ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Jeffrey Epstein , satanic conspiracies

Old 30th November 2019, 12:21 PM   #161
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
Note the care with alignment?
What? Please explain.
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2019, 12:37 PM   #162
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge

What? Please explain.

She means Chaotic Evil, of course.
Old 30th November 2019, 12:40 PM   #163
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed

OK so it's fun to build a masonically- inspired temple and huge designed-after-Plato 'Atlantis'-themed raised platforms. However, throw in teenage girls - some underage - and people like Trump, Clinton and Prince Andrew Alan Dershowitz, Robert Maxwell's daughter, Ghislaine Maxwell, French model agency owner, Jean-Luc Brunel - both of whom are missing - then it takes on a more sinister tone, does it not? Bearing in mind it appears to have been going on since the early '90's and no-one's ever been arrested other than a lenient plea deal for Epstein for which he served a short 18-months with day release for much of it.
The sex with children is sinister. None of the rest of the stuff is.
Mycroft is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2019, 01:36 PM   #164
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
The sex with children is sinister. None of the rest of the stuff is.
Correct. The underage sex bit is abhorrent. The whole religious part is entirely made up, predicated on a god, a satan and various spirits actually existing which they clearly do not, including the entire satanist pedo ring malarkey.

But if a person is so inclined to believe in imaginary things, then they are likely to believe in ANY imaginary thing.

As if child abuse was not horrendous enough on it's own.

...love and buttercakes...
abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2019, 01:36 PM   #165
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed

Having mass orgies with young females in temples covered in occult symbols can't really be described as anything else.
I don't see any evidence of these mass orgies.
Mycroft is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2019, 01:38 PM   #166
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Nothing morally wrong with mass orgies so long as it is all consenting adults.

Alas, I have failed to find any. It might be fun.

abaddon is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2019, 01:41 PM   #167
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed

Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
Correct. The underage sex bit is abhorrent. The whole religious part is entirely made up, predicated on a god, a satan and various spirits actually existing which they clearly do not, including the entire satanist pedo ring malarkey.

But if a person is so inclined to believe in imaginary things, then they are likely to believe in ANY imaginary thing.

As if child abuse was not horrendous enough on it's own.
I think the satanic conspiracy theories are attractive to Christians who believe that being a Christian is the only reason everyone doesn't run around pimping out children for sex, making satanic sacrifices, etc. From that point of view, it kinda makes sense that being guilty of one abborhent act is evidence of being a satanist.
Old 30th November 2019, 01:44 PM   #168
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed

If I put a decorative compass or a sundial anywhere on my property, I'd make sure it was aligned properly. Why wouldn't we expect Epstein to do the same?
Old 30th November 2019, 02:24 PM   #169
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

I think the satanic conspiracy theories are attractive to Christians who believe that being a Christian is the only reason everyone doesn't run around pimping out children for sex, making satanic sacrifices, etc. From that point of view, it kinda makes sense that being guilty of one abborhent act is evidence of being a satanist.
Sure. Somehow, all of the rogue RCC priests must somehow be explained, as must the blanket cover up of their acts by the hierarchy. A scapegoat must be found to excuse all of that and Satan is kinda handy for that purpose while against all reason retaining the idea of the sanctity of the priesthood.

Old 30th November 2019, 02:56 PM   #170
EHocking
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Spektator View Post
Let me adjust that, sir.
Adjustment of ignorance is always appreciated
You can't make up anything anymore. The world itself is a satire. All you're doing is recording it. Art Buchwald
EHocking is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 30th November 2019, 05:58 PM   #171
Axxman300
Illuminator

The is no evidence of mass orgies. 3-Ways for sure but no mass orgies.

I don't understand why the facts are vile enough.
Old 1st December 2019, 03:48 AM   #172
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Nothing morally wrong with mass orgies so long as it is all consenting adults.

Alas, I have failed to find any. It might be fun.
Try joining a satanic ring
Or will you stop once and wonder
What you're doing it for. ~ Nick Drake
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2019, 03:52 AM   #173
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

If I put a decorative compass or a sundial anywhere on my property, I'd make sure it was aligned properly. Why wouldn't we expect Epstein to do the same?
He's tried to align his temple with Christian churches. He has clearly realised that sun setting and rising points are integral to 'ancient wisdom'.
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2019, 04:35 AM   #174
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

He's tried to align his temple with Christian churches. He has clearly realised that sun setting and rising points are integral to 'ancient wisdom'.
Do you really buy such obvious crap?

Old 1st December 2019, 05:56 AM   #175
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Has he? I assume by "temple" you mean the stripey building (only you said "temples" before so it's hard to be sure). What is its alignment? True north? Magnetic north? Something else? Which features indicate the sun's rising and setting positions?

Perhaps more importantly, you're just stringing us along, right? It's a joke. You haven't really started believing all this clearly made-up satanic tosh, have you?
Jack by the hedge is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2019, 07:10 AM   #176
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Has he? I assume by "temple" you mean the stripey building (only you said "temples" before so it's hard to be sure). What is its alignment? True north? Magnetic north? Something else? Which features indicate the sun's rising and setting positions?

Perhaps more importantly, you're just stringing us along, right? It's a joke. You haven't really started believing all this clearly made-up satanic tosh, have you?
Jut to add: what has the alignment of this 'temple' got to do with Satanism?
Old 1st December 2019, 07:34 AM   #177
Myriad
Hyperthetical

He's tried to align his temple with Christian churches.

Because obviously, Christian churches were the first human structures ever to be deliberately aligned with the cardinal points.
Old 1st December 2019, 10:09 AM   #178
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Do you really buy such obvious crap?
Poor logic. Holding that occultism exists does not entail a belief in same. Just as you are not obliged to be Christian/Jewish/Jedi to believe those beliefs do exist.
Old 1st December 2019, 10:16 AM   #179
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Sorry, are you claiming satanism is made up?

Aleister Crowley one of the most notorious satanists of all time worshipped the Ancient Egyptian god, Thoth. Masons today also believe same.

See at time 4'53" here:

The Sacred History of the Rosicrucians (Part IV)

ETA to answer your question, the alignment is west to east with the door on the west with heavy bars (albeit painted on). Medieval churches align the same way, with the door in the west being the main entrance and the altar in the east.

Last edited by Vixen; 1st December 2019 at 10:26 AM.
Old 1st December 2019, 10:21 AM   #180
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Jut to add: what has the alignment of this 'temple' got to do with Satanism?
There can be two reasons: (a) because everything Christians do, they do the opposite, and (b) most religions do pay close attention to the design of their place of worship. It'll often be on a mound, near a river or be in a place of great natural beauty.

To believe Epstein's temple is placed where it is by sheer willy-nilly randomness is to be obtuse in the extreme.
Old 1st December 2019, 10:22 AM   #181
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.

Aleister Crowley one of the most notorious satanists of all time worshipped the Ancient Egyptian god, Thoth. Masons today also believe same.

See at time 4'53" here:

Crowley was not a Satanist.
Old 1st December 2019, 10:30 AM   #182
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Myriad View Post
Because obviously, Christian churches were the first human structures ever to be deliberately aligned with the cardinal points.
Be that as it may but it may have escaped your notice that after several crusades the Christian churches and cathedrals were the dominant places of worship throughout Europe.

No-one knows what Stone Henge was for, except that the headstone is in perfect alignment with the summer solstice.

Like the pyramids of Egypt, I dare say it represents the burial place of the high and mighty amongst them.
Old 1st December 2019, 10:32 AM   #183
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Crowley was not a Satanist.
What?!
Old 1st December 2019, 10:40 AM   #184
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed

Or...Christian churches were also built to align with compass points (a quick check of Wikipedia says early Churches were oriented to the East for reasons) therefor anything I built that I want to orient to compass points would coincidentally also orient to early churches.

Being skeptical that any individual person or building is satanist is not at all the same as denying satanism exists.

I've met people in my life who were self-professed satanists, but none of them were super-rich jet setters who sacrificed or had sex with children. Quite the opposite, they tended to be at the lower end of the economic scale with very little in the way or worldly power and influence.
Old 1st December 2019, 11:14 AM   #185
Myriad
Hyperthetical

Be that as it may but it may have escaped your notice that after several crusades the Christian churches and cathedrals were the dominant places of worship throughout Europe.

It makes perfect sense that Christian churches and cathedrals were the dominant places for satanists to worship throughout Europe. Consider how many of those churches have preached and acted the direct opposite of what Christ taught.
Old 1st December 2019, 01:32 PM   #186
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

Poor logic. Holding that occultism exists does not entail a belief in same. Just as you are not obliged to be Christian/Jewish/Jedi to believe those beliefs do exist.
False. Occultism is not satanism, far from it. Are you really that ignorant about the range of human belief systems?

Old 1st December 2019, 01:36 PM   #187
abaddon
Penultimate Amazing

What?!
Oh, you didn't even know that Crowley was not a satanist? Amusing.

Old 1st December 2019, 02:42 PM   #188
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Obviously not. I am suspicious that Epstein's Satanism is made up.
Old 1st December 2019, 02:47 PM   #189
Craig4
Penultimate Amazing

Why is it so hard to accept that Epstein was a rich arrogant prick with other rich arrogant prick friends and they had sex with underage girls because they thought they could get away with it? It's not like this scenario is heretofore unknown in the history of law enforcement. A defendant killing himself after being charged with these crimes also isn't much of a shocker.
Old 1st December 2019, 02:49 PM   #190
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

... everything Christians do, they do the opposite
You just got through telling us Epstein's temple is aligned East-West, and how we should note that this is strikingly not the opposite of what Christians do.
Old 1st December 2019, 03:03 PM   #191
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

No, you misunderstand... The occultism isn't the made up crap in question, your accusations are...

Last edited by Porpoise of Life; 1st December 2019 at 03:09 PM.
Porpoise of Life is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2019, 03:41 PM   #192
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Why is it so hard to accept that Epstein was a rich arrogant prick with other rich arrogant prick friends and they had sex with underage girls because they thought they could get away with it? It's not like this scenario is heretofore unknown in the history of law enforcement. A defendant killing himself after being charged with these crimes also isn't much of a shocker.
Why is it so hard to accept that Epstein ran a clandestine occult racket - meaning the participants have some vow of secrecy, not to mention being blackmailed by spy tapes and the threat of exposure and prosecution.

At a conference Ghislaine Maxwell was bragging that 64% of the world's oceans come under no jurisdiction (- no man's land, as it were-) and that she was part of some oceanic project involving submarines. Now, Epstein's island temple has several hidden entrances several floors below (from Rachel Chandler's instagram pictures of the underground chambers, there are roughly four floors). We know it is deep because of the very steep steps that lead down from the trapdoor inside the temple doors.

Think about it: the underage victims were sneaked in by Ghislaine's submarine at a landing port and arrive undetected by air traffic control radar nor sighted by coast guards. Chantau Davies and Virginia Roberts Guiffre themselves confess to have recruited up to fifty teenage girls each to satisfy Epstein's lust.

Epstein set up a sperm donation for scientists whom he spent a lot of time wining and dining and planned to impregnate fifty girls at a time with 'top brain' elites. Virginia claims Epstein and Maxwell tried to force her to have his baby and hand it over. WHERE IS THAT BABY if it happened, as she claims?

Where are all those young girls procured by Epstein. Where is Jean Luc Brunel, who ran a Paris model agency and allegedly supplied girls who looked twelve-years old? Why has he and Ghislaine gone into hiding?

It is claimed Epstein spent a huge sum of money filling in his underground tunnels with rubble and many files and documents were removed before the FBI got there.

Some reports claim the FBI found human remains around the shore of small skeletons and skulls. What likely happened at his temple was horrific.

These Egyptian occultists have a belief that the further you go underground the nearer you are to these sinister 'gods'.

From this is must surely be blindingly obvious that Epstein wasn't 'just a dirty old man' procuring prostitutes and masseuse up to his mansion.

He had a massive supply of them via Les Wexner who owned Victoria's Secrets and procured models for his lingerie range, via Maxwell and Brunel and via people like Virginia, Chantau and Rachel, already in his sex ring.

This was no one-man perversion. This was a Mossad agent on a mission to blackmail the world's leading statesmen, lawyers and scientists (in a foreign interference operation) an involved - if the sealed court depositions are to be believed - at least ONE THOUSAND people in high places. That isn't the actions of some sole individual disgusting sex pervert down the road.
Old 1st December 2019, 03:45 PM   #193
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

You just got through telling us Epstein's temple is aligned East-West, and how we should note that this is strikingly not the opposite of what Christians do.
Oh dear. Medieval Christian churches have the entrance on the west and are thus said to be aligned west to east.
Old 1st December 2019, 03:47 PM   #194
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
No, you misunderstand... The occultism isn't the made up crap in question, your accusations are...
Seeing is believing. If you don't believe what you see in plain sight then perhaps you need to cultivate more observation skills. <shrug>
Old 1st December 2019, 03:57 PM   #195
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Oh, you didn't even know that Crowley was not a satanist? Amusing.
It is the common concurrence that he was. As far as the public and the media are concerned the occult is the occult. Crowley wanting to kill babies is satanism as far as they are concerned. Sorry if that offends your sensibilities.
Old 1st December 2019, 04:06 PM   #196
eerok
Quixoticist

True, I come to this subforum for the laughs, but this is verging on the tragically ridiculous.

Last edited by eerok; 1st December 2019 at 04:07 PM.
eerok is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2019, 05:15 PM   #197
bruto
Penultimate Amazing

It is the common concurrence that he was. As far as the public and the media are concerned the occult is the occult. Crowley wanting to kill babies is satanism as far as they are concerned. Sorry if that offends your sensibilities.
That's a very strange statement. First it seems to redefine Satanism as being whatever you presume Satanists do. That kind of redefinition is dangerous. If Satanists drive Fords does driving a Ford make you a Satanist too?

Second, it suggests rather more discernment on the part of babies than we generally credit them with.

Quand il dit "cuic" le moineau croit tout dire. (When he's tweeted the sparrow thinks he's said it all. (Jules Renard)
bruto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2019, 06:21 PM   #198
Axxman300
Illuminator

It's a bar.

The door is on the south (ocean) side of the building with windows on the east and west.

If my church had a bar I'd still attend services.
Old 1st December 2019, 06:27 PM   #199
Axxman300
Illuminator

It really is.

Why would you worship a being that works for the God you're turning away from?

Quote:
Aleister Crowley one of the most notorious satanists of all time worshipped the Ancient Egyptian god, Thoth.
Crowley was a con man.

Quote:
Masons today also believe same.
No.

Quote:
Rosicrucians aren't Satanist, they're Rosicrucians.

Quote:
ETA to answer your question, the alignment is west to east with the door on the west with heavy bars (albeit painted on). Medieval churches align the same way, with the door in the west being the main entrance and the altar in the east.
Not one thing you wrote here is true.

The door is on the east side with windows on the east and west sides. No altar. And the painted on door has no bars.
Old 1st December 2019, 06:57 PM   #200
Axxman300
Illuminator

Why is it so hard to accept that Epstein ran a clandestine occult racket - meaning the participants have some vow of secrecy, not to mention being blackmailed by spy tapes and the threat of exposure and prosecution.
Because there is zero evidence of this.

Epstein and Maxwell ran a sex and blackmail ring, we know this because there is a mountain of evidence, which is why Epstein killed himself.

Quote:
At a conference Ghislaine Maxwell was bragging that 64% of the world's oceans come under no jurisdiction (- no man's land, as it were-) and that she was part of some oceanic project involving submarines.
Citation needed for this one.

Quote:
Now, Epstein's island temple has several hidden entrances several floors below (from Rachel Chandler's instagram pictures of the underground chambers, there are roughly four floors). We know it is deep because of the very steep steps that lead down from the trapdoor inside the temple doors.
1. The "temple" is smaller than your average 7-11 or gas station.

2. We don't know where the stairs in Chandler's photo are located, or even if they are on the island.

Quote:
Think about it: the underage victims were sneaked in by Ghislaine's submarine at a landing port and arrive undetected by air traffic control radar nor sighted by coast guards. Chantau Davies and Virginia Roberts Guiffre themselves confess to have recruited up to fifty teenage girls each to satisfy Epstein's lust.
And yet everyone working at the airport in the Virgin Islands saw Epstein's planes land and young-looking women deplane and get into his private helicopter to be transported to the island:

Quote:
On multiple occasions I saw Epstein exit his helicopter, stand on the tarmac in full view of my tower, and board his private jet with children—female children,” says a former air traffic controller at the airstrip who asked to remain anonymous. “One incident in particular really stands out in my mind, because the girls were just so young. They couldn’t have been over 16. Epstein looked very angry and hurled his jacket at one of them. They were also carrying shopping bags from stores not on the island. I remember thinking, ‘Where in the world have they been shopping?’”

Another employee at the airstrip, who requested anonymity because he is not allowed to speak about travelers in his official capacity, says Epstein would land at St. Thomas twice a month on average. “There’d be girls that look like they could be in high school,” the employee recalls. “They looked very young. They were always wearing college sweatshirts. It seemed like camouflage, that’s the best way to put it.” Epstein would be dressed in a tracksuit, but the girls carried shopping bags from designer labels: Gucci, Dior.
Source: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...private-island

(See what I did there? I linked to an article written by grownups)

Quote:
Where are all those young girls procured by Epstein. Where is Jean Luc Brunel, who ran a Paris model agency and allegedly supplied girls who looked twelve-years old? Why has he and Ghislaine gone into hiding?
Why do you care? Tracking them down would mean living in the real world and not Satanic Panic Land.

Quote:
It is claimed Epstein spent a huge sum of money filling in his underground tunnels with rubble and many files and documents were removed before the FBI got there.
Again, you need to cite a credible source for this claim.

Quote:
Some reports claim the FBI found human remains around the shore of small skeletons and skulls. What likely happened at his temple was horrific.
Again, you need to cite a source. The only thing I have found where this claim is mad is on a Q/whack-job website.

Quote:
These Egyptian occultists have a belief that the further you go underground the nearer you are to these sinister 'gods'.
Then why did the Egyptians build really tall structures in which their priests worshiped their gods? Why aren't the pyramids just a deep hole in the ground?

Quote:
From this is must surely be blindingly obvious that Epstein wasn't 'just a dirty old man' procuring prostitutes and masseuse up to his mansion.
No, he was a dirty young man who became a dirty old man who recruited young girls to give him "massages" at his various properties.

Quote:
This was no one-man perversion.
Nobody's saying it is. We still don't have all the facts and the FBI is still working the case.

Quote:
This was a Mossad agent on a mission to blackmail the world's leading statesmen, lawyers and scientists (in a foreign interference operation) an involved - if the sealed court depositions are to be believed - at least ONE THOUSAND people in high places.
And there it is. The Jews did it.

Quote:
That isn't the actions of some sole individual disgusting sex pervert down the road.
No, it was Epstein and Maxwell, and Maxwell seems to be the brains of the operation. You have yet to articulate how worshiping Satan gave Epstein an edge that his band account didn't already provide.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories