IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2024 elections , donald trump , presidential candidates , Ron DeSantis

Old 13th June 2022, 01:22 PM   #161
Dr. Keith
Not a doctor.

Originally Posted by Silly Green Monkey View Post
I don't see any other DeSantis threads, so I'll post it here. Apparently DeSantis has come out in opposition to the current fad among liberals of taking their children to transgender strip shows? He might even sign a law making it illegal?
I guess Desantis wants to co-parent my child. Isnít that the demís game?

If I had a pet panda I would name it Snowflake.
Dr. Keith is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 03:33 PM   #162
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Thermal View Post
Odds=zero. Either faction by itself is not a force to be reckoned with. Since the Rise of the Stupid, they now see themselves as a legitimate demographic. They won't go back under their rocks. So now the Republicans have to kowtow to them to keep their votes. Split the ticket internally, and the Rs are crippled. If they faction off into Conservatives and Stupids, the Democrats win uncontested. Controlling Republicans won't let that happen. They got a taste with the Tea Party movement.
That works until the extremist wing becomes too much for the other wing. Which will eventually happen.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 04:34 PM   #163
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
That works until the extremist wing becomes too much for the other wing. Which will eventually happen.
But will it happen before the extremists have turned our society to rubble and wiped their asses on the constitution? I foresee a huge "who knew" fest ahead, a chorus of idiots saying "I take responsibility so now shut up and let me get back to business." Then, as with the financial meltdown, we'll end up hiring the same people who caused it because they supposedly are the only ones to understand it.

I imagine the pendulum will swing back as it always eventually does, but I suspect I, and many others here, will be dead by the time it does.

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 04:41 PM   #164
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by bruto View Post
But will it happen before the extremists have turned our society to rubble and wiped their asses on the constitution? I foresee a huge "who knew" fest ahead, a chorus of idiots saying "I take responsibility so now shut up and let me get back to business." Then, as with the financial meltdown, we'll end up hiring the same people who caused it because they supposedly are the only ones to understand it.

I imagine the pendulum will swing back as it always eventually does, but I suspect I, and many others here, will be dead by the time it does.
The far right wants to thank you for trying to wreck the morale of those who want to fight them.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th June 2022, 06:58 PM   #165
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
The far right wants to thank you for trying to wreck the morale of those who want to fight them.
Oh no I'm not against fighting them. Which of course reminds me of a poem....

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/78/6d...681b74c428.png

"There is another world, but it's in this one." (Paul Eluard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics