IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags 2022 elections , Charles Booker , Kentucky politics , rand paul , senate elections

Old 7th November 2021, 03:33 PM   #121
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Well he's no Amy McGrath.
Old 8th November 2021, 07:12 AM   #122
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
Well he's no Amy McGrath.
The Question was he as weak as Amy, Afraid of Trump and the Rspublicans?

There is a good reason I will never Return To Louisville Kentucky a Town I used to ❤.
The Place is crawling with KKK, and Oath Keepers or as we called them on the MySpace Republican forum, Rand Paul's Waco Whackos.
http://www.facebook.com/69357466992/...8073453961993/
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2021, 07:17 AM   #123
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

... MySpace?
Old 8th November 2021, 07:40 AM   #124
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

... MySpace?
I am a former Republican, I remember many of the Insurrectionist from when they were trying to form an insurrection in 2008 after Obama was Elected.
They were Trying to promote their Militia Movement on MySpace Republicans Forum before they Named themselves the Oath Keepers.in 2009.
Suggestions For the Name of their Libertarian Constitutionalist group, included Ron Paul's Waco Whackos, MySpace Morons, and several others too many to mention. They finally settled on Oath Keepers and using Facebook the movement exploded, because people didn't really know them on the new platform.
Crazy Chainsaw is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 8th November 2021, 08:49 AM   #125
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Huh. I had completely forgotten that MySpace was still big in 2008. Anyway, I guess we can use this thread to follow and discuss Booker's campaign. What would Booker have to do, to set him apart from Amy McGrath in your mind?
Old 8th November 2021, 05:38 PM   #126
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Dude, am I ******* talking to myself here? You need an earned media plan. If you're not doing social media buys (which you need money and fundraising for), you need to get covered by branded media (ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC). If you're not going to buy your way into the first half page of search results, you need a plan to make the branded media interested enough in you that they cover you and you get into their paid for search results.

No one is going to hear or read your truth while you're not in the first five search results for Rand Paul. For the love of the FSM, stop talking about principles and the truth. Start talking about the things you're going to get to get your message in front of eyeballs.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2021, 06:42 AM   #127
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Take on Rand Paul's conspiracy theories, call him out on his Lies, I offered Amy Evidence Of Mitch McConnell lies and she declined to use them Including Mitch saying on Dateline NBC, that Tobacco Nicotine poisoning didn't exist. That heart conditions do to high levels of Exposure to Nicotine in Children of Farmers was False.
Mitch McConnell always portrayed himself as sticking up for Farm Families in Kentucky but when it came down to Protecting Kids, or Corporations he chose the Corporations over Farm Families.
There were several other things too, she could have done but refused to because she Feared Donald John Trump, who lost 20/20.
Booker to Win has to take on the Conspiracy theories and Conspiracy theorists so strong in Kentucky right now because of the Racism Kentucky.
I see it every day mostly against Hispanics with some anti Semitic nonsense about Soros being a Nazi.
It's insane he thank to Grifting Evangelicals.
Old 9th November 2021, 06:44 AM   #128
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Dude, am I ******* talking to myself here? You need an earned media plan. If you're not doing social media buys (which you need money and fundraising for), you need to get covered by branded media (ABC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, CNBC). If you're not going to buy your way into the first half page of search results, you need a plan to make the branded media interested enough in you that they cover you and you get into their paid for search results.

No one is going to hear or read your truth while you're not in the first five search results for Rand Paul. For the love of the FSM, stop talking about principles and the truth. Start talking about the things you're going to get to get your message in front of eyeballs.
I know how to work the Media, done it all my life.
I can get on the News and in click bait anytime I choose.
Old 9th November 2021, 01:47 PM   #129
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Crazy Chainsaw View Post
I'm sorry, but this all sounds very Internet Tough Guy. All hat and no cattle. All sizzle, no steak. Your mouth writing checks your ass can't cash. It's easy to talk about all the things you could do, to make a real difference.

I guess what Craig and I are asking is, what is it that you will do? What are you actually going to do, out there in Kentucky, to make your world a better place? What are you actually going to do, to help Booker win, or help Paul lose?

Are you actually going to campaign in Kentucky this year? If not, then it really doesn't matter what you could do to make the world a better place, but choose not to do. We should probably return to the topic of the thread, rather than these flights of fantasy about being a big swinging dick in Bowling Green or wherever.
Old 9th November 2021, 02:48 PM   #130
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

No, you're not. The topics you're talking about is all branded media in the search results and none of it carrying interviews with anyone remotely like how you describe yourself. You're not working the media because when people search for Rand Paul and any of the key words you've used you don't make it in front of eyes.

Are you seriously talking about being click bait? Do you think this is how it works? It's not about being click bait. It's about having a strategy to get your message in front of eyes.

And don't tell me it's my fault for not finding your stuff. If I did, I wouldn't dox you of course. If you're trying to get a message out, it's your job to get it in front of me, not for me to go looking for it.
Craig4 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2021, 03:46 PM   #131
Venom
Philosopher

??
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 9th November 2021, 05:16 PM   #132
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Venom View Post
??
Earned media is basically getting news coverage. You go to an event, like say, putting flags on graves at a national cemetery on Veteran's Day and the local news covers you. You earned that media. You did something interesting enough to get on the news. Said media. (called branded media) puts you on their search results. CNN covered you and you were interesting enough that for anyone searching you, you're in their top five(ish) results (they pay for that). Your earned media strategy should be to do enough of the right interesting things that you not only get covered by branded media but your message gets covered as well.

Your interesting event might be to hand out food at a food bank but your message is ending food insecurity in food deserts. You do interesting things related to your message and your message gets covered by branded media.

Bought media or purchased media is media you pay Google or YouTube (also Google) or insert social media platform here, to make sure that your ad shows up in the first five search results (the first five is key) or that you're worked into their algorithms. If someone is interested in Rand Paul, Facebook will gladly help you make sure your media is in the news feed of that someone, for a price.

Click Bait, is putting out a man-bites-dog story that's more compelling and interesting than all the other man-bites-dog stories to make you click on it. 527 organizations engage in click baiting but it's not a great idea for candidates. To "stop the scroll" you need something pretty outlandish and voters might click on it but it if it's enough to stop their scroll, it's likely to enough to alienate them. It's a method 527s like because it conveys a negative message unassociated to an opposing candidate.
Old 9th November 2021, 06:45 PM   #133
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Earned media is basically getting news coverage. You go to an event, like say, putting flags on graves at a national cemetery on Veteran's Day and the local news covers you. You earned that media. You did something interesting enough to get on the news. Said media. (called branded media) puts you on their search results. CNN covered you and you were interesting enough that for anyone searching you, you're in their top five(ish) results (they pay for that). Your earned media strategy should be to do enough of the right interesting things that you not only get covered by branded media but your message gets covered as well.

Your interesting event might be to hand out food at a food bank but your message is ending food insecurity in food deserts. You do interesting things related to your message and your message gets covered by branded media.

Bought media or purchased media is media you pay Google or YouTube (also Google) or insert social media platform here, to make sure that your ad shows up in the first five search results (the first five is key) or that you're worked into their algorithms. If someone is interested in Rand Paul, Facebook will gladly help you make sure your media is in the news feed of that someone, for a price.

Click Bait, is putting out a man-bites-dog story that's more compelling and interesting than all the other man-bites-dog stories to make you click on it. 527 organizations engage in click baiting but it's not a great idea for candidates. To "stop the scroll" you need something pretty outlandish and voters might click on it but it if it's enough to stop their scroll, it's likely to enough to alienate them. It's a method 527s like because it conveys a negative message unassociated to an opposing candidate.
As an Independent there is no reason for me to worry about the primary vote I will not be running for any party.
Old 9th November 2021, 06:46 PM   #134
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

No, you're not. The topics you're talking about is all branded media in the search results and none of it carrying interviews with anyone remotely like how you describe yourself. You're not working the media because when people search for Rand Paul and any of the key words you've used you don't make it in front of eyes.

Are you seriously talking about being click bait? Do you think this is how it works? It's not about being click bait. It's about having a strategy to get your message in front of eyes.

And don't tell me it's my fault for not finding your stuff. If I did, I wouldn't dox you of course. If you're trying to get a message out, it's your job to get it in front of me, not for me to go looking for it.
Maybe I am waiting until after the Primary since I don't intend to run on a party Ticket.
Old 9th November 2021, 06:48 PM   #135
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

I'm sorry, but this all sounds very Internet Tough Guy. All hat and no cattle. All sizzle, no steak. Your mouth writing checks your ass can't cash. It's easy to talk about all the things you could do, to make a real difference.

I guess what Craig and I are asking is, what is it that you will do? What are you actually going to do, out there in Kentucky, to make your world a better place? What are you actually going to do, to help Booker win, or help Paul lose?

Are you actually going to campaign in Kentucky this year? If not, then it really doesn't matter what you could do to make the world a better place, but choose not to do. We should probably return to the topic of the thread, rather than these flights of fantasy about being a big swinging dick in Bowling Green or wherever.
I am Pretty sure I know how to get media attention after over 3500 interviews in my life time.
Old 9th November 2021, 06:54 PM   #136
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

It's not the Man bites dog story that's click bait now, it's the Dog Turning into a wear Human and getting a Job on Wall Street.
Old 10th November 2021, 03:10 AM   #137
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

It's not the Man bites dog story that's click bait now, it's the Dog Turning into a wear Human and getting a Job on Wall Street.
Yeah, that totally says capacity to govern.
Old 10th November 2021, 06:14 AM   #138
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Yeah, that totally says capacity to govern.
Hey we just had a Man who couldn't understand how the holes worked in IBM Paper punch cards in 1961 as president of the United States. The Media has nothing to do with capacity to govern.
Old 10th November 2021, 09:01 AM   #139
W.D.Clinger
Illuminator

I am Pretty sure I know how to get media attention after over 3500 interviews in my life time.

In the two and a half weeks since he started this thread, Crazy Chainsaw has already gotten more than 2300 clicks!!!!!
W.D.Clinger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 10th November 2021, 12:38 PM   #140
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Hey we just had a Man who couldn't understand how the holes worked in IBM Paper punch cards in 1961 as president of the United States. The Media has nothing to do with capacity to govern.
Yes, and your voter pool are the people who don't respond well to that sort of thing.
Old 10th November 2021, 12:39 PM   #141
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

And where are those interviews in the search results or algorithms?
Old 10th November 2021, 07:28 PM   #142
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

And where are those interviews in the search results or algorithms?
When I did them they were all over the world.
I have been Living a private life recently.
Old 11th November 2021, 07:46 PM   #143
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

When I did them they were all over the world.
I have been Living a private life recently.
In your opinion, what should Booker do to improve his chances?
Old 12th November 2021, 05:39 AM   #144
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

In your opinion, what should Booker do to improve his chances?
The Kentucky New Deal is being Laughed at in Western Kentucky, what he needs to do is take on Rand Paul, as an out of Touch Elitist, explain the new deal as a far deal, and compare Rand Paul to Alex Jones as a conspiracy theorist.
Old 12th November 2021, 10:41 AM   #145
Venom
Philosopher

Originally Posted by W.D.Clinger View Post
In the two and a half weeks since he started this thread, Crazy Chainsaw has already gotten more than 2300 clicks!!!!!
And my YouTube videos are up about that many views since.

I think CC has potential.
Venom is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 12th November 2021, 03:00 PM   #146
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

The Kentucky New Deal is being Laughed at in Western Kentucky, what he needs to do is take on Rand Paul, as an out of Touch Elitist, explain the new deal as a far deal, and compare Rand Paul to Alex Jones as a conspiracy theorist.
Dude, your state went to Trump by 30 points. They don't care if Rand Paul is tied to Alex Jones.
Old 12th November 2021, 04:25 PM   #147
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Dude, your state went to Trump by 30 points. They don't care if Rand Paul is tied to Alex Jones.
Some actually do.
Old 12th November 2021, 05:07 PM   #148
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Do the 30 percent of them in the delta between Trump and Biden?
Old 13th November 2021, 03:45 AM   #149
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Do the 30 percent of them in the delta between Trump and Biden?
I am breaking though even to long Time Republicans using their Evangelist beliefs against them to do so.
Old 13th November 2021, 06:53 AM   #150
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I am breaking though even to long Time Republicans using their Evangelist beliefs against them to do so.
Yes, well you have fun with that.
Old 26th November 2021, 03:21 PM   #151
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Dude, you're famous in the Kentucky art scene. That's another way of saying you're not famous. Got to a shopping mall and introduce yourself to random potential voters and see how many recognize your name.
Old 26th November 2021, 04:04 PM   #152
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Somehow I doubt it.
Old 26th November 2021, 05:18 PM   #153
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Somehow I doubt it.
Don't count the Hypocrites before they show themselves to be Hypocrites.
I have an excellent time making fun of the ones who stay on the side of dumb conspiracy theories.
Old 26th November 2021, 05:36 PM   #154
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I have an excellent time making fun of the ones who stay on the side of dumb conspiracy theories.
Dude, they know they are hypocrites they don't ******* care. They got their sexual predator and a woman who sees her relationship with her husband as the same as that between a dog owner and golden retriever on the SCOTUS. They're totally happy being hypocrites because they get the judges they want.
Old 26th November 2021, 05:48 PM   #155
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

This is exactly why I doubt you're changing anyone's mind. You're not expressing a coherent plan or even a coherent understanding of how to go about it. If your actual attempts at changing votes are on par with your ideas about the same, as expressed here, then I doubt very much you're having anything like the success you imagine.
Old 26th November 2021, 06:11 PM   #156
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I don't care if he's changing minds now.

You know why I was here on Thanksgiving for part of the day? Because I spent the morning on a Zoom workout while watching the Macey's Thanksgiving Day parade (we walked the parade route on a treadmill while watching the show).

After that and getting cleaned up, I made dressing (stuffing in pumpkins, you shouldn't really stuff a turkey they came out really well. I wish I'd taken pictures). I came in here while the stuffed pumpkins were in the oven. Then, I went to a friend/neighbor's house for dinner.

Why was CC here on Thanksgiving? He should have had donors, civil society, potential campaign talent over to his house for dinner, talking them up, getting money out of them and getting them to work on his campaign.

I honestly think you have potential running a 527. It took an entire senate to stab Caesar to death. You just have to wield one knife. Don't make it about you; make it about the goal.

Discipline of message, unity of effort.

Last edited by Craig4; 26th November 2021 at 06:14 PM.
Old 26th November 2021, 06:25 PM   #157
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

"Discipline of message." I like that. Has a certain ring to it. Also good advice. But discipline arises from accountability to another, or from singular focus. CC doesn't seem to hold himself accountable to anyone. Certainly not the voters he consistently insults and derides. There are signs of a singular focus, but it seems to produce the discipline of a crackpot, not that of a politician focused on winning an election. Though despising the people whose votes you seek is definitely on brand for a politician. A disciplined politician wouldn't make that part of their message, though.
Old 26th November 2021, 07:14 PM   #158
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

"Discipline of message." I like that. Has a certain ring to it. Also good advice. But discipline arises from accountability to another, or from singular focus. CC doesn't seem to hold himself accountable to anyone. Certainly not the voters he consistently insults and derides. There are signs of a singular focus, but it seems to produce the discipline of a crackpot, not that of a politician focused on winning an election. Though despising the people whose votes you seek is definitely on brand for a politician. A disciplined politician wouldn't make that part of their message, though.
I am accountable to everyone I will do what I say, I will do or die trying, that's what separates me from the Rest I an not interested in lying to people, just making this State better.
I am not a politician, just someone who knows we can do better.

Last edited by Crazy Chainsaw; 26th November 2021 at 07:15 PM.
Old 27th November 2021, 06:08 AM   #159
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

I am accountable to everyone I will do what I say, I will do or die trying, that's what separates me from the Rest I an not interested in lying to people, just making this State better.
I am not a politician, just someone who knows we can do better.
Not to go full Yoda on you, but this is why you fail.
Old 27th November 2021, 07:49 AM   #160
Crazy Chainsaw
Philosopher

Not to go full Yoda on you, but this is why you fail.
It could also be Why I succeed.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics