IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2022 elections , Campaign ads

Old 9th February 2022, 01:38 PM   #1
Donal
Illuminator

2022 Campaign Ads

They've already started rolling out. Some are unintentionally hysterical to the point of being cringe-worthy.

Gary Chambers Jr. is running for Senate in Louisiana hoping to unseat Republican incumbent and Foghorn Leghorn cosplayer John Kennedy. He comes out swinging with an ad of him smoking a blunt, talking about repressive marijuana laws.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

Then he drops this beauty of him burning a Confederate flag and talking some hard truth.

YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

The odds are heavily against him, but I'd rather go down swinging with someone who is trying actual change than just some Republican light in an attempt to appeal to the imaginary "reasonable conservative". Try a candidate who might fire up a new base instead of just fundraising with some Lincoln Project grifters.

Seen any good ads? Anyone got you pumped? Any got you face palming?
Old 9th February 2022, 03:15 PM   #2
Fidelio
Graduate Poster

I await the compare and contrast of various cons reactions to 1-6 then as opposed to the "legitimate political discourse" lately.
.. The stars were suns, but so far away they were just little points of light ... The scale of the universe suddenly opened up to me. It was a kind of religious experience. There was a magnificence to it, a grandeur, a scale which has never left me. Never ever left me.
Carl Sagan
Fidelio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2022, 03:26 PM   #3
Fidelio
Graduate Poster

There is this guy David Perdue who condemns his opponents of not having their tongues far enough up T***** butthole.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-xPw_7DQUk
.. The stars were suns, but so far away they were just little points of light ... The scale of the universe suddenly opened up to me. It was a kind of religious experience. There was a magnificence to it, a grandeur, a scale which has never left me. Never ever left me.
Carl Sagan
Fidelio is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2022, 04:02 PM   #4
Stacyhs
Penultimate Amazing

Oh...god...I detest campaign add from either side. We need to limit our campaign season to the six weeks just before the election. I think a medal should be given to whomever invented the mute and channel change buttons on remote controls.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2022, 04:11 PM   #5
kookbreaker
Evil Fokker

In PA I’ve seen two ads for GOP candidates. Dr. Oz, trying to pretend he’s a PA resident, and his more local opponent. Oz’s ad attacks and whines about being “cancelled”, the other guy blitzes Oz and the other millionaire running for being out of touch and out of state. He then promises the usual GOP. Oddly, neither candidate says anything about Trump.

Thanks for helping me win Best Toys in Philly Voter in 2011,2012, and 2014! We won' be discussing the disappointment that was 2013.
kookbreaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2022, 05:33 PM   #6
Lurch
Master Poster

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Oh...god...I detest campaign add from either side. We need to limit our campaign season to the six weeks just before the election. I think a medal should be given to whomever invented the mute and channel change buttons on remote controls.
American politics is quite the dragged-out circus. And when the circus hangs around forever, even the clowns get tiresome. And the mind bogglingly obscene amount of money thrown at it all!
Lurch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2022, 05:52 PM   #7
Fidelio
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
American politics is quite the dragged-out circus. And when the circus hangs around forever, even the clowns get tiresome. And the mind bogglingly obscene amount of money thrown at it all!
Why do you hate mind bogglingly obscene amounts of money being spent on a political campaign? What, are you Canadian?
Carl Sagan
Old 9th February 2022, 06:12 PM   #8
ZiprHead
Muse

Originally Posted by Donal View Post
They've already started rolling out. Some are unintentionally hysterical to the point of being cringe-worthy.

Gary Chambers Jr. is running for Senate in Louisiana hoping to unseat Republican incumbent and Foghorn Leghorn cosplayer John Kennedy. He comes out swinging with an ad of him smoking a blunt, talking about repressive marijuana laws.

I AGREE

Then he drops this beauty of him burning a Confederate flag and talking some hard truth.

I AGREE

The odds are heavily against him, but I'd rather go down swinging with someone who is trying actual change than just some Republican light in an attempt to appeal to the imaginary "reasonable conservative". Try a candidate who might fire up a new base instead of just fundraising with some Lincoln Project grifters.

Seen any good ads? Anyone got you pumped? Any got you face palming?
I take it you're a Randi Rhodes fan too?

IIDB is back, baby!
ZiprHead is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th February 2022, 11:19 PM   #9
a_unique_person
Director of Hatcheries and Conditioning

Any ads for Trump yet? He has collected over $150 mill to his own personal account. Is he going to spend any of it or just sit on it?
a_unique_person is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th February 2022, 06:24 AM   #10
Donal
Illuminator

Originally Posted by ZiprHead View Post
I take it you're a Randi Rhodes fan too?
I'm not familiar with her, so I won't say one way or the other.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics