ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Bill O'Reilly , sexual harassment charges , sexual harassment issues

Old 25th October 2017, 09:42 AM   #321
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by pgwenthold View Post
I don't know if anyone has posted it yet, but apparently, OReilly has posted the "proof" that the sexual harassment claims against him are nonsense. There are 4 things he posted on his website, apparently. I wouldn't know, I got it all from here

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/dispatc...lys-innocence/

The 4 are

I have to say, the first one is the funniest one. He uses it as "proof" that he is innocent, that he paid a $32mil settlement. In contrast, that he paid a $32 mil settlement is pretty much the basis of the argument made by his critics that he is guilty.

And gaslighting, of course, because, you know, if you can have three women who vouch that you didn't harass them, then that proves (remember, he was the one who claims it is proof) that you didn't harass anyone else.
I think Megyn Kelly is the same person in two of those notes so only two women. And they are not supportive of him in that now.

As Gretchen Carlson said about this "Nobody pays $32m for false allegations - nobody "
ponderingturtle is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th October 2017, 10:16 AM   #322
pgwenthold
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
In his mind I'm sure it proves he didn't harass anyone. She can't be upset about sexual harassment if she sends a thank you note.
He doesn't have a thank you note from the accuser, just other random Fox women.
Old 25th October 2017, 10:55 AM   #323
Emily's Cat
Knows how to push buttons... er... press keys

Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
So how long has conservative American politics been hijacked by cynical money grubbers?
Only a wee bit longer than liberal American politics has been hijacked by cynical money grubbers. It pretty much comes with the territory of politics in general.
Old 25th October 2017, 05:11 PM   #324
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped

Originally Posted by Emily's Cat View Post
Only a wee bit longer than liberal American politics has been hijacked by cynical money grubbers. It pretty much comes with the territory of politics in general.
Interesting contrast between the reactions to O’Reilly and Weinstein. The other thing I think of are the televangelists and their lucrative money rorts. The conservative side of politics talk s big on morals until one of their own is scandalised.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Social Issues & Current Events