IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Reply
Old 6th May 2014, 11:17 AM   #481
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,391
Originally Posted by Daylightstar View Post
And yet, you believe in a spirit world and third eyes etc.
I think it is likely, but I still have doubts.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 11:23 AM   #482
I Ratant
Penultimate Amazing
 
I Ratant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,258
Originally Posted by tsig View Post

The Third Eye

In November 1956 a book called The Third Eye was published in the United Kingdom. It was written by a man named as Tuesday Lobsang Rampa, and it purported to relate his experiences while growing up in Chakpori Lamasery[1] Chokpori, Tibet after being sent there at the age of seven. The title of the book is derived from an operation, similar to trepanation, that Rampa claimed he had undergone, in which a small hole was drilled into his forehead to arouse the third eye and enhance powers of clairvoyance. The book describes the operation as follows:

The instrument penetrated the bone. A very hard, clean sliver of wood had been treated by fire and herbs and was slid down so that it just entered the hole in my head. I felt a stinging, tickling sensation apparently in the bridge of my nose. It subsided and I became aware of subtle scents which I could not identify. Suddenly there was a blinding flash. For a moment the pain was intense. It diminished, died and was replaced by spirals of colour. As the projecting sliver was being bound into place so that it could not move, the Lama Mingyar Dondup turned to me and said:" You are now one of us, Lobsang. For the rest of your life you will see people as they are and not as they pretend to be."

During the story, Rampa sees yetis and eventually encounters a mummified body of himself from an earlier incarnation. He also takes part in an initiation ceremony in which he learns that during its early history the Earth was struck by another planet, causing Tibet to become the mountain kingdom that it is today.


I read the book in 1968, never got the third eye opened.
.
It's been done... usually fatal.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...es/OSlNaTwxLrE
I Ratant is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 11:23 AM   #483
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
We are not talking about getting a message through a medium, we are talking about opening ourselves to the spirit world directly. So I guess we would have to work out for ourselves if the information that we received was true or false. I would suggest that the application of logic to any perceptions would be a good thing that might avoid self delusion.
Self delusion may occur during claimed perception, in the sense that there is no actual perception but creation of a perception through self delusion.
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 11:24 AM   #484
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
... but I still have doubts.
No, you don't.
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 11:26 AM   #485
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,391
Originally Posted by Daylightstar View Post

You're not exactly very convincing.
I don't have to be, just writing about these ideas is planting them in your heads, and making them more accessible to those of you that have never given such things any credibility. I am teaching about the chakras and the etheric body, and those ideas are something that cannot be forgotten.
You may not believe in them now, but you will recognise the terms when you read them again somewhere else.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 11:31 AM   #486
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I don't have to be, just writing about these ideas is planting them in your heads, and making them more accessible to those of you that have never given such things any credibility. I am teaching about the chakras and the etheric body, and those ideas are something that cannot be forgotten.
You may not believe in them now, but you will recognise the terms when you read them again somewhere else.
Actually, I have been familiar with those terms for quite some time. But since they are not in touch with reality, they are inert.
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 11:32 AM   #487
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 12,820
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
We are not talking about getting a message through a medium, we are talking about opening ourselves to the spirit world directly. So I guess we would have to work out for ourselves if the information that we received was true or false. I would suggest that the application of logic to any perceptions would be a good thing that might avoid self delusion.
You need to be much more specific than that if you want to avoid self deception.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 11:33 AM   #488
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 12,820
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I don't have to be, just writing about these ideas is planting them in your heads, and making them more accessible to those of you that have never given such things any credibility. I am teaching about the chakras and the etheric body, and those ideas are something that cannot be forgotten.
You may not believe in them now, but you will recognise the terms when you read them again somewhere else.
I'm sure most posters here were, like me, already very familiar with these terms. I spent many years reading about and considering such concepts before rejecting them as imaginary.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 11:34 AM   #489
The Shrike
Philosopher
 
The Shrike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 5,140
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
I am teaching about the chakras and the etheric body, and those ideas are something that cannot be forgotten.
But you haven't provided anything of substance about them to be either remembered or forgotten. The problem is that you have no idea how to make sense of the word salad that you've been force fed so you cannot explain in any coherent fashion. The reason for that, of course, is that all of these so-called mediums from whom you obtained these terms were themselves making them up or perpetuating nonsense that they had been taught.

nothin' from nothin' leaves nothin'
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 11:36 AM   #490
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
...
You may not believe in them now, ...
I wouldn't have to believe in them if they could be shown to be real.
But, as you know, that can not be done. Not by anyone, not by you.
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 11:38 AM   #491
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Scorpion, I don't believe your psychic/baby brother message actually occured as you say it did. I think you constructed that anecdote through self delusion or self deception.
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 11:39 AM   #492
dlorde
Philosopher
 
dlorde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,859
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
... I used to have a feeling like fire flowing through my chakras, which is the way I came to know about them. It turned out to be caused by my etheric body being made loose due to mental stress I had suffered.
Either that, or shingles
__________________
Simple probability tells us that we should expect coincidences, and simple psychology tells us that we'll remember the ones we notice...
dlorde is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 11:41 AM   #493
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,391
Originally Posted by Daylightstar View Post
Scorpion, I don't believe your psychic/baby brother message actually occured as you say it did. I think you constructed that anecdote through self delusion or self deception.
Man, your just putting me on.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 11:43 AM   #494
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 12,820
Originally Posted by Daylightstar View Post
Scorpion, I don't believe your psychic/baby brother message actually occured as you say it did. I think you constructed that anecdote through self delusion or self deception.
That's certainly a possibility, but even if Scorpion is remembering and describing his experience 100% accurately there are still more plausible explanations than a message from the spirit world.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 11:44 AM   #495
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Man, your just putting me on.
No, not really.
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 11:47 AM   #496
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
That's certainly a possibility, but even if Scorpion is remembering and describing his experience 100% accurately there are still more plausible explanations than a message from the spirit world.
In such a case, yes of course, there would be.
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 12:02 PM   #497
dlorde
Philosopher
 
dlorde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,859
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
The third eye (brow chakra) is just another organ like the physical eyes.
No it isn't. As I said, there is no physiological or anatomical trace of such an organ, nor any neural pathways for whatever it is supposed to sense. And no, the pineal gland isn't involved.

Acupuncture is supposed to use chakras and meridians to direct its effects, but in controlled tests, random needle placement was every bit as effective, as was use of fake needles that didn't pierce the skin. All placebo effect. There's no evidence to support the existence of chakras or meridians.
__________________
Simple probability tells us that we should expect coincidences, and simple psychology tells us that we'll remember the ones we notice...
dlorde is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 12:08 PM   #498
dlorde
Philosopher
 
dlorde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 6,859
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
... maybe succeeding in opening the third eye would bring evidence that was confirmable.
Nobody has come forward with any confirmable evidence up to now; my money is on that continuing to be the case.

But do let us know if you think you have some comfirmable evidence from your third eye - oh wait, you can't because the spirits don't want us to know, or something, am I right?
__________________
Simple probability tells us that we should expect coincidences, and simple psychology tells us that we'll remember the ones we notice...

Last edited by dlorde; 6th May 2014 at 12:18 PM.
dlorde is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 12:32 PM   #499
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing
 
thaiboxerken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Posts: 31,687
Originally Posted by dlorde View Post
Nobody has come forward with any confirmable evidence up to now; my money is on that continuing to be the case.

But do let us know if you think you have some comfirmable evidence from your third eye - oh wait, you can't because the spirits don't want us to know, or something, am I right?
If we knew, we'd use that power for evil and wipe out the world. Only "good" people can wield the power, that's why evidence is so elusive.
__________________
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 12:39 PM   #500
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,836
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Man, your just putting me on.
Funny, I was thinking the same about some of your posts.

However, What exactly must I do to open my 3rd eye?
__________________
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
If you see a Nazi. Egg them

Last edited by Nay_Sayer; 6th May 2014 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Civility
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 12:51 PM   #501
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,391
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post

What exactly must I do to open my 3rd eye?
From post 419.


I was taught how to open the third eye (brow chakra) by the late spiritualist medium, Ursula Roberts. Firstly you start with a prayer, (to raise your vibrations to a higher plane) The lords prayer will do. Then you concentrate on trying to see a spot of light in front of you. When you get to see a spot of light you try to expand it out wards. Think of opening a flower in your forehead. When you have finished, make an equal amount of effort trying to close it again as you do not want to walk around with it open to the spirit world. That could be disturbing
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 12:55 PM   #502
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,836
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
From post 419.


I was taught how to open the third eye (brow chakra) by the late spiritualist medium, Ursula Roberts. Firstly you start with a prayer, (to raise your vibrations to a higher plane) The lords prayer will do. Then you concentrate on trying to see a spot of light in front of you. When you get to see a spot of light you try to expand it out wards. Think of opening a flower in your forehead. When you have finished, make an equal amount of effort trying to close it again as you do not want to walk around with it open to the spirit world. That could be disturbing
Now if nothing happens [and I'm fairly certain it won't] should I try try again until successful?

Can I use this one?:

Hail Marinara,
Full of Spice,
The Flying Spaghetti Monster is filled with thee.
Tasty art thou amongst sauces,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy jar, tomatoes
Holy Marinara,
Chief Amongst Toppings,
Save a plate for us now,
and at about 6 o’clock when dinner is served, if you would be so kind.
RAmen.
__________________
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
If you see a Nazi. Egg them
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 01:00 PM   #503
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Now if nothing happens [and I'm fairly certain it won't] should I try try again until successful?

Can I use this one?:

Hail Marinara,
Full of Spice,
The Flying Spaghetti Monster is filled with thee.
Tasty art thou amongst sauces,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy jar, tomatoes
Holy Marinara,
Chief Amongst Toppings,
Save a plate for us now,
and at about 6 o’clock when dinner is served, if you would be so kind.
RAmen.
Be careful Nay_Sayer, once you open that white hole, you'll find Scorpion is standing on the other side throwing solidified unicorn rainbow farts at you in an attempt to ..... undermine you, as well.
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 01:03 PM   #504
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,391
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Now if nothing happens [and I'm fairly certain it won't] should I try try again until successful?

Can I use this one?:

Hail Marinara,
Full of Spice,
The Flying Spaghetti Monster is filled with thee.
Tasty art thou amongst sauces,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy jar, tomatoes
Holy Marinara,
Chief Amongst Toppings,
Save a plate for us now,
and at about 6 o’clock when dinner is served, if you would be so kind.
RAmen.
Yes try again, and again. But I advise you to be more respectful and sincere in your choice of prayers, because the theory is the world is surrounded by a dark psychic atmosphere caused by all the wars and sufferings of centuries. You need to rise above that atmosphere to see into the higher planes of the spirits existence, as seeing into the darkness might be unpleasant.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 01:06 PM   #505
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Perhaps Nay_Sayer should evolve a bit more first, before he can successfully dodge the solidified unicorn rainbow farts?
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 02:08 PM   #506
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,836
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Yes try again, and again. But I advise you to be more respectful and sincere in your choice of prayers, because the theory is the world is surrounded by a dark psychic atmosphere caused by all the wars and sufferings of centuries. You need to rise above that atmosphere to see into the higher planes of the spirits existence, as seeing into the darkness might be unpleasant.
I am being sincere, Am I not allowed to pray to my deity of choice?
__________________
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
If you see a Nazi. Egg them
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 02:11 PM   #507
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,836
Originally Posted by Daylightstar View Post
Perhaps Nay_Sayer should evolve a bit more first, before he can successfully dodge the solidified unicorn rainbow farts?
Being the tool making ape I am, I elect to construct a shield from tin foil and cardboard.
__________________
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
If you see a Nazi. Egg them
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 02:46 PM   #508
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,391
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
I am being sincere, Am I not allowed to pray to my deity of choice?
Silver Birch teaches that God is within us all, so we do not pray to an external God, we pray to raise ourselves toward realizing the power of God we contain. Religions and theology's that teach us God is some external deity are outdated misunderstandings.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 03:24 PM   #509
turingtest
Mistral, mistral wind...
 
turingtest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Embedded, reporting from Mississippi
Posts: 4,526
Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlorde View Post
Nobody has come forward with any confirmable evidence up to now; my money is on that continuing to be the case.

But do let us know if you think you have some comfirmable evidence from your third eye - oh wait, you can't because the spirits don't want us to know, or something, am I right?
If we knew, we'd use that power for evil and wipe out the world. Only "good" people can wield the power, that's why evidence is so elusive.
It seems that "no true psychic" would show evidence that he is one.
__________________
I'm tired of the bombs, tired of the bullets, tired of the crazies on TV;
I'm the aviator, a dream's a dream whatever it seems
Deep Purple- "The Aviator"

Life was a short shelf that came with bookends- Stephen King
turingtest is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 03:26 PM   #510
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,836
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Silver Birch teaches that God is within us all, so we do not pray to an external God, we pray to raise ourselves toward realizing the power of God we contain. Religions and theology's that teach us God is some external deity are outdated misunderstandings.

Scruffy The Wise Sage Pirate teaches FSM is the way and the light, He is older than silver and therefore correct.


How many times should I try in a day?

How many times of nothing happen, Can I take a break?

Can my 3rd eye be near/far sighted? If so does lenscrafters make a special pair of glasses to fix the problem?
__________________
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
If you see a Nazi. Egg them
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 03:30 PM   #511
mstricky
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,533
There is an after life. I have proof and proved it to work colleagues, husband and police forty years ago. It is a shame I can't prove it now but forty years ago there was no internet nor Randi forum. I do know that we do not die and that there is an after life so it doesn't really matter if others believe me or not. The system is this.... We are originally souls. We come into a new born and have no recollection of the after life or that we existed before. We are born and have free will without knowing we existed before. We come here for a purpose, perhaps to die at two years old to teach the parent grief etc. we then return to being a soul and decide if we want to reincarnate or not. Such as Hitler came from a good soul and returns to being a good soul but cannot now correct what he did on earth so lives in his own hell for ever more knowing he cannot correct what he did on earth. We are all born with a purpose but don't know what that is when we are born. I do know that if we repent for our sins, we will be happier when we die and our soul rises into the after life. We are not judged when we die, we judge our selves so you can imagine if you have been evil on earth and now dead can't correct that and have reverted to being a good soul, how that will drive you daft in the after life. That is your hell.
I am your normal good neighbour, have children, grandchildren. Mid seventies now and getting old. I have received messages in my dreams from the dead which terrified me and didn't want them; didn't want to know. Begged the universe not to use me but having experienced them it proves to me that we do not die. The last message I got was that my husband's brother was about to die. I told my husband and a month after his brother died

Last edited by mstricky; 6th May 2014 at 03:34 PM.
mstricky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 03:35 PM   #512
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!
 
Nay_Sayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island
Posts: 3,836
Originally Posted by mstricky View Post
There is an after life. I have proof and proved it to work colleagues, husband and police forty years ago. It is a shame I can't prove it now..
You should of just stopped there, If you cannot prove it now why bring it up?
__________________
I am 100% confident all psychics and mediums are frauds.
If you see a Nazi. Egg them

Last edited by Nay_Sayer; 6th May 2014 at 03:39 PM.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 03:37 PM   #513
Resume
Troublesome Passenger
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 18,590
Originally Posted by mstricky View Post
There is an after life. I have proof and proved it to work colleagues, husband and police forty years ago.
Sure you did.
Quote:
It is a shame I can't prove it now
Yeah, fancy that.
Resume is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 03:43 PM   #514
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,391
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Scruffy The Wise Sage Pirate teaches FSM is the way and the light, He is older than silver and therefore correct.


How many times should I try in a day?

How many times of nothing happen, Can I take a break?

Can my 3rd eye be near/far sighted? If so does lenscrafters make a special pair of glasses to fix the problem?
I only try once a day, at bedtime. I have not seen anything in the last few days, but I intend to give it at least a few weeks before giving up.

If your 3rd eye needs glasses I think you will be out of luck.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 03:44 PM   #515
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
Being the tool making ape I am, I elect to construct a shield from tin foil and cardboard.
Excellent
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 03:47 PM   #516
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Silver Birch teaches that God is within us all, so we do not pray to an external God, we pray to raise ourselves toward realizing the power of God we contain. Religions and theology's that teach us God is some external deity are outdated misunderstandings.
You mean, Silver Birch claims that. As per usual with irrational claims, nothing is demonstrated to be real.
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 03:47 PM   #517
Scorpion
Master Poster
 
Scorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,391
Originally Posted by Daylightstar View Post
Excellent
It won't work, thought power can penetrate matter.
__________________
You see many stars in the sky at night, but not when the sun rises. Can you therefore say there are no stars in the heavens during the day? O man because you cannot find God in the days of your ignorance, say not that there is no God.
Sri Ramakrishna
Even in the valley of the shadow of death two and two do not make six.
Leo Tolstoy
Scorpion is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 03:51 PM   #518
mstricky
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,533
Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
You should of just stopped there, If you cannot prove it now why bring it up?
Just have an open mind. Don't be sure there is nothing; there may be something. I know there is. There is definitely life after death. I have experienced it
mstricky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 03:54 PM   #519
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by mstricky View Post
There is an after life. I have proof and proved it to work colleagues, husband and police forty years ago. ...
There is NO afterlife. I have proved this in the past many times to many people, the police, soldiers, three scientists a butcher and the neighbor's dog. I just can't proof it right now but it's true, there is NO afterlife.

It doesn't matter that I can't show you the proof right now, I already proved it in the past.
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 6th May 2014, 03:57 PM   #520
Daylightstar
Philosopher
 
Daylightstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: hic.
Posts: 8,035
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
It won't work, thought power can penetrate matter.
Not with 100% double layered cover, especially with the tin foil crumpled on the outside.
__________________
homeopathy homicidium
Daylightstar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:36 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.