ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Coronavirus , diseases

Reply
Old 9th April 2020, 04:53 PM   #241
Dr.Sid
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Olomouc, Czech Republic
Posts: 2,697
Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
A few years ago I went back to college. One of the things we learned in Environmental Science was we could expect more pandemics as animal viruses make the jump to humans. Predicting a pandemic is like predicting earthquakes in California, Japan, or Indonesia. There's a 50/50 chance of being right any day of the week.
If it was true, the governements all over the world would be ready. But they are not !? So it must be an act of GOD !
Dr.Sid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th April 2020, 05:31 PM   #242
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing
 
Trebuchet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Port Townsend, Washington
Posts: 26,983
When I checked Worldometer earlier today the number of new deaths in the USA ended in 666! Coincidence? What do YOU think, Sheeple!
Oh, and don't forget the epicenter is (((NYC)))!
__________________
Cum catapultae proscribeantur tum soli proscripti catapultas habeant.
Trebuchet is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2020, 12:10 AM   #243
PartSkeptic
Illuminator
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,336
A Harvard study links air pollution to bad covid-19 outcomes.

Guess what is also likely to coexist with air pollution?

Cell phone microwave electrosmog. Some defenders of Telcos will say that there are studies linking air pollution to illness, and I will say that there are studies linking electrosmog to illness - choose who you decide to believe. It is like the early days of the climate change debate.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hs...9-death-rates/

People with COVID-19 who live in U.S. regions with high levels of air pollution are more likely to die from the disease than people who live in less polluted areas, according to a new nationwide study from Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2020, 12:24 AM   #244
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 12,030
Well let's see.

Air pollution damages lungs, and Covid-19 affects lungs, so people whose lungs are already damaged by air pollution will be more likely to die from Covid-19.

vs

Cell phone electromagnetic radiation has no effect whatsoever on lungs, and Covid-19 affects lungs, so people whose lungs are not damaged by cell phone electromagnetic radiation will be more likely to die from Covid-19.

It's a tough one.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett

Last edited by Pixel42; 10th April 2020 at 12:28 AM.
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2020, 03:44 AM   #245
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 3,333
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Give it time. Predictions are not precise. Is it not enough to know that:

1) God is allowing this to happen so as to stop the destruction of the planet.

2) That the world will become more spiritual

3) That one pandemic is not enough, and there will be more, together with massive collateral damage

4) The start is upon us and despite some respites now and then, it will continue to wreak havoc.

5) Science will finally be forced to recognize the damage electro-smog does.

You do know I am not trying to convince anyone on this forum. I post here to get feedback. It is part of the way God works. The messages are subtle and must be filtered out of the background noise.

I get no pleasure as a doom-sayer. The opposite. Life for me and others is most unpleasant. Our hope it that a better world emerges.
Just for the sake of clarity:
Do you support or oppose attempts to fight the coronavirus?
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2020, 06:36 AM   #246
Azrael 5
Philosopher
 
Azrael 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,966
ANyone know why Bill Gates is suddenly the boogey man for all things vaccine and NWO and pops up in Corona virus and 5G kook threads?
__________________
"I achieve these results through a mixture of magic,misdirection,suggestion and showmanship"-Derren Brown
Azrael 5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2020, 07:04 AM   #247
Dr.Sid
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Olomouc, Czech Republic
Posts: 2,697
Originally Posted by Azrael 5 View Post
ANyone know why Bill Gates is suddenly the boogey man for all things vaccine and NWO and pops up in Corona virus and 5G kook threads?
Why not ? He's rich, well known, frequent in media, promotes scientific approach. Also he's smart. You can't really suspect Trump is head of secret order. But what about Bill Gates ?
Dr.Sid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2020, 07:38 AM   #248
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 12,030
More specifically his foundation has been a major funder of development of vaccines for the world's biggest killer diseases, so naturally he's the devil incarnate to the wilfully ignorant.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2020, 08:58 AM   #249
Mader Levap
Muse
 
Mader Levap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 753
This is standard practice for majority or rich and well known people.

First they accrue riches on back of people and decades of abuse of various kind (in case of Microsoft things like monopolistic practices and making terrible, unsafe crap ridden with holes that everyone uses anyway).

Then when they are getting old, very rich and start worrying about image of them left to next generation, they setup some charities for PR purposes. Do they really think it will make up for decades of corporate cronyism? I guess it works, judging by uncritical reception here.

