IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , bigfoot sightings , NAWAC

Closed Thread
Old 9th March 2015, 06:05 PM   #321
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster

The thing I found interesting about Jim Jackle's story was the tree break he described and that he saw one on all fours. He must have been listening to BB's podcast to come up with that as those aren't widely used details when describing one's latest adventures during Bigfoot live action alternative reality gaming.
OntarioSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 06:14 PM   #322
FFed
Muse

Jim Jackle also said this

"After me and a friend were almost killed one night by an aggressive bigfoot over at the base of the Kiamichi Mountains in Oklahoma, we started hunting the thing. One night we were leaving the encounter area and had a ufo follow my car and send down a flashing orb of light that flew alongside the car, about 3 feet from the passenger window, for about a mile. We never figured out the reason they sent the orb down, or what the orb actually was, but believe it to be some sort of alien drone or probe. This was the night that we made the ET connection to bigfoot and apparently whoever was onboard the ufo was watching the bigfoot and had some connection to it. I'm now thinking that somebody from another world has a bigfoot breeding program underway. I have also seen a 3 ft tall grey ET standing beside a tree in the bigfoot encounter area. When we encountered the bigfoot and told a few family members, they asked us what we had been smoking. Now when I tell them about the ufo and the ET, they ask me what I've been snorting, such as LSD. LOL. Since the ET encounter I stumbled on to Stan Gordon's book "The Silent Invasion", where he has also made the ET, bigfoot connection. I also started reading and discovered a story from the 1950's where 3 young guys went to explore a mound a few miles NE of Mcalester OK. The rumors were that it was a haunted indian burial mound and the farmer that owned the land had weird cattle mutilations happening near the mound and put crosses on the mound. Anyway these 3 guys, while exploring the mound, ran on to a tunnel that led to a shaft. The shaft went straight down and had a spiral staircase that lokked as if it was built to accommodate a 12 foot tall giant. After going down the shaft for about a mile, and never reaching the bottom, the guys started back up. 2 made it out and the 3rd guy, which had a pistol, was grabbed by a hairy giant and he shot it to make it let go of him. Another giant tried to trap him in the tunnel by moving a big slab of rock and he barely made it out. The Indians seem to know more about bigfoot than anyone and I've heard them say that they live underground. They also have these creatures in the Solomon Islands and the locals claim there is an underground alien base where ufo's have been seen exiting at around dark. Since that first ufo encounter with the orb, I've seen tons of ufos around my property, which is in the country, and back when we were hunting these things with guns on a regular basis, I had some BF activity behind my house and they were coming up at night and banging on a shaft. The shaft went straight down and had a spiral staircase that lokked as if it was built to accommodate a 12 foot tall giant. After going down the shaft for about a mile, and never reaching the bottom, the guys started back up. 2 made it out and the 3rd guy, which had a pistol, was grabbed by a hairy giant and he shot it to make it let go of him. Another giant tried to trap him in the tunnel by moving a big slab of rock and he barely made it out. The Indians seem to know more about bigfoot than anyone and I've heard them say that they live underground. They also have these creatures in the Solomon Islands and the locals claim there is an underground alien base where ufo's have been seen exiting at around dark. Since that first ufo encounter with the orb, I've seen tons of ufos around my property, which is in the country, and back when we were hunting these things with guns on a regular basis, I had some BF activity behind my house and they were coming up at night and banging on the house in an attempt to intimidate me. Apparently they followed me home from the air, because I live 50 miles from the hunting/encounter area."

https://plus.google.com/114561495147238353496/posts
FFed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 06:26 PM   #323
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
The thing I found interesting about Jim Jackle's story was the tree break he described and that he saw one on all fours. He must have been listening to BB's podcast to come up with that as those aren't widely used details when describing one's latest adventures during Bigfoot live action alternative reality gaming.
Yeah, you hardly ever see great apes doing the 4x4 thing. Oh wait. And you hardly ever hear footers describing footie going quad, wait. Tree breaks are hardly ever described by footers. Wait.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 06:32 PM   #324
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Northern Ape's Woody Foreskin Committee
Lawrence heard what he described as an odd "squishing sound" to the north on the ground outside his window. He was certain the sound came from the mouth of some animal that was gurgling a copious amount of liquid or saliva; and it was loud...
Squishmouth.

