ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , lying charges , Russia conspiracies , Trump controversies , Trump-Russia connections , US-Russia relations , vladimir putin

Old 7th August 2018, 08:35 AM   #401
The Shrike
Illuminator

Conspiring with a foreign power (and an adversary) to disrupt the integrity of a US election sure does sound like a crime to me.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2018, 09:04 AM   #402
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

What amazes me most is how this issue has become focused on the legality of the meeting (no doubt in response to efforts by the Trump/Republican spin machine). I am in the camp that a significant number of actual laws were broken. But even more we now have a confirmed and self-admitted case of the POTUS's son, son-in-law, and campaign manager meeting with a representative of a hostile state specifically in order to sway the US Presidential election in favor of Trump. Trump Sr. most likely knew about it in advance, but whether he did or not, he undeniably (by his own statements) lied repeatedly about it later to to cover up the real purpose of the meetings. As did Trump Jr., who repeatedly lie about it for the same purpose, again as documented through his own public statements (including lies in front of a Congressional hearing while under oath).

Indeed the Russians did subsequently provide substantial assistance to Trump's campaign by the very means that were the topic of that meeting, making public damaging emails obtained by illegal hacking as well as heavily infiltrating social media and other Internet sites to generate false spin against Clinton and to favor Trump. Trump Sr. himself called on the Russians to intensify their release of the damaging hacked emails and the Russians immediately did so. None of this is speculation - it is all in the public record.

Putin himself has admitted to favoring Trump in the campaign and it is clear that significant portions of the Russian government mobilized appropriately.

I am simply flabbergasted! It is now well documented that Trump's campaign had multiple contacts with agents of an enemy government with the specific purpose of using their help to alter the outcome of a US election. And Russia did just that. Further Trump has subsequently and inexplicably heavily favored Russia in terms of foreign policy at the expense of our traditional allies and the advice of many of his own colleagues. The quid-pro-qup is difficult to deny. Yet somehow Trump retains a substantial core of public support and most of the Republican leadership either think this outrageous moral and treasonous behavior is either okay, or they are too afraid to speak out against it. Giving up their patriotism for a 15% tax cut and a Supreme Court pick.

Bottom line: how on earth is this possible? Have large portions of the American public and Republican leadership collectively lost their sense of smell such that they can no longer detect this stinking morass of vice and evil?

We once were a nation that had some ideals. But now?

Last edited by Giordano; 7th August 2018 at 09:05 AM.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2018, 09:48 AM   #403
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
Conspiring with a foreign power (and an adversary) to disrupt the integrity of a US election sure does sound like a crime to me.
Treason is a crime. In fact specifically listed in the US Constitution.

Typical dictionary definition:
the offense of attempting by overt acts to overthrow the legal government of the state to which the offender owes allegiance.
It is difficult not to see Trump's and his campaign's actions as matching this definition. let alone the more generic definition
Betrayal of a trust, treachery.

The more restrictive 18 US Code definition:
Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

Do Trump's actions fit the "giving them aid and comfort definition?" Well after their strong and material support of his election he heavily and inexplicably favors Russia and their murderous dictator Putin in his foreign policy and in his public announcements, in sharp contrast to virtually all other US and allied leaders. And his election itself clearly was what the Russians most desired.

It is certainly treason and treachery by my definition, whether or not it perfectly matches 18 US Code.

Last edited by Giordano; 7th August 2018 at 10:02 AM.
Giordano is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2018, 10:57 AM   #404
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Giordano View Post
Bottom line: how on earth is this possible? Have large portions of the American public and Republican leadership collectively lost their sense of smell such that they can no longer detect this stinking morass of vice and evil?

Short answer yes.

But for different reasons between the public and the leadership.

The public supporters of Trump are so glued to their initial support by confirmation bias and other mental processes, that make one stubborn.

The leadership is afraid to jump off into the cold dark waters. They're riding this hulk down until the stern meets the water level.

There are no heroes left in DC.
Old 7th August 2018, 11:13 AM   #405
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

... Bottom line: how on earth is this possible? Have large portions of the American public and Republican leadership collectively lost their sense of smell such that they can no longer detect this stinking morass of vice and evil? ... We once were a nation that had some ideals. But now?
... It is certainly treason and treachery by my definition, whether or not it perfectly matches 18 US Code.
Now is the time for all good men. Yet I struggle to think of any line to follow that which is not a statement of wishful thinking, sorry to admit. Or, at least, that is the sensation, when words have lost their meaning, reason sheds little light, and good will seems so elusive, even illusory. ... For now, I've run out of excuses for not coming to any sort of aid, and avoid mirrors and that pest, Jiminy Cricket. Getting old, by golly, praying for some magical oomph.
Old 7th August 2018, 11:31 AM   #406
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giordano

Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Short answer yes.

The public supporters of Trump are so glued to their initial support by confirmation bias and other mental processes, that make one stubborn.

The leadership is afraid to jump off into the cold dark waters. They're riding this hulk down until the stern meets the water level.

Agreed. Confirmation bias and the inability to admit error is extremely strong in many, if not most, people. Even unimportant errors can be difficult for some to admit. A couple weeks ago, my husband and I were out with his brother and wife for dinner. My brother-in-law said something that we all reacted to with the same confusion. He'd accidentally used an incorrect word when he meant to use another as in saying "washing machine" instead of "dishwasher". When we all confirmed he'd said "washing machine", he insisted he'd said "dishwasher". All three of us heard "washing machine". He continued to deny his mistake and told his wife she needed her hearing tested. When my husband and I backed up his wife, he insisted we were mistaken, too. He never admitted to making a simple mistake the we all do from time to time.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2018, 12:27 PM   #407
Giordano
Penultimate Amazing

Short answer yes.

Quote from the novel I Claudius referring to the sad state of the Roman Senate at the advent of Imperial rule:

"the only lions left in Rome are in the arena. ..."
Old 7th August 2018, 01:53 PM   #408
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Looks like AlaskaBushPilot has overdosed on Trump flavored Kool-Aid. I stopped reading about half way through his non-sensical rant and won't bother responding to it because it's a complete and utter waste of time. He's just gone too far down the rabbit hole.
Or he just watches a lot of the Jimmy Dore show.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Jimmy_Dore

tl;dr Jim's still pissed at Hillary for not winning (and providing him with 8 yrs. of material) that he cannot countenance anyone critiquing Trump on his show.
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2018, 02:09 PM   #409
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
Or he just watches a lot of the Jimmy Dore show.

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Jimmy_Dore

tl;dr Jim's still pissed at Hillary for not winning (and providing him with 8 yrs. of material) that he cannot countenance anyone critiquing Trump on his show.
Never heard of him...and never wish to again.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2018, 02:32 PM   #410
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Never heard of him...and never wish to again.
I'll admit that the JD show was kind of a shot in the dark but, as if by magic, it appears ...

http://www.internationalskeptics.com...78&postcount=9

Originally Posted by AlaskaBushPilot View Post
...Check out Jimmy Dore's show back in March on CIA running as democrats and a number of articles many have done since then. Dore is a hard core liberal, he isn't a Trumpist ...
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2018, 09:20 PM   #411
Venom
Master Poster

As someone who regularly checks out the TYT network, Jimmy Dore is easily the most unlikable member. Almost every time he steps outside his own show and into the main TYT YouTube channel, the dislikes exceed the likes, and for good reason.
Venom is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th August 2018, 10:47 PM   #412
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
As someone who regularly checks out the TYT network, Jimmy Dore is easily the most unlikable member. Almost every time he steps outside his own show and into the main TYT YouTube channel, the dislikes exceed the likes, and for good reason.

Knowingly or otherwise, Dore promotes a lot of Russian propaganda and conspiracy theories about Syria, so it's not surprising to see him doing the same for the Russian collusion thing. But I wrote him off as an idiot back when he started pushing the "theory" that Building 7 might have been brought down with magical silent explosives, so I guess he's what the Russians call a useful idiot.
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2018, 05:30 AM   #413
Drewbot
Philosopher

You would think that on a forum full of thinkers, it would be understood that confirmation bias occurs as a human trait. Just because you don't like Trump, doesn't mean you aren't also a victim of evolution.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2018, 06:18 AM   #414
uke2se
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
You would think that on a forum full of thinkers, it would be understood that confirmation bias occurs as a human trait. Just because you don't like Trump, doesn't mean you aren't also a victim of evolution.
True. Maybe reality is simply a computer program and we're all stuck in a simulation.

Or maybe Trump is a criminal and his followers have managed to brainwash themselves through years of "alt-media" diets.

Confirmation bias doesn't even go far enough to explain the devotion of Trumpists.

"If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them. " Karl Popper, The Open Society and Its Enemies Vol. 1
uke2se is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2018, 06:46 AM   #415
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Personal story:

I never liked John Mayer's music. Thought he was pretentious, didn't like the tone or style. I also never really got into the Grateful Dead.

My wife is a Deadhead, travelled to watch their shows, got the fanzines. She really wanted to go to the Fare Thee Well concerts in Chicago, and couldn't get tickets. At the time we didn't have the resources to score tickets. So we watched it on Pay Per View. I really got to love the music, and became a fan myself.

Then I heard 3 of the remaining 4 band members were going to tour with John Mayer. No way, I said. That would be horrible.

My wife convinced me to go see them in Alpine Valley. I was blown away, John Mayer played so well together with them I immediately felt I was wrong all along.

I follow a few Deadhead fb sites. Lots of Deadheads still can't accept John Mayer.

I know I can be biased. That's why I keep an open mind and analyze my biases.

I haven't liked Trump since I started following news on him back in the 80s. I watched his show with my wife, and could see how he exhibited everything I knew was wrong about poor business leadership. I also read about his scams like Trump U and his charity. I followed his tweets and so on.

I was a Republican. Tax cuts strike dear to my heart. You would think I would be predisposed to accept the man if he even showed a Millard Filmore level of presidentiality. He is beneath all that. I keep an open mind, and so far the scales are so far out of his favor it isn't even funny. I don't think bias is why I don't like him as President. My anger is at how my fellow conservatives continue to twist and contort themselves and abandon their principles to defend what I feel I justifiably see is a charlatan.

How about you?

Last edited by LSSBB; 8th August 2018 at 06:47 AM.
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2018, 07:10 AM   #416
Slings and Arrows
Graduate Poster

How about you?

Your touching, poignant and heartfelt "personal story" has me all teary-eyed. I now realize the errors of my ways and will be voting for John Mayer in 2020. Thanks for sharing.
Slings and Arrows is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2018, 08:02 AM   #417
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

Interesting way of putting things. It is not that I do not like Trump; don't know the man. However, aware of history and according to exact same method of analysis I might apply to, say, radical Islam, I find his policies criminal in intent and murderous in practice. As for the Republican Party and its leaders, I apply the same criteria as those used at the Nuremberg trials, with the sole caveat that I oppose the death penalty.
Originally Posted by Slings and Arrows View Post
Your touching, poignant and heartfelt "personal story" has me all teary-eyed. I now realize the errors of my ways and will be voting for John Mayer in 2020. Thanks for sharing.
That easy to influence? Best give power of attorney to a mature adult asap.
Old 8th August 2018, 08:32 AM   #418
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian

Originally Posted by Hlafordlaes View Post
Interesting way of putting things. It is not that I do not like Trump; don't know the man. However, aware of history and according to exact same method of analysis I might apply to, say, radical Islam, I find his policies criminal in intent and murderous in practice. As for the Republican Party and its leaders, I apply the same criteria as those used at the Nuremberg trials, with the sole caveat that I oppose the death penalty.

That easy to influence? Best give power of attorney to a mature adult asap.
Heck, John Mayer would be a better president, probably. Courtney Love, though...
Old 8th August 2018, 08:38 AM   #419
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Heck, John Mayer would be a better president, probably. Courtney Love, though...

If you really want to shake things up in Washington, Joan Jett. That would rock.
WilliamSeger is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2018, 08:41 AM   #420
ponderingturtle
Orthogonal Vector

Originally Posted by The Don View Post
A civil war simply would not work. The overwhelming majority of military and law enforcement are firmly behind President Trump and he has tried to ensure that they have all the funding they require and/or all the ex-military hardware they require and by pardoning Sheriff Joe he's also given a clear signal that breaking the law in a way that aligns with his wishes is consequence free.

Any popular uprising would be immediately and brutally put down.
Yep this is how democracy dies.
ponderingturtle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2018, 10:27 AM   #421
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Agreed. Confirmation bias and the inability to admit error is extremely strong in many, if not most, people. Even unimportant errors can be difficult for some to admit. A couple weeks ago, my husband and I were out with his brother and wife for dinner. My brother-in-law said something that we all reacted to with the same confusion. He'd accidentally used an incorrect word when he meant to use another as in saying "washing machine" instead of "dishwasher". When we all confirmed he'd said "washing machine", he insisted he'd said "dishwasher". All three of us heard "washing machine". He continued to deny his mistake and told his wife she needed her hearing tested. When my husband and I backed up his wife, he insisted we were mistaken, too. He never admitted to making a simple mistake the we all do from time to time.
I think this is a serious problem that a lot of people have. Dale Carnegie talks about the phenomenon in his famous book 'How to win friends and influence people'. I kind of believe that a course should be taught in high school about how it is ok to be wrong. Learning how to listen to being corrected and accepting those corrections gracefully.
Also teaching people not to correct others when they are wrong when it doesn't matter..(My personal flaw that I try to stop myself from doing.)
Old 8th August 2018, 10:58 AM   #422
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Of course we understand that everyone has confirmation bias. I've seen no one here say anything to indicate otherwise. It's the level to which that bias affects one's ability to be objective that varies. Some can readily admit to and accept being wrong or making a mistake. Others cannot.
Old 8th August 2018, 11:01 AM   #423
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I think this is a serious problem that a lot of people have. Dale Carnegie talks about the phenomenon in his famous book 'How to win friends and influence people'. I kind of believe that a course should be taught in high school about how it is ok to be wrong. Learning how to listen to being corrected and accepting those corrections gracefully.
Also teaching people not to correct others when they are wrong when it doesn't matter..(My personal flaw that I try to stop myself from doing.)
As an ex-teacher, I feel your pain. Old habits die hard. My pet peeve is people mispronouncing "mischievous" as "mis-chee-vee-us". I have to clench my teeth not to correct them...and I don't always succeed.
Old 8th August 2018, 12:00 PM   #424
Venom
Master Poster

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post
Knowingly or otherwise, Dore promotes a lot of Russian propaganda and conspiracy theories about Syria, so it's not surprising to see him doing the same for the Russian collusion thing. But I wrote him off as an idiot back when he started pushing the "theory" that Building 7 might have been brought down with magical silent explosives, so I guess he's what the Russians call a useful idiot.
Yup. I thought he was just a sort of comic relief guy on the show, but I found out he made that ridiculous claim about 9/11 and "whatever it is, the government isn't telling the truth" or something along those lines I just put him on ignore after that. It's clear he does no real analysis on anything he pushes.

Hates corporate media but is an RT-loving drone himself.

Last edited by Venom; 8th August 2018 at 12:01 PM.
Venom is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2018, 05:00 PM   #425
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

As an ex-teacher, I feel your pain. Old habits die hard. My pet peeve is people mispronouncing "mischievous" as "mis-chee-vee-us". I have to clench my teeth not to correct them...and I don't always succeed.
Funny, you pick that word. I deliberately pronounce that word both ways for effect.
Old 8th August 2018, 05:43 PM   #426
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Funny, you pick that word. I deliberately pronounce that word both ways for effect.
What effect are you going for?
Old 8th August 2018, 06:43 PM   #427
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Whatever it is, there must be a word for it.
Old 8th August 2018, 07:19 PM   #428
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Lyrical. Sometimes, one way sounds better in the conversation to me. I like to say I'm being mis-chee-vius to be more playful and mis-chuv-is when it is more serious.
Old 8th August 2018, 09:11 PM   #429
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Damn! There goes Napolitano's contract. Can we assume Sean's on the phone to Pirro to get her gussied up to do guest commentator rounds explaining to the faithful that "collusion is not a crime".

BTW, you guys got tired of "But Benghazi" and "But Uranium One" and "But her emails"? We're going to hear "Collusion is not a crime" from now until November of 2020.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.

Last edited by Foolmewunz; 8th August 2018 at 09:58 PM.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th August 2018, 11:46 PM   #430
Bob001
Philosopher

More on where we are:
Quote:
Voting is supposed to be the great leveler among us. Every American has the right to vote, but you get only one of them. You can’t go out and buy another vote for yourself, like you can buy another shirt or another car. Nope, all you’ve got is one vote. Your vote belongs to you, and under our system of laws, nobody is supposed to be able to take it away from you.

Except that’s not the way it works. Two lawsuits were brought by conservative legal activists close to the Republican Party that have severely cut into the rights of citizens to vote, and what that vote is worth, once it is counted. When they reached the Supreme Court, they were decided on partisan grounds, with all the justices appointed by Republican presidents voting one way, and justices appointed by Democratic presidents voting the other.
https://www.salon.com/2018/08/08/tru...out-our-votes/
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2018, 12:18 AM   #431
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Trump set to ignore congressional directive preventing the recognition of Crimea as part of Russia
Old 15th August 2018, 02:53 AM   #432
TheSupermeerkat
Critical Thinker

Any trumpers want to defend this? The Big Dog, perhaps?
TheSupermeerkat is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th August 2018, 09:36 PM   #433
Venom
Master Poster

There is a quote by a Chechen restaurant owner who was interviewed by Russian journalists in late 1994, around the time Russian troops were gathering around the border, poised to enter Chechnya.

Something like "I am against [President] Dudaev and I am against the opposition, but if the Russians invade I'll fight them".

I wish people who look at this Trump-Russia thing were as ready to pick their battles.
Old 16th August 2018, 05:40 AM   #434
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

The Treasury Department has been hampering the Senate investigation
Old 16th August 2018, 10:46 AM   #435
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

It's an open race between the Western-oligarch and Russia-backed coup d'etat and the November election. White supremacist Confederacy owns all three branches of government, amd has all four branches of the Armed Forces and most state police under its sway, while local police forces suffer from the sample bias toward the citizenry the job brings with it. Only federal-level agencies that do not have the luxury of going wobbly for Trump's alternate reality remain standing.

Big Money wants a fascist state and can almost taste it; hard to think GOP backers won't go for broke in the next few weeks and months in any and every way possibly imaginable: 2016, only "better."
Old 19th August 2018, 02:29 PM   #436
Bob001
Philosopher

In new book, author traces extensive Trump money-laundering for Russian mobsters.
Quote:
Based on his own reporting and the investigative work of a former federal prosecutor, Unger posits that through Bayrock, Trump was “indirectly providing Putin with a regular flow of intelligence on what the oligarchs were doing with their money in the U.S.”

As the theory goes, Putin wanted to keep tabs on the billionaires — some of them former mobsters — who had made their post-Cold War fortunes on the backs of industries once owned by the state. The oligarchs, as well as other new-moneyed elites, were stashing their money in foreign real estate, including Trump properties, presumably beyond Putin’s reach.

Trump, knowingly or otherwise, may have struck a side deal with the Kremlin, Unger argues: He would secretly rat out his customers to Putin, who would allow them to keep buying Trump properties. Trump got rich. Putin got eyes on where the oligarchs had hidden their wealth. Everybody won.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...=.f1be4408654e

More:
https://newrepublic.com/article/1435...rime-syndicate
https://www.salon.com/2017/07/14/don...than-30-years/
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th August 2018, 06:32 PM   #437
Roger Ramjets
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Bob001 View Post
Trump got rich. Putin got eyes on where the oligarchs had hidden their wealth. Everybody won.
What's wrong with that? Everyone talks about Freedom and Democracy yada yada, but what's more 'democratic' than making money? Why should Trump be punished for following the American Dream? The Russians aren't our enemies, they just to help (some of) us become rich!
Old 19th August 2018, 06:35 PM   #438
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

The truth isn't the truth says Rudy Guilliani.

What he said this morning is what the Trump regime has been trying to convince the public since Trump started campaigning. Do not trust the media, the evidence, your eyes or experience....if you want the truth, Trump will tell you what the truth is.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th August 2018, 12:11 AM   #439
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
The truth isn't the truth says Rudy Guilliani.

What he said this morning is what the Trump regime has been trying to convince the public since Trump started campaigning. Do not trust the media, the evidence, your eyes or experience....if you want the truth, Trump will tell you what the truth is.
Yeah, Trump's been saying that at campaign rallies recently.
Old 20th August 2018, 09:36 PM   #440
Bob001
Philosopher

Those Russkies don't quit:
Quote:
SAN FRANCISCO — A group affiliated with the Russian government created phony versions of six websites — including some related to public policy and to the U.S. Senate — with the apparent goal of hacking into the computers of people who were tricked into visiting, according to Microsoft, which said Monday night that it discovered and disabled the fake sites.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...?noredirect=on

Quote:
BOSTON — The Russian military intelligence unit that sought to influence the 2016 election appears to have a new target: conservative American think tanks that have broken with President Trump and are seeking continued sanctions against Moscow, exposing oligarchs or pressing for human rights.
http://www.internationalskeptics.com...1#post12401727

Last edited by Bob001; 20th August 2018 at 09:39 PM.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics