ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Jeffrey Epstein , satanic conspiracies

Old 29th November 2019, 12:57 PM   #121
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Ummmm. You realise that the bible is fiction, right? Right?
People acted it out, did they not? What do you think Passover is all about? Hmmm?
Or will you stop once and wonder
What you're doing it for. ~ Nick Drake
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2019, 12:58 PM   #122
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
None of this has anything to do with Satanism.
Perhaps I'm not making myself clear.
DO YOU HAVE ANY EVIDENCE THAT EPSTEIN, THE CLINTONS, THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY AND PRINCE ANDREW AND THE REST OF THE BRITISH ROYAL FAMILY ARE SATANISTS?
Having mass orgies with young females in temples covered in occult symbols can't really be described as anything else.
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2019, 01:00 PM   #123
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post
What part of "this guy was insanely rich" has you confused?
Seriously? Do you really think a tacky lingerie company is going to make you a net worth individual of $550m on paper - before liquidation of assets - and have you A-listed in society parties?
Old 29th November 2019, 01:01 PM   #124
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
OMG first the Satanist pedophiles take over pizza and now they want to despoil Indian food too. This is a step too far. Something must be done.
At least we know exactly why and how Gates and Bezos are wealthy.
Old 29th November 2019, 01:03 PM   #125
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
I'm going to guess that when they built it 700 years ago they didn't choose a magnetic compass to find North.

I'm going to further guess that whoever built Epstein's giant representation of a magnetic compass aligned it with an actual magnetic compass.
Note the care with alignment?
Old 29th November 2019, 01:05 PM   #126
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Disbelief View Post
What next, you'll complain the Kardashians are popular too? It's America, people make or fake it all the time for no particular reason that we can fathom.
Epstein wasn't even popular or a celebrity. Nobody had heard of him until he snuffed it.
Old 29th November 2019, 01:16 PM   #127
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Mossad (read CIA)

Quote:
It is likely Epstein is something similar
Likely? Based on what?

Seriously? Do you really think a tacky lingerie company is going to make you a net worth individual of $550m on paper - before liquidation of assets - and have you A-listed in society parties?
Nice dodge.

Do you think that what you describe is going to do the trick? For pete's sake, just a few posts prior you explain how Epstein got his wealth.

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2019, 01:17 PM   #128
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Trebuchet View Post
That takes me to the "temple", before the golden dome blew off.

I find the sundial at 18.299837, -64.825603. I don't see directions marked on it, just times.
The directions are on the compass rose, at 18.302541, -64.823517. It does appear to align with North. Two separate installations.
Note the "N" on the compass rose appears to be on its side. That's probably so it looks right from the nearby main house. The sundial is further away.

ETA: Decent picture of the sundial in this article. No compass points on it, just Roman numerals for times.
ETAA: Oops, forgot the link. Added. And here's a crackpot tweet with one of the compass rose.

Here's a non-crackpot reply to that tweet:

Quote:
Replying to
@TrueQanuck11
Satanists will use symbols to signal each other that are otherwise harmless in the eyes of normal people. They perform occult rituals following the sun, moon and stars as well as the compass due to magnetism which they attribute magical powers to quite ignorantly.
It is science.
Old 29th November 2019, 01:22 PM   #129
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
The sundial has a sunburst design painted (or inlaid, or something) on it, with sixteen "rays." Eight of them (the ones aligned with the dial's compass points, whether or not it's aligned with true N-S) have straight edges and the other eight in between have curvy flame-like edges.

The sun's face is serene, with an art style similar to what I've often seen on the painted artwork of the sunrise-sunset or moon phase dials of antique grandfather clocks. It looks about as satanic as dogs playing poker that picture of Jesus surrounded by little children the Taco Bell logo never mind, it looks less satanic than anything else I can think of.

There are international illegal drug rings because people will pay a lot of money for illegal drugs. There are international illicit sex rings because people will pay a lot of money for illicit sex. There are international military weapons rings because people will pay a lot for military weapons. How much will people pay to worship Satan? You could buy out an entire Hot Topic for the price of one small drug, sex, or weapons deal.
In the same way you don't need to be a 'believer' to attend a Christian Church, Mosque or Synagogue in order to join in with the rituals, likewise people who like the idea of sex orgies with young teens will use occult themed meeting places to join in.

Suppose you are a man who has no chance finding a girlfriend aged 18 or younger. The idea of going to an occult themed group rituals which you've heard involves lots of sex with teenage girls, is your perfect excuse to indulge.
Old 29th November 2019, 01:26 PM   #130
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Allen773 View Post
Epstein’s “in” to wealth and power was as a young Bear Sterns executive who used his apparently genuine mathematical “genius” - taking advantage of Reagan-era deregulation - to come up with all kinds of ways to make obscene money on Wall Street. His relationship with Les Wexner and the way he cultivated his own mystique (“the talented Mr. Epstein” who only took on billionaires as clients for his wealth management firm), combined with his shrewdness in funding top scientists, cultivating ties to top politicians, and establishing a reputation as a leading New York “socialite” who knew everyone who was Somebody, all served to make Epstein someone people were wary of asking too many questions about, whether it was the source of his wealth or what all of those girls were doing with him on that island he owned...

Nothing Satanic about it, unless by “Satanic” you simply mean “evil”, a sentiment with which I can’t disagree.
I've known lots of city traders,MBA's, property developers and although they can become rich - often very rich -no way have they risen to the ranks of debauched island parties with heads of state and what have you.

ETA: I wouldn't say it was evil in a priggish middle-England way but as the antithesis of Christianity, Judaism, Islam, etcetera, as impregnating as many as 50 young teens at a time, as was Epstein's plan, is definitely not going to be good for the nuclear family or the gene pool if the offspring don't know who is brother or sister.

Last edited by Vixen; 29th November 2019 at 01:30 PM.
Old 29th November 2019, 01:32 PM   #131
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Who are actually Satanists, according to Vixen, because of Egyptian obelisks placed in Rome by Romans., who were Masons, and therefore Satanists.

No, I don't get it either. Ask Vixen.
Roman Catholic Italy, with its heavy symbolism, is absolutely awash with mason lodges and satanists
Old 29th November 2019, 01:33 PM   #132
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

You are just desperate for this to be true. Why is that?

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2019, 01:33 PM   #133
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
The Catholic Church springs to mind.
Exactly.
Old 29th November 2019, 01:35 PM   #134
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Robin View Post
The Satanists I have ever met have been gentle respectable souls with rather sedate sexual habits so if Epstein had been running a global Satanic ring things might not have been so bad.

As it is he procured children for rich men to rape and largely got away with it because powerful people winked at his activities.
The satanists I once knew had long black hair (guys) headbanged to Black Sabbath and thought prancing around Highgate Cemetery in the middle of the night was fun.
Old 29th November 2019, 01:38 PM   #135
DevilsAdvocate
Philosopher

Having mass orgies with young females in temples covered in occult symbols can't really be described as anything else.
It could be described as Friday night at the Sigma Pi house.
Old 29th November 2019, 01:40 PM   #136
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

You are just desperate for this to be true. Why is that?
How often do you beat your wife?
Old 29th November 2019, 01:48 PM   #137
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
It could be described as Friday night at the Sigma Pi house.
I doubt that very much.

Quote:
By committing to Sigma Pi, Brothers also strive to follow the five ideals as expressed in the Sigma Pi Creed. It is the guide and ideal around which a brother patterns his life.

I Believe in Sigma Pi,
a Fellowship of kindred minds,
united in Brotherhood
to advance Truth and Justice,
to promote Scholarship,
to encourage Chivalry,
to diffuse Culture,
and to develop Character,
in the Service of God and Man,
and I will strive to make real the Fraternity's ideals in my own daily life.[20]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sigma_Pi
Old 29th November 2019, 02:34 PM   #138
Elagabalus
Illuminator

Exactly.
So this is some Judeo-Cathy Conspiracy?
Elagabalus is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2019, 02:42 PM   #139
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

How often do you beat your wife?
What wife?

abaddon is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2019, 02:44 PM   #140
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Elagabalus View Post
So this is some Judeo-Cathy Conspiracy?
All I am saying is that where you have an establishment, you will find its antithesis.

For example, you have the police (law enforcers) and the lawmakers (politicians). What do we find? Organised crime outfits.

Drugs against the law? Enter the drug cultists. Homosexuals against the law? It just goes underground.

Catholic Church, with its Virgin Mary's, Saints, Angels, Jesus, baptism, Holy Communion.

Enter a band of people who will blaspheme this as its opposite, satanism.

Claiming satanism doesn't exist is clearly nonsense.
Old 29th November 2019, 02:46 PM   #141
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

What wife?
What desperation?
Old 29th November 2019, 02:48 PM   #142
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

The satanists I once knew had long black hair (guys) headbanged to Black Sabbath and thought prancing around Highgate Cemetery in the middle of the night was fun.
Yeah, that is the cartoon version endorsed by christians.

Old 29th November 2019, 02:51 PM   #143
EHocking
Philosopher

What wife?
Take my wife.

Please
[/Rodney Dangerfield]
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2019, 02:56 PM   #144
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

All I am saying is that where you have an establishment, you will find its antithesis.
So what? Some people are contrarian, or like to wind up people who believe in superstitious nonsense. It is not anything new.

For example, you have the police (law enforcers) and the lawmakers (politicians). What do we find? Organised crime outfits.
Correlation is not causation.

Drugs against the law? Enter the drug cultists. Homosexuals against the law? It just goes underground.
Legalise them. End of problem.

Catholic Church, with its Virgin Mary's, Saints, Angels, Jesus, baptism, Holy Communion.
What about it? It just another absurd belief like all the others.

Enter a band of people who will blaspheme this as its opposite, satanism.
There is no real thing as is called blasphemy in common parlance. Just various cults that are so fragile that any disagreement is a threat to them. They can all go to whatever imaginary hell it is that they have pulled from their fundament.

Claiming satanism doesn't exist is clearly nonsense.
Claiming that Satanism does not exist as described from your fevered imagination is perfectly valid.

Old 29th November 2019, 03:02 PM   #145
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

People acted it out, did they not? What do you think Passover is all about? Hmmm?
People act out all kinds of things from the magic book all the time. That does not make it real. It just demonstrates how gullible some people can be.

Old 29th November 2019, 03:12 PM   #146
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

My theory is that OPs unsupported satanic theory is trotted out because they're running interference for the real power behind Epstein: Perkele, Finnish god of thunder.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2019, 03:23 PM   #147
Spektator
Watching . . . always watching.

Originally Posted by EHocking View Post
Take my wife.

Please
[/Henny Youngman]
Let me adjust that, sir.
Spektator is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2019, 04:15 PM   #148
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
My theory is that OPs unsupported satanic theory is trotted out because they're running interference for the real power behind Epstein: Perkele, Finnish god of thunder.
Perkele might have been a thunder god but that does NOT count as satanism.
Satan is found in the Abrahamic religions.

Quote:
Satan,[a] also known as the Devil,[b] is an entity in the Abrahamic religions that seduces humans into sin or falsehood. In Christianity and Islam, he is usually seen as either a fallen angel or a jinn, who used to possess great piety and beauty, but rebelled against God, who nevertheless allows him temporary power over the fallen world and a host of demons. In Judaism, Satan is typically regarded as a metaphor for the yetzer hara, or "evil inclination", or as an agent subservient to God.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satan

The name Satan hardly ever occurs in the bible except in Job and Revelation. Jesus mentions him jut once when he says he saw Satan falling from the sky.

His other name Lucifer, meaning the shining one, indicates he was supposedly extraordinarily beautiful and full of angelic light.

Usually the 'devil' is referred to in the Bible as one of the Egyptian gods by the generic name Ba'al, Beelzebub or a goddess, Astorath. Ba'al as decried by Moses on the mount was depicted as a bull. We see the worship of Egyptian deities in freemasonery, thus it is correct to equate it with 'satanism' as it uses all kinds of Ancient Egyptian symbolism and has animal and bird gods, such as the jackal or the Ibis.

Epstein's lavish use of this symbolism may well be based on pretentiousness but it is unmistakably there, whether his entourage took it seriously or not.
Old 29th November 2019, 04:26 PM   #149
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Of course all sorts of things are possible, but I think it's a mistake to "forget the salacious sex stories." Salacious sex, and the compromises, scandals, lies, empty justifications, tradeoffs and scandals that accompany it, turn out to be behind a lot. Face it. Men will do a whole lot of stupid things for sex, and judging from what happens in the news every day, it seems the more power and wealth you have and the more to lose, the stupider the decisions. People give up careers, freedom, reputations, presidencies, for a forbidden tryst, a juicy deviation, even for a grope in a washroom or a blow job in the halls of power. No devils need apply.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2019, 04:30 PM   #150
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Okay, so only Abrahamic mythological creatures count as Satan.
We see the worship of Egyptian deities in freemasonery, thus it is correct to equate it with 'satanism'
Except when they don't...

And somehow 'its correct to call it satanism because a non-satanic cult uses this non-satanic deity as a symbol' doesn't really persuade me.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2019, 04:38 PM   #151
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

You know what's really Satanic? Owls.
Weird big eyes, up all night, ears that aren't ears, and to top it all off:
THEY ARE IN HARRY POTTER! You can't get much more Satanic than Harry Potter.
Old 29th November 2019, 05:02 PM   #152
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Jesus in the Gospels promises spiritual rewards to those who give up material wealth and power to follow Him.

Satanists believe their lord rewards their devotion to him with material wealth and power.

So do modern "prosperity gospel" Christians.

Jesus in the Gospels said that the meek, the pure in heart, and the peacemakers are among the blessed.

Satanists believe they are entitled to dominate and rule others by virtue of their superior strength of will.

So do present-day Christian dominionists.

If you're looking for the real satanists in oddball esoteric temples, you're looking in the wrong place.

Last edited by Myriad; 29th November 2019 at 05:04 PM.
Myriad is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 29th November 2019, 08:54 PM   #153
Axxman300
Illuminator

So what your saying is that YOU get to define satanism and nobody else. I ask only because a lot of people were burned at the stake by good Christians for holding onto beliefs in those old god because it was "Satanic" to do so.

The Israelites didn't have a devil until after the Babylonian Captivity where they adopted that culture's devil as their own.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satan

Quote:
His other name Lucifer, meaning the shining one, indicates he was supposedly extraordinarily beautiful and full of angelic light.
And that's from Milton, not any holy books.

Quote:
Usually the 'devil' is referred to in the Bible as one of the Egyptian gods by the generic name Ba'al, Beelzebub
Baal and Beelzebub are the same thing, the later is an adaptation of the former and NEITHER IS EGYPTIAN. Baal is Canaanite.

Quote:
or a goddess, Astorath.
Not sure you have this name right, but not surprised.

Quote:
We see the worship of Egyptian deities in freemasonery, thus it is correct to equate it with 'satanism' as it uses all kinds of Ancient Egyptian symbolism and has animal and bird gods, such as the jackal or the Ibis.
Who is "we"? Because this is anti-Masonic propaganda that goes all the way back.

Here's what you left out and it's important: Satan, as written in the Bible (both books), work for God. His job is to temp humans into doing evil things and then tell God he's totally blown it and maybe it's time to wipe out humanity and try something else. We get to see this in detail while Jesus is out in the desert fasting. Satan's out there pestering him trying to get him to give up and head back into town for a cake and wine and lamb and maybe pizza. After a couple of days in the wilderness pizza must have sounded pretty good but Jesus held out and proved his worth and so on and so forth.

Here's the thing about Satanism, it's inherently dumb. Evil is a human creation, not the devil's.

Hence Epstein and his friends were and are worse than the devil.

Quote:
Epstein's lavish use of this symbolism may well be based on pretentiousness but it is unmistakably there, whether his entourage took it seriously or not.
I think his use of symbolism was a way of mocking people like you. I think he decorated the place to impress the easily impressed into thinking he was more important than he truly was.
Old 29th November 2019, 09:04 PM   #154
Axxman300
Illuminator

Epstein wasn't even popular or a celebrity. Nobody had heard of him until he snuffed it.
Nobody?

You're research skills need work, and that's apart from your poor Satan histories.

Before he was charged in Florida few people knew him because that's the way he wanted it. But the right people knew him because he networked his way into those circles.
Old 29th November 2019, 09:38 PM   #155
Axxman300
Illuminator

You are missing what is in plain sight. The ONLY source of Epstein's great wealth was via Wexner's Victoria's Secrets. The guy gave Epstein Power of Attorney, together with his New York mansion and other estates. He claims he was swindled BUT why hand over Power of Attorney (=carte blanche in your affairs? This guy was a nobody. (Or sometime 'pianist' [careful], 'scientist', 'financier'.)
Not that simple. He worked at Bear Stearns from 1976 to 1981 and made a favorable impression on the CEO and others at the top of that company. He started his own money management company and yes, Les Wexner was his biggest client, but not his only client. Epstein company ONLY handed billionaires, and thus the commissions were automatically tremendous.

Epstein's company is now called Financial Trust Co. and is based in the Virgin Islands, which should be a giant red flag with "Nos Pecunia Lavabit" written in gold letters on both sides.

He invested heavily in Hedge Funds and real estate.

Epsteins' fortune is not that mysterious when you factor in criminal enterprise at the levels he is known to operate from.

Quote:
Fact is, it has long been claimed Czech-born Robert Maxwell was a signed up Mossad (read CIA) agent. It is likely Epstein is something similar - see the Maxwell connection. He was funded by Mossadd/CIA in a mass blackmailing foreign-interference operation
Claims are not proof.

Mossad is not the CIA.

Epstein had connections with powerful people from around the globe and this with certainly make him interesting to the CIA, Mossad, MI6, and everyone in between including the FSB. This would make Epstein and ASSET not an AGENT. First off, you have to join the CIA and Epstein didn't finish college and you need to be a college graduate to work at the CIA. Second, the CIA doesn't have agents, the CIA has officers. So anyone claiming Epstein was a CIA agent doesn't know enough about the CIA to get the nomenclature correct.

Quote:
With hidden cameras in every room it is likely there are a lot of nervous statesmen, royalty, ex-prime ministers, POTUS and ex-POTUS, scientists, attorneys out there wondering whether they are on tape.
They don't have to wonder, they'd know because they'd get a copy of their video glory along with a request for favors. That is how blackmail works.

Quote:
Forget the salacious sex stories, the real story is who is behind this international ring, undermining public morals and blackmailing the rich and famous.
And this is your problem. You are willing to overlook rape in your quest to expose your phantom cabal. If there is a larger group out there you are doing their work for them.
Old 30th November 2019, 12:33 AM   #156
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
This would only apply to Epstein, not the rest of the names I have repeatedly asked you about- you know, those people you have accused but have still not provided any evidence for.
Occult does not mean Satanist. Do some research.
So, once again: what evidence do you have showing that the British Royal family, the Democrats or Epstein himself were or are Satanists?
How hard can this be?
Old 30th November 2019, 01:37 AM   #157
This is The End

To be fair, there are satanic people. And if anyone is going to be satanic, people who have sex with 12 year olds is a very likely vector.

The odds of us finding out Epstein was satanic are quite a bit higher than the odds of finding out any particular individual person is.
Old 30th November 2019, 08:38 AM   #158
Trebuchet
Penultimate Amazing

This thread is WAY more interesting than the other Epstein one!
Old 30th November 2019, 09:24 AM   #159
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

Sure it could. It could, for example, be described as indulging in adolescent fantasies based on bad fiction and popular tropes.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2019, 12:17 PM   #160
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

I haven't seen "temples covered in occult symbols". I have seen one building painted to look sort-of ancient Egyptian. Did you mean that or something else?

Also, what's the evidence for "mass orgies"? Is that what the young women claim happened? It seems to me that rich, famous, middle-aged men wanting to have sex with teenage women discreetly on a holiday island is a different thing to their wanting an orgy alongside other rich, famous, middle-aged men.

So I'm curious to know; how much of this is alleged by victims and how much is extrapolation?
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories