ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conjuror's Corner

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags "Penn & Teller: Fool Us" , card tricks , penn & teller , Richard Turner

Old 30th July 2017, 01:54 PM   #1
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Amazing achievment and card handling

This guy -Richard Turner-is incredible least of all as he is blind since 9 years old! His card handling is something else, his stuff is mostly gambling themed sleights. Here he is on Fool Us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwFIJyWKs1k

Also he's a black belt in karate,anyone interested in knowing more about him check out a documentary about him which is fascinating.

Last edited by Azrael 5; 30th July 2017 at 01:55 PM.
Azrael 5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st August 2017, 02:01 AM   #2
MetalPig
Master Poster

I went on a Fool Us binge last week. Turner's routine is amazing.
Old 3rd August 2017, 08:28 AM   #3
Imhotep
Muse

Did anyone catch Shin Lim's return on Fool Us?
Imhotep is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 3rd August 2017, 12:45 PM   #4
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
Did anyone catch Shin Lim's return on Fool Us?
Yes it was excellent.
Old 7th August 2017, 11:39 AM   #5
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

I saw both the Turner piece and the Shin Lim performances (first and second) on their first viewing. Turner was remarkable. Shin Lim was gorgeous but a little more rusty than his first performance (which means it was still greater than most mortals), but that isn't surprising given what happened to him in the interim.
Old 11th August 2017, 06:57 AM   #6
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Originally Posted by Azrael 5 View Post
This guy -Richard Turner-is incredible least of all as he is blind since 9 years old! His card handling is something else, his stuff is mostly gambling themed sleights. Here he is on Fool Us.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwFIJyWKs1k

Also he's a black belt in karate,anyone interested in knowing more about him check out a documentary about him which is fascinating.
I had the incredible honor of seeing Mr. Turner perform in the Close-up Gallery at The Magic Castle in Los Angeles a couple months back. I sat three feet from him and I'm here to tell you, he's 100% legit. He can manipulate a deck of cards like no one I have ever seen.

And the coolest part? At no point is the audience told that he's blind. His feats of card-manipulation stand on their own.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2017, 07:14 AM   #7
Azrael 5
Philosopher

Originally Posted by johnny karate View Post
I had the incredible honor of seeing Mr. Turner perform in the Close-up Gallery at The Magic Castle in Los Angeles a couple months back. I sat three feet from him and I'm here to tell you, he's 100% legit. He can manipulate a deck of cards like no one I have ever seen.

And the coolest part? At no point is the audience told that he's blind. His feats of card-manipulation stand on their own.
His lecture is well worth watching https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHwfZoNwRuo

Also here is his karate demonstration-again legally blind at this point:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9InroiASXiI

Last edited by Azrael 5; 15th August 2017 at 07:16 AM.
Azrael 5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conjuror's Corner