IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2022 elections

Old 17th January 2022, 03:42 PM   #1
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

2022 Midterm Election

Mod Info Split from here to start a new thread for the 2022 midterm elections.
Posted By:Agatha

Problem #1: as usual the GOP is controlling the news narrative. That needs to change and it can if the Democrats started an effective campaign pointing out Biden's accomplishments. They are not negligible despite people relying on news headlines for their information.
Seven Achievements by Joe Biden in 2021 That No One Is Talking About
Quote:
In fact, since taking the oath of office on January 20, Biden has had considerable achievements, including passing the $1.2 trillion bipartisan infrastructure package.

Some of the Biden administration's accomplishments may not have grabbed headlines or could have been forgotten over the course of a turbulent year, while good economic indicators have sometimes been crowded out by inflation and issues in the supply chain.
I'll leave it to people to open the link for #s 1-6. Here's #7:
Quote:
7. Jobs, Wages and GDP
While many Americans remain pessimistic about the U.S. economy amid inflation that's hit a 40-year high, Biden's first year in office has seen considerable improvements in jobs and wage growth.

The unemployment rate fell to just 4.2 percent in November—a 21-month low and jobless claims fell to their lowest levels since 1969 in early December.

Initial jobless claims for the week ending December 18 stood at a seasonally adjusted 205,000, largely unchanged from the previous week. This is below pre-pandemic levels and appears to indicate a strong labor market.

Wages and salaries paid by private businesses also rose 2.4 percent after inflation from January to October, while disposable income grew 3 percent.

Americans are also expected to receive the largest pay increase in over a decade next year, while U.S. Gross Domestic Product (GDP) rose by a revised annual rate of 2.3 percent in the third quarter, beating the previously estimated 2.1 percent.

And related to that: Campaign issue, not yet numbered:
The world's 10 richest men have made so much money during the pandemic that a one-time 99% tax on their gains could pay for all COVID-19 vaccine production and more: Oxfam

Oxfam: Billionaires' wealth grew by $5T amid pandemic while 160M forced into poverty

I'd like to see the slogan: Pitch in you billionaire bastards.

But the issue could also be used against that faux billionaire Dump.
All the grift plus still asking for campaign donations
Long history of ripping off charities
Pretend charity contributions
That should be easy to make a campaign ad out of.

I should start a PAC.

Last edited by Agatha; 18th January 2022 at 04:05 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2022, 02:34 PM   #2
AmyStrange
Graduate Poster

-

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post

Problem #1: as usual the GOP is controlling the news narrative. That needs to change and it can if the Democrats started an effective campaign pointing out Biden's accomplishments. They are not negligible despite people relying on news headlines for their information.

Seven Achievements by Joe Biden in 2021 That No One Is Talking About

(SNIP)

Oxfam: Billionaires' wealth grew by $5T amid pandemic while 160M forced into poverty

I'd like to see the slogan: Pitch in you billionaire bastards.

But the issue could also be used against that faux billionaire Dump.
All the grift plus still asking for campaign donations
Long history of ripping off charities
Pretend charity contributions
That should be easy to make a campaign ad out of.

I should start a PAC.
-

You should, or at least run for President yourself. I'd vote for you.

-
Old 19th January 2022, 04:00 PM   #3
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Biden just held an hour and a half press conference. He did an excellent job. It will be interesting to see how the press reports on it. They asked a number of typical stupid press questions like how does Biden explain why some large number of people in some ****** poll think he's mentally unfit for office. He answered, "I don't know". Next question.

There was no sign whatsoever he was mentally incompetent. What a bunch of crap.

There were some other questions along the same line. What do you say to these people who think you haven't addressed XYZ? You can't get your own party on board with legislation addressing voter suppression. I was impressed he didn't knee jerk that pointing out there were 2 Democrats., hardly worth calling then "your own party". Instead he had a long answer about not giving up the fight and more work to be done.

I thought it went very well.

Last edited by Skeptic Ginger; 19th January 2022 at 04:02 PM.
Skeptic Ginger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 19th January 2022, 04:15 PM   #4
AmyStrange
Graduate Poster

Biden just held an hour and a half press conference. He did an excellent job. It will be interesting to see how the press reports on it. They asked a number of typical stupid press questions like how does Biden explain why some large number of people in some ****** poll think he's mentally unfit for office. He answered, "I don't know". Next question.

There were some other questions along the same line. What do you say to these people who think you haven't addressed XYZ? You can't get your own party on board with legislation addressing voter suppression. I was impressed he didn't knee jerk that pointing out there were 2 Democrats., hardly worth calling then "your own party". Instead he had a long answer about not giving up the fight and more work to be done.

-

Personally, I think it was in retaliation for the fallout from when TFG (Trump) tripped on the stairs (or ramp) coming off Air Force One (I think).

It's on the same level as asking him when did you stop beating your wife?

In other words, a gotcha question asked by stoops.

-
Old 21st January 2022, 05:07 PM   #5
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

I know Sinema isn't up for re-election until 2024, but it looks like she may get primaried with the approval of the AZ Dem party:

Quote:
Quote:
With her refusal to change the filibuster rule -- siding with Republicans -- and voting rights dead for now in the Senate, Democrats in Arizona are fundraising to support Sinema's primary challenger in 2024. Influential Vermont Independent Sen. Bernie Sanders said this week that he'd support a challenge to Sinema.

Over the summer, the Arizona Democratic Party promised to give Sinema a vote of "no confidence" if she didn't change her stance to clear the way voting reform. The state executive committee meets on Saturday to discuss a possible "no confidence" vote.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 25th January 2022, 11:31 PM   #6
Joecool
Master Poster

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...406A&FORM=VIRE
Joecool is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th January 2022, 02:44 AM   #7
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Joecool View Post

The irony of a Trump supporter presenting these things as 'gaffes' is priceless. I mean, calling a reporter a name but calling him and apologizing within an hour is certainly something Trump has done, right? Oh. Only the first part. And Trump would never, ever call a reporter's question 'stupid'(or mock a disabled reporter). Nor would Trump ever forget someone's name. Right, Tim "Apple", "Lou" Saban, "Rick Gates..er..Matt Gaetz, and VP Mike "Pounce"? Most certainly Trump would never, ever say "orange" for "origin" or "NASTA" for "NAFTA or "overdoth" for "overdose" or "privit" for "prison". No, Sir! He never stumbles over words. He's the greatest orator like the world has never seen before! Thank goodness Trump has never stumbled going up the stairs and almost fallen off or had to hold onto someone while walking...er ...running...down a ramp! Trump would never doze off on the can while twee...covfefe....

Stop embarrassing yourself.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics