ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , joe biden , politics humor

Old 22nd March 2018, 06:33 AM   #1
zorro99
Muse

Who would win a fist fight between Donald Trump and Joe Biden?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8f70f16c60a8

Trump and Biden are both openly fantasizing about who would win in a fistfight

My money would be on Biden.
Old 22nd March 2018, 06:34 AM   #2
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator

Draw.
Trump would run to the end of the world to avoid a fight with Biden.
"To make covenants with brute beasts is impossible, because, not understanding our speech, they understand not nor accept of any translation of right; nor can translate any right to another; and without mutual acceptation, there is no covenant" - Thomas Hobbes
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 06:40 AM   #3
Belz...
Fiend God

Quote:
Who would win a fist fight between Donald Trump and Joe Biden?
My money's on heart failure.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 06:42 AM   #4
The Greater Fool
Illuminator

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way
America loses.
Old 22nd March 2018, 06:47 AM   #5
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Biden apparently lifts weights, and generally works out. Trump...sits in bed eating McDonalds or cheats at golf. My money would be on Biden.

Mind you, I think both are acting like children.
Old 22nd March 2018, 06:57 AM   #6
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Biden apparently lifts weights, and generally works out. Trump...sits in bed eating McDonalds or cheats at golf. My money would be on Biden.

There is a slight difference, Biden was speaking of a younger version of himself as he was in high school. Trump seems to be talking of his current self.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 07:01 AM   #7
Belz...
Fiend God

Both are acting like children... but Trump is trying real hard to act like MORE like a child. He always has to be MORE.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 07:03 AM   #8
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ponderingturtle View Post
There is a slight difference, Biden was speaking of a younger version of himself as he was in high school. Trump seems to be talking of his current self.
If that's the case, I'm sure that teenage Biden could beat 70-something year old Trump
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 07:18 AM   #9
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Agreed.

Quote:
But only one is acting like a child as President. Respect the office.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 07:24 AM   #10
Myles
New Blood

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Both are acting like children... but Trump is trying real hard to act like MORE like a child. He always has to be MORE.
Instead of trading barbs, they should try trading barbiturates.
Myles is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 07:35 AM   #11
rustypouch
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
Draw.
Trump would run to the end of the world to avoid a fight with Biden.
Really?

You think a man who chose to be driven in a golf cart instead of walking a quarter mile to be able to run?
rustypouch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 07:54 AM   #12
The Great Zaganza
Illuminator

Originally Posted by rustypouch View Post
Really?

You think a man who chose to be driven in a golf cart instead of walking a quarter mile to be able to run?
I bet that if you punch him on the nose once, he'll take off like bunny chased by a fox.
"To make covenants with brute beasts is impossible, because, not understanding our speech, they understand not nor accept of any translation of right; nor can translate any right to another; and without mutual acceptation, there is no covenant" - Thomas Hobbes
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 07:59 AM   #13
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Wow, I had no idea Uncle Joe was such a bad ass, particularly when he put up a valiant fight for the nomination and ran against Trump in 2016.

Oh wait, that didn't happen.
"Brennan has a history that calls into question his objectivity and credibility. In 2014, for example, he denied to Congress that CIA officials under his supervision had improperly accessed the computer files of congressional staffers... The CIA’s Inspector General, however, contradicted Mr. Brennan directly"
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:03 AM   #14
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Wow, I had no idea Uncle Joe was such a bad ass, particularly when he put up a valiant fight for the nomination and ran against Trump in 2016.

Phew, glad you caught your embarrassing mistake before anyone needed to correct you.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:05 AM   #15
The Big Dog
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Phew, glad you caught your embarrassing mistake before anyone needed to correct you.
Yeah, I was like Uncle Joe is talking so tough he MUST have actually contested the only thing that really matters, amiright?
"Brennan has a history that calls into question his objectivity and credibility. In 2014, for example, he denied to Congress that CIA officials under his supervision had improperly accessed the computer files of congressional staffers... The CIA’s Inspector General, however, contradicted Mr. Brennan directly"
The Big Dog is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:07 AM   #16
BobTheCoward
Penultimate Amazing

You know how Trump thinks a person has so much energy that you die after you use it all up? This is what he has been saving it for.
BobTheCoward is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:16 AM   #17
Belz...
Fiend God

What does that have to do with anything?

Oh, right. Nothing.

Old 22nd March 2018, 08:20 AM   #18
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
But only one is acting like a child as President. Respect the office.
I didn't vote for Trump because I wanted him to respect the office. It'd be nice if he did, but nobody's perfect. I'm confident the institution of the American Presidency will survive a few years of disrespectful behavior from Donald Trump. It's certainly survived disrespectful presidents before.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 08:21 AM   #19
Arcade22
Illuminator

It's almost like kids bickering and fighting in the kindergarten sandbox. Disgraceful.
Freedom you all want, you want freedom. Why then do you haggle over a more or less? Freedom can only be the whole of freedom; a piece of freedom is not freedom. You despair of the possibility of obtaining the whole of freedom, freedom from everything - yes, you consider it insanity even to wish this? - Well, then leave off chasing after the phantom, and spend your pains on something better than the - unattainable. - Max Stirner
Arcade22 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 01:17 PM   #20
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I didn't vote for Trump because I wanted him to respect the office. It'd be nice if he did, but nobody's perfect. I'm confident the institution of the American Presidency will survive a few years of disrespectful behavior from Donald Trump. It's certainly survived disrespectful presidents before.
People in Germany talked that way in 1932 about you know who.
On second thought, a great many republicans would vote for Hitler if he had an R after his name on the ballot.

Robert Heinlein.

Last edited by dudalb; 22nd March 2018 at 01:58 PM.
dudalb is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:02 PM   #21
mgidm86
Illuminator

From that, we get this:

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
People in Germany talked that way in 1932 about you know who.
On second thought, a great many republicans would vote for Hitler if he had an R after his name on the ballot.
Sure they did.

What Germans really think about those Hitler-Trump comparisons
Link

Long article, but in conclusion:
Quote:
According to Schubert, comparing the economic and political realities in the United States with those in Germany's Weimar Republic that enabled Hitler to take over power leads nowhere.
Because there is little comparison to 1932 Germany, and because it is insulting. If someone called me a Nazi or Hitler lover I'd equate that with the N-word. I can't think of a greater insult than being compared to those who murdered millions of people.

Quote:
Although his colleague Weber would not necessarily agree with Schubert's assertion that there are no similarities at all, Weber thinks that such broader comparisons can have a dangerous effect.

“The danger also is that people will rally to defend the people who unfairly have been compared to Hitler and feel sorry for them, rather than to figure out what’s wrong with them.”
Accusing people of wanting to vote for Hitler is an insult you can casually toss around, but it hurts any argument and will pretty much halt discussion.
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:05 PM   #22
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Yea, Considering his son just died, I get it.
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:29 PM   #23
Venom
Graduate Poster

Donald Trump: 71, 6'3", 239 lbs
From New York, light hands
Armspan = ?, Forearm diameter = ?; Little exercise and sleep; fast food

Joe Biden: 75, 6'0", 180 lbs
From Delaware, medium hands,
Armspan = ?, Forearm diameter = ?
Diet = ?,

I'd say Trump has the advantage mostly due to size. Will that be enough and will the chronic bad diet and lack of sleep affect his performance?
Obesity also has the effect of taking the wind out of you though.

ETA: is this thread serious enough
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:31 PM   #24
Stacyhs
Illuminator

Why would he have put up any fight for a nomination he never sought in the first place? So, tell me...is there anything Trump could do that you wouldn't defend? Anything?

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Yea, Considering his son just died, I get it.
Not only losing a son, but losing yet another child after having lost his wife and daughter in a car accident.
Stacyhs is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:32 PM   #25
Manger Douse
Thinker

I'm reminded of the gladiator scene in Life of Brian

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Manger Douse is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:34 PM   #26
Mike!
Official Ponylandistanian National Treasure. Respect it!

Location: Ponylandistan! Where the bacon grows on trees! Can it get any better than that? I submit it can not!
Who wins? Whoever got the Pay Per View rights would be my guess.
Old 22nd March 2018, 03:50 PM   #27
applecorped
Rotten to the Core

Everyone claims victory.
Old 22nd March 2018, 04:04 PM   #28
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by applecorped View Post
Everyone claims victory.
Not everyone, surely.

Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 04:45 PM   #29
Norman Alexander
Master Poster

Trump would claim to be the winner, even as he was regaining consciousness lying on the canvas nursing a black eye, fat lip, thick ears and a bloody nose. Then he would try to fire the referee for not giving him the win. And the GOP would give it to him.

All very edifying. I think Joe was just joshing around.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 05:24 PM   #30
BigFace42
Scholar

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Trump would claim to be the winner, even as he was regaining consciousness lying on the canvas nursing a black eye, fat lip, thick ears and a bloody nose. Then he would try to fire the referee for not giving him the win. And the GOP would give it to him.

All very edifying. I think Joe was just joshing around.
No, it would be the deep state, they turned Joe Biden into robocop for the fight.
BigFace42 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 05:30 PM   #31
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by mgidm86 View Post
From that, we get this:
Yep. I've started reporting that kind of **** for rule 11 breaches.
theprestige is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 05:38 PM   #32
Strawberry
Graduate Poster

I'm reminded of Osgood at the end of Some Like It Hot. Grasping at straws like that is not a good look unless you're in a Billy Wilder comedy.

Oh, and Joe Biden would win because Trump would pee his pants and run away.
Strawberry is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 05:39 PM   #33
Whip
Muse

Whip is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 22nd March 2018, 06:01 PM   #34
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Richard Nixon could take Trump with one rotting hand tied behind his decomposing back.
Old 22nd March 2018, 06:36 PM   #35
Cain
Straussian

I hope Biden doesn't run in 2020.
Old 22nd March 2018, 07:25 PM   #36
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cain View Post
I hope Biden doesn't run in 2020.
I wish he had run in 2016 but he's too dang old now.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics