IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2021 elections , Glenn Youngkin , Terry McAuliffe , Virginia elections , Virginia politics

Old 4th November 2021, 09:08 AM   #41
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Donal View Post
How? "I have a black friend" is a pretty common misdirection. While I certainly believe a black person can choose to be a Republican for perfectly valid reasons, it doesn't mean that Republican policies aren't hurting black people in this country in general. Or that Republicans don't tend to lean heavy into race-baiting and fear-mongering.
The race baiting and fear mongering in this election came from the Democrats. When the Lincoln Project posed people in front of Youngkin's bus with tiki torches in an attempt to make him look bad, a bunch of Democrats jumped all over it to try to claim his campaign was racist. They needed that accusation of racism.

As for hurting black people, they did better in many ways under Trump than they are doing under Biden.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2021, 09:11 AM   #42
Donal
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
The race baiting and fear mongering in this election came from the Democrats.
Youngkin made CRT a central issue.

Quote:
When the Lincoln Project posed people in front of Youngkin's bus with tiki torches in an attempt to make him look bad, a bunch of Democrats jumped all over it to try to claim his campaign was racist. They needed that accusation of racism.
The Lincoln project is a bunch of Republicans. How do you not know that?

Quote:
As for hurting black people, they did better in many ways under Trump than they are doing under Biden.
Prove anything Republicans did is the cause for any sort of improvement. And remember, according to Orange Weakling himself, unemployment numbers are fake.
Old 4th November 2021, 09:16 AM   #43
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Youngkin made CRT a central issue.
Supporting CRT is race baiting.

Quote:
The Lincoln project is a bunch of Republicans. How do you not know that?
They call themselves Republicans. They are funded by Democrats, and they support Democrats. How do you not know that?

And as I pointed out, it was the Democrats who tried to portray their stunt as indicating actual racists were supporting Youngkin, and use this as an argument against electing him.

Quote:
Prove anything Republicans did is the cause for any sort of improvement.
Prove anything Democrats did is the cause for any sort of improvement.

Your appeal to this standard is disingenuous. You're only resorting to it now because you've got nothing beyond alleged motives with which to attack Republicans.
"As long as it is admitted that the law may be diverted from its true purpose -- that it may violate property instead of protecting it -- then everyone will want to participate in making the law, either to protect himself against plunder or to use it for plunder. Political questions will always be prejudicial, dominant, and all-absorbing. There will be fighting at the door of the Legislative Palace, and the struggle within will be no less furious." - Bastiat, The Law
Ziggurat is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2021, 09:21 AM   #44
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Must be why Republicans also elected a black lieutenant governor.

Wait... what? I think the narrative is broken.
That's easy. Most voters go with a straight ticket, for one party or the other. Lt. Gov. is not a high profile post. I suspect Youngkin voters just said "Whoever's with him...."

Ms. Sears has limited political experience. She served one term in the state legislature 15 years ago. She's hardly a picture of black accomplishment. But she's an ardent Trumper, and that's all it took.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2021, 09:26 AM   #45
Donal
Illuminator

Supporting CRT is race baiting.
I am under no obligation to play into this nonsense. Go learn what CRT is and stop proving me right.

Quote:
They call themselves Republicans.
Because they are.

Quote:
They are funded by Democrats, and they support Democrats. How do you not know that?
They are funded by a lot of people, including nitwit liberals who thought the Lincoln Project brought any value. And their "support" of Democrats go as far as to push more Republican policies onto the Democrats.

Quote:
And as I pointed out, it was the Democrats Republicans who tried to portray their stunt as indicating actual racists were supporting Youngkin, and use this as an argument against electing him.
You had a typo in there I fixed for you. Also, it is an accurate portrayal of Youngkin's platform, but a real stupid way of executing it.

Quote:
Prove anything Democrats did is the cause for any sort of improvement.
I graciously accept your concession.

Quote:
Your appeal to this standard is disingenuous.
Why? Because I want to discuss actual policy and facts?

Quote:
You're only resorting to it now because you've got nothing beyond alleged motives with which to attack Republicans.
No, I'm resorting to it because all you have offered is empty rhetoric and nonsense claims. The same as Republicans.
Old 4th November 2021, 09:40 AM   #46
sir drinks-a-lot
Philosopher

It's always amusing to hear people accuse the Republicans of race baiting.
Old 4th November 2021, 10:01 AM   #47
cmikes
Muse

This is a bit of a misdirection. The students may not have been taught CRT. But the Department of Education in Virginia did try to incorporate CRT into teacher training, and the entire point of doing so is to affect what and how teachers teach students.

It's amazing how often the Democrats protests come down to the old Groucho Marx line: "Who are you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?"
cmikes is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2021, 10:04 AM   #48
Venom
Philosopher

The Lincoln project sympathizes with Dems simply because they're the saner of the two parties on average and do not threaten democracy. Simple. Just reveals how ******* insane the faces of the modern GOP are.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2021, 10:51 AM   #49
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
The Lincoln project sympathizes with Dems simply because they're the saner of the two parties on average and do not threaten democracy. Simple. Just reveals how ******* insane the faces of the modern GOP are.
Bwahahahaha!

No. They shill for Democrats because that's their new grift, which they picked up after they ran out of money on their old grift. If you think any of those pedo associates is actually principled in any way, you haven't been paying attention.
Old 4th November 2021, 10:57 AM   #50
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Why? Because I want to discuss actual policy and facts?
But you don't. That's the whole point. The start and end of your criticism was "racism". Hell, you haven't even pointed to an actual policy difference between Youngkin and McAuliffe. They exist, but you're not talking about them. So you're in no position to claim that you want to discuss "actual policy".
Old 4th November 2021, 11:08 AM   #51
Beerina
Sarcastic Conqueror of Notions

Originally Posted by JoeMorgue View Post
I'm confused. Why trust that this election wasn't rigged?

You just think this is a new game.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

There's a lot more eye opening media stuff in that movie from 80 years ago, about a time 110 years ago.

During Obama II, my wife was a Democratic poll observer. They gave her a phone and told her to watch for people hassling other people, and to call one of their roving lawyers. Nothing happened where she was.

At 8:01 PM, the state Democrats declared the election had no fraud. No need to use anything they may have drummed up for potential needs of smashing a shoe on the table.

The government should nationalize it! Socialized, single-payer video game development and sales now! More, cheaper, better games, right? Right?

Last edited by Beerina; 4th November 2021 at 11:15 AM.
Beerina is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2021, 11:57 AM   #52
Donal
Illuminator

But you don't. That's the whole point. The start and end of your criticism was "racism".
It's not that my argument does it, it's the Republican platform that begins and ends with "racism"

Quote:
Hell, you haven't even pointed to an actual policy difference between Youngkin and McAuliffe.
I directly criticized McAuliffe for that very thing.

Quote:
They exist, but you're not talking about them. So you're in no position to claim that you want to discuss "actual policy".
Republicans have no actual policies, so we can't debate them or contrast them to the policies of the Democrats. This is why I try not to react to every little display by a right-wing nutjob.

Do you want to debate the aspects of Build Back Better? Cool. Want to criticize statements by Biden or any other Democrat, I will respond to good faith arguments until I get bored.

But, I see no evidence that the republican party has any interest in actually governing and I won't pretend to.
Old 4th November 2021, 01:14 PM   #53
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

It's not that my argument does it, it's the Republican platform that begins and ends with "racism"
Like I said, you aren't actually interested in talking about policies.

And you're also trying to switch some generic, unspecified "Republican" for Youngkin. Don't think I didn't catch that bit of intellectual dishonesty.

Quote:
Do you want to debate the aspects of Build Back Better?
If I did, this wouldn't be the thread, since this is about the Virginia governor's election.
Old 4th November 2021, 01:36 PM   #54
Donal
Illuminator

Like I said, you aren't actually interested in talking about policies.
Maybe I should run for governor of Virginia.

Quote:
And you're also trying to switch some generic, unspecified "Republican" for Youngkin. Don't think I didn't catch that bit of intellectual dishonesty.
Youngkin is a generic, unspecified Republican.

Quote:
If I did, this wouldn't be the thread, since this is about the Virginia governor's election.
Which wasn't about issues either.
Old 4th November 2021, 01:38 PM   #55
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Supporting CRT is race-baiting? CRT isn't even taught in Virginia public schools. The call to ban it is a call to all racists to vote.
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 4th November 2021, 01:55 PM   #56
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by thaiboxerken View Post
Supporting CRT is race-baiting? CRT isn't even taught in Virginia public schools. The call to ban it is a call to all racists to vote.
I've already addressed this.
Old 4th November 2021, 01:56 PM   #57
Ziggurat
Penultimate Amazing

Maybe I should run for governor of Virginia.
Go for it.

Quote:
Youngkin is a generic, unspecified Republican.
Old 4th November 2021, 03:34 PM   #58
TellyKNeasuss
Master Poster

My take, based on CNN's exit poll, is that, as is often the case in non-presidential election years, the election is determined by who actually votes.

There were about 1.1 million fewer voters in the Virginia election than in 2020, and under 30 voters accounted for almost exactly half of the decrease (about 325,000 vs 875,000 in 2020). There were also around 600,000 fewer members of minority groups who voted, a decrease of around 40 percent. On the other hand, there was actually a small increase in the number of over 65 voters. So 2 groups that lean solidly Democratic didn't show up at the polls while an important component of the Republican base did (over 65's were more than 3 times as likely to vote as under 30's).

The CNN exit poll showed only about 5 percent of Biden voters voting for Youngkin, which I don't see as a particularly significant swing, given that the 2020 election involved one of the most polarizing figures in American political history. (2 percent of Trump voters voted for McAuliffe.)

IMHO, McAuliffe ran a poor campaign, letting Youngkin get away with not revealing whether he would take any steps to eliminate abortions or what programs he would cut if he went through with his plans for cutting taxes while increasing spending on k-12 education.

Last edited by TellyKNeasuss; 4th November 2021 at 03:45 PM.
TellyKNeasuss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2021, 09:32 AM   #59
Donal
Illuminator

Originally Posted by TellyKNeasuss View Post
IMHO, McAuliffe ran a poor campaign, letting Youngkin get away with not revealing whether he would take any steps to eliminate abortions or what programs he would cut if he went through with his plans for cutting taxes while increasing spending on k-12 education.
Pretty much. McAuliffe ran a crap campaign. He couldn't even properly articulate his own positions. He just said "Orange Man Bad", reacted to Youngkin's nonsense, and then spent the last week or so wagging his finger at people with a legitimate concern (getting kids back in school).
Old 5th November 2021, 10:32 AM   #60
ahhell
Illuminator

Pretty much. McAuliffe ran a crap campaign. He couldn't even properly articulate his own positions. He just said "Orange Man Bad", reacted to Youngkin's nonsense, and then spent the last week or so wagging his finger at people with a legitimate concern (getting kids back in school).
Exactly, he lost because more than half of the population of VA are white supremacists.
ahhell is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2021, 10:41 AM   #61
SuburbanTurkey

I posted in the other thread, but it makes more sense here.

I think schools were an important issue, though not for the Critical Race Theory and/or trans freakout, but for the more practical reasons you list.

Schools are childcare for working people. A large part of the difficulty with covid has been for working people to have to scramble their lives to be home to provide child care, often with very little relief assistance from the government. This huge burden was thrown on their laps and working parents are desperate to get things back to normal.

People are generally pretty dissatisfied with the lingering effects of covid and the disastrous response by both the Trump and Biden admin. Biden and the rest of the party really messaged hard that things would be great once Trump was gone, which was foolish, and now are suffering for the fact that things are still quite precarious.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2021, 11:00 AM   #62
TellyKNeasuss
Master Poster

Originally Posted by SuburbanTurkey View Post
People are generally pretty dissatisfied with the lingering effects of covid and the disastrous response by both the Trump and Biden admin. Biden and the rest of the party really messaged hard that things would be great once Trump was gone, which was foolish, and now are suffering for the fact that things are still quite precarious.
Though things are a less precarious in states like Virginia that have a relatively high vaccination rate.

TellyKNeasuss is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2021, 11:09 AM   #63
SuburbanTurkey

Though things are a less precarious in states like Virginia that have a relatively high vaccination rate.
The risk of periodic school closures, screwing up everyone's working hours, is quite high. Children could not be vaccinated until very recently.
SuburbanTurkey is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2021, 11:22 AM   #64
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by ahhell View Post
Exactly, he lost because more than half of the population of VA are white supremacists.
I had no idea they had 100% voter turnout.
1. He'd never do that. 2. Okay but he's not currently doing it. 3. Okay but he's not currently technically doing it. 4. Okay but everyone does it. 5. He's doing it, we can't stop him, no point in complaining about it. 6. We all knew he was going to do it which... makes it okay somehow. 7. It's perfectly fine that's he's doing it.
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2021, 11:55 AM   #65
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

not for the Critical Race Theory and/or trans freakout,
I think that was important in keeping the retirees riled up. It doesn't matter if the issue isn't pressing, or isn't real, or isn't even a coherent concept, it can still be an excuse to wave your hands and say "those LIBERALS are coming for your children!"
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2021, 01:49 PM   #66
TellyKNeasuss
Master Poster

It would be pretty bad if the phony issue of critical race theory was able to motivate Republicans to turn out for the election but the real issues of potential restrictions on abortion, potential measures taken to make it harder to vote, and a possible end to common sense steps taken to slow the spread of covid was not able to motivate Democrats to turn out for the election.

Old 5th November 2021, 01:53 PM   #67
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

It would be pretty bad if the phony issue of critical race theory was able to motivate Republicans to turn out for the election but the real issues of potential restrictions on abortion, potential measures taken to make it harder to vote, and a possible end to common sense steps taken to slow the spread of covid was not able to motivate Democrats to turn out for the election.
That's what happens when Republicans stay on message while Democrats wave in the general direction of the state of things.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2021, 01:56 PM   #68
Joecool
Master Poster

McAullife made a fatal error when he said that parents should not have input into what their kids are taught. Instead of walking it back, he kept pressing forward and then used another failed strategy of calling Youngkin Trump over and over
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2021, 02:15 PM   #69
Bob001
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Joecool View Post
McAullife made a fatal error when he said that parents should not have input into what their kids are taught. Instead of walking it back, he kept pressing forward and then used another failed strategy of calling Youngkin Trump over and over
He said it, and it hurt him badly, but the thing is that's not really what he meant. He said that he and his wife were actively involved in the education of their own five kids. He vetoed two bills that could theoretically have allowed any parent to remove books and ideas from the curriculum for all children. If he said something like "I won't allow someone else to rip books out of school libraries and tell you what your kids can learn," it would have been unexceptional and probably widely supported.
Bob001 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2021, 02:21 PM   #70
Warp12
Suspended

My take, based on CNN's exit poll, is that, as is often the case in non-presidential election years, the election is determined by who actually votes.

There were about 1.1 million fewer voters in the Virginia election than in 2020, and under 30 voters accounted for almost exactly half of the decrease (about 325,000 vs 875,000 in 2020). There were also around 600,000 fewer members of minority groups who voted, a decrease of around 40 percent. On the other hand, there was actually a small increase in the number of over 65 voters. So 2 groups that lean solidly Democratic didn't show up at the polls while an important component of the Republican base did (over 65's were more than 3 times as likely to vote as under 30's).
I mentioned in a thread, a while ago, that I suspected Covid was a windfall for Dems in 2020. Aside from Trump imploding, it got more people voting, due to a variety of factors. Now let's see if they can keep that momentum...doesn't seem like it.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2021, 02:23 PM   #71
Lennart Hyland
Muse

Yuckin's underage son tried to vote twice in this election:
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...s-say/2870695/

Unfortunately the 911truth movement web site does not allow any opinions contrary to their own, or I would have presented my views. David Scott - CTBUH Chairman
Lennart Hyland is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2021, 02:24 PM   #72
Donal
Illuminator

Schools are childcare for working people. A large part of the difficulty with covid has been for working people to have to scramble their lives to be home to provide child care, often with very little relief assistance from the government. This huge burden was thrown on their laps and working parents are desperate to get things back to normal.
Exactly. People are rightfully pissed off they can't even get a consistent answer about schools.

Quote:
They really are awful at messaging. They have popular policies and a president who is good at conveying sympathy and compassion, but the GOP still runs rings around them with messaging. And the GOP doesn't even have a message.
Old 5th November 2021, 02:30 PM   #73
Lurch
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Incorrect. The statement was obviously made in jest, which is why I "lol'd" it. It isn't "cheating", but it isn't based upon Dems being virtuous, either.
You LOL everything. Does this mean you're always jesting?
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2021, 02:36 PM   #74
Warp12
Suspended

Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
You LOL everything. Does this mean you're always jesting?
It wasn't my statement, bro...it was Cain's. His comment was clearly in jest, hence my "lol".

Last edited by Warp12; 5th November 2021 at 02:38 PM.
Warp12 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 5th November 2021, 02:46 PM   #75
TellyKNeasuss
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Lennart Hyland View Post
I love the statement in the article that they are not printing his name because he is a juvenile. As if Youngkin has a bunch of 17 year old sons and nobody would be able to figure it out.

Old 7th November 2021, 01:58 PM   #76
Norman Alexander
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Lennart Hyland View Post
So the youngster tried twice to get a ballot and vote, even after being told the first time he was ineligible. Not only is he thick or determined to be corrupt, if he had been "immigrant-looking" then he would be in jail already.

Also , this begs the question: Was he the only one? How many OTHER GOP voters, including underage thickheads, tried the same tactic of voting twice or more, and succeeded without being detected?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornetsí nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2021, 05:42 PM   #77
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Most people having a hissy fit about CRT don't even know what it is. They have some hazy "It's teaching that white people are bad. It's reverse racism" misconception. But, boy, are they adamant it's BAD.
Quote:
NEW YORK, July 15 (Reuters) - Critical race theory, a once-obscure academic concept that has sparked school board protests and classroom bans in some states, is largely misunderstood among the general public, even by those who say they are familiar with what it teaches about racism in America, according to a Reuters/Ipsos poll.

The national opinion survey taken on Monday and Tuesday found that 57% of adults said they were not familiar with the term, also known by its shorthand, CRT, which asserts that racism is woven into the U.S. legal system and ingrained in its primary institutions.

Many of those who said they were familiar with it answered follow-up questions that showed they embraced a variety of misconceptions about critical race theory that have been largely circulating among conservative media outlets.

For example, 22% of those who said they were familiar with critical race theory also think it is taught in most public high schools. It is not.

Thirty-three percent believe it “says that white people are inherently bad or evil” or that “discriminating against white people is the only way to achieve equality.” It does not.

Among respondents who said they were familiar with CRT, only 5% correctly answered all seven true-false questions that the poll asked about the history and teachings of critical race theory. Only 32% correctly answered more than four of the seven questions.

The poll showed that a bipartisan majority of Americans say that high school students should learn about slavery and racism in America. Yet respondents were more opposed to teaching critical race theory, which maintains that the legacy of slavery and Jim Crow racial segregation laws continues to create an uneven playing field for nonwhite Americans.

Still, 36% of Americans said they would support a ban on CRT in public schools. The responses were divided along party lines: a majority of Democrats – 51% - opposed a school ban, while a majority of Republicans – 54% - supported one.
https://www.reuters.com/world/us/man...ry-2021-07-15/
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 7th November 2021, 05:45 PM   #78
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

People's ignorance about CRT gets the Daily Show treatment:

Unsolved Mysteries: Do Any Republicans Know What Critical Race Theory Actually Is?

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2021, 04:57 PM   #79
Warp12
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Most people having a hissy fit about CRT don't even know what it is. They have some hazy "It's teaching that white people are bad. It's reverse racism" misconception. But, boy, are they adamant it's BAD.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/man...ry-2021-07-15/
Well, of course some people are going think that. Why wouldn't they? I mean you have people like Robin DiAngelo suggesting that white people need to behave in ways that are "less white". Whereas you don't often hear people suggest that black people behave in ways that are "less black".

A lot of people are not going to get behind that use of language.
Old 8th November 2021, 04:59 PM   #80
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Warp12 View Post
Whereas you don't often hear people suggest that black people behave in ways that are "less black".
I admit I chuckled.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics