ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old Yesterday, 05:10 PM   #561
Skeptic Ginger
formerly skeptigirl

Originally Posted by Stacko View Post
Looks like it's too soon to find any comprehensive fact checking but a whole lot of that interview is specious.

Like this lie he's still repeating:
Quote:
TRUMP: I saved $725 million on the 90 planes. Just 90. Now there are 3,000 planes that are going to be ordered. On 90 planes I saved $725 million. It's actually a little bit more than that, but it's $725 million. Gen. Mattis, who had to sign the deal when it came to his office, said, "I've never seen anything like this in my life."
What baloney, claiming Mattis said he's never seen anything like it. Trump is ill, it's not normal even for a politician padding his resume.

The facts:
Trump overstates credit for $700 million in savings for F-35s
Quote:
The savings with the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter are real, but they were in the works before Trump cried foul about the price tag. A Trump spokesman did not reply for this fact-check. (The Washington Post Fact Checker previously looked at a claim that Trump took credit for cutting $600 million and gave it Four Pinocchios.)
Mattis may have said he'd never seen anything like it, referring to Trump's bragging about fake accomplishments.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Yesterday, 10:52 PM   #562
The Great Zaganza
Graduate Poster

For their future election chances, it is much better for Republicans to crash&burn with Trump than to succeed by cooperating with the Democrats.
Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM   #563
skyeagle409
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Like this lie he's still repeating:What baloney, claiming Mattis said he's never seen anything like it. Trump is ill, it's not normal even for a politician padding his resume.

The facts:
Trump overstates credit for $700 million in savings for F-35sMattis may have said he'd never seen anything like it, referring to Trump's bragging about fake accomplishments.

Just another example of many how Trump is proving to the whole world that he is unfit to be President of the United States of America.
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:29 AM   #564
Armitage72
Graduate Poster

Forget having a functional government. People are paying attention; that's what matters.

Quote:
President Trump has no plans to fire press secretary Sean Spicer, comparing Spicer’s daily press briefings to a daytime soap opera.

“I’m not firing Sean Spicer,” Trump said, according to the Washington Post. “That guy gets great ratings. Everyone tunes in.”
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:21 AM   #565
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Armitage72 View Post
Forget having a functional government. People are paying attention; that's what matters.
Spicer really is the best clown in the world, people are just waiting to see what he will do next!
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:59 AM   #566
Argumemnon
World Maker

I guess that's what they meant by running the country like a for-profit company: it's the clicks that matter.
Old Today, 05:27 AM   #567
Stacko
Philosopher

The two fake news polls released yesterday, ABC & NBC, while containing some very positive info, were totally wrong in General E. Watch!
Fake polls contain positive info? How does that work?
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 07:03 AM   #568
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
I guess that's what they meant by running the country like a for-profit company: it's the clicks that matter.
Or electing a reality TV star. Clearly TV ratings matter more than approval ratings.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 07:04 AM   #569
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

A mistaken view that fake means not factual instead of just critical of him. Everything critical of him is fake everything supportive of him is real. This is all a post modernist perspective on reality.
Old Today, 07:09 AM   #570
phiwum
Philosopher

They were fake in October, they're real now. Just like the unemployment numbers.
phiwum is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 07:10 AM   #571
Stacko
Philosopher

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
Or electing a reality TV star. Clearly TV ratings matter more than approval ratings.
Clearly. From his bonkers AP interview.

Quote:
TRUMP: No I have, it's interesting, I have, seem to get very high ratings. I definitely. You know Chris Wallace had 9.2 million people, it's the highest in the history of the show. I have all the ratings for all those morning shows. When I go, they go double, triple. Chris Wallace, look back during the Army-Navy football game, I did his show that morning.

AP: I remember, right.

TRUMP: It had 9.2 million people. It's the highest they've ever had. On any, on air, (CBS "Face the Nation" host John) Dickerson had 5.2 million people. It's the highest for "Face the Nation" or as I call it, "Deface the Nation." It's the highest for "Deface the Nation" since the World Trade Center. Since the World Trade Center came down. It's a tremendous advantage.

I have learned one thing, because I get treated very unfairly, that's what I call it, the fake media. And the fake media is not all of the media. You know they tried to say that the fake media was all the, no. The fake media is some of you. I could tell you who it is, 100 percent. Sometimes you're fake, but — but the fake media is some of the media. It bears no relationship to the truth. It's not that Fox treats me well, it's that Fox is the most accurate.
Highest ratings since 9/11.
Stacko is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 07:12 AM   #572
Argumemnon
World Maker

God, he's such a *********** drama queen.
Old Today, 09:26 AM   #573
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Argumemnon View Post
God, he's such a *********** drama queen.
This week is gonna be epic.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 09:37 AM   #574
skyeagle409
Graduate Poster

You might want to ask Trump because in his mind, he comes up with the following;

ABC fake news = 1 and NBC fake news = 1

So Trump tackles the numbers and comes up with:

1 + 1 = 6
skyeagle409 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 09:45 AM   #575
Argumemnon
World Maker

Originally Posted by skyeagle409 View Post
You might want to ask Trump because in his mind, he comes up with the following;

ABC fake news = 1 and NBC fake news = 1

So Trump tackles the numbers and comes up with:

1 + 1 = 6
Nah, he'd come up with the biggest number ever. They're amazed at how big the number is, biggest number since FDR. Trump never thought he could get that big a number. Very big.
Old Today, 10:21 AM   #576
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

The AP interview is only remarkable if you never read The NY Times or Wash Post interviews. Imbecility cubed.

The man is hopeless.
Old Today, 12:06 PM   #577
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Has trump got a new hairstylist? He seems to have a good serving of fairy/candy floss sitting on the top of his head now.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes

Last edited by a_unique_person; Today at 12:07 PM.
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 02:51 PM   #578
Stacko
Philosopher

Populism!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.28a74be99d37
Old Today, 02:53 PM   #579
TraneWreck
Philosopher

Seriously, how the **** can people still believe this:

Quote:
When Trump proposed the 15 percent rate during the campaign, the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center projected that this would reduce federal revenue by $2.4 trillion over 10 years. But White House officials have said that the tax cuts will create such a jump in economic growth that it will create new revenue, an assumption that has divided experts.

“The tax plan will pay for itself with economic growth,” Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said Monday.
It just never dies.
TraneWreck is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 04:31 PM   #580
Spindrift
Time Person of the Year, 2006

Originally Posted by TraneWreck View Post
Seriously, how the **** can people still believe this:

It just never dies.
It worked great in Kansas.
Spindrift is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics