ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Congressional hearings , donald trump , Michael Cohen , Trump controversies

Old 27th February 2019, 03:59 PM   #281
Parsman
Muse

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Oh dear, the relevance is that the leftists' newest and bestest buddy Michael cohen is congenital liar of Hillarian Proportions.
The shame for you TBD is that he has been such a liar for one DJT for years! He obviously learned from the Master. And as has been pointed out here numerous times after 2 years of investigation by Mueller and his team do you honestly think anything he has said today will not be supported by good, hard physical evidence. I know the Maroon in Chief you support will scream fake news and the rest of his base alongside you will pretend to believe it. To the rest of the world your man is pretty much done up like a kipper.

When you're dead you don't know that you're dead, all the pain is felt by others....................the same thing happens when you're stupid.

Last edited by Parsman; 27th February 2019 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
Parsman is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 04:01 PM   #282
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by wasapi View Post
You can not second guess a narcissist. I believe Trump is more then capable of violence.
He is 72 years old. His body of work is close to having that final line drawn under it. It seems absurd to think he is about to go full brutal mob boss now. His scrutinised life so far shows only a man born into privilege who abused his social and wealth position to bully others.
Old 27th February 2019, 04:02 PM   #283
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

You understand that i have already expertly and with actual legal citations nuked that false comment from orbit, right?
You are making zero sense. Reread my post and try again.
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 04:03 PM   #284
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Sure. You see there is something called an Information. let me know when you have read the entire Information I linked earlier.

/so to confirm, you did claim you are an attorney, right?
Thanks for setting aside the time to walk me through it so thoroughly. I really appreciate the effort and hope that you enjoyed the process as much as I did.

And based on that thorough process I think we can stick with: The lie Cohen pleaded guilty to telling was that Trump did nothing wrong.

Unless you have some objection that wasn't covered when you walked me through it.

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 04:04 PM   #285
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Just read Cohen's belief that if he loses in 2020 Trump will not go quietly.
I have no doubt, if he loses, Trump might well go into Cody Jarrett in "White Heat" mode and try to go out in a blaze of glory:

"Top of the World, Ma!".

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 04:08 PM   #286
Tero
Graduate Poster

You think Congress ought to give a medal to someone who admitted lying* to Congress and is going down the river for it in a couple of months. Fascinating.

*and by lying I am taking into account the length and breathe of human existence where humans are infinite bits of grey on a sliding scale from being to nothingness.... namaste.
He’s telling the truth now. America loves recovering crooks, alcoholics and addicts! Produgal son, redemptuon and all that crap!
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 04:09 PM   #287
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by timhau View Post
You got to work with what you got. And when you don't get much...
It's molehills all the way down.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 04:10 PM   #288
a_unique_person

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Urgh. Michael Cohen is the worst kind of sleazeball slimy unreliable witness. Disgruntled convicted-of-lying ex-attorney. What a snake in the grass.
That's why Trump picked him as his lawyer and had him on his team for so many years.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 04:22 PM   #289
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

I had sort of hoped, when Trump was elected, that the mainstream GOP would sort of act as a control and keep him within bounds.
The opposite had happened. The GOP..with a few honorable exceptions have sold their souls to Donald Trump.
For me, the turning point was Charolltesville. When the GOP Congresscritters defending Trump on that, I knew they had lost all sense of decency.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 04:30 PM   #290
a_unique_person

'k

READ: Michael Cohen's plea agreement

Not kidding you folks are really entertaining TBD this afternoon.
If you roll over I will give you a tickle on the tummy.
Old 27th February 2019, 04:32 PM   #291
a_unique_person

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Here, I'll throw the bone:

Yes, Cohen is a liar.

Happy now?

Now let's have a fun test, and determine who has not
Trump? Manafort? Stone? Don Jr? Flynn?
Old 27th February 2019, 04:34 PM   #292
a_unique_person

That CongressGrifter Michael Cohen himself set up that fake account filled with lies.
He also did illegal acts for Trump.
Old 27th February 2019, 04:38 PM   #293
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist

Cohen lied to Congress about the details of an otherwise totally legal project.

the lies were the crimes, not anything Trump did.
Trump ordered the lies.
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 04:41 PM   #294
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
I think you misunderstand me.

It is very rare for narcissists to use physical violence to control people. Clayton Weatherston is an extreme example of a "vindictive narcissist"; a type that is far more likely to commit violence, but when they do, it is extremely violent and is very often the end game. After having emotionally manipulated and controlled the person they are in a relationship with for an extended period of time, there will be some perceived slight that will be the trigger, and they will explode in a fit of blind rage that would have given almost no indication that it was coming. Weatherston was brooding, quiet, almost shy in his outward persona. His murder of Sophie Elliot was the exacting of revenge in an enormous overreaction to the slight he felt for her leaving him.

Trump is a different kettle of fish; he is almost certainly a "grandiose narcissist". This type is almost never physically violent - as I said, too cunning to risk leaving marks. Hitting Melania in an elevator would be totally out of character both for Trump and someone of his pathology.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...-how-deal-them
Old 27th February 2019, 04:53 PM   #295
Belz...
Fiend God

determine who has not... lied to Congress?
Admitted to lying to Congress?
Pled guilty of lying to Congress?
Got convicted of lying to Congress?
Is going to jail for lying to Congress?

I know, I know!

Michael Cohen!
It must really hurt you inside that he was your dear leader's number one guy.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 04:54 PM   #296
Belz...
Fiend God

That CongressGrifter Michael Cohen himself set up that fake account filled with lies.
Have you ever lied, TBD? To anyone? Ever?

Belz... is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 04:55 PM   #297
Belz...
Fiend God

Kinda like me and this thread, Watching some of the Leftists' heads exploding in fits of red-faced, spittle-filled real outrage has been truly, truly entertaining, indeed.
I had no idea you were a leftist.

Old 27th February 2019, 04:55 PM   #298
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
Just read Cohen's belief that if he loses in 2020 Trump will not go quietly.
I have no doubt, if he loses, Trump might well go into Cody Jarrett in "White Heat" mode and try to go out in a blaze of glory:

"Top of the World, Ma!".
Oh yes

If he loses, I fully expect Trump to to scream "rigged election" from the rooftops.
Old 27th February 2019, 04:57 PM   #299
Mumbles
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Congressman who did the racist thing, Trump's black friend proves he's not a racist, gets called on it by a black Congresswoman. Goes into a pearl clutching outrage, settled by Cummings clarifying the accusation was general, not personal. Nice one. Prevents the testimony from being stricken from the record, takes the teeth out of the Congressman's outrage while leaving the blatant (and valid) accusation intact. Whether he's a racist or not, the tactic was racist.
All while Meadows sits there red faced, looking about to either bawl, or faint. Gotta admit, it's nice to have someone in the House to call that sort of foolishnessness out.

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post

It is very rare for narcissists to use physical violence to control people. Clayton Weatherston is an extreme example of a "vindictive narcissist"; a type that is far more likely to commit violence, but when they do, it is extremely violent and is very often the end game. After having emotionally manipulated and controlled the person they are in a relationship with for an extended period of time, there will be some perceived slight that will be the trigger, and they will explode in a fit of blind rage that would have given almost no indication that it was coming. Weatherston was brooding, quiet, almost shy in his outward persona. His murder of Sophie Elliot was the exacting of revenge in an enormous overreaction to the slight he felt for her leaving him.

Trump is a different kettle of fish; he is almost certainly a "grandiose narcissist". This type is almost never physically violent - as I said, too cunning to risk leaving marks. Hitting Melania in an elevator would be totally out of character both for Trump and someone of his pathology.
Hmm...Consider the divorce records from his first wife - got hair plugs that hurt, and proceeded to beat the mess out of her and raped her.
Mumbles is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 04:59 PM   #300
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...-how-deal-them
I think it's a mistake to suggest that Trump is never physically violent because he's a narcissist. I'm not saying he ever hit Melanie. I have no opinion either way, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt on this.
Old 27th February 2019, 05:04 PM   #301
Toontown
Philosopher

Kinda like me and this thread, Watching some of the Leftists' heads exploding in fits of red-faced, spittle-filled real outrage has been truly, truly entertaining, indeed.
You haven't been "watching" that. You've been imagining it, spurred by your hopeful interpretation of their habitually Trump-condemning comments. Wave your hand in front of your eyes to snap yourself out of it. That's it. Watch the hand. The hand is real. The exploding heads are hallucinatory.

That's just the way "Leftists" talk. It's like when you Christians are bad-mouthing atheists. Your heads aren't exploding. You're just badmouthing atheists. Right?

Jeez, dude. Maybe you better find somebody else to take verbal bullets for. Yeah, I see you spraying wild automatic bursts back in the other direction, but there's just no future in this Trump-defending. You spray a magazine at one leftist, then Trump misdirects an arty strike on you again and then five more leftists pop up behind you. And now even his former loyalists are turning. Think about that. Cohen used to be Trump's avowed bullet-taker. Could you even distinguish him from a "leftist" today?

Yeah, I know you don't know what I'm talking about. It's analogy, see. I'm likening your efforts here to being in a war against "leftists" with Trump as your commanding officer.

Yeah. Think about that. Think about Trump being your C.O. in a war. Maybe you'll see the light.

Last edited by Toontown; 27th February 2019 at 05:10 PM.
Toontown is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 05:11 PM   #302
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Urgh. Michael Cohen is the worst kind of sleazeball slimy unreliable witness. Disgruntled convicted-of-lying ex-attorney. What a snake in the grass.
I can think of a couple more witnesses just as slimy and unreliable.

Cohen plead guilty instead of pleading innocent. He took responsibility for his wrong doing. That says something.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 05:23 PM   #303
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
It must really hurt you inside that he was your dear leader's number one guy.

Old 27th February 2019, 05:26 PM   #304
a_unique_person

Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
Trump ordered the lies.
TBD would have preferred it if Cohen had told the truth to Congress at his first testimony. That Trump is a shameless grifter, conman and liar.
Old 27th February 2019, 05:31 PM   #305
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Does one need the secret decoder ring in order to determine Trump's instructions to Cohen? If so, where can one purchase the correct decoder ring? I'd really like to know what these secret codes contain and exactly how we can prosecute President Trump based on these damning coded instructions to Cohen.

Chris B.
One could choose to be civil though and still disagree. For example, since I know Bigfoot does exist, I don't call others "idiot" just because they're uneducated on the subject and share a different view based on that lack of experience. Chris B.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 05:37 PM   #306
Steve
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ChrisBFRPKY View Post
Does one need the secret decoder ring in order to determine Trump's instructions to Cohen? If so, where can one purchase the correct decoder ring? I'd really like to know what these secret codes contain and exactly how we can prosecute President Trump based on these damning coded instructions to Cohen.

Chris B.
?????
Old 27th February 2019, 05:40 PM   #307
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
TBD would have preferred it if Cohen had told the truth to Congress at his first testimony. That Trump is a shameless grifter, conman and liar.
You see, TBD thinks that Cohen told the truth the first time he testified before Congress, and then, for some reason, even though he was telling the truth, he said that he actually lied, and got charged for lies he didn't actually tell because they were not lies, they were truths. Now, he's actually telling the truth and TBD thinks he's lying because both can't be the truth, and he prefers to believe whatever true lies fit his personal truths. Got that?.

And he thinks leftists jump through hoops?

Last edited by smartcooky; 27th February 2019 at 05:41 PM.
smartcooky is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 05:43 PM   #308
Cain
Straussian

Democrats hate America so much they would schedule this rat liar to testify while president Trump meets with Chairman of N. Korea.
Old 27th February 2019, 05:45 PM   #309
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Chris B.
You need a special decoder ring to understand how Trump works about as much as Ralphie needed a special decoder to understand Little Orphan Annie's secret message.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 05:45 PM   #310
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Chris B.
Pro Tip: Google "Plausible Deniability"
Old 27th February 2019, 05:46 PM   #311
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
Democrats hate America so much they would schedule this rat liar to testify while president Trump meets with Chairman of N. Korea.
Where he'll manage to make as much progress with his "great friend" as he did last time.
Old 27th February 2019, 05:46 PM   #312
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Democrats hate love America so much they would schedule this rat liar to testify while president Trump meets with Chairman of N. Korea.
FTFY

Yes, I know, you're cain.... but, but, but, I just couldn't help myself.
Old 27th February 2019, 05:51 PM   #313
Toontown
Philosopher

You see, TBD thinks that Cohen told the truth the first time he testified before Congress, and then, for some reason, even though he was telling the truth, he said that he actually lied, and got charged for lies he didn't actually tell because they were not lies, they were truths. Now, he's actually telling the truth and TBD thinks he's lying because both can't be the truth, and he prefers to believe whatever true lies fit his personal truths. Got that?.

And he thinks leftists jump through hoops?
That's what Trump does to some people. I don't know how he does it. Somebody must have sold him the tech. Probably Russia.

But it doesn't work on everybody.
Old 27th February 2019, 06:08 PM   #314
Tero
Graduate Poster

The conman’s lawyer rats on the conmn. Meanwhile the conman is so taken with a dicttor, he lets Kim con him.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 06:12 PM   #315
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
?????
During the hearing Cohen was pressed about saying that Trump never directed him to lie to congress. Cohen agreed to his previous statement, then suggested Trump gave him instructions in "code" and gave an example of this "code".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFf7Za9lV-4

Chris B.
One could choose to be civil though and still disagree. For example, since I know Bigfoot does exist, I don't call others "idiot" just because they're uneducated on the subject and share a different view based on that lack of experience. Chris B.
ChrisBFRPKY is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 06:13 PM   #316
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

During the hearing Cohen was pressed about saying that Trump never directed him to lie to congress. Cohen agreed to his previous statement, then suggested Trump gave him instructions in "code" and gave an example of this "code".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFf7Za9lV-4

Chris B.
Old 27th February 2019, 06:20 PM   #317
I Am The Scum
Illuminator

Isn't TBD the one who, several months ago, claimed that lying to congress (or maybe investigators) was not a crime?
I Am The Scum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 27th February 2019, 06:22 PM   #318
ChrisBFRPKY
Master Poster

I got it, but more importantly, this clearly lets Trump off the hook for any suggestion of telling Cohen to lie to Congress. Impeachment dreams are shattered.

How is he helping the Democrats again?

Chris B.
Old 27th February 2019, 06:26 PM   #319
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Paul Gosar, the GOP congressman who did the Liar lair pants on fire routine, also thinks that Charolttesville is the result of a left wing conspiracy.
Man ,that heat in Arizona does weird things to people....

Robert Heinlein.
Old 27th February 2019, 06:31 PM   #320
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

It would appear it is the other way round.

Trump loves himself and his own image so much that he scheduled a meeting with the Chairman of N. Korea in an effort to distract from a "rat liar" testifying against him to Congress.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics