ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags donald trump , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Closed Thread
Old 16th April 2019, 06:25 PM   #241
Safe-Keeper
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
And God did smite them mightily!

(Let's hope the same happens to Trump.)
Verily, thou art a disgrace to these United States, I shall smite thee bigly!
Old 16th April 2019, 08:54 PM   #242
lomiller
Philosopher

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
but doesn't he complain about one-sided journalism?
No, he complains about journalism that's does't take his side. (which in most cases is just plain old journalism)
Old 16th April 2019, 09:22 PM   #243
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

His last couple tweets show a strange beginning of distancing from FoxNews. I wonder what that's all about?
Old 16th April 2019, 09:31 PM   #244
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
His last couple tweets show a strange beginning of distancing from FoxNews. I wonder what that's all about?
They had Bernie on Fox News for a "Town Hall" and the audience did not throw produce at Bernie. So, obviously, Fox News rigged the audience to make Bernie look good.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2019, 10:38 PM   #245
Venom
Master Poster

Trump Tweets:

Quote:
I believe it will be Crazy Bernie Sanders vs. Sleepy Joe Biden as the two finalists to run against maybe the best Economy in the history of our Country (and MANY other great things)! I look forward to facing whoever it may be. May God Rest Their Soul!

-April 16, 2019, 9:24 PM

May God rest their soul?

How are we to interpret this?
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2019, 10:59 PM   #246
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Trump Tweets:

May God rest their soul?

"The two finalists"

Gawd he's stupid.

Beyond that, words escape me re: God resting their souls.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 16th April 2019 at 11:00 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2019, 11:00 PM   #247
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

I think he means that whoever runs against him is dead on arrival, that he knows that no person will beat him.

It's easy to be that cocky when the GOP is suppressing votes and Russia is hacking the election.
All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power & profit - Thomas Paine
thaiboxerken is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 16th April 2019, 11:29 PM   #248
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

Seriously, is this sort of juvenile-delinquent mouthing-off REALLY worthy of the office of President of the USA?
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th April 2019, 12:26 AM   #249
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
Seriously, is this sort of juvenile-delinquent mouthing-off REALLY worthy of the office of President of the USA?
I'd say it's mild compared to most of what he's come out with.

A lot less un-Presidential than crapping on a dead war hero.
Old 17th April 2019, 01:23 AM   #250
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Many Trump Fans & Signs were outside of the @FoxNews Studio last night in the now thriving (Thank you President Trump) Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, for the interview with Crazy Bernie Sanders. Big complaints about not being let in-stuffed with Bernie supporters. What’s with @FoxNews?

Bernie Sanders and wife should pay the Pre-Trump Taxes on their almost $600,000 in income. He is always complaining about these big TAX CUTS, except when it benefits him. They made a fortune off of Trump, but so did everyone else - and that’s a good thing, not a bad thing!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th April 2019, 01:44 AM   #251
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

I like Chris Cuomo's spin on Trump's "criticism" of Fox. He says that Trump acts like a spurned boyfriend who's upset that his regular girl was cheating on him.

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th April 2019, 03:24 AM   #252
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump Tweets

Many Trump Fans & Signs were outside of the @FoxNews Studio last night in the now thriving (Thank you President Trump) Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, for the interview with Crazy Bernie Sanders. Big complaints about not being let in-stuffed with Bernie supporters. What’s with @FoxNews?

Bernie Sanders and wife should pay the Pre-Trump Taxes on their almost $600,000 in income. He is always complaining about these big TAX CUTS, except when it benefits him. They made a fortune off of Trump, but so did everyone else - and that’s a good thing, not a bad thing!
I'm just waiting for Bernie to have a bigger inauguration crowd.
For if a man pretend to me that God hath spoken to him supernaturally, and immediately, and I make doubt of it, I cannot easily perceive what argument he can produce to oblige me to believe it. Hobbes
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th April 2019, 03:32 AM   #253
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
It is miraculous that Trump not only beat the Bush dynasty, 16 Republicans, the FBI, the media, voter fraud cheaters, the political class, Clinton dynasty, the Obamas, the elites in BOTH parties, but he also beat tech companies that used their platforms to try and beat him
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th April 2019, 03:36 AM   #254
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by alfaniner View Post
Just trying to rein them in. Their top priority should be loyalty to Trump, of course.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th April 2019, 03:40 AM   #255
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by Foolmewunz View Post
I like Chris Cuomo's spin on Trump's "criticism" of Fox. He says that Trump acts like a spurned boyfriend who's upset that his regular girl was cheating on him.
I'd say more like a toddler who sees one of his toys being played with by another child.
Old 17th April 2019, 03:49 AM   #256
The Great Zaganza
Maledictorian

Trump Retweeted

Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11
It is miraculous that Trump not only beat the Bush dynasty, 16 Republicans, the FBI, the media, voter fraud cheaters, the political class, Clinton dynasty, the Obamas, the elites in BOTH parties, but he also beat tech companies that used their platforms to try and beat him
yep, miraculous because untrue.
It would be miraculous if Trump could beat someone at Golf in an honest game.
The Great Zaganza is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th April 2019, 04:47 AM   #257
dann
Philosopher

Trump Retweeted

Charlie Kirk
@charliekirk11

Trump beat voter fraud cheaters??! How did he do that?
"Stupidity renders itself invisible by assuming very large proportions. Completely unreasonable claims are irrefutable. Ni-en-leh pointed out that a philosopher might get into trouble by claiming that two times two makes five, but he does not risk much by claiming that two times two makes shoe polish." B. Brecht
"The abolition of religion as the illusory happiness of the people is required for their real happiness. The demand to give up the illusion about its condition is the demand to give up a condition which needs illusions." K. Marx
dann is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th April 2019, 04:51 AM   #258
thaiboxerken
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by dann View Post
Trump beat voter fraud cheaters??! How did he do that?
He had a little little help from a guy named Vladimir, you know, just to even the playing field a bit...........
Old 17th April 2019, 05:46 AM   #259
Hlafordlaes
Disorder of Kilopi

Trump Tweets:

May God rest their soul?

That his intuitions regarding his base are spot on. Who cares about what anyone outside his base cares about? Grammar? How things should work? Due diligence? The 2016 and 2020 elections are about far more! This is about protecting and enhancing a longstanding and deep-rooted American social and political tradition. That it is utterly dishonorable is completely irrelevant. "All options are [always] on the table" tells you everything you need to know.
Old 17th April 2019, 06:31 AM   #260
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

Current and ex- White House aides are nervous about The PDJT's volatile reaction when the report is released tomorrow which may detail what they said about him.

I can understand the current personnel being afraid for their jobs, but why should the exes be concerned?
Old 17th April 2019, 07:19 AM   #261
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1118228314257350657

Quote:
What if Fox News covered Trump the way it covered Obama? It would look like this
Video embedded in tweet.
Old 17th April 2019, 07:35 AM   #262
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by TragicMonkey View Post
I'd say more like a toddler who sees one of his toys being played with by another child.
No. It is more like him having his own toy to play with and then seeing another toddler playing with the same type of toy. Trump wants his toy and Trump wants no one else to have the same toy - he’s that self-centered.
Old 17th April 2019, 07:41 AM   #263
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

“Their soul”?
They have one soul between them?

I think I’ll write my Republican senator today.
Old 17th April 2019, 07:42 AM   #264
Belz...
Fiend God

Trump Tweets:

May God rest their soul?

"I'm going to destroy them in the elections!"

There's no need to interpret it any other way. He's boasting about beating them.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th April 2019, 08:14 AM   #265
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Ladewig View Post
“Their soul”?
They have one soul between them?

I think I’ll write my Republican senator today.
Well, of course Berrnie can't have one, being Jewish and all.
Old 17th April 2019, 01:30 PM   #266
Galaxie
Critical Thinker

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
Nicely done
Galaxie is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th April 2019, 02:13 PM   #267
The Atheist
The Grammar Tyrant

This may have been posted before, but if you haven't seen it, it is a brilliant montage and well worth the 5 minutes.

Also very funny.

What if Fox covered Trump the same way they did Obama?
Old 17th April 2019, 02:42 PM   #268
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Norman Alexander View Post
You just noticied that Trump is dragging the office of POTUS through the mud?
He has been doing that since day one. This ,in face, is one of his lesser offenses

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th April 2019, 02:43 PM   #269
dudalb
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by a_unique_person View Post
I'm just waiting for Bernie to have a bigger inauguration crowd.
If Bernie gets the Democratic Nod, they have just handed Trump reelection on a silver platter. You can have a bet on this.

Robert Heinlein.
dudalb is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th April 2019, 03:03 PM   #270
Ladewig
I lost an avatar bet.

Originally Posted by dudalb View Post
If Bernie gets the Democratic Nod, they have just handed Trump reelection on a silver platter. You can have a bet on this.
You may very well be right.
Old 17th April 2019, 05:03 PM   #271
Norman Alexander
Philosopher

You just noticied that Trump is dragging the office of POTUS through the mud?
He has been doing that since day one. This ,in face, is one of his lesser offenses
Uh, we noticed that he was "this way" long before he was catapulted into the position by morons.

I suppose my comment was more aimed at those Americans who, knowing full well the office of POTUS had indeed been publicly lowered into a cesspit and sloshed around in it, are allowing this to continue.

Trump is now starting to remind us a lot of Idi Amin, or as he self-inflated himself: "His Excellency President for Life, Field Marshal Alhaji Dr. Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, CBE". Just take a look at the parallels. Bone-headed thick-wit uses shady dealings to establish a political presence. Overthrows establishment to place himself on the throne. Uses the military and police using strongarm tactics against any perceived political and racial "enemies" to cement that position "for life". Has regular purges of "foreigners". Is totally corrupted through and through. Deals arms illegally with the scum of the Earth. The US ambassador in 1973 described Amin's Uganda at the worst of his reign as "racist, erratic and unpredictable, brutal, inept, bellicose, irrational, ridiculous, and militaristic". Sound familiar? And when Amin was finally overthrown (after starting a pointless border war with a neighbour) and fled, where did he go? To his allies in Saudi Arabia...

Let's hope it doesn't get that bad in the USA.
...our governments are just trying to protect us from terror. In the same way that someone banging a hornets’ nest with a stick is trying to protect us from hornets. Frankie Boyle, Guardian, July 2015

Last edited by Norman Alexander; 17th April 2019 at 05:05 PM.
Norman Alexander is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th April 2019, 05:39 PM   #272
plague311
Great minds think...

Didn't people who spoke and stuck with the Democratic, at least further left, ideas do pretty well in the last election? I seem to remember the Dems that tried to sit in the middle or lean more center got whooped. Am I missing something?

“There are times when the mind is dealt such a blow it hides itself in insanity. While this may not seem beneficial, it is. There are times when reality is nothing but pain, and to escape that pain the mind must leave reality behind.” - Patrick Rothfuss
plague311 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th April 2019, 06:19 PM   #273
Venom
Master Poster

If Bernie Sanders gets the nomination, he beats Trump.

If not, I'll stop posting for an entire year, 360 days, if you would do the same if he does.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th April 2019, 06:35 PM   #274
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by plague311 View Post
Didn't people who spoke and stuck with the Democratic, at least further left, ideas do pretty well in the last election? I seem to remember the Dems that tried to sit in the middle or lean more center got whooped. Am I missing something?
Perhaps you missed Clinton's win in the primary and her 3 million more votes than Trump in the election.
Old 17th April 2019, 06:59 PM   #275
RecoveringYuppy
Philosopher

My bet is on you saying this about any Democrat leading against Trump in the polls.

Make a fire for a man and you keep him warm for a day. Set him on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.
RecoveringYuppy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th April 2019, 01:40 AM   #276
TofuFighter
Master Poster

As much as I am loath to make any kind of predictions, I just think there will not be the apathy among the D voters in the 2020 election as there was when Hillary was a 'dead cert' to win the presidency.

Biden, Bernie, But-edge-edge. They can all beat trump.
TofuFighter is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th April 2019, 04:16 AM   #277
alfaniner
Penultimate Amazing

The Report gets released today. North Korea just tested a new missile. Kim Jong Un just requested a meeting with Putin.

This is going to be a busy week in the White House. I wonder if the combination of all this is going to push The PDJT over the edge.
Old 18th April 2019, 05:27 AM   #278
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

The Greatest Political Hoax of all time! Crimes were committed by Crooked, Dirty Cops and DNC/The Democrats.

PRESIDENTIAL HARASSMENT!
Old 18th April 2019, 05:30 AM   #279
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Retweeted

Judicial Watch
@JudicialWatch

BREAKING: JW announced today that it filed a FOIA lawsuit against the DOJ for records of communications and payments between the FBI & former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele and his private firm, Orbis Business Intelligence

JW President @TomFitton appeared on “Fox and Friends First” to discuss AG Bill Barr’s testimony and Spygate: They know it’s spying. This is a joint operation between the DNC, the Clinton campaign, the FBI, and DOJ to target President @realDonaldTrump (link: http://jwatch.us/J67gzV) jwatch.us/J67gzV

JW announced that it uncovered 422 pages of FBI documents showing evidence of “cover up” discussions related to the Clinton email system within Platte River Networks, one of the vendors who managed the Clinton email system.

Judicial Watch announced it received 756 pages of newly uncovered emails that were among the materials former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton tried to delete or destroy, several of which were classified.

On "Hannity",
@seanhannity
discussed some key findings from Judicial Watch in regards to the Clinton cover-up: "We are finding out even more devastating information about how the deep state protected Hillary Clinton before turning their forces against @realDonaldTrump ."
Old 18th April 2019, 05:43 AM   #280
Beelzebuddy
Philosopher

Must be pretty confident in the coverup if he's already counterpunching.
Beelzebuddy is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics