ISF Logo   IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags Jeffrey Epstein , satanic conspiracies

Old 1st December 2019, 08:20 PM   #201
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed

Originally Posted by Craig4 View Post
Why is it so hard to accept that Epstein was a rich arrogant prick with other rich arrogant prick friends and they had sex with underage girls because they thought they could get away with it? It's not like this scenario is heretofore unknown in the history of law enforcement. A defendant killing himself after being charged with these crimes also isn't much of a shocker.
Has it even been established that Epstein arranged for anyone other than himself to have sex with underaged women?
Mycroft is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2019, 08:38 PM   #202
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed

Originally Posted by Vixen View Post
It is the common concurrence that he was. As far as the public and the media are concerned the occult is the occult. Crowley wanting to kill babies is satanism as far as they are concerned. Sorry if that offends your sensibilities.
Anton Levay was the satanist. Crawley was an occultist who let people call him a satanist, despite never having worshiped Satan.
Mycroft is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2019, 09:52 PM   #203
Robin
Penultimate Amazing

Did Aleister Crowley want to kill babies? That is a new one on me.
The non-theoretical character of metaphysics would not be in itself a defect; all arts have this non-theoretical character without thereby losing their high value for personal as well as for social life. The danger lies in the deceptive character of metaphysics; it gives the illusion of knowledge without actually giving any knowledge. This is the reason why we reject it. - Rudolf Carnap "Philosophy and Logical Syntax"
Robin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 1st December 2019, 10:13 PM   #204
Axxman300
Illuminator

Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
Has it even been established that Epstein arranged for anyone other than himself to have sex with underaged women?
That was what he was arrested for:

Quote:
Epstein is facing up to 45 years in prison if convicted on the new charges of sex trafficking and conspiracy. Mimi Rocah, an NBC News legal analyst who served as a former assistant U.S. attorney in New York, said any new allegations against Epstein could lead to additional federal counts. Child sex victims must be under the age of 28 to pursue state charges in New York.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...i-was-n1028011

Hunt down the Alan Dershowitz angle. Epstein featured these young women at his parties.
Old 2nd December 2019, 12:01 AM   #205
Mycroft
High Priest of Ed

Originally Posted by Axxman300 View Post
That was what he was arrested for:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...i-was-n1028011

Hunt down the Alan Dershowitz angle. Epstein featured these young women at his parties.
Still not seeing where anyone other than Epstein had sex with these women.
Old 2nd December 2019, 01:33 AM   #206
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

It really is.

Why would you worship a being that works for the God you're turning away from?

Crowley was a con man.

No.

Rosicrucians aren't Satanist, they're Rosicrucians.

Not one thing you wrote here is true.

The door is on the east side with windows on the east and west sides. No altar. And the painted on door has no bars.
Th Rosicrucians like Crowley's OTO order and other neo-Egyptian cults (which includes most mason orders) are occultists and anti-Christian (in that they never mention Christ). In the common vernacular occult is no different from satanism.

You say tom-ay-to, I say tom-ah-to.

No-one said his temple had an altar in the East - or on the ground floor - which would have been deep in the basement anyway. Churches do.

Did you not see the altar stone on the sundial?
Or will you stop once and wonder
What you're doing it for. ~ Nick Drake
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 01:41 AM   #207
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Because there is zero evidence of this.

Epstein and Maxwell ran a sex and blackmail ring, we know this because there is a mountain of evidence, which is why Epstein killed himself.

Citation needed for this one.

1. The "temple" is smaller than your average 7-11 or gas station.

2. We don't know where the stairs in Chandler's photo are located, or even if they are on the island.

And yet everyone working at the airport in the Virgin Islands saw Epstein's planes land and young-looking women deplane and get into his private helicopter to be transported to the island:

Source: https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...private-island

(See what I did there? I linked to an article written by grownups)

Why do you care? Tracking them down would mean living in the real world and not Satanic Panic Land.

Again, you need to cite a credible source for this claim.

Again, you need to cite a source. The only thing I have found where this claim is mad is on a Q/whack-job website.

Then why did the Egyptians build really tall structures in which their priests worshiped their gods? Why aren't the pyramids just a deep hole in the ground?

No, he was a dirty young man who became a dirty old man who recruited young girls to give him "massages" at his various properties.

Nobody's saying it is. We still don't have all the facts and the FBI is still working the case.

And there it is. The Jews did it.

No, it was Epstein and Maxwell, and Maxwell seems to be the brains of the operation. You have yet to articulate how worshiping Satan gave Epstein an edge that his band account didn't already provide.

Here you are, Ghislaine Maxwell giving it large about her submarine work and being outside the law.

The youtube video is titled: WDS2 - Ghislaine Maxwell and The TerraMar Project

Here's the submarine landing station, as attached.

ETA By coincidence (haha) the Terramar Project which involved Richard Branson ceased upon Epstein's arrest.

Quote:
The TerraMar Twitter web page made the announcement on Friday, July 12, 2019, and was swiftly adopted by the closure of their web site that additionally carries an announcement, be aware the positioning was operational only a matter of hours earlier than the information broke.
https://usahitman.com/underground-epsteinisland/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Epstein-Island-Submarine-routes-1.jpg (118.1 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Vixen; 2nd December 2019 at 01:46 AM.
Vixen is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 02:00 AM   #208
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Anton Levay was the satanist. Crawley was an occultist who let people call him a satanist, despite never having worshiped Satan.
As I explained upthread 'Satan' in the Bible was usually referred to as Ba'al, a clear reference to ancient Egyptian gods. As an example I gave, when Moses went up the mount, no sooner had he turned his back than his people built themselves a golden calf in remembrance of the idol worship in Egypt from which they had fled. This caused him to smash the tablets in a rage.

If the Bible identifies 'satan' in numerous different ways, mostly as representing idol worship (see Ashak, Meshach and Abednego in King Nebuchadnezzar's fiery furnace, Daniel 3) I am not sure why you have a problem with it.

Crowley and his admirers can call himself what he/they like but he was undoubtedly an occultist.
Old 2nd December 2019, 02:02 AM   #209
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Robin View Post
Did Aleister Crowley want to kill babies? That is a new one on me.
You obviously haven't read him.
Old 2nd December 2019, 02:02 AM   #210
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

Location: Where there's never a road broader than the back of your hand.
Th Rosicrucians like Crowley's OTO order and other neo-Egyptian cults (which includes most mason orders) are occultists and anti-Christian (in that they never mention Christ).
No.
Once again, you are shooting your mouth off without having done one iota of research.

Originally Posted by Actual Freemasons
Freemasonry is not a religion, nor is it a substitute for religion. It requires of its members a belief in God as part of the obligation of every responsible adult, but advocates no sectarian faith or practice. Masonic ceremonies include prayers, both traditional and extempore, to reaffirm each individual's dependence on God and to seek divine guidance. Freemasonry is open to men of any faith, but religion may not be discussed at Masonic meetings.
Masons believe that there is one God and that people employ many different ways to seek, and to express what they know of God. Masonry primarily uses the appellation, "Grand Architect of the Universe," and other non-sectarian titles, to address the Deity. In this way, persons of different faiths may join together in prayer, concentrating on God, rather than differences among themselves. Masonry believes in religious freedom and that the relationship between the individual and God is personal, private, and sacred.
Freemasonry Supports Religion. Freemasonry is far from indifferent toward religion. Without interfering in religious practice, it expects each member to follow his own faith and to place his Duty to God above all other duties. Its moral teachings are acceptable to all religions.
Source.

Originally Posted by Actual Rosicrucians
The Rosicrucian Philosophy is entirely Christian, striving to make religion a living factor in the land -- and to lead to Christ those who cannot find Him by faith alone.
Source.

Originally Posted by Actual OTO believers
Is Ordo Templi Orientis Satanic or anti-Christian?
No. O.T.O. makes no claims or representations to be either Satanic or anti-Christian. We find that these characterizations serve no real purpose in describing what we are about, or our vision for humanity. Rather than being anti-Christian, we are in fact pro-Thelema: we support the Thelemic ideals of freedom of religious and personal self-expression; emancipation from superstition and social oppression; and the development of a world view which supports and encourages the age-old vision of the Universal Brotherhood of mankind.
Source.

In the common vernacular occult is no different from satanism.
No. This is just you refusing to admit you were, and are, wrong.

You say tom-ay-to, I say tom-ah-to.
No. You talk bollocks, and everyone else calls you on it.
Old 2nd December 2019, 02:06 AM   #211
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Still not seeing where anyone other than Epstein had sex with these women.
Scepticism is healthy. That is most people's initial reaction. "What? 45 years for sex? OK, so she was seventeen so you're kidding me?" And then the truth of the matter begins to slowly dawn.

Dershowitz swiftly took legal action. So ask yourself, why are the media not freely naming and shaming people? Hmmm? You have heard of libel and defamation laws?
Old 2nd December 2019, 02:14 AM   #212
Robin
Penultimate Amazing

You obviously haven't read him.
I have read his novel "Moonchild" and also "Konx om Pax" and a couple of his short stories.

I have also read Dennis Wheatley's account that he seemed mostly harmless.

Can you be more specific?
The non-theoretical character of metaphysics would not be in itself a defect; all arts have this non-theoretical character without thereby losing their high value for personal as well as for social life. The danger lies in the deceptive character of metaphysics; it gives the illusion of knowledge without actually giving any knowledge. This is the reason why we reject it. - Rudolf Carnap "Philosophy and Logical Syntax"
Robin is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 02:15 AM   #213
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
No.
Once again, you are shooting your mouth off without having done one iota of research.

Source.

Source.

Source.

No. This is just you refusing to admit you were, and are, wrong.

No. You talk bollocks, and everyone else calls you on it.

If anyone is talking bollocks, it is you. When the Rosicrucians claim they are Christian in the excerpt you quote they are referring to "Christian Rosenkreuz", a fictional character representing the typical initiate in search of enlightenment (rather like John Bunyan's Christian in Pilgrim's Progress).

That bumpf you quoted from the freemasons is exactly that. It mentions 'God' (the big 'G') but it is certainly not Jesus Christ in their philosophy the deeper you go. They worship baphomet.

You'll note Rosicrucians always refer to 'the Divine' or some such euphemism. None of these people are referring to Christ.

Now this isn't a thread about 'who is the true God', I am simply pointing out that freemasons and occultists are not Christians.
Old 2nd December 2019, 02:19 AM   #214
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

I have read his novel "Moonchild" and also "Konx om Pax" and a couple of his short stories.

The Devil Rides Out good book which we all read when we were fourteen.

You can probably read all of Crowley's stuff for free from your local library. I can't remember which tome it was.
Old 2nd December 2019, 02:19 AM   #215
Robin
Penultimate Amazing

Also I seem to recall that "sacrificing infants" was Crowley's way of describing wanking. Are you sure that is not what you are referring to?

If we are to take the claim literally, that he has killed thousands of children and boasted about it and yet the police had not taken any notice, that would seem strange.

Crowley had a bizarre sense of humour (as reading "Konx om Pax" would evidence).
Old 2nd December 2019, 02:31 AM   #216
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

If anyone is talking bollocks, it is you. When the Rosicrucians claim they are Christian in the excerpt you quote they are referring to "Christian Rosenkreuz", a fictional character representing the typical initiate in search of enlightenment (rather like John Bunyan's Christian in Pilgrim's Progress).
Citation needed, and in any case, you claimed they were anti-Christian, which they clearly are not.

That bumpf you quoted from the freemasons is exactly that. It mentions 'God' (the big 'G') but it is certainly not Jesus Christ in their philosophy the deeper you go. They worship baphomet.
Citation needed for the claim of worship of Baphomet, and, in any case, you claimed they were anti-Christian, which they clearly are not.

You'll note Rosicrucians always refer to 'the Divine' or some such euphemism. None of these people are referring to Christ.
Apart from the actual quote from actual Rosicrucians, you mean.

Now this isn't a thread about 'who is the true God', I am simply pointing out that freemasons and occultists are not Christians.
No, you were not. That is an obvious and blatant falsehood.

Th Rosicrucians like Crowley's OTO order and other neo-Egyptian cults (which includes most mason orders) are occultists and anti-Christian (in that they never mention Christ). In the common vernacular occult is no different from satanism.
It also contradicts what both Rosicrucians and Freemasons believe, as stated by them on their own websites.
If you want to contact them to tell them that you know better than they what they believe, go right ahead. Let me know how that goes for you.
Old 2nd December 2019, 02:32 AM   #217
Cosmic Yak
Illuminator

The Devil Rides Out good book which we all read when we were fourteen.

You can probably read all of Crowley's stuff for free from your local library. I can't remember which tome it was.
I too have read some Crowley.
No mention at all of baby sacrifices.
Please stop making stuff up.
Old 2nd December 2019, 02:34 AM   #218
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Also I seem to recall that "sacrificing infants" was Crowley's way of describing wanking. Are you sure that is not what you are referring to?

If we are to take the claim literally, that he has killed thousands of children and boasted about it and yet the police had not taken any notice, that would seem strange.

Crowley had a bizarre sense of humour (as reading "Konx om Pax" would evidence).
I don't know if he actually killed anybody but he certainly shocked middle England.
Old 2nd December 2019, 02:37 AM   #219
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Cosmic Yak View Post
Citation needed, and in any case, you claimed they were anti-Christian, which they clearly are not.

Citation needed for the claim of worship of Baphomet, and, in any case, you claimed they were anti-Christian, which they clearly are not.

Apart from the actual quote from actual Rosicrucians, you mean.

No, you were not. That is an obvious and blatant falsehood.

It also contradicts what both Rosicrucians and Freemasons believe, as stated by them on their own websites.
If you want to contact them to tell them that you know better than they what they believe, go right ahead. Let me know how that goes for you.
I promise you the Rosicrucians in that extract you quote are misleading you. Here is your extract:

Quote:
Rosicrucian Interpretation of Christianity
The Rosicrucian Order is an ancient Mystic Fraternity formed in the year 1313 by a high spiritual teacher having the symbolical name "Christian Rosenkreuz": Christian Rose Cross. It was his mission to prepare a new phase of the Christian religion to be used during the coming age now at hand, for as the world and man evolve so also must religion change. The system of worship suited to the spiritual needs of our forebears is unsuited to our altered intellectual condition. Therefore, the great spiritual entities in charge of evolution, change the religions of the world in harmony with the passage of the marching orbs in the heavens.

The Rosicrucian Philosophy is entirely Christian, striving to make religion a living factor in the land -- and to lead to Christ those who cannot find Him by faith alone.

The Sixth Sense
The particular function of this Philosophy is to enable people to accept the Christian doctrines through the medium of esoteric knowledge, when they are unable to do so through the medium of faith. It aims to supplement the work of the churches, not to supplant them.

The Rosicrucian Philosophy teaches that man possesses a latent sixth sense which has been developed in some and which eventually will be developed by all. This sense enables its possessor to perceive and investigate the super-physical realms, where the so-called dead live.

It also teaches that the Earth is a great school to which we return life after life through rebirth, learning new lessons during each sojourn here, and thus ever evolving toward greater perfection of character and the powers which it confers. The grades attained by different individuals in this school account for the differences in fortunes which we see on every side. Therefore we do not despair of God's love when we see the inequalities of life, for we know that in time all will be perfect as our Father in Heaven is perfect.
Please note the play on words.
Old 2nd December 2019, 03:27 AM   #220
Porpoise of Life
Illuminator

Does this type of 'argumentation' count as a gish gallop?

The Gish gallop is a technique used during debating that focuses on overwhelming an opponent with as many arguments as possible, without regard for accuracy or strength of the arguments.
Porpoise of Life is online now   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 03:33 AM   #221
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

Oh dear. Medieval Christian churches have the entrance on the west ...
Indeed. And you helpfully described the building's painted-on door on its West side.
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 04:40 AM   #222
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Jack by the hedge View Post
Indeed. And you helpfully described the building's painted-on door on its West side.
It's not the entrance if it is barred, is it?
Old 2nd December 2019, 04:41 AM   #223
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Porpoise of Life View Post
Nope. You might have noticed I don't do logical fallacy.
Old 2nd December 2019, 05:02 AM   #224
Jack by the hedge
Safely Ignored

It's not the entrance if it is barred, is it?
It may not have been a terribly well designed satanic temple. I mean, I've been looking at the imagined design you posted and while it's very thorough about providing sufficient pedo rape dungeons and occult meeting areas, I can't help thinking billionaires, even satanic rapist ones, would probably want stuff like a restaurant, a bar, bedrooms, gym, pool, jacuzzi, squash courts, cinema etc. You'd need a substantial kitchen area for your henchmen chefs too.

Where does that secret underground tram go, by the way?

The secret underwater submarine dock is very James Bond but when witnesses describe teenagers being ushered from Epstein's plane to Epstein's helicopter to travel to Epstein's island, at what location did they transfer to his top secret submarine fleet so nobody knew where they were going?
Jack by the hedge is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 05:23 AM   #225
Belz...
Fiend God

Originally Posted by Belz... View Post

Likely? Based on what?

Nice dodge.

Do you think that what you describe is going to do the trick? For pete's sake, just a few posts prior you explain how Epstein got his wealth.
No response, eh?

"My views are nonsense. So what?" - BobTheCoward

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 05:28 AM   #226
Belz...
Fiend God

Roman Catholic Italy, with its heavy symbolism, is absolutely awash with mason lodges and satanists
EVIDENCE?????

How often do you beat your wife?
Never.

You can't even get your logical traps right.

Belz... is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 2nd December 2019, 05:33 AM   #227
Belz...
Fiend God

Sorry, are you claiming satanism is made up?

Aleister Crowley one of the most notorious satanists of all time worshipped the Ancient Egyptian god, Thoth.
I think you're just completely ignorant of what "satan" is. But then, just a short while ago you said that satan is only found in the abrahamic religions. You keep contradicting yourself.

Why is it so hard to accept that Epstein ran a clandestine occult racket
BECAUSE YOU HAVE NO EVIDENCE.

You're making up crazy theories based on essentially nothing. As usual.

Quote:
These Egyptian occultists have a belief that the further you go underground the nearer you are to these sinister 'gods'.
Add Egyptian mythology to the number of things you know nothing about.

Quote:
Seeing is believing.
Only for the fool. The wise pit their sight against reality to see if they really saw what they thought they saw.

Old 2nd December 2019, 05:38 AM   #228
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Was Aleister Crowley a satanist? From Wikipedia:

Quote:
Both during his life and after it, Crowley has been widely described as a Satanist, usually by detractors. Crowley stated he did not consider himself a Satanist, nor did he worship Satan, as he did not accept the Christian world view in which Satan was believed to exist.[255] He nevertheless used Satanic imagery, for instance by describing himself as "the Beast 666" and referring to the Whore of Babylon in his work, while in later life he sent "Antichristmas cards" to his friends.[256] In his writings, Crowley occasionally identified Aiwass as Satan and designated him as "Our Lord God the Devil" at one occasion.
Did he advocate child sacrifice?

Quote:
He was also accused of advocating human sacrifice, largely because of a passage in Book 4 in which he stated that "A male child of perfect innocence and high intelligence is the most satisfactory victim" and added that he had sacrificed about 150 every year.

<snip>
Quote:
two prominent figures in religious Satanism, Anton LaVey and Michael Aquino, were influenced by Crowley's work
Old 2nd December 2019, 05:41 AM   #229
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

No response, eh?
Er, you did know that Epstein was in the possession of a fake Saudi Arabian passport...did you not?
Old 2nd December 2019, 05:43 AM   #230
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

EVIDENCE?????

Never.

You can't even get your logical traps right.
Here you go. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasonry_in_Italy
Old 2nd December 2019, 05:49 AM   #231
Belz...
Fiend God

In the common vernacular occult is no different from satanism.
And there we go. Finally, an admission that "satanist" doesn't really mean "satanist". Why don't you use the actual word for what you're describing? They were pagans. Believers in something other than Christianity.

Plenty of those in the world, don't you agree? Would you call Buddhists satanists? Medieval Christians sure would.

Quote:
As I explained upthread 'Satan' in the Bible was usually referred to as Ba'al, a clear reference to ancient Egyptian gods.
A clear refence? Baal's not even Egyptian!

Old 2nd December 2019, 05:51 AM   #232
Belz...
Fiend God

You might have noticed I don't do logical fallacy.
I'm sorry to break this to you, Vixen...

Er, you did know that Epstein was in the possession of a fake Saudi Arabian passport...did you not?
And what does this have to do with satanism?

You're all over the place but if you think you're going to lose me in the flurry of nonsense you're throwing at me, you've got another thing coming.

Not a single mention of satanists in this article.

Oh, did you think I wouldn't notice that you dodged that part?

Old 2nd December 2019, 05:56 AM   #233
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

And there we go. Finally, an admission that "satanist" doesn't really mean "satanist". Why don't you use the actual word for what you're describing? They were pagans. Believers in something other than Christianity.

Plenty of those in the world, don't you agree? Would you call Buddhists satanists? Medieval Christians sure would.

A clear refence? Baal's not even Egyptian!
But they worshipped idols in the form of a bull did they not?
Old 2nd December 2019, 05:59 AM   #234
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

I'm sorry to break this to you, Vixen...

And what does this have to do with satanism?

You're all over the place but if you think you're going to lose me in the flurry of nonsense you're throwing at me, you've got another thing coming.

Not a single mention of satanists in this article.

Oh, did you think I wouldn't notice that you dodged that part?
Nothing. Your question was to do with evidence he was a spy. I answered he was in possession of a fake passport. A Saudi Arabian one.

Now why would Epstein, a one-time maths teacher from blue-collar Brooklyn, dad a gardener, be in possession of a fake passport (some say several) and a seemingly endless pot of wealth?

Quote:
A mysterious foreign passport found inside a safe in Jeffrey Epstein's Manhattan mansion had been used to travel to at least four countries in the 1980s, prosecutors said on Wednesday in court documents seen by Business Insider.

They said the expired Austrian passport was found in the locked safe along with more than $70,000 in cash and several loose diamonds.

They said that the passport appeared to have a photo of Epstein but a different name and listed a residence in Saudi Arabia.

Epstein's lawyers said in court papers on Tuesday that the passport was for "personal protection" and that prosecutors had offered no evidence that Epstein ever used it.

But on Wednesday, prosecutors said stamps in the passport suggested it was used to enter France, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Saudi Arabia in the 1980s.

https://www.businessinsider.com/jeff...19-7?r=US&IR=T
It's the prosecutors saying it, not me.

Last edited by Vixen; 2nd December 2019 at 06:04 AM.
Old 2nd December 2019, 06:00 AM   #235
Robin
Penultimate Amazing

I understand that Jonathan Swift was an advocate of eating children.
Old 2nd December 2019, 06:07 AM   #236
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

I understand that Jonathan Swift was an advocate of eating children.
Jonathan Swift was a satirist.
Old 2nd December 2019, 06:11 AM   #237
Robin
Penultimate Amazing

Jonathan Swift was a satirist.
And I suppose Crowley was being deadly serious when he made that comment, which is widely believed to be a reference to him masturbating.
Old 2nd December 2019, 06:12 AM   #238
Robin
Penultimate Amazing

Also I recall Crowley incorporated Jewish mysticism and Taoism in his work, but you wouldn't call those Satanic.
Old 2nd December 2019, 06:20 AM   #239
Robin
Penultimate Amazing

You can't have read much Crowley if you don't think there is a deep satirical vein in his writing.
Old 2nd December 2019, 06:21 AM   #240
Vixen
Penultimate Amazing

Let's just call it occult mysticism.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories