ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump controversies

Old 20th July 2019, 06:52 AM   #81
Tero
Graduate Poster

Hard to say. I have to have the tv remote in hand when watching a news channel. When Trump's face appears, wothin seconds disgusting things come out of his mouth.

The most disgusting thing, however, is that for 1.5 more years the world is about Trump.
Tero is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2019, 07:07 AM   #82
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Tero View Post
Hard to say. I have to have the tv remote in hand when watching a news channel. When Trump's face appears, wothin seconds disgusting things come out of his mouth.

The most disgusting thing, however, is that for 1.5 more years the world is about Trump.
I do the same thing. I don't listen to Trump or his supporters on TV or radio. Their kind can't be trusted to tell the truth so why bother?
Old 20th July 2019, 08:31 AM   #83
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

When I see him, disgusting things come out of my own mouth as well.
Old 20th July 2019, 11:09 AM   #84
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Me, too. Just seeing his smarmy, gloating, self-important smirk is enough to send my blood pressure through the roof. I disliked Bush 2 but I LOATHE this toad.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 20th July 2019, 12:06 PM   #85
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

"Those people coming up from Mexico? Those are some baaaad hombres."
Old 21st July 2019, 03:03 AM   #86
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
We could almost start a second list: Things the president has done that aren't necessarily disgusting, but were really funny and/or stupid.

(Like shoving the leader out of the way, or talking about airports in the revolutionary war, or saying that the moon is a part of mars.)
Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
Windmills cause cancer...
Who can forget his attempt to get an umbrella through the door of "Aircraft One"
link is 2015 data (2013 Data below):
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2019, 02:03 AM   #87
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
Who can forget his attempt to get an umbrella through the door of "Aircraft One"
Or drinking from a glass without a sippy spout on it?

Or sitting in a truck cab on the WH lawn playing trucks like a toddler?
Old 24th July 2019, 02:50 AM   #88
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Atheist View Post
Or sitting in a truck cab on the WH lawn playing trucks like a toddler?
Wait, what? Link?
Old 24th July 2019, 02:52 AM   #89
The Don
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
Wait, what? Link?
Beep ! Beep !

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/ent...b010d776731e16
The Don is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2019, 02:56 AM   #90
Cabbage
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by The Don View Post

This particular picture deserves inclusion in the thread by itself, I think:

Cabbage is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th July 2019, 07:09 AM   #91
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

I just remembered The Great Paper Towel toss to the devastated residents of Puerto Rico.
Old 24th July 2019, 09:52 AM   #92
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
I just remembered The Great Paper Towel toss to the devastated residents of Puerto Rico.
Hey don't be dissing the great paper towel toss!

After all, with all the problems Puerto Rico is having right now, a lack of appropriate paper products is not one of them!

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2019, 07:51 AM   #93
Segnosaur
Penultimate Amazing

Hey, just remembered a couple of others:

After a Florida school shooting, he claimed that if he were there, he would have run into the building to personally stop the shooter!

Claimed that sleeping with women in the 80s was his own "personal Viet Nam", because of the risk of various diseases.

Proposed attacking the families (including women and children) of terrorists (which is more or less a war crime).

I'm Mary Poppin's Y'all! - Yondu

We are Groot - Groot
Segnosaur is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th July 2019, 08:17 AM   #94
Armitage72
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Segnosaur View Post
Proposed attacking the families (including women and children) of terrorists (which is more or less a war crime).

They aren't war crimes if the US does it.
I once saw someone advocate for what was essentially the return of siege warfare. Surround an enemy city, don't let any supplies in, and kill anyone who tries to leave, no matter who they are.
Armitage72 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2019, 07:57 AM   #95
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Here's a new one - consistent with dementia removing any social niceties from Trump:

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1157135706914820097

ETA: it's an embedded video, hence the twitter link
UK 8.5% of GDP of which 83.3% is public expenditure - 7.1% of GDP is public spending
US 16.4% of GDP of which 48.2% is public expenditure - 7.9% of GDP is public spending
jimbob is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd August 2019, 11:39 AM   #96
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Classy.
Old 9th August 2019, 09:42 PM   #97
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

The thumbs up with the baby whose parents had just been murdered makes the top ten, for certain.

That picture could be a poster for how to spot a nacissist.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b0fc06ace7d316
Old 9th August 2019, 09:47 PM   #98
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

The thumbs up with the baby whose parents had just been murdered makes the top ten, for certain.

It's a-ok. The murdered parents were supposedly Trump supporters.

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th August 2019, 10:38 PM   #99
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

The campaign video was one of the most creepy things Trump has done. It might have been removed from his Twitter already. I can't find it there.

Scroll down to his Tweet.
Old 9th August 2019, 11:16 PM   #100
Venom
Master Poster

Trump one of the most well-known socialites in modern America doesn't know how the hell to socialize with everyday people.

How does that happen. I think mental decline. Would young Trump have called Glendon Oakley a movie star?
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 12:18 AM   #101
WilliamSeger
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
The campaign video was one of the most creepy things Trump has done. It might have been removed from his Twitter already. I can't find it there.

If Senate Republicans won't let us impeach this obnoxiously self-obsessed mushroom dick, how about a "common law" option: March on the White House, drag his nasty ass out on the South Lawn, tar and feather him, attach him to a fence rail, ride him across the nearest bridge and drop him in the nearest dumpster.
WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 11:37 AM   #102
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post

Some of the hospital workers don't come out of this with much credit, either.
Old 10th August 2019, 11:57 AM   #103
Shalamar
Dark Lord of the JREF

Some of the hospital workers don't come out of this with much credit, either.
It seems that none of the other victims of the shooting wanted to see the President, so this was the only photo-op he could get.

"The truth is out there. But the lies are inside your head."
Shalamar is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th August 2019, 12:36 PM   #104
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Shalamar View Post
It seems that none of the other victims of the shooting wanted to see the President, so this was the only photo-op he could get.
Sounds feasible.

I can't imagine anyone other than a brain-dead Trump voter wanting to be photographed with him.
Old 10th August 2019, 12:43 PM   #105
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

The thumbs-up photo reminds me of all those clueless tourists taking smiling or posing selfies in front of Holocaust memorials and other sensitive sites.

"Lol met a shooing victim #visitelpaso #vacatiowithbestwife"
Old 10th August 2019, 01:01 PM   #106
jimbob
Uncritical "thinker"

Originally Posted by Safe-Keeper View Post
The thumbs-up photo reminds me of all those clueless tourists taking smiling or posing selfies in front of Holocaust memorials and other sensitive sites.

"Lol met a shooing victim #visitelpaso #vacatiowithbestwife"
You know it's bad when Scaramucci is quoted by Fox News saying those trips were a disaster for Trump's image. Presumably by showing him as he is.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/scaram...ophe-for-trump

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics