ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Old Yesterday, 11:42 PM   #401
Red Baron Farms
Illuminator

Job 38

The Lord Speaks

Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm. He said:

“Who is this that obscures my plans
with words without knowledge?
Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me."
"Permaculture is a philosophy of working with, rather than against nature; of protracted & thoughtful observation rather than protracted & thoughtless labour; & of looking at plants & animals in all their functions, rather than treating any area as a single-product system." Bill Mollison
Biome Carbon Cycle Management
Red Baron Farms is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 01:03 AM   #402
stargazer0519
Scholar

Originally Posted by Hokulele View Post
Heh, following on from that comment:

1 Cor 13:4 - Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful;
1 John 4:8 - Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.
Exodus 20:5 - You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the parents to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me,

Yeah, about that self-contradiction.
Well, no, love is not jealous or boastful.

Jealousy is jealous and boastful.

You can be loving and jealous at the same time.

I'm kind of just messing with you. It's also kinda true.
stargazer0519 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 03:25 PM   #403
Thor 2
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by stargazer0519 View Post
Well, no, love is not jealous or boastful.

Jealousy is jealous and boastful.

You can be loving and jealous at the same time.

I'm kind of just messing with you. It's also kinda true.

So you don't go with:

Quote:
1 Cor 13:4 - Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful;
Perhaps this is allegorical then?

You should talk to The Big Dog about this. He has the good oil on what is literal and what is allegorical in the Bible.
Old Today, 04:20 PM   #404
Nay_Sayer
I say nay!

Originally Posted by Thor 2 View Post
So you don't go with:

Perhaps this is allegorical then?

You should talk to The Big Dog about this. He has the good oil on what is literal and what is allegorical in the Bible.
He is far too busy figuring out who are the members of the secret soviet society here.
Nay_Sayer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old Today, 05:09 PM   #405
wareyin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
He is far too busy figuring out who are the members of the secret soviet society here.
Oh, that's easy. Don't believe in Sky-Daddies? You're a communist who is one step away from being the next Stalin!
wareyin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Religion and Philosophy