ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , politics humor

Old 11th March 2019, 03:46 PM   #401
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

I can see why you mock theprestige, but, you see Trump really is "a thin skinned narcissist" and genuinely does seem to be affected by being called names.
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 03:53 PM   #402
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
I can see why you mock theprestige, but, you see Trump really is "a thin skinned narcissist" and genuinely does seem to be affected by being called names.
I think this thread, like every other thread here, is entirely about the effect that it has on the people posting to it.

But tell me more about what effect you think this is having on ORANGE MAN BAD.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 04:28 PM   #403
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I think this thread, like every other thread here, is entirely about the effect that it has on the people posting to it.

Who cares?
Old 11th March 2019, 04:43 PM   #404
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Orange man is actively harming my country. Do you think that's a good thing?
Old 11th March 2019, 04:49 PM   #405
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Who cares?
"Who?" is the easy question. I just answered it in my last post, in fact. "What?" and "why?" are the tough ones. You're on your own, there.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 04:55 PM   #406
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
Orange man is actively harming my country. Do you think that's a good thing?
Far be it from me to try to normalize political behavior, but "actively harming the country" has been the out-faction's refrain since before presidenting was even a gleam in a political philosopher's eye. Hell, I'm pretty sure I've said as much about Obama and Bush both (for starters).

Let's just agree that ORANGE MAN BAD, and leave it at that.
Old 11th March 2019, 04:55 PM   #407
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

"Who?" is the easy question. I just answered it in my last post, in fact. "What?" and "why?" are the tough ones. You're on your own, there.
No. The rhetorical sentence "Who cares?" is the right sentiment. The thread isn't about making an impact on His Orangeness. Everyone including you knows this.
Old 11th March 2019, 04:57 PM   #408
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Far be it from me to try to normalize political behavior, but "actively harming the country" has been the out-faction's refrain since before presidenting was even a gleam in a political philosopher's eye. Hell, I'm pretty sure I've said as much about Obama and Bush both (for starters).

That's NOT what you're doing. You're trolling in what you believe to be a clever fashion..
Old 11th March 2019, 05:00 PM   #409
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

No. The rhetorical sentence "Who cares?" is the right sentiment. The thread isn't about making an impact on His Orangeness. Everyone including you knows this.
Bro:
Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Tim Apple - we know it gets to him, and reminds people of his stupid lies
Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
I'm thinking a creating a Twitter account for @JeffAmazon and use it to torment Trump.
Anyway, I care. That's why I asked.
Old 11th March 2019, 05:04 PM   #410
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

That's NOT what you're doing. You're trolling in what you believe to be a clever fashion..
I'm participating in the thread. It's big enough for all of us.

But seriously. "Orange Man Bad." You've never thought about walking out into the woods, and just shouting it to the silent trees? You've never considered locking yourself in your room and screaming "orange man bad" into your pillow?

You should. I think you'd find it very refreshing, to get that out there.
Old 11th March 2019, 05:09 PM   #411
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Bro:Anyway, I care. That's why I asked.
I'm ALL for CIVILITY.

I'll start when Trump starts.

You see, you expect everyone Trump slanders and disrespects to be meek and mild as him and his tears the country apart. Sorry, not gonna do it.
Old 11th March 2019, 05:10 PM   #412
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I'm participating in the thread. It's big enough for all of us.

But seriously. "Orange Man Bad." You've never thought about walking out into the woods, and just shouting it to the silent trees? You've never considered locking yourself in your room and screaming "orange man bad" into your pillow?

You should. I think you'd find it very refreshing, to get that out there.
No,
Old 11th March 2019, 05:11 PM   #413
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

Old 11th March 2019, 05:17 PM   #414
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

I'm ALL for CIVILITY.

I'll start when Trump starts.

You see, you expect everyone Trump slanders and disrespects to be meek and mild as him and his tears the country apart. Sorry, not gonna do it.
This post has nothing to do with the post were replying to, nor with the conversation you just started with me.

Try again.
Old 11th March 2019, 05:19 PM   #415
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
I mean, you're not wrong. But this is both uncivil and off topic. I won't report it, but don't complain if someone else does.
Old 11th March 2019, 05:43 PM   #416
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

I mean, you're not wrong. But this is both uncivil and off topic. I won't report it, but don't complain if someone else does.
I don't complain
Old 12th March 2019, 04:37 AM   #417
wareyin
Philosopher

Do you think your campaign to normalize Trump is making any headway? From here, it doesn't look like you are gaining any traction, so I'm curious how it looks from your perspective.
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 06:03 AM   #418
sackett
Philosopher

I call him Donny Q. nowadays.

Q for Quisling, natch.

What region of the earth is not filled with our calamities? -- Virgil
sackett is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 07:03 AM   #419
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

P.T. Tosser.
Old 12th March 2019, 07:40 AM   #420
Upchurch
Papa Funkosophy

For however long this thread has been going, I'm still partial to "Benedict Donald" and "Don the Con".
Old 12th March 2019, 07:47 AM   #421
Worm
Master Poster

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
I'm thinking a creating a Twitter account for @JeffAmazon and use it to torment Trump.
Already exists. (Tweeted once in 2013)

@TimApple also exists and has never Tweeted.

Need to get more creative

Not all cults are bad - I've joined a cult of niceness
Worm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 07:51 AM   #422
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Worm View Post
Already exists. (Tweeted once in 2013)

@TimApple also exists and has never Tweeted.

Need to get more creative
@DonaldPresident.
Old 12th March 2019, 07:58 AM   #423
Worm
Master Poster

Also exists

Looks like a very keen fan. Basically just retweeted everything from Trump until Dec 2015.

Not all cults are bad - I've joined a cult of niceness
Worm is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 09:32 AM   #424
Toontown
Philosopher

We should agree that Trump is a HARMLESS BAD MAN WITH NUKES. That will make us feel all better about having handed over a nuclear arsenal to a harmless, albeit bad, man.
Old 12th March 2019, 01:05 PM   #425
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Toontown View Post
We should agree that Trump is probably a HARMLESS BAD MAN WITH NUKES. That will make us feel all better about having handed over a nuclear arsenal to a harmless, albeit bad, man.
And you hit the nub of it, but with a minor modification
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 02:10 PM   #426
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

We should agree that Trump is a HARMLESS BAD MAN WITH NUKES. That will make us feel all better about having handed over a nuclear arsenal to a harmless, albeit bad, man.
Nothing remotely "harmless" about Trump. Giving this guy the keys to the world's first or second biggest economy and the world's most powerful military is like giving a toddler the keys to a Ferrari. It's not a question if he's going to wreck it, but how quickly and the amount of damage he causes.
Old 12th March 2019, 03:08 PM   #427
wareyin
Philosopher

Nothing remotely "harmless" about Trump. Giving this guy the keys to the world's first or second biggest economy and the world's most powerful military is like giving a toddler the keys to a Ferrari. It's not a question if he's going to wreck it, but how quickly and the amount of damage he causes.
But, but some people didn't like Obama, so it's just more of the same! [/conservative mode]
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th March 2019, 03:43 PM   #428
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by wareyin View Post
But, but some people didn't like Obama, so it's just more of the same! [/conservative mode]
Of course, the difference that cannot be ignored by objective observers is that during President Obama’s tenure, neither the sitting nor retiring Democratic Congressfolk ever publicly questioned the president's loyalties. DJT cannot make the same claim about himself and the Republican Party.

But, as you implied, it is difficult to get very many President Trump supporters to see how critical that is.
Old 12th March 2019, 05:05 PM   #429
Toontown
Philosopher

But the object, as I envisioned it, was not to be unflinchingly honest with ourselves. The object was to make ourselves feel better about what we've done.

Remember, this is the post-truth era.
Old Yesterday, 08:42 AM   #430
Toontown
Philosopher

I've settled on Doomsday Donald.

Because when the end comes, someone very much like Trump will be the cause of it.
Old Yesterday, 09:28 AM   #431
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

I just read "Mango Unchained" in his Twitter feed. Kinda like it.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics