first in all human history. Unless and until you can demonstrate that some god exists, anything else you may claim is moot and worthless.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2019, 12:50 PM   #596
tazanastazio
Thinker
 
tazanastazio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Really?...etc.
I'm glad you got it out of your system Abbadon; now excuse me while I enjoy and appreciate my glimpse of the Infinite:

20191116_110730.jpg

Last edited by tazanastazio; 16th November 2019 at 01:50 PM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2019, 02:01 PM   #597
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 19,337
Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
I'm glad you got it out of your system Abbadon; now excuse me while I enjoy and appreciate my glimpse of the Infinite:

Attachment 41087
There is nothing infinite in that image.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2019, 02:07 PM   #598
tazanastazio
Thinker
 
tazanastazio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
There is nothing infinite in that image.
As with everything else, that is also a matter of perception; even a glimpse of the Infinite is an infinity in itself.

Last edited by tazanastazio; 16th November 2019 at 02:12 PM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2019, 03:09 PM   #599
sackett
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Detroit
Posts: 5,737
I just felt a breeze

Originally Posted by tazanastazio View Post
As with everything else, that is also a matter of perception; even a glimpse of the Infinite is an infinity in itself.
Gettin' oracular in here.
__________________
Fill the seats of justice with good men; not so absolute in goodness as to forget what human frailty is. -- Thomas Jefferson

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2019, 04:14 PM   #600
tazanastazio
Thinker
 
tazanastazio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 240
Originally Posted by sackett View Post
Gettin' oracular in here.
Just stating the fact of life:

The Infinite is the only certainty, everything else is a matter of perception and perspective.

20191116_120400.jpg

Last edited by tazanastazio; 16th November 2019 at 04:19 PM.
tazanastazio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:51 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.