This is what robber barons of old did and this is what current bunch of moguls do. And everyone laps it up.

What a joke.

Only exception known to me is Elon Musk. He will not need to setup any charities to buttress his conscience.
__________________
Sanity is overrated. / Trump lie, people die.
Mader Levap is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2020, 09:04 AM   #250
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,677
Originally Posted by Mader Levap View Post
This is standard practice for majority or rich and well known people.

First they accrue riches on back of people and decades of abuse of various kind (in case of Microsoft things like monopolistic practices and making terrible, unsafe crap ridden with holes that everyone uses anyway).

Then when they are getting old, very rich and start worrying about image of them left to next generation, they setup some charities for PR purposes. Do they really think it will make up for decades of corporate cronyism? I guess it works, judging by uncritical reception here.

This is what robber barons of old did and this is what current bunch of moguls do. And everyone laps it up.

What a joke.

Only exception known to me is Elon Musk. He will not need to setup any charities to buttress his conscience.
Alfred Nobel showed the way

As for the 5G nonsense, if that were true it would open up SO much in the fields of medicine and biochemistry. I mean it would make Pasteur's contribution seem like nothing. We'd be able to fight and destroy any infection and any tumor with impunity.

Care to explain why we don't?
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2020, 10:11 AM   #251
dann
Penultimate Amazing
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 10,699
Originally Posted by Azrael 5 View Post
ANyone know why Bill Gates is suddenly the boogey man for all things vaccine and NWO and pops up in Corona virus and 5G kook threads?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
__________________
/dann
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2020, 02:54 PM   #252
Azrael 5
Philosopher
 
Azrael 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 5,966
Originally Posted by Azrael 5 View Post
ANyone wanting to lose their mind for a while and get very annoyed posibly?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Stop...epa=SEARCH_BOX
Good news Facebook has taken this site down,apparently Youtube are also removing content spreading misinfo about Coronavirus,David Icke videos etc.Much to the chagrin of kooks.
__________________
"I achieve these results through a mixture of magic,misdirection,suggestion and showmanship"-Derren Brown
Azrael 5 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th April 2020, 11:41 PM   #253
PartSkeptic
Illuminator
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,336
Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Just for the sake of clarity:
Do you support or oppose attempts to fight the coronavirus?
I support the attempts to fight the virus. Survival of the fittest and the smartest.

Strangely the death rate in times of recession drops. This has been attributed to many factors. One is that there are less people on the road. Another is that people are less stressed without a job - the pressures of work are quite bad.

This means that the death rate must climb drastically to reduce the population.

Science has predicted that our current population is unsustainable. Okay. Apart from more waves of viral infection, what else is going to limit the population?
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2020, 12:51 AM   #254
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 12,030
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
Science has predicted that our current population is unsustainable. Okay. Apart from more waves of viral infection, what else is going to limit the population?
Birth control, driven by the education of women. The fertility rate has already dropped in developed countries (in many cases to below the replacement rate), and increasing education and empowerment of women in the rest will soon do the same there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projec...owth#Fertility

Quote:
From 2015 to 2020, the average world fertility rate was 2.5 children per woman,[5] about half the level in 1950–1955 (5 children per woman). In the medium variant, global fertility is projected to decline further to 2.2 in 2045 to 2050 and to 1.9 in 2095–2100.[5]
The consequences are inevitable:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Projec...ulation_growth

Quote:
The 2019 forecast from the United Nation’s Population Division shows that world population growth peaked at 2.1% per year in 1962, has since dropped to 1.0%, and could drop even further to 0.1% by 2100, a growth rate not seen since pre-industrial revolution days.[1]

Based on this, the UN Population Division expects world population, currently (2020) at 7.8 billion, to level out at or soon after the end of the 21st Century at 10.9 billion (the median line).[2]
The current pandemic will hardly make a dent in these figures. Climate change might make a bigger one, though.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2020, 03:00 AM   #255
JesseCuster
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,102
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
A Harvard study links air pollution to bad covid-19 outcomes.

Guess what is also likely to coexist with air pollution?

Cell phone microwave electrosmog. Some defenders of Telcos will say that there are studies linking air pollution to illness, and I will say that there are studies linking electrosmog to illness - choose who you decide to believe. It is like the early days of the climate change debate.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/hs...9-death-rates/

People with COVID-19 who live in U.S. regions with high levels of air pollution are more likely to die from the disease than people who live in less polluted areas, according to a new nationwide study from Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health.
You're using a study that links higher mortality from COVID--19 with air pollution, in order to make a case that higher mortality from COVID-19 isn't caused by air pollution? Wat?

That's certainly an interesting take on scientific reasoning...
JesseCuster is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2020, 03:22 PM   #256
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing
 
Captain_Swoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 25,250
This pandemic really has forced a lot of people to demonstrate that they're not 'lovable conspiracy idiots', but genuinely dangerous ********.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2020, 03:46 PM   #257
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 20,264
Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
This pandemic really has forced a lot of people to demonstrate that they're not 'lovable conspiracy idiots', but genuinely dangerous ********.
Yup. Our protagonist is actually enjoying the death rate.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2020, 04:25 PM   #258
beachnut
Penultimate Amazing
 
beachnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dog House
Posts: 25,642
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I support the attempts to fight the virus. Survival of the fittest and the smartest. ...
On noes, only you and trump will be left...

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
... Strangely the death rate in times of recession drops. This has been attributed to many factors. One is that there are less people on the road. Another is that people are less stressed without a job - the pressures of work are quite bad. ...
Too bad this is not a standard regression, it is a Pandemic. Less stress? lol, Pandemic.

Yes, the Motor-Vehicle deaths go down, that is true. Darn, suicides don't slow down, darn you almost had something. Heart deaths fall, but wait till we get out of the house, then the attack is back. COVID will take up the slack, and kill more than motor-vehicles. With 1,000 deaths a day, the virus is taking up the slack, and this is a pandemic, not a recession. Thus, death by virus continues, suicides don't usually go down : Say Pandemic - or if you wish, a Pandemic recession.

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
... This means that the death rate must climb drastically to reduce the population. ...
Drive faster? What?

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
... Science has predicted that our current population is unsustainable. Okay. Apart from more waves of viral infection, what else is going to limit the population?
People who are crazy, like the Hale Bopp Comet cult?
__________________
"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" - Albert Einstein
"... education as the means of developing our greatest abilities" - JFK
https://folding.stanford.edu/ fold with your computer - join team 13232
beachnut is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2020, 04:40 PM   #259
novaphile
Quester of Doglets
Moderator
 
novaphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sunny South Australia
Posts: 2,757
Originally Posted by Sherkeu View Post
Exactly what I thought. Except the bats they study are in a different province of China--to the South --hours away. They take samples and bring them back. I thought it was just the blood/dna but perhaps the live specimens as well. The market though was only ~350 meters away from the Wuhan lab.

There is more but I'll wait for more info. Patient zero may have been a researcher there. Or the bats may have been sold after studies were done. It is just so coincidental for a country so large to have happened in the same place.
After they took all the samples they wanted, a janitor sold the diseased/euthanised bats at the market?
__________________
We would be better, and braver, to engage in enquiry, rather than indulge in the idle fancy, that we already know -- Plato.
novaphile is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 11th April 2020, 04:45 PM   #260
novaphile
Quester of Doglets
Moderator
 
novaphile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Sunny South Australia
Posts: 2,757
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
The prediction that the world will become more spiritual, whatever the hell that means, as a result of Covid-19 is an interesting one. A more scientifically literate, and prepared to listen to scientific advice, population is surely at least as likely. If only because the anti-vax, anti-science "spiritual" bunch are more likely to ignore that advice and end up dead.
Not to mention how viruses spread like wildfire through woo congregations (of all flavours of woo).
__________________
We would be better, and braver, to engage in enquiry, rather than indulge in the idle fancy, that we already know -- Plato.
novaphile is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2020, 08:29 AM   #261
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,677
Of course, if a loving and caring all powerful god wanted to reduce the population on a planet it made, it could also just make a few more and distribute the people there. And at the same time distribute the resources more equally?
And maybe just remove diseases altogether?
And put the planets closer together so the people could still communicate with each other?

And PartSkeptic you never answered my question, if you know that the radiation used in 5G can effect cells, why isn't it being used to cure diseases? If you know how that works all you need to do is perform the experiments (easy, as the frequencies can be made using household appliances) and start the actual work. Nobel prize city right there.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2020, 09:00 AM   #262
zooterkin
Nitpicking dilettante
Administrator
 
zooterkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Berkshire, mostly
Posts: 45,297
Latest CT on Facebook, Boris was faking his symptoms for political gain. https://dorseteye.com/was-boris-john...tion-contrived
__________________
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.Bertrand Russell
Zooterkin is correct Darat
Nerd! Hokulele
Join the JREF Folders ! Team 13232
Ezekiel 23:20

Last edited by zooterkin; 12th April 2020 at 09:57 AM.
zooterkin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2020, 09:26 AM   #263
Sherkeu
Graduate Poster
 
Sherkeu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Disneyland
Posts: 1,440
Originally Posted by novaphile View Post
After they took all the samples they wanted, a janitor sold the diseased/euthanised bats at the market?
Actually, it doesnt even need to come from the bats directly. If the lab in Wuhan was injecting these bat viruses into other animals to see what happens (previous reports said it was piglets they were using, but why not pangolins too?), the wet market may be a place to get those rarer animals from dealers instead of traveling hundreds of miles to catch them in the wild themselves.

Any infected researcher going to buy animals to test would carry it direct to that market. No 'market' bats are necessary.

This is pure conjecture and we'll likely never know how it truly started. But there are many ways that it gets out of that lab and over to the market.

*I had previously said it was 350m away but it seems the main lab was actually about 20 miles away from the market...still a very short distance compared to the whole country)
Sherkeu is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2020, 11:52 AM   #264
Dash80
Rave on, Not Fade Away
 
Dash80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,187
I should know better but still these kinds of crackpot theories every time something happens still surprise me. That people can be that idiotic.
__________________
I see that the No-Planers still travel Air Elastic-Band with their fleet of innovative rubber Boeings.
Dash80 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2020, 10:53 PM   #265
PartSkeptic
Illuminator
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,336
Originally Posted by Lukraak_Sisser View Post
Of course, if a loving and caring all powerful god wanted to reduce the population on a planet it made, it could also just make a few more and distribute the people there. And at the same time distribute the resources more equally?
And maybe just remove diseases altogether?
And put the planets closer together so the people could still communicate with each other?

And PartSkeptic you never answered my question, if you know that the radiation used in 5G can effect cells, why isn't it being used to cure diseases? If you know how that works all you need to do is perform the experiments (easy, as the frequencies can be made using household appliances) and start the actual work. Nobel prize city right there.
God is part of the illusion in the dream of the only entity that truly exists - an almost infinite intelligence with no space or time. God has to obey the rules set out. He cannot reveal himself and he cannot make life easier. The infinite intelligence tried that (the Garden of Eden) and found that to be too boring. As Buddha discovered, life is suffering - and then you die. But all is not lost - there is re-incarnation of our souls for some of us. Makes the dream much more interesting.

It is not only 5G but all EMFs. There are Israelis working on using microwave for healing. But it is basically radiation which works by altering cells. Some alterations to a poorly functioning cell may be helpful but it is best not to mess with the cells by disturbing their natural function. Targeted cancer radiation is a last resort.

A big part of the problem is that the pulsations are a key factor. There are also additive effects which are very random. It is very hard to control the various factors. It is even harder (impossible I would say) to experiment on humans en masse to get results by varying all the parameters in a meaningful way.

In vitro experiments are limited by duration, frequency, modulation, reflections and the type of cell. Animal experiments are limited to effects that can be measured such as cancer - not autism, brain function and dysfunction. Brain size is a factor because of the wavelengths.
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th April 2020, 11:03 PM   #266
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,677
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
God is part of the illusion in the dream of the only entity that truly exists - an almost infinite intelligence with no space or time. God has to obey the rules set out. He cannot reveal himself and he cannot make life easier. The infinite intelligence tried that (the Garden of Eden) and found that to be too boring. As Buddha discovered, life is suffering - and then you die. But all is not lost - there is re-incarnation of our souls for some of us. Makes the dream much more interesting.

It is not only 5G but all EMFs. There are Israelis working on using microwave for healing. But it is basically radiation which works by altering cells. Some alterations to a poorly functioning cell may be helpful but it is best not to mess with the cells by disturbing their natural function. Targeted cancer radiation is a last resort.

A big part of the problem is that the pulsations are a key factor. There are also additive effects which are very random. It is very hard to control the various factors. It is even harder (impossible I would say) to experiment on humans en masse to get results by varying all the parameters in a meaningful way.

In vitro experiments are limited by duration, frequency, modulation, reflections and the type of cell. Animal experiments are limited to effects that can be measured such as cancer - not autism, brain function and dysfunction. Brain size is a factor because of the wavelengths.
Interesting, I've got a degree in genetics and all the problems you mentioned are also present in using UV radiation and/or radioactivity to alter cells, but those methods are functional and extremely tried and tested.
In fact I've used them routinely when I still worked in that field.
Yet here you claim that for microwaves this suddenly becomes an obstacle.

The real reason that it's an obstacle is of course that microwaves cannot alter cells except by cooking them if you truly overdo the energy you put in, but as others have pointed out, sunlight contains more energy than all 'electrosmog' combined.

As per usual with all pseudoscience, it's proponents refuse to look at the implications of their ideas and make up things when challenged.
If the idea would be right, going outside would be suicide, but then again, so would staying inside due to the radiowaves of the sun. And all those who worked on early radar would have been dead in seconds.

As for your other handwave, if your god cannot save this world by interacting with it due to 'rules', then clearly it's also not talking to you, as that would break the rules, and also not responsible for this particular virus, as that would also break the rules. You can't have it both ways.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2020, 04:27 AM   #267
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator
 
Cosmic Yak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Posts: 3,333
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I support the attempts to fight the virus. Survival of the fittest and the smartest.
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
In the last year I have had my right knee replaced (the left one was done), gastroscopy and colonoscopy (all clear), a brain MRI, and extensive blood tests. They all show no deviation from the norm.
......

I have been asking the doctor to prescribe twice the anti-fungals I need and have been been hoarding the excess to get me through at least 6 months. I have 3 liters colloidal silver water and some colloidal silver gel.
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I support the attempts to fight the virus. Survival of the fittest and the smartest.
Originally Posted by JesseCuster View Post
You're using a study that links higher mortality from COVID--19 with air pollution, in order to make a case that higher mortality from COVID-19 isn't caused by air pollution? Wat?

That's certainly an interesting take on scientific reasoning...
PartSkeptic, we're all in this together, and I sincerely wish you all the best, but you really should look at the overall implications of your posts.
__________________
Fortuna Faveat Fatuis
Cosmic Yak is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2020, 04:41 AM   #268
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing
 
Captain_Swoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 25,250
Eamonn Holmes now spreading 5G Coronavirus conspiracy theory on daytime TV.

If you’re wondering where your auntie is getting this nonsense from it’s not obscure internet conspiracy sites it’s mainstream daytime ITV.

Holmes suggested he believes that 5G may be to blame for Coronavirus and doesn't think you should listen to the "mainstream media" & "state narrative". It's a "legitimate concern and very easy to say it's not true because it suits the state's narrative".

Then Alison Hammond baked some banana bread.

Last edited by Captain_Swoop; 13th April 2020 at 04:50 AM.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2020, 04:51 AM   #269
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing
 
Captain_Swoop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 25,250
Imagine, presenting your own show on ITV and talking about “mainstream media”.
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2020, 04:59 AM   #270
RedStapler
Critical Thinker
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 323
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post

The smart ones will recognize the damage that electro-smog does, recognize that prayer works, reconize that my hypothesis is a good one.
No, that's what we call "gullible".
RedStapler is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2020, 05:03 AM   #271
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 12,030
I've had a pretty long life already, and my suggested course of action has worked out pretty well so far - eight years and counting.

In any case one cannot simply "get some belief". Either the case made is convincing or it isn't. Yours falls a long way short of convincing.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2020, 05:11 AM   #272
PartSkeptic
Illuminator
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,336
Originally Posted by Sherkeu View Post
Actually, it doesnt even need to come from the bats directly. If the lab in Wuhan was injecting these bat viruses into other animals to see what happens (previous reports said it was piglets they were using, but why not pangolins too?), the wet market may be a place to get those rarer animals from dealers instead of traveling hundreds of miles to catch them in the wild themselves.

Any infected researcher going to buy animals to test would carry it direct to that market. No 'market' bats are necessary.

This is pure conjecture and we'll likely never know how it truly started. But there are many ways that it gets out of that lab and over to the market.

*I had previously said it was 350m away but it seems the main lab was actually about 20 miles away from the market...still a very short distance compared to the whole country)
Does it make any difference how it got started? It has been known that many countries have bio-labs and we all know that mistakes can be made so a pathogen is released.

It has also been known for decades that animals are reservoirs of pathogens that co-exist with their host but can mutate and transfer to humans in a deadly form. Read the book "Pandemics Progress" that discusses the various concepts. Although it is a 1996 book the concepts are well explained. The mutation could have occurred in a number of countries including the USA. I do feel that the introduction of city-wide 5G MAY have aided in the mutation.

It is my experience that various pathogens transfer and our immune systems deal with them - until the mutation that escapes it. Our dogs got canine demodectic mites (mange), and I got it from them. I could see them breeding in my skin. But not for long. The human immune system kicks in and kills them. There are 26 different variants - for different species.
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2020, 05:19 AM   #273
PartSkeptic
Illuminator
 
PartSkeptic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: South Africa
Posts: 3,336
Originally Posted by Pixel42 View Post
I've had a pretty long life already, and my suggested course of action has worked out pretty well so far - eight years and counting.

In any case one cannot simply "get some belief". Either the case made is convincing or it isn't. Yours falls a long way short of convincing.
Even the believers need some form of proof rather than my personal anecdotes. I recognize that. So how will the message gain traction? If God wants it out there, then I can only surmise he has a plan.
__________________
**Agnostic theist. God/Satan/Angels/Demons may not exist - but I choose to think the probability is that they do. By personal experience.**
PartSkeptic is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2020, 05:39 AM   #274
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,677
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
The "science" shows that ROS is generated by cell phone microwaves. ROS does the damage, even doing as much as 80% of the damage when ionizing radiation is involved. It is standard science and logic - but feel free to cherry pick your those papers and studies that suit your beliefs. You are appealing to authority when you cite your credentials, but even brilliant people can be blind to what they could not be bothered to see.

The rules are against scientific proof. He can talk to me (or you or others) and give us information which hint at his existence. A statistical study would show that the existence of God is probable since it is the only theory that explains a number of psychic events which are otherwise unexplainable.

The reason for God talking to me, not only about the die-off but about further information about how it all works, is so that humankind can learn and make further advances. Both science and religion have advanced by the discoveries of individuals which then stand the test of time and logic.
Can you show the science that shows cell phone radiation is capable of actually creating Reactive oxygen species? Because physics, chemistry and biology all show that the energy is not sufficient to do so.

And how do you know that your god actually talks to your rather than it being your own conformation bias? Because your track record for predictions is extremely poor. The whole 'I predicted a pandemic' is, as has been pointed out, en par with predicting earthquakes, tornadoes etc.
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2020, 09:42 AM   #275
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing
 
abaddon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 20,264
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
The "science" shows that ROS is generated by cell phone microwaves. ROS does the damage, even doing as much as 80% of the damage when ionizing radiation is involved. It is standard science and logic - but feel free to cherry pick your those papers and studies that suit your beliefs. You are appealing to authority when you cite your credentials, but even brilliant people can be blind to what they could not be bothered to see.

The rules are against scientific proof. He can talk to me (or you or others) and give us information which hint at his existence. A statistical study would show that the existence of God is probable since it is the only theory that explains a number of psychic events which are otherwise unexplainable.

The reason for God talking to me, not only about the die-off but about further information about how it all works, is so that humankind can learn and make further advances. Both science and religion have advanced by the discoveries of individuals which then stand the test of time and logic.
Except 5G is not ionising radiation which makes your claims false.
__________________
Who is General Failure? And why is he reading my hard drive?


...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2020, 11:27 AM   #276
Elagabalus
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 5,808
This one is making the rounds on some ABC affiliate stations. Has it all. Rush Limbot, Victor David Hanson, Stanford, Herd Immunity ...

https://sfist.com/2020/04/10/some-sc...ly-flu-season/


Comment section is good.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2020, 12:05 PM   #277
Pixel42
Schrödinger's cat
 
Pixel42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Malmesbury, UK
Posts: 12,030
Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Eamonn Holmes now spreading 5G Coronavirus conspiracy theory on daytime TV.

If you’re wondering where your auntie is getting this nonsense from it’s not obscure internet conspiracy sites it’s mainstream daytime ITV.

Holmes suggested he believes that 5G may be to blame for Coronavirus and doesn't think you should listen to the "mainstream media" & "state narrative". It's a "legitimate concern and very easy to say it's not true because it suits the state's narrative".

Then Alison Hammond baked some banana bread.
TV host criticised for 5G conspiracy comments

Quote:
TV host Eamonn Holmes has sparked outcry over comments he made about a false claim linking 5G technology and coronavirus.

The baseless conspiracy theory, which is being spread on social media, has been linked to a number of suspected arson attacks on mobile phone masts in the UK.

On his programme, ITV's This Morning, Holmes said that while he agrees with the description of the conspiracy theory as "ridiculous", it's "very easy to say it is not true because it suits the state narrative”.

It comes after the UK government had deemed it "a crackpot conspiracy theory". Scientists have called the rumours that there is a link between 5G and coronavirus "complete rubbish" and a biological impossibility.
However, that has not stopped false claims being shared on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Tik Tok.

Some posts have now been removed, but in recent weeks the conspiracy theory has been shared by verified accounts with hundreds of thousands of followers.

ITV is yet to comment on Holmes’ remarks.

In response to the comments, the government reiterated that those attacking phone masts or abusing telecoms engineers would face “the full force of the law”.
__________________
"If you trust in yourself ... and believe in your dreams ... and follow your star ... you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things" - Terry Pratchett
Pixel42 is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2020, 03:50 PM   #278
Dr.Sid
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Olomouc, Czech Republic
Posts: 2,697
Do you know the Idiocracy movie ? It was so funny back then. Then it became less and less funny. And with this 5G CT it's right out unimaginative and bland. The movie is based on overstating how stupid can people be. But that's the thing - it's impossible.
Dr.Sid is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 13th April 2020, 05:18 PM   #279
Axxman300
Illuminator
 
Axxman300's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Central California Coast
Posts: 4,510
Have we got to the part where 5G is a threat to our precious fluids yet?



[fun fact: Actor Sterling Hayden, who played Gen. Jack D Ripper, was OSS during WWII. Surprised he hasn't appeared in any CT's...yet]
__________________
Disingenuous Piranha
Axxman300 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 14th April 2020, 03:11 AM   #280
Lukraak_Sisser
Illuminator
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,677
Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
The mechanism is that calcium channels in the cellular membrane are affected and incorrectly unbalance the ions. This has a chain reaction to over-produce reactive oxygen species.
Can you show actual peer reviewed papers?

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
God has only "spoken" to me once. And it was like me talking to myself but different enough to think it was not coming from my subconscious without an outside agency.

The fact that it was "confirmed" by my learning of Swine Flu a day later and then having my travel plans changed by unusual weather so that I was forced to fly out of an airport where ten students had Swine Flu and that I flew back to an area where other students had arrived with Swine Flu tells me I was not imagining the message. A week later at the height of the Swine Flu pandemic I "knew" it was not the big one. I was correct. I could have jumped on that "band-wagon" but did not.

This happened in New Zealand. I had gone there from South Africa partly because a clairvoyant told me it was important that I go to a particular area in the South Island. New Zealand is not normally a "hot spot" for pandemics so the importation of Swine Flu was unusual to say the least.
So, how do you know it is not a combination of coincidence and confirmation bias?

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
I have not said that any other outbreaks were the start. This current outbreak is pretty much on time and so far am right. And I have also said that this will be very bad in terms of death and social disruption so that a new world order comes about. How many others have predicted that?
Everyone? At least everyone that has ever studied an epidemic ever?
In fact, societal disruption and a lot of deaths is what MAKES a disease an epidemic.
So your prediction is akin to claiming one will get wet if one steps out in the rain, true, but not anything clairvoyant.

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
As for my "record" you are referring to a distorted version which has been generated to discredit me.
A, fake news, like Trump you do not like being confronted with your earlier recorded failures, so now you claim it's a distortion.

Originally Posted by PartSkeptic View Post
To say to me that I had to give details such as time, date and place and numbers so as to be credible is silly. It is denialism. Should I have to give names of victims in the sequence they died?
Yes? After all, that is would would actually show you have some supernatural source of information rather than generic information that the rest of the world also possesses?
See, had you in march last year for instance predicted the city of the first outbreak and what cities and countries would be hit roughly how hard and at what times you'd actually be credible.

Last edited by Lukraak_Sisser; 14th April 2020 at 03:12 AM. Reason: formatting
Lukraak_Sisser is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:18 PM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.