ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , political predictions , prediction thread , predictions

View Poll Results: Where will Trump be two years from now?
Dead 6 5.36%
In prison 12 10.71%
Impeached 11 9.82%
Voted out 52 46.43%
Reelected 22 19.64%
Planet X 9 8.04%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 31st December 2018, 05:08 PM   #1
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Where will Trump be two years from now?

Just thought it would be fun to do a little poll, and of course a transparent one so we can point and laugh when we have the answer. I'm in for "reelected".
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2018, 05:11 PM   #2
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

I selected "in prison" but I suspect that's just wishful thinking.
Brainache is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2018, 05:17 PM   #3
Fizil
Muse

He might be impeached, but he won't be removed from office by the Senate. Thus in two years he will either be reelected or voted out, as the impeachment itself wouldn't matter. I still hold out strong hope he will be voted out.
Fizil is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2018, 05:21 PM   #4
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

In two years he'll still be serving his current term, impeachment being extremely unlikely. The next inauguration isn't until about two years and three weeks from now. I therefore voted Planet X. With any luck he'll be a lame duck, but that wasn't an option.

Other than that, "dead" has a moderately significant chance, given his age and weight.
Old 31st December 2018, 05:26 PM   #5
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
In two years he'll still be serving his current term, impeachment being extremely unlikely. The next inauguration isn't until about two years and three weeks from now. I therefore voted Planet X. With any luck he'll be a lame duck, but that wasn't an option.

Two years from now will be after the next election, so if he participates he will be either voted out or reelected at that point (or dropped dead somewhere in between).
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2018, 05:47 PM   #6
Stacyhs
Philosopher

I voted "voted out" but cling to hope that something so egregious is exposed by Mueller that even the GOP Senate can't rationalize not voting him guilty (if impeached by the House). If even a GOP Senate finds him guilty, he will be utterly humiliated.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2018, 05:52 PM   #7
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

He will defect to Russia.
Old 31st December 2018, 05:53 PM   #8
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
NO COLLUSION! WITCH HUNT!
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2018, 06:09 PM   #9
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

God Emperor of Dune, Arakis, The US, himself, a padded cell, being able to pee unassisted.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2018, 06:29 PM   #10
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Guessing seems kind of ridiculous to me since it seems as if the one thing we can count on with Trump is the unexpected.

Still, I'm inclined to believe that enough evidence will be found to persuade Republicans that they have had enough of Trump and that continued support of Mr. Looney Tunes is not in their best interest.

But unless there is proof of criminality that points directly at Trump beyond obstruction, I think he will simply be voted out of office.
Old 31st December 2018, 06:43 PM   #11
portlandatheist
Illuminator

impeachment needs to be separated into two: impeachment and removed from office and impeachment but stays serves his term
portlandatheist is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2018, 07:17 PM   #12
dasmiller
Just the right amount of cowbell

Does "Voted out" include cases where Trump isn't the Republican candidate in 2020? For example, if Trump decides not to run, or if a Kasich insurgency takes the Republican primaries.
Old 31st December 2018, 07:32 PM   #13
shemp
a flimsy character...perfidious and despised

Planet X wouldn't have him.
"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump shemp attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2018, 07:34 PM   #14
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by dasmiller View Post
Does "Voted out" include cases where Trump isn't the Republican candidate in 2020? For example, if Trump decides not to run, or if a Kasich insurgency takes the Republican primaries.

For extremely unlikely niche possibilities, there's always the Planet X option. Because if he is literally on Planet X two years from now, most of our remains will be there as well after the big crash, and nobody would be able to point and laugh at the others. Which would be sad.
Old 31st December 2018, 08:00 PM   #15
casebro
Penultimate Amazing

The only way for him to get re-elected is if he makes a winning strategy in a BIG war, something that unites the American people. Better happen soon.

And if his term gets shortened it will be because he steps down, Nixon style. And he won't be in prison in two years, not with the lawyers his money will buy. 5 years maybe.

Dead from assassination or other violent means maybe. Not from disease- sitting presidents have THE BEST medical care in the whole world. What has the average life span been for the last 100 years?

So Planet X is the only option left. I bet a) Without Ivana.
casebro is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2018, 08:06 PM   #16
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Dammit. You beat me.

I was going with living in Moscow and fighting extradition.
Old 31st December 2018, 08:12 PM   #17
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by casebro View Post
The only way for him to get re-elected is if he makes a winning strategy in a BIG war, something that unites the American people. Better happen soon.

The exact opposite is true. He wins popularity all the time by demolishing the Empire and its wars, an Empire that benefits nobody including average yankistanis, only the international cartels. The more he stays on this path, making his promises true as much as he can against epic resistance, the more his chances of reelection will rise.
Old 31st December 2018, 08:36 PM   #18
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
The exact opposite is true. He wins popularity all the time by demolishing the Empire and its wars, an Empire that benefits nobody including average yankistanis, only the international cartels. The more he stays on this path, making his promises true as much as he can against epic resistance, the more his chances of reelection will rise.
It's good that you no longer have to pretend.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2018, 08:36 PM   #19
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/
Old 31st December 2018, 08:48 PM   #20
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

I had to take Planet X. Generally, he'll have been voted out, but I'm more looking forward to the specific as to what he will be doing New Year's Eve/Day at the '20/'21 cusp.

____ Chaining himself to a standpipe in the lower basement, mumbling "...but they really really love me, just look at those rallies in Redneckville".

____ At Mar-A-Lago trying to cop a feel off his daughter in a midnight dance.

____ Tweeting

____ On a non-registered flight to a retirement home in the Crimea, but stopped at the airport when they discover that Baron's hobby horse is stuffed with the White House silverware.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2018, 08:54 PM   #21
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

I think he'll be impeached by the House, but currently don't see the Senate finding him guilty and removing him. What the Muller investigation shows might have me change my mind as to removal/resignation.

I do think that the damage of impeachment and the other investigations will chip away his base and he will lose 2020 in both the popular vote and the Electoral Collage.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2018, 09:45 PM   #22
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post

Wow, I wonder what Seth Abrahamson would tweet these days.
Old 31st December 2018, 10:01 PM   #23
Solitaire
Neoclinus blanchardi

Predict It has Trump at 31%, O'Rourke at 15%, Biden at 12%, and Sanders at 12%.

Very symbolic thinking, the man in the White House voters view as most presidential.
Old 31st December 2018, 11:11 PM   #24
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

You left out one option: In a lunatic asylum for the criminally insane.

Trump is publicly disintegrating even now, and is becoming even more alone as his executive crumbles around him and abandons him. His view of the world and how it works is now almost continually at odds with reality. He demonstrates on a daily basis that he has almost zero understanding of how diplomacy, US government and even his own job works, and further, he doesn't want to know. He is as lazy as all ****, and takes all his advice from the TV set. And yet he continues to try to convince not only the world but himself that his tactics are "right" and he "has the best brain", a "very stable genius".

I don't think we have seen a clearer indication that Trump is bordering if not frankly insane. Mueller is clearly dealing with Trump in the same way he dealt previously and successfully with mobsters. So Trump is likely to at least face serial criminal charges, probably a few moments after the next president is sworn in in January 2021. His only real defense will be a claim of insanity. Or he can flee the country...Russia looks nice...
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2018, 11:39 PM   #25
Cain
Straussian

Trump does not enjoy governing, but he loves campaigning. Vulgar Hucksterism + American Stupidity + Incumbency = Solid Potential for Re-Election. The thing about Trump is that it's also a real possibility that he defects to Russia and says he's escaping a "very unfair witch hunt." Anything can happen.

My best guess: he's impeached (not convicted in the Senate), and voted out.

Last edited by Cain; 31st December 2018 at 11:41 PM.
Cain is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 31st December 2018, 11:52 PM   #26
Venom
Master Poster

He should be in jail.

But he'll probably be elected out.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2019, 12:36 AM   #27
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Guessing seems kind of ridiculous to me since it seems as if the one thing we can count on with Trump is the unexpected.
Okay, then. He'll resign in order to transition into womanhood, then pursue pop starletdom under the name of Obe$e. Her first album, Orange You Glad I Quit, will go double platinum with hits like "Build Me A Wall (Then Grind Me Against It)", "You MAGA Me Crazy", and "Ivanka Slap The Stank Off You".
Old 1st January 2019, 01:06 AM   #28
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
Okay, then. He'll resign in order to transition into womanhood, then pursue pop starletdom under the name of Obe$e. Her first album, Orange You Glad I Quit, will go double platinum with hits like "Build Me A Wall (Then Grind Me Against It)", "You MAGA Me Crazy", and "Ivanka Slap The Stank Off You".
Dammit! That was expensive champagne you just made me spit out my nose.
(shakes fist in the air)
Old 1st January 2019, 06:44 AM   #29
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
I bet he is the best singer too.
Old 1st January 2019, 07:44 AM   #30
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

As a former president, he'll be entitled to Secret Service protection. If he goes to jail, should the officers have to use force to get him to comply with instructions, will the Secret Service intervene?
Craig4 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2019, 07:44 AM   #31
P.J. Denyer
Philosopher

I've voted 'Impeached' because I think it's going to take more than two years for him to end up in prison, but I believe that is where he will end up if justice is done.

"Nebulous means Nebulous" - Adam Hills
P.J. Denyer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2019, 07:50 AM   #32
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

2 years from now Trump will still firmly be ensconced in everyone's mind here.
Old 1st January 2019, 08:18 AM   #33
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
2 years from now Trump will still firmly be ensconced in everyone's mind here.
A full sentence and an unequivocal agreement! It's a new year indeed.

The House might impeach, the Senate won't convict, Trump will lose election, he'll pardon the entire crime family including himself, he will face criminal charges in NY state which will drag on for years and he'll die before anything goes to trial.
Old 1st January 2019, 09:15 AM   #34
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
As a former president, he'll be entitled to Secret Service protection. If he goes to jail, should the officers have to use force to get him to comply with instructions, will the Secret Service intervene?
There won't be Secret Service protection if he goes to prison.
Old 1st January 2019, 09:23 AM   #35
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
A full sentence and an unequivocal agreement! It's a new year indeed.

The House might impeach, the Senate won't convict, Trump will lose election, he'll pardon the entire crime family including himself, he will face criminal charges in NY state which will drag on for years and he'll die before anything goes to trial.
Unfortunately, this sounds likeliest to me. That or re-election.

Given just what is public knowledge, Trump should be in jail. Probably won't happen.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2019, 12:23 PM   #36
shemp

In a supermax prison for life. Bubba's bitch. Bankrupt. Ruined. Melania writes the biggest tell-all book of all time.
"...just as a magnet attracts iron filings, Trump shemp attracts, and is attracted to, louts." - George Will
shemp is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2019, 01:27 PM   #37
CORed
Philosopher

No. Russia will have no further use for him once he's out of office. They won't let him in.
CORed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2019, 02:00 PM   #38
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Let’s find out!
Old 1st January 2019, 02:05 PM   #39
Brainache
Nasty Brutish and Tall

Originally Posted by CORed View Post
No. Russia will have no further use for him once he's out of office. They won't let him in.
Might even be some Novichok in his future if he looks like spilling the beans in some kind of plea bargain...
Brainache is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st January 2019, 02:05 PM   #40
shemp

Originally Posted by Regnad Kcin View Post
Let’s find out!
I agree, this proposition needs to be tested, preferably double-blind (Trump with two black eyes)!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics