ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Congressional hearings , donald trump , Michael Cohen , Trump controversies

Old 27th February 2019, 09:29 AM   #41
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

More live tweet updates, from the NYT
Old 27th February 2019, 09:30 AM   #42
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

It's pathetic how Trumpanzees want to convince the world that a flipped criminals testimony can never be valid or credible....
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 09:31 AM   #43
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Or maybe he's limited about what he can talk about when it comes to collusion, because it might interfere with the Mueller investigation.
Good call, very likely

eta: I guess I'm worried about Cohen saying enough to satisfy critics that he is being candid, but not giving any real meat, and still collecting his payoff at the end

Last edited by Thermal; 27th February 2019 at 09:33 AM.
Thermal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 09:31 AM   #44
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

He's just said that Hope Hicks personally directed him to "spin" the "grab them by the pussy" tape as being "locker room talk".
Old 27th February 2019, 09:31 AM   #45
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Is Roger Stone violating gag order?
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 09:31 AM   #46
Horatius
NWO Kitty Wrangler

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
We got the receipts

what a sniveling rat.

Do you ever, alone at night in your bed, start to worry about the fact that you've descended to the "snitches get stitches" level of discourse in your desperation to defend an indefensible president? When you're copying gangsters and petty criminals, you really should re-think your positions.

It's okay to abandon ship when it's sinking, you know. It really is.
Old 27th February 2019, 09:31 AM   #47
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

Before this fine thread was born, some wannabe Nostradamus elsewhere posted...

Originally Posted by Vastradamus View Post
Brace yourselves people. Not for Cohen's appearance -- although it should be pretty juicy. But for spittle and adjectives the likes of which have rarely been seen flow here daily.
Alas, I suspect that even if the million$ challenge still existed, no soup this time.
Old 27th February 2019, 09:33 AM   #48
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Originally Posted by Matthew Best View Post
Carpe Donktum????
His resume: Stay-at-home dad and meme-creator.

You don't have to scroll too far down in his Twitter feed to find conspiracy theories.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 09:35 AM   #49
johnny karate
... and your little dog too.

Originally Posted by Horatius View Post
It's okay to abandon ship when it's sinking, you know. It really is.
Hey, wait a minute... that's what rats do.

Nice try, Horatius.
johnny karate is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 09:35 AM   #50
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Yeah, isn't it amazing? Trump is EXACTLY, the person we ALL...including you Big Dog knew him to be. Racist, narcissistic, sexist, misogynistic, lying POS CON MAN. DID I SAY lying? I meant LYING.
Indeed so.

I am constantly amazed and disgusted by how the Tumptards actually do know just how horrible Trump really is, and yet the Trumptards simply keep on supporting Trump.

I guess it is like Lincoln once famously said:

"You can fool some of the people all of the time."
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 09:36 AM   #51
The Big Dog

This is going amazingly bad for the Resistance schnooks,

Cohen looks like a sniveling rat, yet he still can't give them what they want, anything about Russian Collusion or tying payments to various bimbos to campaign funds.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 09:39 AM   #52
Thermal
Philosopher

Cohen looks like a sniveling rat, yet he still can't give them what they want, anything about Russian Collusion or tying payments to various bimbos to campaign funds.
Whoo hoo!
Old 27th February 2019, 09:39 AM   #53
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Good call, very likely

eta: I guess I'm worried about Cohen saying enough to satisfy critics that he is being candid, but not giving any real meat, and still collecting his payoff at the end
What payoff?
Old 27th February 2019, 09:40 AM   #54
The Big Dog

Oof these republicans suck. They need a little injection of TBD:

"Say, Mike, isn't it true that you started ratting out anyone and everyone because you managed to **** up so badly that Mueller was threatening to put your wife in jail?"
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 09:43 AM   #55
The Big Dog

We got the receipts:

https://twitter.com/truthforu2020/st...35547344068608

This was of course before the Mueller gang threatened Cohen's wife with prison of course.
Old 27th February 2019, 09:44 AM   #56
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Ratting is slang for telling the truth about the crimes of others....
Old 27th February 2019, 09:46 AM   #57
varwoche
Penultimate Amazing

That whirring sound you hear is Howard Baker spinning in his grave at an intensity that puts whirling dervishes to shame.
Old 27th February 2019, 09:48 AM   #58
Crossbow
Seeking Honesty and Sanity

And if Cohen was still a Trump butt-licker then Trump would love Cohen.
A man's best friend is his dogma.
Crossbow is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 09:48 AM   #59
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
What payoff?
Whatever is negotiated for Cohen to take the fall in the interests of his party's 'greater good'. Speculation, of course
Old 27th February 2019, 09:49 AM   #60
The Big Dog

No, actually it isn't, it is offering testimony in order to avoid the full impact of one's own monstrous crimes.

here Cohen managed to get his wife in hot water and is singing so that other shoe don't drop.
Old 27th February 2019, 09:50 AM   #61
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

Is Roger Stone violating gag order?
Might wanna bookmark this site.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 09:51 AM   #62
The Big Dog

Another word for sniveling rat is "Incentivized Informants."

Real danger to the fair administration of justice

https://www.innocenceproject.org/cau...ed-informants/
Old 27th February 2019, 09:51 AM   #63
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

The Republicans are mostly just calling him a liar and trying to discredit him.
Old 27th February 2019, 09:52 AM   #64
timhau
NWO Litter Technician

Location: Looks like Finland. Smells like Finland. Quacks like Finland. Where the hell am I?
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
What a fail. It makes him look presidential.
Old 27th February 2019, 09:53 AM   #65
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

But Trump hires the best people.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 09:53 AM   #66
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Whatever is negotiated for Cohen to take the fall in the interests of his party's 'greater good'. Speculation, of course
Negotiated with whom? Cohen is testifying because he got caught and then hung out to dry by Trump. He has plenty to lose and little to gain.
Old 27th February 2019, 09:54 AM   #67
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

He's just said that he regularly briefed both Don Jr. and Ivanka Trump about Trump Tower Moscow.
Old 27th February 2019, 09:55 AM   #68
Thermal
Philosopher

Originally Posted by I Am The Scum View Post
But Trump hires the best people.
If they call Cohen a rat, can they still say they only hire the best people?
Old 27th February 2019, 09:56 AM   #69
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

This testimony is credible and will convince all but the Trumpanzees.
Old 27th February 2019, 09:57 AM   #70
The Big Dog

Lol, Clinton grifter Lanny Davis should be careful, or the cameras will catch him playing the organ grinder and holding cohen's leash
Old 27th February 2019, 09:59 AM   #71
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Gosar has just attacked Cohen for being disloyal to Trump.
Old 27th February 2019, 10:00 AM   #72
Belz...
Fiend God

Loyalty to the dead leader above all!

It's a good thing I don't drink alcohol.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 10:00 AM   #73
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Won't matter, since his statements will be in the records now.
Old 27th February 2019, 10:01 AM   #74
Belz...
Fiend God

Good point. I prefer people who speak up about these things than loyal criminals.

TBD's mileage may vary.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 10:01 AM   #75
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

They are displaying their contempt of law.
Old 27th February 2019, 10:01 AM   #76
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Gosar just suggested that Cohen is lying to reduce his sentence, and Cohen replied that he knows of now way that appearing in front of Congress would give the SDNY information they don't already have, but if anybody in Congress thinks they can help reduce his sentence he'd gladly accept it.

Gosar just literally said "liar, liar, pants on fire".
Old 27th February 2019, 10:03 AM   #77
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

He's can't reduce his sentence from what I understand.
Old 27th February 2019, 10:04 AM   #78
The Big Dog

Amen, he is a total disgrace to the legal profession, he is waiving attorney client privilege, violating confidentiality laws at the behest of an actual criminal like Lanny Davis, who is providing his "services" pro bono.

I wonder if Lanny threatened to Vince Foster someone in Cohen's family.
Old 27th February 2019, 10:04 AM   #79
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Cohen attributes his change of heart re protecting Trump to Charlottesville, Helsinki, the breakdown of civil discourse, and the fact that the government has degraded to the point where people in Congress are using the tactics they're currently using. He also warns the people in Congress he says are protecting Trump that they're going to end up where he is.
Old 27th February 2019, 10:05 AM   #80
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

He's can't reduce his sentence from what I understand.
He's said that providing substantive new information to SDNY may reduce it, but with the implication that he has no new information to give.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics