ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , political predictions , prediction thread , predictions

View Poll Results: Where will Trump be two years from now?
Dead 6 5.36%
In prison 12 10.71%
Impeached 11 9.82%
Voted out 52 46.43%
Reelected 22 19.64%
Planet X 9 8.04%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10th March 2019, 07:55 PM   #121
Solitaire
Neoclinus blanchardi

Quote:
Donald Trump Fired! Impeachment Letter by Robert Reich

Robert Muellerís soon-to-be-delivered report will begin months of congressional
investigations, subpoenas, court challenges, partisan slugfests, media revelations
and more desperate conspiracy claims by Donald Trump, all against the backdrop
of the burning questions. Will he be impeached by the House? Will he be convicted
by the Senate? Will he pull a Richard Nixon and resign?

In other words, will America fire Trump?

I have news for you. America has already fired him.

(-- Skipping a lot of stuff here. --)

Most of us donít pay much attention to national policy but we pay a lot of
attention to home economics. Youíve made our own home economics worse.

Weíll give you official notice youíre fired on 3 November 2020, if not before.
Until then, you can keep the house and perks, but youíre toast.

The man's clearly an optimist. I'm thinking more Reagan and Bush Junior.
Old 10th March 2019, 08:58 PM   #122
Venom
Graduate Poster

I'd love to see the day when they tell him "President Trump, you're FIRED!"
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2019, 09:31 PM   #123
Norman Alexander
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
I'd love to see the day when they tell him "President Trump, you're FIRED!"
I don't mind if that is 12:00 noon on 20-Jan-2021. He can run his term until then, and leave a swathe of dejection, destruction and dismay in his wake. If he wants to play zero-sum games, what is bad for the USA must be good for everyone else. And I'm one of everyone else.

And I like to imagine that the moment the next president takes the oath, that the handcuffs will snap on Donny's wrists and he will be led way quickly and quietly into the background, never to be seen again until his trial.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th March 2019, 10:03 PM   #124
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

I do think that enthusiasm for Trump has faded to next to nothing. There is still the raving "stick it to the libs" base, but they would jump ship instantly if they can find a new leader. And a large fraction of Republicans want a "much less trumpy" Trump.
If it wasn't for the herd mentality on the right, the candidate field for 2020 for the GOP would be nearly as big as the Dems.
Old 11th March 2019, 06:08 AM   #125
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
I don't mind if that is 12:00 noon on 20-Jan-2021. He can run his term until then, and leave a swathe of dejection, destruction and dismay in his wake. If he wants to play zero-sum games, what is bad for the USA must be good for everyone else. And I'm one of everyone else.

And I like to imagine that the moment the next president takes the oath, that the handcuffs will snap on Donny's wrists and he will be led way quickly and quietly into the background, never to be seen again until his trial.
While many liberals have wet dreams when the fantasize about what you suggest it is undoubtedly impossible. Oh, sure he might be led away in handcuffs, but in the current space-time continuum, it is impossible for him to do anything quietly.

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
I do think that enthusiasm for Trump has faded to next to nothing. There is still the raving "stick it to the libs" base, but they would jump ship instantly if they can find a new leader. And a large fraction of Republicans want a "much less trumpy" Trump.
If it wasn't for the herd mentality on the right, the candidate field for 2020 for the GOP would be nearly as big as the Dems.
I think it is less a herd mentality and more a matter of President Trump cancelling the primaries by combining the RNC and his re-election committee.

ETA
Also, what’s with “ never to be seen again until his trial.” None of the alleged crimes would preclude bail. Plus it would be fun to watch a judge say because you are a multi-billi9naire, Bali will be set at $100,000,000, after all that is only 1.25% of your net worth. I think the president might have a very difficult time raising that much cash. In addition, Mr Never-Use-Your-Own-Money would have no problems asking for donations for his bail. The absurdity of the request would be lost on the folks who have drunk the Kool-Aid.

Last edited by Ladewig; 11th March 2019 at 06:19 AM.
Ladewig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th March 2019, 07:59 AM   #126
Earthborn
Terrestrial Intelligence

He will declare himself President for Life. Also he will start to eat better, and like his doctor said will live to be at least 200 years old.
Old 12th March 2019, 08:52 PM   #127
Toontown
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Earthborn View Post
He will declare himself President for Life. Also he will start to eat better, and like his doctor said will live to be at least 200 years old.
You are pure evil.

Plus, you're wrong. Nothing will live 200 years under those conditions. Except maybe some cockroaches and the like.

"Everything Trump Touches Dies". Including himself.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics