IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 13th December 2020, 07:50 AM   #1721
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 18,480
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
The reason Barr kept the Hunter investigation hidden from Trump was to make a conviction possible.
If Trump had made a public spectacle of it, no judge could have found an unbiased jury.
Barr did not do the Bidens any favors.
That of course assumes 1) Hunter broke the law, to the point where he could be convicted, 2) Barr actually cares about enforcing the law, or at least that it takes priority over political goals.

I am leaning towards "he didn't think it would help Trump's campaign ENOUGH and didn't want to tarnish his image further."

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk
__________________
Trust me, I know what I'm doing. - Sledgehammer

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 10:47 AM   #1722
StillSleepy
Muse
 
StillSleepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Where the wild goose goes
Posts: 611
Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
That of course assumes 1) Hunter broke the law, to the point where he could be convicted, 2) Barr actually cares about enforcing the law, or at least that it takes priority over political goals.

I am leaning towards "he didn't think it would help Trump's campaign ENOUGH and didn't want to tarnish his image further."

Sent from my LM-X320 using Tapatalk
My take is that it's a simple decision with no substantial loss and a possibility of gain for Barr. Barr gets to cover his *** by investigating Hunter as the GOP desires without having a mass media meltdown, if he gets solid evidence of fraud and announces it he could swing the pendulum in the GOP's favor. If he doesn't, he can't be accused of interfering with the election by either party for "just doing his job."
__________________
I just want some outdoors left to enjoy. The wild is already artificial enough as it is.

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 10:54 AM   #1723
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 90,853
Originally Posted by StillSleepy View Post
My take is that it's a simple decision with no substantial loss and a possibility of gain for Barr. Barr gets to cover his *** by investigating Hunter as the GOP desires without having a mass media meltdown, if he gets solid evidence of fraud and announces it he could swing the pendulum in the GOP's favor. If he doesn't, he can't be accused of interfering with the election by either party for "just doing his job."
So why do you suppose he didn't?
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 11:07 AM   #1724
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 29,813
Originally Posted by eerok View Post
I never imagined Barr to be a good human, but I think he turned out to be a better human than I thought he was. It's not a high bar. So to speak.
He might be better. But all of this could also simply be self serving. I also think that he may have grown to despise Trump. This is not hard to imagine. Trump uses people and the moment you show any Independence he tosses you under the bus.

Barr has always been a self serving cretin. I don't buy he grew a conscience.
__________________
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get to me.
.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 11:29 AM   #1725
StillSleepy
Muse
 
StillSleepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Where the wild goose goes
Posts: 611
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
So why do you suppose he didn't?
I am unclear on which action you are referring to.
ETA: I'm referring to his decision to have the young Bidens investigated without announcing it prior to or during the election.
__________________
I just want some outdoors left to enjoy. The wild is already artificial enough as it is.

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”

Last edited by StillSleepy; 13th December 2020 at 11:31 AM.
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 11:56 AM   #1726
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 90,853
Originally Posted by StillSleepy View Post
I am unclear on which action you are referring to.
ETA: I'm referring to his decision to have the young Bidens investigated without announcing it prior to or during the election.
Yes, that is what I'm referring to.

You posted there was no downside to Barr investigating Hunter. Then why didn't Barr make it a public affair.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 12:03 PM   #1727
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 11,232
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
He might be better. But all of this could also simply be self serving. I also think that he may have grown to despise Trump. This is not hard to imagine. Trump uses people and the moment you show any Independence he tosses you under the bus.

Barr has always been a self serving cretin. I don't buy he grew a conscience.
I think it is almost certainly this, plus the fact Barr has a brain and can think at least a few moves ahead. Not chess grand master deep thought, but enough to know how to have this particular investigation organised to his own best advantage, i.e. quietly so Donny doesn't hear about it.
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 12:13 PM   #1728
StillSleepy
Muse
 
StillSleepy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Where the wild goose goes
Posts: 611
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Yes, that is what I'm referring to.



You posted there was no downside to Barr investigating Hunter. Then why didn't Barr make it a public affair.
The combination of investigating Biden without announcing it doesn't have much of a downside, not the mere investigating of Biden. Announcing the Biden investigation would have created a three ring circus between Trump and the media, and would have left Barr without an out with Trump if the investigation turned up nothing. Basically it gives him plausible deniability for both parties.
__________________
I just want some outdoors left to enjoy. The wild is already artificial enough as it is.

"Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher's salary." ~ Patrick F. McManus, “Never Sniff A Gift Fish”
StillSleepy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 01:18 PM   #1729
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 29,813
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
I think it is almost certainly this, plus the fact Barr has a brain and can think at least a few moves ahead. Not chess grand master deep thought, but enough to know how to have this particular investigation organised to his own best advantage, i.e. quietly so Donny doesn't hear about it.
What is Trump going to do to him? Fire him? Trump could ill afford to fire him and have some career Deputy AG not in the least bit loyal to Trump continue on in his place until Congress approves a new AG. I despise Barr, but I have no reason to question his intelligence.
__________________
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get to me.
.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 01:51 PM   #1730
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing
 
dudalb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 53,429
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
What is Trump going to do to him? Fire him? Trump could ill afford to fire him and have some career Deputy AG not in the least bit loyal to Trump continue on in his place until Congress approves a new AG. I despise Barr, but I have no reason to question his intelligence.

Yeah, Trump always acts in a rational and logical manner.....
__________________
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 02:02 PM   #1731
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 24,782
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Yes, that is what I'm referring to.

You posted there was no downside to Barr investigating Hunter. Then why didn't Barr make it a public affair.
I think it's entirely possible that the career attorneys simply didn't tell him or didn't tell him about Hunter's role in their investigation. They've all seen Barr intervene in DoJ cases to Trump's political advantage. They've all also been told to do things by Barr that make no sense and would damage their ability to prosecute. He might have known Hunter was a known associate of this Chinese business person but not told he was also a person on interest.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 02:29 PM   #1732
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 29,813
Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Yeah, Trump always acts in a rational and logical manner.....
No he doesn't. Who's to say whether he comprehends the futility of firing Barr at this moment. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Actually, I'm saying Barr is giving him the benefit of the doubt.
__________________
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get to me.
.

Last edited by acbytesla; 13th December 2020 at 02:40 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 02:53 PM   #1733
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler
 
Horatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 29,511
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
I think it's entirely possible that the career attorneys simply didn't tell him or didn't tell him about Hunter's role in their investigation. They've all seen Barr intervene in DoJ cases to Trump's political advantage. They've all also been told to do things by Barr that make no sense and would damage their ability to prosecute. He might have known Hunter was a known associate of this Chinese business person but not told he was also a person on interest.


It's also possible that he knew the ongoing investigation wasn't turning up any actual evidence. The fiasco of the Hunter Biden Laptops was bad enough, imagine how it would have looked if the DoJ had also tried to lay a lame tax fraud charge on him, and failed?
__________________
Obviously, that means cats are indeed evil and that ownership or display of a feline is an overt declaration of one's affiliation with dark forces. - Cl1mh4224rd
Horatius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 03:08 PM   #1734
dirtywick
Illuminator
 
dirtywick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,237
if there was something there, Barr wouldn't be shy about saying so. but Trump wasn't asking that of him. Trump asking Barr to intervene in the voter fraud PR stunts and he refused to do that also.

Barr has played fast and loose with facts and interpretation of them in the past but i think what Trump is asking of him now is too far even for him
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 03:50 PM   #1735
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning
 
a_unique_person's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waiting for the pod bay door to open.
Posts: 43,717
Barr did his job of saving Trump's presidency. He came to realise, like just about everyone else, that Trump is a total jerk and list interest in him when the end was coming.
__________________
Continually pushing the boundaries of mediocrity.
Everything is possible, but not everything is probable.
“Perception is real, but the truth is not.” - Imelda Marcos
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 05:01 PM   #1736
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 11,232
Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
It's also possible that he knew the ongoing investigation wasn't turning up any actual evidence. The fiasco of the Hunter Biden Laptops was bad enough, imagine how it would have looked if the DoJ had also tried to lay a lame tax fraud charge on him, and failed?
Especially since Donny, his lord and master and paymaster, is going to face multiple real and viable tax fraud charges the moment he leaves office.
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 05:24 PM   #1737
Hercules56
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,161
Originally Posted by dirtywick View Post
if there was something there, Barr wouldn't be shy about saying so. but Trump wasn't asking that of him. Trump asking Barr to intervene in the voter fraud PR stunts and he refused to do that also.

Barr has played fast and loose with facts and interpretation of them in the past but i think what Trump is asking of him now is too far even for him
Its because of things like this that I think its possible Donny may be doing all this just to raise money, and not because he thinks actual serious fraud took place.

I really don't think he would consider his own AG to be an enemy trying to hobble him. Or maybe I am wrong and Trump really is that insane.
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 05:37 PM   #1738
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Canada, eh?
Posts: 18,480
And the relationship between Stubby McBonespurs and Bill "Flintstone" Barr is getting nastier..

From:The Independent
Attorney General Bill Barr has reportedly compared Donald Trump's attacks on him as a “deposed king ranting"...
__________________
Trust me, I know what I'm doing. - Sledgehammer

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 06:08 PM   #1739
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 24,782
Or it's possible Barr just wanted revenge. Trump had been calling out Barr for not arresting or launching investigations into Biden for a while. Barr seems like the type of guy who would do something like these and tell Trump at their last parting that he did it to hurt him.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 06:10 PM   #1740
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing
 
Craig4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: I live in a swamp
Posts: 24,782
Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
And the relationship between Stubby McBonespurs and Bill "Flintstone" Barr is getting nastier..

From:The Independent
Attorney General Bill Barr has reportedly compared Donald Trump's attacks on him as a “deposed king ranting"...
That was a quote intended to get leaked.
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 06:14 PM   #1741
Hercules56
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 2,161
Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
And the relationship between Stubby McBonespurs and Bill "Flintstone" Barr is getting nastier..

From:The Independent
Attorney General Bill Barr has reportedly compared Donald Trump's attacks on him as a “deposed king ranting"...
Would be awesome if Trump fires Barr.

Will just show how messed up a POTUS he is.
Hercules56 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 06:34 PM   #1742
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 29,813
Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
And the relationship between Stubby McBonespurs and Bill "Flintstone" Barr is getting nastier..

From:The Independent
Attorney General Bill Barr has reportedly compared Donald Trump's attacks on him as a “deposed king ranting"...
It's funny because it really doesn't matter. Trump could fire Barr. And Barr is sitting there thinking "ooooh". "So?"

All these Trump sycophants are making a huge mistake. They would be better off standing up to Trump now. In fact, this is a perfect time to turn on him.
__________________
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get to me.
.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 07:49 PM   #1743
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 11,232
Getting fired by Donny could be a perverse sort of badge of honour.
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th December 2020, 11:05 PM   #1744
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 16,973
Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Getting fired by Donny could be a perverse sort of badge of honour.
For Republicans looking for a career with the Party, getting fired by Trump is better than quitting.

For people with a moral compass, it's the other way around.
__________________
"Metaphysics is a restaurant where they give you a thirty thousand page menu, and no food."

- Robert M. Pirsig
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 02:53 AM   #1745
dirtywick
Illuminator
 
dirtywick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,237
Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Or it's possible Barr just wanted revenge. Trump had been calling out Barr for not arresting or launching investigations into Biden for a while. Barr seems like the type of guy who would do something like these and tell Trump at their last parting that he did it to hurt him.
Trump has tried to bully him on several occasions. Standing up to Trump is what we’ve been hoping the GOP would start to do.

It’s just weird that it’s Barr of all people. But you take what you’re given
dirtywick is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 06:21 AM   #1746
slyjoe
Master Poster
 
slyjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Near Harmonica Virgins, AZ
Posts: 2,922
Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
For Republicans looking for a career with the Party, getting fired by Trump is better than quitting.

For people with a moral compass, it's the other way around.
Trump started out with some of those. I'm not sure there are any left. Anyone in mind? Certainly not the ones out front with the election fraud claims.
__________________
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade

Last edited by slyjoe; 14th December 2020 at 06:22 AM.
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 03:36 PM   #1747
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 23,369
Bill Barr just resigned
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 03:42 PM   #1748
Mader Levap
Graduate Poster
 
Mader Levap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,576
Rat, ship.
__________________
Sanity is overrated. / Voting for Republicans is morally equivalent to voting for Nazis in early 30's.
Mader Levap is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 03:49 PM   #1749
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing
 
Captain_Swoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 39,310
Trump Tweets

Just had a very nice meeting with Attorney General Bill Barr at the White House. Our relationship has been a very good one, he has done an outstanding job! As per letter, Bill will be leaving just before Christmas to spend the holidays with his family...

...Deputy Attorney General Jeff Rosen, an outstanding person, will become Acting Attorney General. Highly respected Richard Donoghue will be taking over the duties of Deputy Attorney General. Thank you to all!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 03:51 PM   #1750
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 23,369
Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

Just had a very nice meeting with Attorney General Bill Barr at the White House. Our relationship has been a very good one, he has done an outstanding job! As per letter, Bill will be leaving just before Christmas to spend the holidays with his family...

...Deputy Attorney General Jeff Rosen, an outstanding person, will become Acting Attorney General. Highly respected Richard Donoghue will be taking over the duties of Deputy Attorney General. Thank you to all!
....except when I was deriding him and saying he wasn't.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 03:56 PM   #1751
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 90,853
Originally Posted by Mader Levap View Post
Rat, ship.
I thought it was more of a "If I push Trump hard enough, and he'll Tweet me be-gone."

It's like when you don't give a **** so you stop working.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 03:59 PM   #1752
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman
 
Skeptic Ginger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 90,853
Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

Just had a very nice meeting with Attorney General Bill Barr at the White House. Our relationship has been a very good one, he has done an outstanding job! As per letter, Bill will be leaving just before Christmas to spend the holidays with his family...

...Deputy Attorney General Jeff Rosen, an outstanding person, will become Acting Attorney General. Highly respected Richard Donoghue will be taking over the duties of Deputy Attorney General. Thank you to all!
This is another one that smacks of staff writing it. Bet Trump is fluctuating between ranting and pouting.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 04:06 PM   #1753
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler
 
Horatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 29,511
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
....except when I was deriding him and saying he wasn't.


Did you read his resignation letter? Absolutely full of Trump ass-kissing. From a guy who said "a “deposed king ranting"" just a day or so ago.

These people are literally mentally ill.
__________________
Obviously, that means cats are indeed evil and that ownership or display of a feline is an overt declaration of one's affiliation with dark forces. - Cl1mh4224rd
Horatius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 04:14 PM   #1754
slyjoe
Master Poster
 
slyjoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Near Harmonica Virgins, AZ
Posts: 2,922
Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Did you read his resignation letter? Absolutely full of Trump ass-kissing. From a guy who said "a “deposed king ranting"" just a day or so ago.

These people are literally mentally ill.
That letter was about as sycophantic as it gets. So much for Billy-boy sticking it to Trump.
__________________
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 04:15 PM   #1755
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 23,369
Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Did you read his resignation letter? Absolutely full of Trump ass-kissing. From a guy who said "a “deposed king ranting"" just a day or so ago.

These people are literally mentally ill.
I heard it read on CNN. I think it was blackmail. Trump: Here, sign this resignation letter or I'll fire you. You can either go down in history as resigning or being fired. Your choice.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 04:17 PM   #1756
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler
 
Horatius's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 29,511
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I heard it read on CNN. I think it was blackmail. Trump: Here, sign this resignation letter or I'll fire you. You can either go down in history as resigning or being fired. Your choice.


Entertaining the idea that "history" will consider "Fired by Trump for telling the truth" as a bad thing is itself a sign of mental illness.
__________________
Obviously, that means cats are indeed evil and that ownership or display of a feline is an overt declaration of one's affiliation with dark forces. - Cl1mh4224rd
Horatius is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 04:47 PM   #1757
Resume
Troublesome Passenger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 20,806
Back to
the town of Bedrock . . .
__________________
“One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.”

Dr. Brytney Cobia
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 05:03 PM   #1758
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing
 
Stacyhs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 23,369
Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Back to
the town of Bedrock . . .
Courtesy of Bill's two feet.....
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 05:26 PM   #1759
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 11,232
Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
This is another one that smacks of staff writing it. Bet Trump is fluctuating between ranting and pouting.
What meeting?
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th December 2020, 05:28 PM   #1760
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing
 
Norman Alexander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Gundungurra
Posts: 11,232
Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
Did you read his resignation letter? Absolutely full of Trump ass-kissing. From a guy who said "a “deposed king ranting"" just a day or so ago.

These people are literally mentally ill.
Originally Posted by slyjoe View Post
That letter was about as sycophantic as it gets. So much for Billy-boy sticking it to Trump.
Doesn't matter what a lawyer writes in a personal letter. If they are serious, it comes in a specific format and wording. Barr simply doesn't want Trump to launch his mob lawyers at him for violating his NDA or whatever. He just wants to go away with his skin intact.
__________________
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:14 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.