ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Congressional hearings , donald trump , impeachment , Trump administration , Trump controversies

Old 2nd December 2019, 07:48 AM   #281
TragicMonkey
Poisoned Waffles

Originally Posted by theprestige View Post
To me it implies that mainstream journalism is full of whores who print propaganda for money.
Fans of Russia Today know propaganda when they see it!
Old 2nd December 2019, 08:16 AM   #282
Steve
Philosopher

To me it implies that mainstream journalism is full of whores who print propaganda for money.
Do you agree with that implication?

If a person thinks that is true why imply it? why not just say so?

A person who thinks that is true should never link to a news article to support their own position.
Old 2nd December 2019, 08:56 AM   #283
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Steve View Post

A person who thinks that is true should never link to a news article to support their own position.
I'm not one to defend Childlike Empress nor the use of silly terms like "pre$$titute", but I think that's as explicit an implication as one could want. It's not a subtle term with ambiguous meaning.

Of course, the articles Childlike Empress links to are by real, dedicated and upright journalists. It is the other journalists who are pre$$titutes.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 08:57 AM   #284
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
Why? Do you want to argue with me about it? Let's back up a moment. I'm offering what I think is a better interpretation than Fast Eddie B's. That's all. I'm not even asking you to agree with it. The fact that you're even considering the alternative is enough for me.

Quote:
Don't know, don't care.

Quote:
Not my monkey, not my circus.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 09:59 AM   #285
WilliamSeger
Philosopher

Unsurprisingly, the Impeachment Debate is easily summarized:

WilliamSeger is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 10:29 AM   #286
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post

https://i.imgur.com/KPNaOyp.png
I like the little note at the bottom.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 11:01 AM   #287
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by The Great Zaganza View Post
I would be embarrassed to admit that I have no chance to win unless everyone makes sure I'm treated fairly .
He doesn't want to be treated "fairly". He's Daddy's special boy and should be able to get away with anything and everything.
Old 2nd December 2019, 11:08 AM   #288
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Ahhh!.... There it is! The koolaid has had its effect. The walking zombies of Trump supporters. Trump says "Fake news" enough times and they're mesmerized.

Everyone is lying but Trump. The press, the FBI, the CIA, the State Department.

Last edited by acbytesla; 2nd December 2019 at 11:09 AM.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 11:09 AM   #289
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by acbytesla View Post
Ahhh!.... There it is! The koolaid has had its effect. The walking zombies of Trump supporters. Trump says "Fake news" enough times and they're mesmerized.

Theprestige is, however, describing CE's point, not necessarily his own.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 11:19 AM   #290
Regnad Kcin
Philosopher

Originally Posted by varwoche View Post
Rudy is trying to explain the business deals he was pursuing from the same officials he was pressing to smear the Bidens. There was an offer from X but I didn't take it but then I thought about an offer from Y and then... It comes across like Elaine explaining that Art Vandelay is an importer AND an exporter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C286C02D-DDEA-423F-8EF4-69BE01B34370.jpg (94.8 KB, 4 views)
Old 2nd December 2019, 11:45 AM   #291
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

...the NSA, all of the Five Eyes partners, the Republican-led Senate Intelligence Committee, all of the twelve Foreign Service officials who testified at the hearings... all lied. Only Der Trumpenführer is telling the truth - and even if he isn't well there is noting wrong with that because he is the Trump Zombies' "Dear Leader", above both reproach and The Law.
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 11:54 AM   #292
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

“The American people are going to see this for what it is. It is a political effort by the Democrats, and the President certainly doesn’t have to aid in the Impeachment effort.” Robert Ray @MariaBartiromo
Democrats are getting “killed” in their home districts. 2020!

Breaking News: The President of Ukraine has just again announced that President Trump has done nothing wrong with respect to Ukraine and our interactions or calls. If the Radical Left Democrats were sane, which they are not, it would be case over!

“When the law enforcers turn out to be the law breakers, then we have totally upended the rule of law. Nobody is safe and everybody is in trouble. Our system of government is under attack.” @GovMikeHuckabee

The Do Nothing Democrats get 3 Constitutional lawyers for their Impeachment hoax (they will need them!), the Republicans get one. Oh, that sounds fair!

Thank you to Congressman Ben @Cline4Virginia for the Great remarks this morning on the illegitimate Impeachment Hoax. He understands the Do Nothing Democrats very well. Also, and as usual, @RepAndyBiggsAZ was fantastic!

The Republican Party has NEVER been so united! This Impeachment Scam is just a continuation of the 3 year Witch Hunt, but it is only bringing us even closer together!

Great job by @RepDougCollins of Georgia over the weekend in representing the Republican Party, and myself, against the Impeachment Hoax!
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 11:55 AM   #293
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Everyone is lying but Trump.
Everyone is lying including Trump. But I was just describing what I understand to be CE's position. You need to stop thinking of it as my position.
theprestige is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 12:13 PM   #294
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Half of America wants Trump removed from office. The press keep shrugging that off.

"The most important impeachment story that most of the press continues to look away from is the fact that one of our two major political parties in this country no longer deals in facts and reality, and instead has willingly burrowed itself into a world of lies and fantasy, specifically when it comes to the issues surrounding impeachment.

In fact, some Republican officials are now actively working alongside a Kremlin disinformation campaign regarding Ukraine's role in American elections.

If more journalists openly acknowledged this crucial development regarding the GOP, the fact that Republicans aren't willing to support impeachment would no longer be treated as "news," and the press wouldn't portray Democrats as failing with their impeachment messaging. What's also completely lacking is any kind of historical context regarding how awful those impeachment poll numbers are for Trump.

When Republicans in the House spent 1998 impeaching Bill Clinton, Americans across the board rejected the inquiry. At no point during the partisan process did more than 30% of Americans support impeachment, and most of the time that number hovered around 25%. Republicans categorically failed to change the nation's mind about Clinton, who famously weathered the political storm with historically high approval ratings, logging a staggering 71% approval rating in a Pew Research poll.

Today, more than twice as many Americans support the impeachment of a Republican president than supported the impeachment of a Democratic president two decades ago. Yet the press portrays the Trump impeachment as a political and public relations failure for Democrats. How does that work exactly? Note that it wasn't until July 1974, one month before President Richard Nixon resigned, that a plurality of Americans finally agreed that he should be forced from office. Today, a plurality already feels that way about Trump, yet the press shrugs."

You can read the whole article here

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...paign=trending
smartcooky is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 12:18 PM   #295
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Trump will not participate in impeachment hearing, White House says

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50625550
So predictable

Waah! the Democrats are holding hearings in secret.
Waah! the Democrats are holding hearings in public.
Waah! the Democrats won't let Trump testify, call witnesses, or have his lawyers there.
Waah! the Democrats are holding a sham hearing, I won't participate.
Old 2nd December 2019, 12:23 PM   #296
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
This has nothing to do with his attendance.

The lawyers said they won't bother with a hearing on the history and legal issues of impeachment. They have not said whether they will attend later hearings. Even if they do, there's no reason to think that Trump will be there.

Honestly, not attending Wednesday's session is reasonable. If the attorneys think the case against impeachment and/or removal won't be based on legal considerations of what constitutes an impeachable offense, then they have little reason to attend. Not sure how they intend to make their case, really. Probably leave it to the GOP Senators to come up with some reason for the nigh inevitable acquittal.
Are you seriously defending Trump's BS dodges?
Old 2nd December 2019, 12:27 PM   #297
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Skeptic Ginger View Post
Easy. There's nothing in it for Trump.
Except it would signal his minions that it's OK to commit federal crimes undertaken to protect Trump, and that stonewalling will be rewarded. But that's only good as long as Trump remains in office, and quite a few must not think that's a slam-dunk.

It's the other side of witness intimidation.

Meanwhile, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Mike Pence has signed a legal document promising to pardon Trump for any federal offenses Trump may find himself charged with.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 12:42 PM   #298
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Everyone is lying including Trump. But I was just describing what I understand to be CE's position. You need to stop thinking of it as my position.
Sorry. But one doesn't make the other true. I don't buy that all these other institutions are lying. That false equivalence is a pile of fecal matter.

I don't buy that
  • Russia expert for the National Security Council Fiona Hill
  • Ambassador Yovanovitch
  • Special Envoy to the Ukraine Kurt Volker
  • Intelligence community inspector general Michael Atkinson
  • Deputy Assistant Secretary George Kent
  • Senior adviser to Secretary of State Michael McKinley
  • Ambassador Bill Taylor
  • Deputy assistant secretary of defense Laura Cooper
  • Acting assistant secretary of European and Eurasian affairs Philip Reeker
  • Army Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman
  • Special adviser to Kurt Volker Christopher Anderson
  • National Security Council senior director for Europe and Russia Tim Morrison
  • Special adviser to Vice President Mike Pence for Europe Russia Jennifer Williams
  • Political counselor at U.S. embassy in Ukraine David Holmes
are all lying.

Although it appears that Ambassador Sondland perjured himself again when he testified about a phone call where Trump said he wanted nothing from Ukraine. There are absolutely NO records of that call. None.

This game where Trump supporters ignore reality or try and say "everyone does it" is sad and it's dangerous.

Last edited by acbytesla; 2nd December 2019 at 12:43 PM.
acbytesla is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 12:55 PM   #299
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by WilliamSeger View Post

Old 2nd December 2019, 12:56 PM   #300
Belz...
Fiend God

Everyone is lying including Trump.
Pointless equivocation. One person tells his wife he loves her chocolate pudding, another lies about giving nuclear codes to terrorists. But everybody lies, right?

Old 2nd December 2019, 01:03 PM   #301
Skeptic Ginger
Nasty Woman

Originally Posted by Minoosh View Post
Except it would signal his minions that it's OK to commit federal crimes undertaken to protect Trump, and that stonewalling will be rewarded. But that's only good as long as Trump remains in office, and quite a few must not think that's a slam-dunk.

It's the other side of witness intimidation.

Meanwhile, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Mike Pence has signed a legal document promising to pardon Trump for any federal offenses Trump may find himself charged with.
I don't think there's a direct route in rewards for Trump in the highlighted ^.
Old 2nd December 2019, 01:08 PM   #302
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by smartcooky View Post
"The most important impeachment story that most of the press continues to look away from is the fact that one of our two major political parties in this country no longer deals in facts and reality, and instead has willingly burrowed itself into a world of lies and fantasy, specifically when it comes to the issues surrounding impeachment.

In fact, some Republican officials are now actively working alongside a Kremlin disinformation campaign regarding Ukraine's role in American elections.

If more journalists openly acknowledged this crucial development regarding the GOP, the fact that Republicans aren't willing to support impeachment would no longer be treated as "news," and the press wouldn't portray Democrats as failing with their impeachment messaging. What's also completely lacking is any kind of historical context regarding how awful those impeachment poll numbers are for Trump.
Interesting analysis! Especially in the context of our discussion about the press. Do you think Kos is right, and the press really is looking away from the most important story? Why would they do that? Corruption? Incompetence?
Old 2nd December 2019, 01:11 PM   #303
Belz...
Fiend God

Interesting analysis! Especially in the context of our discussion about the press. Do you think Kos is right, and the press really is looking away from the most important story? Why would they do that? Corruption? Incompetence?
A desperate desire to appear neutral, perhaps?

Old 2nd December 2019, 01:25 PM   #304
theprestige
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
A desperate desire to appear neutral, perhaps?
Perhaps. But why would the press be desperate? And since when is neutrality incompatible with reporting the most important stories?
Old 2nd December 2019, 01:58 PM   #305
PhantomWolf
Penultimate Amazing

Media today has had it drilled into them that they have to be "fair" and have taken that to mean that they have to treat each side as if they are as equal in validity. It's not just politics either. See how the media treats the stupidity of things like Flat Earth.

It means that regardless of how much evidence there is for one side, and how crazy the other is, the Media have to treat them as equivalent or else they are accused of being biased and unfair.

It must be fun to lead a life completely unburdened by reality. -- JayUtah
I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question. -- Charles Babbage (1791-1871)

PhantomWolf is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 02:25 PM   #306
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Extreme partisanship is incompatible with the appearance of neutrality. Therefore it's problematic to present an article developing the idea that the biggest story is that Republicans are a bunch of whores getting paid to spread propaganda for money. You absolutely don't have to believe this, but my experience is that many reporters are committed to being as fair as possible. They also want to get the facts right. And if they fail, they write corrections. Do you think politicians come anywhere close to this standard?

Reporters get paid because it's their job. If they work for an openly partisan media outlet, they will write articles with a partisan slant. But if they're a major middle-of-the-road daily, network or cable news outlet, they will take pains to present "both sides." They can find people who will say that the problem is that Republicans have become irredeemable scum-suckers, but then they feel duty-bound to find someone to present the " other side." And they will find people who say that's all wrong, it's the Democrats who are irredeemable scrum-sucking whores. So you end up with a "he said, she said" story, which doesn't illuminate anything. And that's unsatisfying for both the writer and the reader.

Kos is just venting. They know very well why major news outlets are ignoring the so-called story.

I haven't actually read the piece, though. Just going by excerpts.

A critic is entitled to believe that the mainstream news media is biased, but I hope they check their own preferred outlets for signs of bias as well. I'm not naive enough to say that everyone in the MSM wants to be fair, but a lot do. It's part of their own deep idealism.

The real bias IMO is not conservative vs. liberal. It's more that the media is biased toward sensationalism, conflict and drama. They want ears, eyeballs and clicks. Like most businesses, they want metrics to assess if they are executing their business plan. I grew disenchanted with CNN's wall-to-wall Trump coverage a long time ago, but when it comes to direct quotes or excerpts from documents, it's usually OK.

There's no easy fix for that potential problem except to practice a certain amount of skepticism. Check what other outlets are saying. Get a less-filtered view from C-SPAN. Seek out sources that aren't so U.S.-centric. Try the PBS News Hour for a more in-depth treatment. Etc. A lot of people aren't going to bother, but some will.

Last edited by Minoosh; 2nd December 2019 at 02:43 PM.
Minoosh is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 03:03 PM   #307
smartcooky
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by PhantomWolf View Post
Media today has had it drilled into them that they have to be "fair" and have taken that to mean that they have to treat each side as if they are as equal in validity. It's not just politics either. See how the media treats the stupidity of things like Flat Earth.

It means that regardless of how much evidence there is for one side, and how crazy the other is, the Media have to treat them as equivalent or else they are accused of being biased and unfair.
This is exactly why they are ignoring the really big story

Once, the Republicans were the party of defending America against the Red Threat - the defenders of Democracy and Capitalism and Human Rights, the party that carried out espionage against the old adversary, Russia (in the guise of the Soviet Union), the party that fought the Cold War in order to prevent Nuclear War.

Now they are the party of collusion. It wasn't just the Trump campaign that conspired with the Russians, the whole damn party is in cahoots with those very same Russians; parroting Putin's talking points and and helping to spread his conspiracy theories.

As a side note; they are also the party of cruelty, inspired by Stephen "Heinrich" Miller whose white supremacist stance drives the abject cruelty we are seeing at the southern border. I never thought that, in my lifetime, an American government would separate thousands of children from their families, and then imprison them in cages. Its a disgrace
Old 2nd December 2019, 03:37 PM   #308
Captain_Swoop
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Just landed in the United Kingdom, heading to London for NATO meetings tomorrow. Prior to landing I read the Republicans Report on the Impeachment Hoax. Great job! Radical Left has NO CASE. Read the Transcripts. Shouldn’t even be allowed. Can we go to Supreme Court to stop?
Captain_Swoop is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 03:53 PM   #309
Fast Eddie B
Philosopher

Can we go to Supreme Court to stop?
Ummmm....no.
Old 2nd December 2019, 03:55 PM   #310
Minoosh
Penultimate Amazing

Trump Tweets

Just landed in the United Kingdom, heading to London for NATO meetings tomorrow. Prior to landing I read the Republicans Report on the Impeachment Hoax. Great job! Radical Left has NO CASE. Read the Transcripts. Shouldn’t even be allowed. Can we go to Supreme Court to stop?
If he's floating this as a trial balloon, I'm hoping his lawyers will pounce.
Old 2nd December 2019, 04:02 PM   #311
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

theprestige was just saying what CE meant. He didn't say whether he agrees or not.
phiwum is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 04:10 PM   #312
Childlike Empress
Ewige Blumenkraft

Originally Posted by phiwum View Post
theprestige was just saying what CE meant. He didn't say whether he agrees or not.

And he was close to it but as always it is more complicated.

I wasn't sharing an article like you said, though, I was drawing attention to the FOIA releases about Giuliani's activities and subsequently narrowed the realm of interesting information. Going further on that road, we learn what the two prosecutor generals, Shokin, the one who was fired due to quid pro quo pressure by creepy Uncle Joe (the talking points why that happened are just too dumb to repeat), and his predecessor Lutsenko, who stopped the investigations into Burisma, said about the events taking place - explicitly agreeing with each other. Followed by an interesting timeline apparently compiled by Rudy himself.

So this is not information received through any "journalist" or "pre$$titute" filter, but things you can learn about by yourselves more easily thanks to me.

Last edited by Childlike Empress; 2nd December 2019 at 04:12 PM.
Childlike Empress is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 04:51 PM   #313
Suddenly
No Punting

Originally Posted by Fast Eddie B View Post
Ummmm....no.
The sad thing is that it would probably be 5-4.

People keep underestimating the depth of conservative nihilism.
Suddenly is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 05:03 PM   #314
slyjoe
Graduate Poster

Trump Tweets

Obvious lie.
"You have done nothing to demonstrate an understanding of scientific methodology or modern skepticism, both of which are, by necessity, driven by the facts and evidence, not by preconceptions, and both of which are strengthened by, and rely upon, change." - Arkan Wolfshade
slyjoe is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 05:13 PM   #315
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Trump Tweets

LOL! Like Trump would have read the 123 page report! He had his lickspittles tell him what was in in it.
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 05:46 PM   #316
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Perhaps. But why would the press be desperate? And since when is neutrality incompatible with reporting the most important stories?
The desire to appear neutral can be incompatible with any story where the facts really are on one side. The obvious way to convey neutrality is giving air time to "both sides", but in some issues, one side really is on the side of the facts.

An example is climate change. There are no legitimate arguments that climate change isn't happening and there is ample evidence that it is caused by man's alteration of the environment. A journalist committed to appearing neutral may be tempted to give air time to poor arguments contrary to the evidence, while the audience may not be well-informed or competent enough to recognize the weakness of such arguments. The result is the appearance of controversy where there is none.

Now, whether that applies to press coverage of impeachment is a matter of perspective. I watched MTP Daily today and, while it's not strictly speaking a news program, I thought the host (Tur) could have toned down her opinions a bit for a better presentation. My point here is not about impeachment coverage but a simple observation that the desire to appear neutral can lead to misleading reporting in some instances.
Old 2nd December 2019, 05:55 PM   #317
phiwum
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Childlike Empress View Post
And he was close to it but as always it is more complicated.

I wasn't sharing an article like you said, though, I was drawing attention to the FOIA releases about Giuliani's activities and subsequently narrowed the realm of interesting information. Going further on that road, we learn what the two prosecutor generals, Shokin, the one who was fired due to quid pro quo pressure by creepy Uncle Joe (the talking points why that happened are just too dumb to repeat), and his predecessor Lutsenko, who stopped the investigations into Burisma, said about the events taking place - explicitly agreeing with each other. Followed by an interesting timeline apparently compiled by Rudy himself.

So this is not information received through any "journalist" or "pre$$titute" filter, but things you can learn about by yourselves more easily thanks to me.
I didn't say that you were sharing an article in the recent post. You have shared articles before, and presumably those are by good and upright journalists, not "pre$$titutes".
Old 2nd December 2019, 06:41 PM   #318
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/02/polit...iry/index.html

Wow, who'd have thought there were Trumptrash who could write?
Old 2nd December 2019, 07:01 PM   #319
Stacyhs
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/02/polit...iry/index.html

Wow, who'd have thought there were Trumptrash who could write?
Their report reminds me of defense lawyers in court:

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the prosecution's security camera video of my client pulling out his gun and shooting the deceased in the back doesn't prove, in any way, that my client actually killed the victim. Mr. Smith was still alive when taken to the hospital by ambulance but was deceased upon arrival. Who's to say the EMT's are not responsible for Mr. Smith's death? Of course the EMT's deny they caused Mr. Smith's death, but did anyone witness them actually trying to save Mr. Smith's life? NO! How dare the prosecution try to pin this on my client!
Stacyhs is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 07:07 PM   #320
acbytesla
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Stacyhs View Post
Their report reminds me of defense lawyers in court:

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, the prosecution's security camera video of my client pulling out his gun and shooting the deceased in the back doesn't prove, in any way, that my client actually killed the victim. Mr. Smith was still alive when taken to the hospital by ambulance but was deceased upon arrival. Who's to say the EMT's are not responsible for Mr. Smith's death? Of course the EMT's deny they caused Mr. Smith's death, but did anyone witness them actually trying to save Mr. Smith's life? NO! How dare the prosecution try to pin this on my client!

The Republicans today. Gaslighting the world.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » USA Politics