ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Amanda Knox , Italy cases , Meredith Kercher , murder cases , Raffaele Sollecito

Old 20th March 2017, 05:09 PM   #2201
Vixen
Philosopher

Originally Posted by TruthCalls View Post
Oh dear lord, lying and misleading is becoming a habit with you.

Meredith did not snub Amanda, she replied back and said she already had dinner plans. She WAS allowed to make plans without inviting Amanda.

Amanda was completely infatuated with Raffaele. Giacomo wasn't a factor.

Lumumba told Amanda not to bother coming in because there was no business that night.

No indication of envy or resentment. No motive. Even the prosecution came up with better lame ideas than that.
The merits and the appeal court upheld that Amanda killed Mez, based on all the evidence heard before it.

Marasca, despite anulling the convictions, did not at any point say the pair were innocent.

Indeed it makes it clear: Amanda (and almost certainly, therefore, Raff) was at the scene of the murder .

The most recent judgment of the Florence Appeal Court, 22 Jan 2017, of Masi-Martuscelli in dismissing Raff's compensation claim, underlines it again:

Quote:
It does appear clear, in the light of the judicial truth established in the acquittal ruling
concerning the indisputable presence of Knox in 7 Via della Pergola at the time of the
murder,
that if Sollecito had immediately said, without later changing his story, that the
young woman had been far away from him during that time, and if he had told in a
precise way the time at which she had arrived at his house and also her condition [11 ->]
at that time – presumably upset or even extremely distraught, his legal situation would
certainly have been different.
Florence 22 January 2017
Presiding Judge
Dr. Silvia Martuscelli
Reporting Judge
Dr. Paola MASI
Filed with Registry [the clerk of court] 10 February 2017
Antonio Bossa
Clerk

So what was Amanda doing at the murder scene with Rudy and why did she not report it, but indeed denied it and did cover up for Rudy, it was found by the court?

You cannot answer this question can you?
"Play up! play up! and play the game!" ~ Sir Henry Newbolt 1892

Last edited by Vixen; 20th March 2017 at 05:13 PM.
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 05:15 PM   #2202
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
You are the 'pollution' to this debate - claiming that Rudy is to blame for everything.

So the aborted connection to Abbey National becomes, 'That was Rudy trying out the bank bur forgot the country code'.

There is zero evidence it was anything of the sort.

We do know as a SCIENTIFIC FACT that both Amanda and Raff turned off their phones for the duration of the murder.
1. We don't know that as scientific fact. I'm not sure you know what that is. Just because a phone does not connect to the network does not mean that the phone is turned off.
Phones and the network don't actively ping each other. If you set your phone down and no outbound or inbound calls are made there is no need to connect to each other.
2. People's memories are often faulty.
3. A phone may simply not see the network and vice-versa.
4.Even if they may have turned off their phones it doesnt mean a damn thing.
Old 20th March 2017, 05:17 PM   #2203
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

You are the 'pollution' to this debate - claiming that Rudy is to blame for everything.

So the aborted connection to Abbey National becomes, 'That was Rudy trying out the bank but forgot the country code'.

We do know as a SCIENTIFIC FACT that both Amanda and Raff turned off their phones for the duration of the murder.
The pollution? ? LMAO. LJ actually knows what he is talking about. You only think you do.
Old 20th March 2017, 05:19 PM   #2204
Vixen
Philosopher

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
1. We don't know that as scientific fact. I'm not sure you know what that is. Just because a phone does not connect to the network does not mean that the phone is turned off.
Phones and the network don't actively ping each other. If you set your phone down and no outbound or inbound calls are made there is no need to connect to each other.
2. People's memories are often faulty.
3. A phone may simply not see the network and vice-versa.
4.Even if they may have turned off their phones it doesnt mean a damn thing.
Please do read Letterio Latalla's testimony for yourself, and let us know which parts you disagree with.

http://themurderofmeredithkercher.co...%27s_Testimony

It is not something that is unguessable or unfathomable. There are precise scientific instruments that can measure and monitor calls.

Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 05:20 PM   #2205
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Oh *********** hell. (And by the way, you're on very shaky ground calling "me" pollution to the debate, rather than my arguments/opinions. Be careful.)

Thing is, Vixen, it's all (tellingly) in your mind that you think I'm claiming that "Rudy is to blame for everything". But at this point, I'm not in the least bit surprised at that type of sophistry.

My actual position (read back to check if you like, since you seem woefully uninformed on the matter) is that 1) there is zero credible, reliable evidence that Knox or Sollecito participated in the murder in any way; 2) there is more than enough credible, reliable evidence to prove BARD that Guede was at the very least a major participant in the murder; 3) all of the credible, reliable evidence is in fact wholly consistent with Guede acting alone; 4) all of the credible, reliable evidence tends to support the notion that Knox and Sollecito spent that evening/night together alone in Sollecito's apartment (and at the same time, there's zero credible, reliable evidence that Knox went out early the following morning to visit Quintavalle's shop); 5) the most reasonable conclusion to draw, in th light of all of that, is that Guede probably committed this sex murder alone, and that Knox and Sollecito almost certainly had nothing to do with it.

So, please don't misrepresent my position again, Vixen. OK? OK.

Quote:
So the aborted connection to Abbey National becomes, 'That was Rudy trying out the bank bur forgot the country code'.

Another grotesque misrepresentation of my position. Again, I'm hardly surprised, but it's still disgusting and dishonest "argumentation" on your part. For the record, once again, my position on the aborted connection to Abbey (and the 901 voicemail number - or are you ignorant of that event too....?) is that whoever was operating Kercher's phone at that point made a number of sequenced, deliberate button pushes over at least a 2-minute period, resulting in the known evidence of those two auto-aborted calls. My position is actually that whoever was holding the phone was in fact trying (unsuccessfully) to turn off the handset or place into mute mode. Nothing to do with "Rudy", or "trying out the bank" or "forgot the country code". Once again, despicable but unsurprising.

Quote:

Oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear. Once again, your scientific illiteracy shines through. Actually, what we know as a SCIENTIFIC FACT is that neither Knox's nor Sollecito's phone was connected to their respective networks over that time period. You're stunningly unaware that this can happen for a whole variety of reasons - only one of which is the manual turning off of the handset itself.

Knox states that she turned off her phone once she responded to Lumumba's text allowing her the night off (which reasonable observers would regard as perfectly plausible - but not you of course....), but it's highly feasible that Sollecito's handset remained switched on but dropped the signal - Sollecito lived in the heart of Old Perugia, in a thick stone building surrounded by other thick stone buildings in very close proximity. If you knew anything at all about cellular network topography and electromagnetic signal propagation (which, based on all the evidence, you clearly don't), you'd know that the position, topography and construction of Sollecito's apartment building actually made it rather likely that any mobile phone placed within certain areas of his apartment would experience signal drop-outs (often lengthy ones).

But hey, no! Let's just go with the pejorative, scientifically ignorant and illiterate myth that the evidence PROVES that the evil Knox and Sollecito necessarily deliberately switched off their phones (since, y'see, they were planning a heinous attack on Mezza, and this was all part of their evil plan.....)
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 05:21 PM   #2206
Vixen
Philosopher

The pollution? ? LMAO. LJ actually knows what he is talking about. You only think you do.
LOL You, LoJo and Stacyhs all know for sure 'It was Rudy who did absolutely everything'.

Don't tell me, even Latella is in on the Great Conspiracy to Frame the Kids.

Old 20th March 2017, 05:21 PM   #2207
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

So the aborted connection to Abbey National becomes, 'That was Rudy trying out the bank but forgot the country code'.

Still wrong. You really have no idea how cell networks actually operate, do you?
Old 20th March 2017, 05:25 PM   #2208
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Still wrong. You really have no idea how cell networks actually operate, do you?

It's utterly pitiful. Most arguments are not borne of the sheer chutzpah (or the level of intellectual dishonesty) to come out on the offensive in arguments when they are not underpinned by any understanding whatsoever of the topic being discussed/debated....
LondonJohn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 05:26 PM   #2209
Vixen
Philosopher

Originally Posted by LondonJohn View Post
Oh *********** hell. (And by the way, you're on very shaky ground calling "me" pollution to the debate, rather than my arguments/opinions. Be careful.)

Thing is, Vixen, it's all (tellingly) in your mind that you think I'm claiming that "Rudy is to blame for everything". But at this point, I'm not in the least bit surprised at that type of sophistry.

My actual position (read back to check if you like, since you seem woefully uninformed on the matter) is that 1) there is zero credible, reliable evidence that Knox or Sollecito participated in the murder in any way; 2) there is more than enough credible, reliable evidence to prove BARD that Guede was at the very least a major participant in the murder; 3) all of the credible, reliable evidence is in fact wholly consistent with Guede acting alone; 4) all of the credible, reliable evidence tends to support the notion that Knox and Sollecito spent that evening/night together alone in Sollecito's apartment (and at the same time, there's zero credible, reliable evidence that Knox went out early the following morning to visit Quintavalle's shop); 5) the most reasonable conclusion to draw, in th light of all of that, is that Guede probably committed this sex murder alone, and that Knox and Sollecito almost certainly had nothing to do with it.

So, please don't misrepresent my position again, Vixen. OK? OK.

Another grotesque misrepresentation of my position. Again, I'm hardly surprised, but it's still disgusting and dishonest "argumentation" on your part. For the record, once again, my position on the aborted connection to Abbey (and the 901 voicemail number - or are you ignorant of that event too....?) is that whoever was operating Kercher's phone at that point made a number of sequenced, deliberate button pushes over at least a 2-minute period, resulting in the known evidence of those two auto-aborted calls. My position is actually that whoever was holding the phone was in fact trying (unsuccessfully) to turn off the handset or place into mute mode. Nothing to do with "Rudy", or "trying out the bank" or "forgot the country code". Once again, despicable but unsurprising.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear oh dear. Once again, your scientific illiteracy shines through. Actually, what we know as a SCIENTIFIC FACT is that neither Knox's nor Sollecito's phone was connected to their respective networks over that time period. You're stunningly unaware that this can happen for a whole variety of reasons - only one of which is the manual turning off of the handset itself.

Knox states that she turned off her phone once she responded to Lumumba's text allowing her the night off (which reasonable observers would regard as perfectly plausible - but not you of course....), but it's highly feasible that Sollecito's handset remained switched on but dropped the signal - Sollecito lived in the heart of Old Perugia, in a thick stone building surrounded by other thick stone buildings in very close proximity. If you knew anything at all about cellular network topography and electromagnetic signal propagation (which, based on all the evidence, you clearly don't), you'd know that the position, topography and construction of Sollecito's apartment building actually made it rather likely that any mobile phone placed within certain areas of his apartment would experience signal drop-outs (often lengthy ones).

But hey, no! Let's just go with the pejorative, scientifically ignorant and illiterate myth that the evidence PROVES that the evil Knox and Sollecito necessarily deliberately switched off their phones (since, y'see, they were planning a heinous attack on Mezza, and this was all part of their evil plan.....)

Do have a read of expert Latella, old chap. He makes it clear that on the contrary, the signal to Raff's appartment was very strong.

Stop twisting the facts to fit your innocence fraud agenda.

People are not stupid. They know when they are reading flannel.

Old 20th March 2017, 05:27 PM   #2210
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

LOL You, LoJo and Stacyhs all know for sure 'It was Rudy who did absolutely everything'.

Don't tell me, even Latella is in on the Great Conspiracy to Frame the Kids.

See my earlier post. I'm going to ask you again*: stop misrepresenting/distorting my position, Vixen. OK?

* Though I've made this request several times before within this thread now. It's called common decency and basic honesty, I suppose
Old 20th March 2017, 05:27 PM   #2211
Vixen
Philosopher

Don't tell me, you have a degree in the topic.

Old 20th March 2017, 05:28 PM   #2212
Vixen
Philosopher

See my earlier post. I'm going to ask you again*: stop misrepresenting/distorting my position, Vixen. OK?

* Though I've made this request several times before within this thread now. It's called common decency and basic honesty, I suppose
Oh right. 'Don't do as I do, do as I say'.

We get it.

Old 20th March 2017, 05:30 PM   #2213
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Do have a read of expert Latella, old chap. He makes it clear that on the contrary, the signal to Raff's appartment was very strong.

