ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics
 


Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags domestic violence , Michael Avenatti

Reply
Old 15th November 2018, 04:52 PM   #481
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing
 
alfaniner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 19,997
Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
"Don't tell me what cases you've won, tell me who you've beaten."
"If you can't take a punch, you don't belong in the ring."
- actual inspirational quotes from Micheal Avenatti, Esq.
I'd still place more stock in him saying this than say, the current Acting President.
__________________
Science is self-correcting.
Woo is self-contradicting.
alfaniner is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 05:37 PM   #482
Whip
Graduate Poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,440
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
as if porn stars don't deserve legal protection.
My problem was calling her a 'star'
Whip is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 06:00 PM   #483
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
Exactly! Now, follow to its logical conclusion...
Uh.... don't want to be that guy.... but a false dichotomy is by definition not logical.

So... yeah...
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 06:01 PM   #484
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
That dog won't hunt, son.
bingo
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 06:07 PM   #485
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,030
Originally Posted by gregthehammer View Post
Why, certainly! He exists, breathing the same air as I, walking this very planet! He is, a monster, or Dare I say, LAWYER!!!!!



Actually, I really could give 2 ***** about avenatti one way or the other. I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he first came on the scene with Stormy D, but as time went by, I am starting to find myself in agreement with BigDog that maybe the guy is thirsty for attention.
I don't think you'll get much, if any, disagreement from anyone in this thread on that. I do have to admire his handling of the Stormy Daniels case, though. He made Trump look like a lying SOB. Hmmmm....but come to think of it, that's no all that difficult to do.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 06:14 PM   #486
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
I don't think you'll get much, if any, disagreement from anyone in this thread on that. I do have to admire his handling of the Stormy Daniels case, though. He made Trump look like a lying SOB. Hmmmm....but come to think of it, that's no all that difficult to do.
Trump has literally been awarded attorney fees in that case
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 07:39 PM   #487
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing
 
tyr_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 15,971
It's all a big misunderstanding really.

Big MA wanted to bury the hatchet with Lord Dampnut, so he body-slammed the nearest reporter.

(More seriously, it looks like every single liberal or Trump critic wants the charges investigated and justice to be severed, while Democratic officials once again display their moral superiority to the GOP by dropping Avenatti pending investigation. That will not stop the dogs from pissing all over, but nothing does.)
__________________
Circled nothing is still nothing.
"Nothing will stop the U.S. from being a world leader, not even a handful of adults who want their kids to take science lessons from a book that mentions unicorns six times." -UNLoVedRebel
Mumpsimus: a stubborn person who insists on making an error in spite of being shown that it is wrong
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 07:53 PM   #488
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Every single lefty thinks that they just want justice to be “severed”! All of them, you hear!

(Curious that they slammed Kavanaugh to the wall because of a 35 year old accusation, tho). (High road!)

Except Avenatti and all his sleazy ******* followers on line who think that he was set up.

She hit him first.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 08:19 PM   #489
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher
 
Beelzebuddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 6,817
Avenatti's an attention-seeking scumbag lawyer, which makes him the perfect foil for an attention-seeking scumbag president. He uses short, mean words that even the most ardent Trump supporters can understand. You can tell it's effective, too - you don't see them getting this salty when more respectable people use more respectable language to say basically the same thing.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 08:20 PM   #490
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 21,565
I don't know who TBD is calling Avenatti's followers. I know little about Avenatti except that he has been right about Trump every step of the way. It's been fun watching him prove to the world that Trump is a sleazy liar.

That doesn't mean I think he should be President. He's a dark horse at best given his legal issues.

I will say this about Avenatti. He would make a better President than Donald Trump. But Trump didn't set that bar very high.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 08:22 PM   #491
LSSBB
Devilish Dictionarian
 
LSSBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: An elusive house at Bachelors Grove Cemetery
Posts: 19,950
Originally Posted by gregthehammer View Post
Why, certainly! He exists, breathing the same air as I, walking this very planet! He is, a monster, or Dare I say, LAWYER!!!!!



Actually, I really could give 2 ***** about avenatti one way or the other. I gave him the benefit of the doubt when he first came on the scene with Stormy D, but as time went by, I am starting to find myself in agreement with BigDog that maybe the guy is thirsty for attention.
Does that mean he got himself arrested on purpose?
__________________
"You must not let your need to be right be more important than your need to find out what's true." - Ray Dalio, Principles
LSSBB is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 08:27 PM   #492
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator
 
Foolmewunz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Pattaya, Thailand
Posts: 40,848
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Every single lefty thinks that they just want justice to be “severed”! All of them, you hear!

(Curious that they slammed Kavanaugh to the wall because of a 35 year old accusation, tho). (High road!)

Except Avenatti and all his sleazy ******* followers on line who think that he was set up.

She hit him first.
Say, I've got an idea! Why don't we address the posters in this thread and the members of the forum. All you need to do is highlight for us the evil liberal and progressive members who do their TBD imitation and get behind Avenatti in lockstep. That should be easy. From what I've seen the number of sycophants saying that he's innocent and you're all a bunch of poopie heads is even lower than the number of people who fit your "Dems are supporting Avenatti for President", i.e. not a whole ******* lot! I see no one blindly supporting him but a lot of people taking the Stormy approach - if he's guilty, I'll disavow him; you can count on it.

We have a few stalwart Democratic Party types. Would any of them like to cast a straw vote? My vote would be clear..... "Avenatti is a distraction and after seeing where it got the GOP nominating an attention-whore political dilettante, the stupidest thing imaginable would be to nominate Avenatti".
__________________
Ha! Foolmewunz has just been added to the list of people who aren't complete idiots. Hokulele

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 09:01 PM   #493
Babbylonian
Penultimate Amazing
 
Babbylonian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 11,699
Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
We have a few stalwart Democratic Party types. Would any of them like to cast a straw vote? My vote would be clear..... "Avenatti is a distraction and after seeing where it got the GOP nominating an attention-whore political dilettante, the stupidest thing imaginable would be to nominate Avenatti".
He was obviously a douchebag from the first moment I saw him. I wouldn't elect him dogcatcher.
Babbylonian is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 09:06 PM   #494
gregthehammer
Muse
 
gregthehammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 583
Originally Posted by LSSBB View Post
Does that mean he got himself arrested on purpose?
Not sure if you seriously think I would think that, or if you are being haha funny. But no, I don't believe that. Not that I gave it any more thought than I would about stories of the various kardasians.
gregthehammer is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 09:31 PM   #495
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist
 
Checkmite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 23,758
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Uh.... don't want to be that guy.... but a false dichotomy is by definition not logical.

So... yeah...
Allow me to help with the reading comprehension.

What you have identified as a false dichotomy, is your own insistence that "the lefties" are somehow simultaneously "lining up to say they don't care about Avenatti" and "lining up to defend Avenatti".
__________________
"¿WHAT KIND OF BIRD?
¿A PARANORMAL BIRD?"
--- Carlos S., 2002
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 09:54 PM   #496
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
Allow me to help with the reading comprehension.

What you have identified as a false dichotomy, is your own insistence that "the lefties" are somehow simultaneously "lining up to say they don't care about Avenatti" and "lining up to defend Avenatti".
Allow me to help: their claims that they don’t care are:

False.

Oh dear, another explanation.

Pretty obvious
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 10:01 PM   #497
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 21,565
Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
Say, I've got an idea! Why don't we address the posters in this thread and the members of the forum. All you need to do is highlight for us the evil liberal and progressive members who do their TBD imitation and get behind Avenatti in lockstep. That should be easy. From what I've seen the number of sycophants saying that he's innocent and you're all a bunch of poopie heads is even lower than the number of people who fit your "Dems are supporting Avenatti for President", i.e. not a whole ******* lot! I see no one blindly supporting him but a lot of people taking the Stormy approach - if he's guilty, I'll disavow him; you can count on it.

We have a few stalwart Democratic Party types. Would any of them like to cast a straw vote? My vote would be clear..... "Avenatti is a distraction and after seeing where it got the GOP nominating an attention-whore political dilettante, the stupidest thing imaginable would be to nominate Avenatti".
I heard Avenatti give one speech in Iowa. He did not impress me. But I'm not counting him out just yet. But I can think of at least a dozen potential Democratic possibilities that have a greater chance then him. About the only political point he has made that might have some merit is the need for the Democrats to have a fighter. I have yet to hear him discuss ideas about health care or education or economic or foreign policy. I have yet to hear a good reason to support him politically.

But I'll cheer on every dart he sticks in Trump.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 10:18 PM   #498
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning
 
a_unique_person's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waiting for the pod bay door to open.
Posts: 40,313
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Trump has literally been awarded attorney fees in that case
A response that has nothing to do with the claim.
__________________
Continually pushing the boundaries of mediocrity.
Everything is possible, but not everything is probable.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 10:20 PM   #499
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning
 
a_unique_person's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waiting for the pod bay door to open.
Posts: 40,313
Originally Posted by Sideroxylon View Post
It is hard to delve into the minds of others and gain perspective into their motivations but let me try. Are you possibly projecting here? Just extrapolation from the way Trump and followers feel the need to defend every molehill in this hyperpartisan political war.
Not every molehill. They just choose them carefully since most of them are indefensible.
__________________
Continually pushing the boundaries of mediocrity.
Everything is possible, but not everything is probable.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 10:21 PM   #500
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist
 
Checkmite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 23,758
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Allow me to help: their claims that they don’t care are:

False.
I take it the evidence for this is the imaginary defenses of Avenatti that no one else can see which you report to have been made in this thread?
__________________
"¿WHAT KIND OF BIRD?
¿A PARANORMAL BIRD?"
--- Carlos S., 2002
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 10:26 PM   #501
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
A response that has nothing to do with the claim.


Yes it does. Avenatti so mishandled the claim that his client is looking at paying Trump 300 k.

Success!

Lol
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th November 2018, 11:31 PM   #502
Stacyhs
Philosopher
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,030
Before Nov. 2016 I would have said that Avenatti didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being nominated for president. But I said the same thing about Trump. On the other hand, Dems aren't so stupid as to nominate a crass, lying, bullying, disgusting narcissistic POS either. That falls to the GOP.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2018, 01:36 AM   #503
Checkmite
Skepticifimisticalationist
 
Checkmite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Gulf Coast
Posts: 23,758
Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Before Nov. 2016 I would have said that Avenatti didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being nominated for president. But I said the same thing about Trump. On the other hand, Dems aren't so stupid as to nominate a crass, lying, bullying, disgusting narcissistic POS either. That falls to the GOP.
I really don't want to have to make it my mission in life for the next two years to spend all my time posting on social media about what a crook and crass opportunist Avenatti is, so I hope you're right. Luckily I have yet to find even a single Dem who would actually vote for him.
__________________
"¿WHAT KIND OF BIRD?
¿A PARANORMAL BIRD?"
--- Carlos S., 2002
Checkmite is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2018, 01:43 AM   #504
Sideroxylon
Featherless biped
 
Sideroxylon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Aporia
Posts: 21,195
Originally Posted by Checkmite View Post
I take it the evidence for this is the imaginary defenses of Avenatti that no one else can see which you report to have been made in this thread?
My librul tears rain gauge is empty.
__________________
'The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool.' - Richard Feynman
Sideroxylon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2018, 02:07 AM   #505
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 24,351
Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
I would say it highlights the difference in how Democrats deal with sexual abuse accusations when they have something invested versus when they don't.

Sitting president? Circle the wagons.

Sleazy lawyer? Cut him loose.
Because Al Franken is still endorsed by the Democrats, and Roy Moore was cut loose immediately accusations came out against him...
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2018, 02:31 AM   #506
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning
 
a_unique_person's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Waiting for the pod bay door to open.
Posts: 40,313
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post


Yes it does. Avenatti so mishandled the claim that his client is looking at paying Trump 300 k.

Success!

Lol
Could you perhaps look again at what you were responding to? It wasn't about his skill at representing his client.
__________________
Continually pushing the boundaries of mediocrity.
Everything is possible, but not everything is probable.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2018, 10:55 AM   #507
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
Could you perhaps look again at what you were responding to? It wasn't about his skill at representing his client.
Looks at it again, it clearly does. Thanks for asking!

In other news from the world of incompetent attorney Mike Avenatti, not only is he violating the first rule of criminal defense: shut the **** up; he is threatening:

Quote:
Whomever wrote and approved that TMZ article better get their checkbook ready because it was purposely malicious and false. It was designed to harm Lisa, me and my family and we are going expose TMZ for what they did. No journalist should rely on or defend garbage like that.
Incompetent bozo Mike Avenatti still does not know what anti-SLAPP is.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2018, 11:14 AM   #508
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 21,565
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post


Yes it does. Avenatti so mishandled the claim that his client is looking at paying Trump 300 k.

Success!

Lol
I'd bet you a thousand dollars that Stormy Daniels won't pay a penny of that. And the fact is Big Dog, that is chimp change in contrast to the damage inflicted on Trump . I bet some Democratic donor was laughing every time Avenatti made a fool of Trump on CNN and MSNBC and happily is paying the fee.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2018, 11:18 AM   #509
Doubt
Philosopher
 
Doubt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 6,997
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
Allow me to help: their claims that they don’t care are:

False.

Oh dear, another explanation.

Pretty obvious
And how did you reach such a conclusion? After all, the guy that started this very thread pointed out that the only reason this thread exists was to serve as a distraction.
__________________
Doubt world tour locations:

Detroit, Mexico, Detroit, Mexico....
Repeat for all of 2017 except when on vacation.
Doubt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2018, 11:20 AM   #510
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Doubt View Post
And how did you reach such a conclusion? After all, the guy that started this very thread pointed out that the only reason this thread exists was to serve as a distraction.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2018, 11:28 AM   #511
tyr_13
Penultimate Amazing
 
tyr_13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 15,971
Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Because Al Franken is still endorsed by the Democrats, and Roy Moore was cut loose immediately accusations came out against him...
It's a hard thing to admit, but clearly the dems are better morally on such things. GOP supporters want desperately to be right, but to get there you have to go through the hard parts of admitting you're doing wrong and correct it.

It leads some to pretend some crazy mischaraterizations. 'This matter should be thoroughly investigated and we will judge on the available evidence' was applied with Kav and here, yet we are told that consistency is actually a double standard. In both cases it was advocated by the left to not advance the accused, Kav to the court and Avenatti to his speaking engagement, but we are again told that is a double standard somehow.

At least I hope they are pretending, because if they actually believe that, then they have severe issues identifying moral or ethical behavior.

Writ large, they just don't care about it to correct it. It isn't worth it to them. Wonder why they lost the women's vote so strongly, if one wants to introduce a selfish reason to act as actually morally upstanding people.
__________________
Circled nothing is still nothing.
"Nothing will stop the U.S. from being a world leader, not even a handful of adults who want their kids to take science lessons from a book that mentions unicorns six times." -UNLoVedRebel
Mumpsimus: a stubborn person who insists on making an error in spite of being shown that it is wrong
tyr_13 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2018, 12:36 PM   #512
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Avenatti staves off eviction for a few days with another lie, loses, again



On Oct. 31, Avenatti asked the court to stop the eviction, saying Avenatti & Associates, another entity that he owns, had an “oral rental agreement with the landlord” that must be honored.

The landlord denied there was any such agreement.

Avenatti says the two businesses are distinct firms, but they function as the same law practice with the same lawyers and support staff in the same Newport Beach office suite.


Yeah, he has nothing to do with a law firm that has his ******* name on it.

man that scumball is such a grifter....
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2018, 01:30 PM   #513
Joecool
Master Poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,522
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
During the Kavanaugh hearings, wasn't there a theme of "women must be believed"? #metoo

Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2018, 01:40 PM   #514
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 18,350
Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
I'd bet you a thousand dollars that Stormy Daniels won't pay a penny of that. And the fact is Big Dog, that is chimp change in contrast to the damage inflicted on Trump . I bet some Democratic donor was laughing every time Avenatti made a fool of Trump on CNN and MSNBC and happily is paying the fee.
Agreed. Not to mention the benefit to her career all this has been. Yeah, she won this case in every sense that matters. If you don't believe me ask toad.
__________________
Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2018, 01:45 PM   #515
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Agreed. Not to mention the benefit to her career all this has been. Yeah, she won this case in every sense that matters. If you don't believe me ask toad.
lol

Sure she is going to be liable for attorney fees for Trump and Cohen, but ya see she is the winner because her Make America horny again tour exposed her poorly tattooed gunt to hundreds of new fans!

That is like the lawyer who comes back from court after getting hit with a multi million verdict and claiming that he won because now clients know he takes on the "big cases"!

She is a winner! Sure her lawyer is going to jail, bu she is eth win!
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2018, 01:49 PM   #516
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.
 
Dr. Keith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 18,350
Originally Posted by The Big Dog View Post
She is a winner! Sure her lawyer is going to jail, bu she is eth win!
Yes.
__________________
Suffering is not a punishment not a fruit of sin, it is a gift of God.
He allows us to share in His suffering and to make up for the sins of the world. -Mother Teresa

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2018, 02:13 PM   #517
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing
 
Squeegee Beckenheim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 24,351
If having your lawyer go to gaol means that you're a loser, then it's probably worth mentioning that Michael Cohen is going to gaol.
__________________
I don't trust atoms. They make up everything.
Squeegee Beckenheim is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2018, 02:17 PM   #518
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing
 
acbytesla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 21,565
Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Agreed. Not to mention the benefit to her career all this has been. Yeah, she won this case in every sense that matters. If you don't believe me ask toad.
It was millions of dollars of publicity that benefitted both Stormy and Avenatti. TBD has been more obsessed with Avenatti then any Democrat I know. If Avenatti's law firm gets evicted, 'so what'? TBD acts as if Avenatti's issues means the Democrats didn't actually capture 35 plus seats this last election. He acts as if him grinding on Trump for the past year didn't have an impact on Trump.

I'm disappointed if Avenatti committed assault. I guess that means he should resign from public office. Ooops, he doesn't hold public office. Oh well, guess I'm going to have to vote for Beto.
__________________
“ A wise man proportions his belief to the evidence. ”
― David Hume
acbytesla is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2018, 02:18 PM   #519
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian
 
The Great Zaganza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 8,583
That bail is almost suspiciously low.
__________________
Careful! That tree's bark is worse than its bite.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 16th November 2018, 02:20 PM   #520
The Big Dog
Guest
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,742
Originally Posted by Dr. Keith View Post
Yes.
whatever you say.

next time one of your client gets lit up for 300k in attorney fees awarded to the other side you tell them that they are the real winners.

WINNING

Last edited by The Big Dog; 16th November 2018 at 02:39 PM.
The Big Dog is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Reply

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:27 AM.
Powered by vBulletin. Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

This forum began as part of the James Randi Education Foundation (JREF). However, the forum now exists as
an independent entity with no affiliation with or endorsement by the JREF, including the section in reference to "JREF" topics.

Disclaimer: Messages posted in the Forum are solely the opinion of their authors.