Don't refer to me as "old chap" again. OK?

And DO point me to the section where Latella (the prosecution expert....) "makes it clear that the signal to within Raff's Sollecito's apartment was very strong".

Otherwise I refuse to believe your claim. OK?
Old 20th March 2017, 05:31 PM   #2214
Vixen
Philosopher

It's utterly pitiful. Most arguments are not borne of the sheer chutzpah (or the level of intellectual dishonesty) to come out on the offensive in arguments when they are not underpinned by any understanding whatsoever of the topic being discussed/debated....
Let me know which part of Latella's testimony you consider 'intellectually dishonest'

All you have is the logical fallacy of ad hominem.

Can't dispute the evidence - so make personal attacks instead.

Old 20th March 2017, 05:32 PM   #2215
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Oh right. 'Don't do as I do, do as I say'.

We get it.

No. Not "Don't do as I do, do as I say", Vixen.

Rather: "Stop misrepresenting/distorting my position or argument", Vixen

Can you see the difference between the two?

(How ironic - and nasty - it is that even your attempt to rebut this point was itself an attempt at misrepresentation...........)
Old 20th March 2017, 05:33 PM   #2216
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Let me know which part of Latella's testimony you consider 'intellectually dishonest'

All you have is the logical fallacy of ad hominem.

Can't dispute the evidence - so make personal attacks instead.

Uhhhhhhhh........what??
Old 20th March 2017, 05:35 PM   #2217
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Please do read Letterio Latalla's testimony for yourself, and let us know which parts you disagree with.

It is not something that is unguessable or unfathomable. There are precise scientific instruments that can measure and monitor calls.
You simply don't know what you're talking about. As usual.

I read her testimony as well as Dr. Pellero's. It doesn't change the simple fact that a phone DOES NOT HAVE to be turned off to not be in communication to the network. And from the network's perspective they are the same thing.
Old 20th March 2017, 05:38 PM   #2218
Vixen
Philosopher

Don't refer to me as "old chap" again. OK?

And DO point me to the section where Latella (the prosecution expert....) "makes it clear that the signal to within Raff's Sollecito's apartment was very strong".

Otherwise I refuse to believe your claim. OK?
Haven't done your homework, then? You just made up some drivel about 'parts of Raff's apartment were sheilded from phone signals and that's why it looks like he had his phone off'.

Latella establishes (a) Raff turned off his phone and it then remained in the same position he left it until he turned it back on. and (b) that the signals to Raff's apartment were powerful.

Who should we believe, you or the expert?

Quote:
But usually near the home of Sollecito arrive with a very powerful signal as well, as we saw the cell of Via Berardi, two other cells, we have also seen from the analysis of the printout that normally urge him in the evenings when it is received on other days, not in that because the phone is idle, but the previous evening he gets up late and calls are handled by that cell of Via Berardi, so there is no reason that that cell that night does not deliver the message, to unless the phone had some problems, just off or broke, whatever.

We have also verified that there was some problem in the cell or cells that served that area because to fetch, say capture, always on the orders of the Magistrate, acquire printouts of individual utilities have also gained global traffic cell. That is, all cells that covered the territories and interesting places we asked the manager what were those cells and asked the traffic of those cells, by all night. We have seen that the cell of Via Benardi functioned normally because many phones have carried engaging conversations to that cell, that like the others that served that area, so the network was working properly. In the days before the quell'abitazione that cell signal came, the blackout there was only one short night, so technically there we explain it except with probably one of the phone on or off.

Who is 'intellectually dishonest'?

Last edited by Vixen; 20th March 2017 at 05:40 PM.
Old 20th March 2017, 05:40 PM   #2219
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

You simply don't know what you're talking about. As usual.

I read her testimony as well as Dr. Pellero's. It doesn't change the simple fact that a phone DOES NOT HAVE to be turned off to not be in communication to the network. And from the network's perspective they are the same thing.

It's a well-worn tactic used within intellectually-dishonest "arguments" to point at nebulous, extremely lengthy pieces of writing (if they're in a foreign language, so much the better!), and claiming: "all the evidence to support my case is in that link! There ya go! Case closed!".

Honest arguments source/reference supporting evidence with links to precise passages which clearly tend to support the claim. But of course that's not what we're dealing with here.........
Old 20th March 2017, 05:42 PM   #2220
bagels
Graduate Poster

Evidence isn't about statistics and pattern matching. If it was everyone that breathed oxygen would be guilty of murder (since all murderers breathe oxygen).

AK and RS turning off their phones at a time that appears to roughly correspond to the alleged timespan of the crime isn't a relevant piece of evidence by itself in the void. Anglolawyer used to give a good example of interpreting evidence. He reasoned that evidence is like radiation left over by the actual process of actually committing the crime.

It's easier to just quote him:

Originally Posted by anglolawyer
circumstantial evidence ... should all point to just one thing. Only one thing that actually happened. The Thing That Actually Happened gave off evidence like radiation and the sensors detecting it should be able to describe its path through space time accurately.
The cell phones being switched off means nothing in and of itself. It has to be part of a broader scope of the crime. It would have to connect with a theory of pre-meditation. Otherwise they are retroactively turning off their cell phone after a spontaneous decision to commit a crime, violating the laws of causality.

Originally Posted by anglolawyer
What we have instead is a mėlange of inconsistent and irreconcilable junk that cannot be made to fit no matter how hard you try. That there are many out there, including Italian judges, willing to make fools of themselves in the attempt doesn't alter the fact.
Constructing a premeditation theory of the crime doesn't work, because AK and RS had existing plans that were only cancelled at the last moment, and had no means of coordinating with Rudy whom they did not know nor know if he would even be available that night or when. This is why the prosecution and courts never described a premeditated event. Working the phones into the surrounding circumstantial evidence takes you on a jumbled path that leads nowhere. Of course, the police originally conceived of a premeditated crime due to their suspect Patrick and his communication and agreed meeting with Amanda, but Patrick being removed from the picture killed that theory and really should have killed AKs involvement along with Patrick's... (but I digress).

I used to think the PGP were just bad at understanding how evidence works and relying on simple pattern matching (the flawed reasoning that if other cases have X, and this case has X, then this case is like other cases). But I came to realize it's not necessarily the case. They already know Amanda is guilty as a starting axiom. The evidence is simply splattered at random post-hoc.
bagels is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 05:42 PM   #2221
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

You didn’t read Dr. Pellero's testimony obviously. Latella did not test inside Raffaele's apartment. She only tested from outside. Dr Pellero testified after testing from the inside of Raffaele's apartment that there were dead spots in the apartment where the network signal could not be seen.

Last edited by acbytesla; 20th March 2017 at 05:47 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 05:46 PM   #2222
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Haven't done your homework, then? You just made up some drivel about 'parts of Raff's apartment were sheilded from phone signals and that's why it looks like he had his phone off'.

Latella establishes (a) Raff turned off his phone and it then remained in the same position he left it until he turned it back on. and (b) that the signals to Raff's apartment were powerful.

Who should we believe, you or the expert?

Who is 'intellectually dishonest'?

Ahhhh I see the issue, Vixen.

Y'see, you've neglected to notice that words 2, 3 and 4 of your linked text are these. I'll write them in the sort of large text you seem to enjoy these days:

NEAR THE HOME (of Sollecito)

Can you perhaps immediately see the problem here, Vixen? I'm guessing that you can't (though I'm unsurprised at that). So shall I point it out to you? The problem, Vixen, is that the prosecution "expert" based her analysis entirely on signal readings taken outside of Sollecito's apartment. She never even entered Sollecito's apartment at all (as indeed she could easily have done), in order to take the only signal measurements that actually mattered in this case: the signal strength and quality at various places within Sollecito's apartment. Without that information, her report is virtually worthless as any attempt to evaluate the likelihood of Sollecito's handset falling out of network coverage from within his apartment on the evening/night of the murder.

Oh, in answer to your closing question: it's not me
Old 20th March 2017, 05:47 PM   #2223
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

You didn’t read Dr. Pellero's testimony obviously. Latella did not test inside Raffaele's apartment. She only tested from outside. Dr Pellero testified that there were dead spots in the apartment where the network signal could not be seen.

Exactly. Unfortunately, Vixen appears to have been too ignorant of this subject to have even realised this..........
Old 20th March 2017, 05:49 PM   #2224
Vixen
Philosopher

Originally Posted by bagels View Post
Evidence isn't about statistics and pattern matching. If it was everyone that breathed oxygen would be guilty of murder (since all murderers breathe oxygen).

AK and RS turning off their phones at a time that appears to roughly correspond to the alleged timespan of the crime isn't a relevant piece of evidence by itself in the void. Anglolawyer used to give a good example of interpreting evidence. He reasoned that evidence is like radiation left over by the actual process of actually committing the crime.

It's easier to just quote him:

The cell phones being switched off means nothing in and of itself. It has to be part of a broader scope of the crime. It would have to connect with a theory of pre-meditation. Otherwise they are retroactively turning off their cell phone after a spontaneous decision to commit a crime, violating the laws of causality.

Constructing a premeditation theory of the crime doesn't work, because AK and RS had existing plans that were only cancelled at the last moment, and had no means of coordinating with Rudy whom they did not know nor know if he would even be available that night or when. This is why the prosecution and courts never described a premeditated event. Working the phones into the surrounding circumstantial evidence takes you on a jumbled path that leads nowhere. Of course, the police originally conceived of a premeditated crime due to their suspect Patrick and his communication and agreed meeting with Amanda, but Patrick being removed from the picture killed that theory and really should have killed AKs involvement along with Patrick's... (but I digress).

I used to think the PGP were just bad at understanding how evidence works and relying on simple pattern matching (the flawed reasoning that if other cases have X, and this case has X, then this case is like other cases). But I came to realize it's not necessarily the case. They already know Amanda is guilty as a starting axiom. The evidence is simply splattered at random post-hoc.
Amanda thinking that Mez had 'stolen' her job, might have been the last straw: Mez was popular with a large circle of friends. Amanda was reduced to watching Mez get up late and then go straight back out. Having taken on Mez at the bar, Patrick now rings up Amanda to tell her not to come in. (He claims he was about to fire her.)

Rachel Wade fetched a kitchen knife to kill her school mate, so it is not something that is particularly unusual (see: Costas/Protti, De Nardo, Erin Caffey).

Ultimately, the coldly objective merits courts found the pair guilty of aggravated murder, as charged, together with Rudy.

It is a common consensus that the verdict was only annulled because of political reasons.

Last edited by Vixen; 20th March 2017 at 05:50 PM.
Old 20th March 2017, 05:51 PM   #2225
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

"It is a common consensus"

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Old 20th March 2017, 05:52 PM   #2226
Vixen
Philosopher

You didn’t read Dr. Pellero's testimony obviously. Latella did not test inside Raffaele's apartment. She only tested from outside. Dr Pellero testified after testing from the inside of Raffaele's apartment that there were dead spots in the apartment where the network signal could not be seen.
Ah, riiiight. That's what it must be. D'oh! _NOT!

Old 20th March 2017, 05:54 PM   #2227
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Don't tell me, you have a degree in the topic.
We already had that conversation, did you forget? Conveniently?

Yes, it happens that I do, same as the last time you asked. No, it has not changed since the last time you asked. No, it will not change no matter how many times you ask.

Yes, I have a string of letters after my name, awarded on merit by the institute. You don't. You clearly have no clue how cell networks actually work, you are unable to tell a HF antenna from a cell mast, you think that cell masts spin, and so on.

As an accredited professional in that arena, such claims are trivially baloney.
Old 20th March 2017, 05:58 PM   #2228
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Ah, riiiight. That's what it must be. D'oh! _NOT!

Person A: Liverpool FC's home shirt is yellow.

Person B: No it's not, it's red.

Person A (scoffing): Nonsense. Here's the evidence to prove I'm correct.

(Person A provides photo of Liverpool FC players wearing yellow shirts, captioned "Arsenal playing at home against Liverpool, 2016/17 season")

Person B: Oh dear. What you've done there is provide a photo showing Liverpool's away shirt. Liverpool's home shirt is red, as shown by this photo.

(Person B provides photo of Liverpool FC players wearing red shirts, captioned "Liverpool playing at home against Burnley, 2016-17 season")

Person A: Ah, riiiight. That's what it must be. D'oh! _NOT!

Old 20th March 2017, 06:01 PM   #2229
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Exactly. Unfortunately, Vixen appears to have been too ignorant of this subject to have even realised this..........
I just love when Vixen makes authoritive ABSOLUTE statements that she doesn't have a damn clue about.

I think it irrelevant that they may have turned off their phones at night and turned them on in the morning. To Vixen this shows a nefarious plot of premeditation and dismissing all the other very likely reasons why they MAY have turned their phones off.

Reasons for turning off your phone.
1. Saving the battery
2. Habit
3. Not wanting to be called into work. (They can't reach you, they can't ask you.)
4. Don't want to be interrupted between callouts to the almighty.

I'm sure that there are others instead of I'm in the middle of a murder and I don't want to be disturbed.

Last edited by acbytesla; 20th March 2017 at 06:05 PM.
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 06:02 PM   #2230
Chris_Halkides
Philosopher

diagnostic testing and the problems of false negatives and false positives

Originally Posted by Chris_Halkides View Post
There is a new entry about presumptive and confirmatory testing in the forensic sciences up. It's an introduction to some of the issues in this general area, and the Knox/Sollecito case is mentioned. The Forensics Forum is organized by Professor Brandon Garrett (U. Virginia), author of the book Convicting the Innocent.
BTW I wrote the article above, and I am grateful to commenters here for a number of insights. The use of presumptive and confirmatory testing is probably much common in the case of identifying people with a medical condition of some sort. Here is a quote that is pertinent to the present case: "Lalkhen and McCluskey further state, 'Although the ideal (but unrealistic) situation is for a 100% accurate test, a good alternative is to subject patients who are initially positive to a test with high sensitivity/low specificity, to a second test with low sensitivity/high specificity. In this way, nearly all of the false positives may be correctly identified as disease negative.'"

EDT
This may help to explain why one follows TMB with a confirmatory test that doesn't have the false positives that TMB does. And luminol? Don't get me started on luminol.

Last edited by Chris_Halkides; 20th March 2017 at 06:18 PM.
Chris_Halkides is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 06:03 PM   #2231
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Weirdly, Vixen is now trying to assert that this time around the block that I am somehow claim a different degree on top of my previous claim for reasons that I cannot fathom. The degree is the same, hasn't changed. Why Vixen is throwing that out is...odd.
Old 20th March 2017, 06:03 PM   #2232
TruthCalls
Critical Thinker

The merits and the appeal court upheld that Amanda killed Mez, based on all the evidence heard before it.

Marasca, despite anulling the convictions, did not at any point say the pair were innocent.

Indeed it makes it clear: Amanda (and almost certainly, therefore, Raff) was at the scene of the murder .

The most recent judgment of the Florence Appeal Court, 22 Jan 2017, of Masi-Martuscelli in dismissing Raff's compensation claim, underlines it again:

Florence 22 January 2017
Presiding Judge
Dr. Silvia Martuscelli
Reporting Judge
Dr. Paola MASI
Filed with Registry [the clerk of court] 10 February 2017
Antonio Bossa
Clerk

So what was Amanda doing at the murder scene with Rudy and why did she not report it, but indeed denied it and did cover up for Rudy, it was found by the court?

You cannot answer this question can you?
Holy mother of God.. Vixen, have you completely lost your mind? I point out three lies you made in a desperate effort to fabricate a motive and you respond with this? I'll take this as an admission of your lying.

Oh, and BTW, you do know that as it pertains to the murder of Meredith Kercher, the findings of the Massei and Nencini courts are just as relevant at this point as the Hellmann court. For someone who can't stop repeating that Hellmann was annulled, you sure do seem to have a very difficult time understanding Massei and Nencini met the same fate.
TruthCalls is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th March 2017, 06:03 PM   #2233
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

We already had that conversation, did you forget? Conveniently?

Yes, it happens that I do, same as the last time you asked. No, it has not changed since the last time you asked. No, it will not change no matter how many times you ask.

Yes, I have a string of letters after my name, awarded on merit by the institute. You don't. You clearly have no clue how cell networks actually work, you are unable to tell a HF antenna from a cell mast, you think that cell masts spin, and so on.

As an accredited professional in that arena, such claims are trivially baloney.
That was funny.
Old 20th March 2017, 06:07 PM   #2234
Vixen
Philosopher

Person A: Liverpool FC's home shirt is yellow.

Person B: No it's not, it's red.

Person A (scoffing): Nonsense. Here's the evidence to prove I'm correct.

(Person A provides photo of Liverpool FC players wearing yellow shirts, captioned "Arsenal playing at home against Liverpool, 2016/17 season")

Person B: Oh dear. What you've done there is provide a photo showing Liverpool's away shirt. Liverpool's home shirt is red, as shown by this photo.

(Person B provides photo of Liverpool FC players wearing red shirts, captioned "Liverpool playing at home against Burnley, 2016-17 season")

Person A: Ah, riiiight. That's what it must be. D'oh! _NOT!

Poor analogy.

A better one is:

Quote:
"VIXEN: (yelling and hitting the cage repeatedly) 'ELLO POLLY!!!!! Testing! Testing! Testing! Testing! This is your nine o'clock alarm call!

(Takes parrot out of the cage and thumps its head on the counter. Throws it up in the air and watches it plummet to the floor.)

VIXEN: Now that's what I call a dead parrot.

LONDON JOHN: No, no.....No, 'e's stunned!

VIXEN: STUNNED?!?

LONDON JOHN: Yeah! You stunned him, just as he was wakin' up! Norwegian Blues stun easily, major.

VIXEN: Um...now look...now look, mate, I've definitely 'ad enough of this. That parrot is definitely deceased, and when I purchased it not 'alf an hour ago, you assured me that its total lack of movement was due to it bein' tired and shagged out following a prolonged squawk.

LONDON JOHN: Well, he's...he's, ah...probably pining for the fjords.

VIXEN: PININ' for the FJORDS?!?!?!? What kind of talk is that?, look, why did he fall flat on his back the moment I got 'im home?

LONDON JOHN: The Norwegian Blue prefers keepin' on it's back! Remarkable bird, id'nit, squire? Lovely plumage!"
With apologies to Monty Python, http://montypython.50webs.com/scripts/Series_1/53.htm

Last edited by Vixen; 20th March 2017 at 06:08 PM.
Old 20th March 2017, 06:07 PM   #2235
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

That was funny.
I admit, it was a pretty spectacularly strange claim. I can tell by eye what freq a given antenna is tuned to simply by dint of experience. Our proponent has no clue why that matters.
Old 20th March 2017, 06:09 PM   #2236
Vixen
Philosopher

I just love when Vixen makes authoritive ABSOLUTE statements that she doesn't have a damn clue about.

I think it irrelevant that they may have turned off their phones at night and turned them on in the morning. To Vixen this shows a nefarious plot of premeditation and dismissing all the other very likely reasons why they MAY have turned their phones off.

Reasons for turning off your phone.
1. Saving the battery
2. Habit
3. Not wanting to be called into work. (They can't reach you, they can't ask you.)
4. Don't want to be interrupted between callouts to the almighty.

I'm sure that there are others instead of I'm in the middle of a murder and I don't want to be disturbed.

It is a surprisingly common thing for criminals to do (cf Jody Arias).

Read what the experts have to say.

Old 20th March 2017, 06:11 PM   #2237
Vixen
Philosopher

I admit, it was a pretty spectacularly strange claim. I can tell by eye what freq a given antenna is tuned to simply by dint of experience. Our proponent has no clue why that matters.
You are not the only telecommunications expert in the village.

Old 20th March 2017, 06:23 PM   #2238
LondonJohn
Penultimate Amazing

Poor analogy.

A better one is:

With apologies to Monty Python, http://montypython.50webs.com/scripts/Series_1/53.htm

It's ironic just how ironic this is..........
Old 20th March 2017, 06:26 PM   #2239
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

I can't say I've dealt with high frequency communications. I knew what it wasn't. I just remember the image. I've sold cellular and microwave equipment, but never HF. I don't have a degree in communications, I've only sat through countless training seminars so I could sell the equipment to engineers.
Old 20th March 2017, 06:27 PM   #2240
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

You are not the only telecommunications expert in the village.
And you're not one at all.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Trials and Errors