The Indians never mentioned Squishmouth.
Old 9th March 2015, 06:35 PM   #325
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
Yeah, you hardly ever see great apes doing the 4x4 thing. Oh wait. And you hardly ever hear footers describing footie going quad, wait. Tree breaks are hardly ever described by footers. Wait.
Well, you have to admit the orbs were a novel touch.
Old 9th March 2015, 07:28 PM   #326
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

The only thing I found interesting was his bloody name! Jim Jackle... Jimmy Jackle just sounds like a poorly thought-out name for a henchman in an episode of Minder. I'd love it if anyone actually gets that Minder reference, but I imagine it's as elusive as Jimmy Jackle's marbles, and indeed, Bigfoot himself.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 07:31 PM   #327
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

How is the "Bigfoot on all fours" thing even remotely interesting? Even Justin Smeja managed to sneak some of that lore into his story, having the baby 'Squatches coming at him on all fours. They're not really common with regards to Bigfoot Bollocking, or yarn-spinning, if you will...but to say it's not a widely used detail is a little bit of a porky pie in and of itself.

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 08:19 PM   #328
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster

It's amazing how closely his description matches the NAWAC's.

Quote:
When asked why he shot the little one he said, so people would believe he shot the big one. But he didn't bring in the body of the little one. He says the reason he didn't haul the bodies in, was that he was afraid the game wardens would pull him over. There's no law against poaching a bigfoot, because the fish and game don't believe they exist. When he had the sketch artist draw a picture, that he described, of the bigfoot, I knew for sure he didn't shoot one. The picture had short hair on its head and bigfoots have long hair like a woman, even the males. The reason I know this is because I've seen 2 in Oklahoma and was within 20 feet of the violent beast grabbing me. They have a cone shaped head, hair all over the body with longer hair on their head like a hippie or a woman that let her hair grow out.

This one's hilarious

Quote:
From my experience with the BF in SE Oklahoma mountains, these things are territorial. After my first encounter with BF, where he tried to kill me, I started returning to the area and found several x formations made from logs. According to what I've read, the x's mean 2 things, either territorial markers or river crossings, where a creek meets a river. The question in my mind is; how big is their territory? We kept returning to the area on a regular basis, about every other day, to try and take this thing out with assault rifles and he made himself known by responding to our tree knocks with loud growls and return knocks, a few times a week. One night we put our own x in front of his log x and returned the next day to total destruction around the area. He was so pissed that he snapped a power line, along with several large trees and a destroyed a vacant mobile home. It looked like a tornado had hit the area, but it was clear skies and no wind whatsoever. We knew it was him, because of the large footprints. My theory, for what it's worth, is if you see a BF, he's probably living in the area. I could be wrong, but I would bet that this thing is living around that lake area and has staked it as his territory. For him to come up to the sound of the distressed deer within a few minutes, shows he was pretty close by.
OntarioSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 08:52 PM   #329
Pacal
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post
Where I disagree with you is on the notion that they didn't allow skeptics or neutrals in on the research because they knew it was all a scam. They didn't want anyone but believers there because they knew their evidence was not convincing enough for neutrals or skeptics, and they didn't want naysayers in camp to put a damper on their enthusiasms. You don't invite disputatious atheists to your Sunday School class.
In which case there is no need to take them seriously at all. They are true believers who it appears only want confirmation and resolutely refuse to face contradiction of any kind.
Pacal is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 08:55 PM   #330
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
Here's a pretty good account of what's known as the "Echo Incident"
I guess if someone could find the property there would be police report in that county
http://www.ghosttheory.com/2011/10/2...ts-to-shooting
According to the NAWAC report, this sighting occurred on the mountain/hill next to the cabin. So this ought to be the location of Area X.

http://woodape.org/reports/report/detail/383
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 09:26 PM   #331
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
You seem desperate to give these people the benefit of the doubt, and I find that comical, mate.
As I have argued before, amigo, I think we have here a complex series of events involving outside hoaxers, inside hoaxing primarily relating to sightings, misidentifications, and interpretations of events through the lens of true believer glasses. I don't think this is giving them the benefit of the doubt.

But yes, I am not a fan of the monotonous "everyone's lying or/and a nut job" who says anything positive about Bigfoot meme that's taken over here.
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 09:42 PM   #332
tsig
a carbon based life-form

As I have argued before, amigo, I think we have here a complex series of events involving outside hoaxers, inside hoaxing primarily relating to sightings, misidentifications, and interpretations of events through the lens of true believer glasses. I don't think this is giving them the benefit of the doubt.

But yes, I am not a fan of the monotonous "everyone's lying or/and a nut job" who says anything positive about Bigfoot meme that's taken over here.
Then show us the monkey.
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 09:45 PM   #333
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
Is bigfoot ever on an aerial image? We have some darned good images of the woods available these days.

https://goo.gl/maps/zlbf3
Through a flaw in my personality, I'm compelled to get wrapped up in randomly searching Google Maps for sometimes hours at a time the minute there's a link or reference to such somewhere. So thanks, thanks a lot for wasting my time mister.

According to the NAWAC report, this sighting occurred on the mountain/hill next to the cabin. So this ought to be the location of Area X.

http://woodape.org/reports/report/detail/383
You're aware that story is not about Bigfoot at all but about a chimp? Which isn't implausible necessarily and maybe even preferential (to Bigfoot), but seriously, a chimp? Even stupider, it's a second hand story through Alton Higgins which they admit goes against their usual practice of direct communication with the "witness". Doesn't matter, it's all just words.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 09:47 PM   #334
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Pacal View Post
In which case there is no need to take them seriously at all. They are true believers who it appears only want confirmation and resolutely refuse to face contradiction of any kind.
Yes, I would say that is an accurate assessment. But to be fair, NAWAC is now apparently inviting outside researchers:

"The NAWAC Board of Directors extends a challenge and invitation to academicians,
scientists, and professionals within wildlife/conservation-oriented organizations and
governmental agencies to contact the organization if you are interested in collaborating with
the NAWAC and/or if you are willing to accompany a team to assist in efforts to document
the kinds of incidents described in this paper. If desired, the NAWAC will take steps to
insure participation/collaboration is not made public. John Green and Jeff Meldrum have
had conversations with Russ Mittermeier, distinguished primatologist and former president
of Conservation International, about this subject, and Mittermeier mentioned the possibility
of joining in the pursuit of this species (Meldrum, 2015, pp. 10-11), as have others such as
renowned primatologist Ian Redmond. The Ouachita Project is the perfect opportunity for
scientists such as Mittermeier and Redmond to actively join in and become a part of what
would certainly be the discovery of the age."
from the report (pages 176 and 177)

At first glance this looks like an opening up of observers. On the other hand, it looks like they may be trying to recruit the most Bigfoot friendly members in the sciences.

Last edited by jerrywayne; 9th March 2015 at 09:49 PM.
Old 9th March 2015, 09:52 PM   #335
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by HarryHenderson View Post
Through a flaw in my personality, I'm compelled to get wrapped up in randomly searching Google Maps for sometimes hours at a time the minute there's a link or reference to such somewhere. So thanks, thanks a lot for wasting my time mister.

You're aware that story is not about Bigfoot at all but about a chimp? Which isn't implausible necessarily and maybe even preferential (to Bigfoot), but seriously, a chimp? Even stupider, it's a second hand story through Alton Higgins which they admit goes against their usual practice of direct communication with the "witness". Doesn't matter, it's all just words.
Yes, and it is more damning still because the hunter is a relative of the cabin's owner, the fellow who guided them to the location.
Old 9th March 2015, 09:56 PM   #336
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

And Harry, if you read the sightings section of the report you will find other chimpanzee sightings at Area X, both black and red in color, made by NAWAC field researchers. Of coarse, they may look like chimps, but they're really just young wood apes.
Old 9th March 2015, 10:00 PM   #337
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by tsig View Post
Then show us the monkey.
That the monkey doesn't exist does not mean that believers in the monkey do not exist. My point.

Last edited by jerrywayne; 9th March 2015 at 10:29 PM.
Old 9th March 2015, 10:22 PM   #338
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

If it's not a ruse, the location of the alleged chimp sighting (in the hill above the cabins), and thus Area X, would be just east of the "fish hook" on County Road D4697.

Last edited by jerrywayne; 9th March 2015 at 10:27 PM.
Old 9th March 2015, 10:23 PM   #339
HarryHenderson
Graduate Poster

Curiously, giving so-called witnesses the "benefit of the doubt" (yet claiming you're not) by thinking they are at best "mistaken" is really you telling them you think they're a bunch of dumb *****. Stupid enough they can't tell a tree trunk from a bear from a rock and are probably scared of the dark to boot. As if someone deliberately BLAARGing is so much more unsavory to you than their just being dumb **** mistaken. In your reasoning, should we be giving them all the short bus test or a polygraph?

Last edited by HarryHenderson; 9th March 2015 at 10:27 PM.
HarryHenderson is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 10:58 PM   #340
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by HarryHenderson View Post
Curiously, giving so-called witnesses the "benefit of the doubt" (yet claiming you're not) by thinking they are at best "mistaken" is really you telling them you think they're a bunch of dumb *****. Stupid enough they can't tell a tree trunk from a bear from a rock and are probably scared of the dark to boot. As if someone deliberately BLAARGing is so much more unsavory to you than their just being dumb **** mistaken. In your reasoning, should we be giving them all the short bus test or a polygraph?
Your characterizations of true believers are not mine.

I think it was Kit who brought up the idea that field researchers were "roll playing." I agree with him because I think he meant that idea to be taken in a limited way, not as an all purpose explanation.

If you have ever seen faith healers in action, you will see roll players all over the place. When such folks there are "slain in the spirit," they fall to the ground, quiver about, appear barely conscious and so forth. This is on one level an act, they have given themselves over to the excitement and the scenario of the moment, and they know what is expected of them. On the other hand, they really believe they have been "slain," it is part of their deeply held beliefs.

I reject the BLAARGing meme because it really doesn't explain the Bigfoot phenom satisfactorily. Do Bigfoot enthusiasts lie and make stuff up? Of coarse some of them do. But the BLAARGing meme says they mostly do and it doesn't matter who the enthusiast is or the nature of the enthusiast's involvement in Bigfootery (a believer, a sighting reporter, a pro-Bigfoot writer), that person is BLAARGing. For me, the meme is just creation of bloggers who take the easy way out by, dare I say, denialist rhetoric. The biggest problem with the meme is that it takes BELIEF out of the discussion altogether. Some folks here actually seem to deny that their are such things as True Believers when it comes to Bigfoot.

All in all, I think the BLAARGing meme is just a blogger fraternity thing, and I'm not a member.
Old 10th March 2015, 01:27 AM   #341
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster

In the NAWAC's case, the fact that they have dozens of different people going out into the field is a huge blow to the BLAARGing theory. 3 or 4 people should be enough for some decent BLAARGing. Having lots of sheep just wouldn't make sense as people will catch on to the plans of the few who are setting it up and expose their hoax. Plus, it wouldn't really enhance their game in any meaningful way. I think Sharon Hill sees this.

The theory that everyone in the group is being hoaxed by outsiders makes even less sense for obvious reasons, so perhaps the NAWAC deserves the benefit of the doubt at least for now. I think every footer deserves a chance to prove themselves and the animal in question and so far, BB and his group haven't done anything that would warrant outright dismissal (besides the fact that they're doing field research on a cryptid).

Last edited by OntarioSquatch; 10th March 2015 at 01:29 AM.
Old 10th March 2015, 01:52 AM   #342
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

I think it was Kit who brought up the idea that field researchers were "roll playing." I agree with him because I think he meant that idea to be taken in a limited way, not as an all purpose explanation.

If you have ever seen faith healers in action, you will see roll players all over the place. When such folks there are "slain in the spirit," they fall to the ground, quiver about, appear barely conscious and so forth. This is on one level an act, they have given themselves over to the excitement and the scenario of the moment, and they know what is expected of them. On the other hand, they really believe they have been "slain," it is part of their deeply held beliefs.

I reject the BLAARGing meme because it really doesn't explain the Bigfoot phenom satisfactorily. Do Bigfoot enthusiasts lie and make stuff up? Of coarse some of them do. But the BLAARGing meme says they mostly do and it doesn't matter who the enthusiast is or the nature of the enthusiast's involvement in Bigfootery (a believer, a sighting reporter, a pro-Bigfoot writer), that person is BLAARGing. For me, the meme is just creation of bloggers who take the easy way out by, dare I say, denialist rhetoric. The biggest problem with the meme is that it takes BELIEF out of the discussion altogether. Some folks here actually seem to deny that their are such things as True Believers when it comes to Bigfoot.

All in all, I think the BLAARGing meme is just a blogger fraternity thing, and I'm not a member.
Funny how the mind works. I wrote "roll" playing when I meant "role" playing. I went to bed and drifted in and out of sleep and it dawned on me that I wrote the wrong word. Weird.
Old 10th March 2015, 03:19 AM   #343
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

...The theory that everyone in the group is being hoaxed by outsiders makes even less sense for obvious reasons, so perhaps the NAWAC deserves the benefit of the doubt at least for now...
No, no they don't (see below).

Quote:
I think every footer deserves a chance to prove themselves and the animal in question and so far, BB and his group haven't done anything that would warrant outright dismissal (besides the fact that they're doing field research on a cryptid).
Yes, yes they have. They've spent 10 years tramping around a limited area that's so infested with Bigfeet that they can recognize and name individual specimen on sight, and where getting pelted by Bigfoot-propelled rocks is a common occurrence, and yet they've failed to provide a single freaking molecule of verifiable evidence that the thing exists. Instead, what they do provide is a slew of lame, incredible excuses (the GoPro's memory was full, cameras are too cumbersome and don't prove anything anyway(??), I missed from point-blank range, the Bigfeet somehow know about the IR cameras, I was too tired to follow, it didn't occur to us to bag one of the hundreds of rocks they throw and have it tested for DNA, etc.). Staggering bad luck and incompetence -- at best.

Sorry, but all that is eminently, instantly dismissable.

Last edited by Stellafane; 10th March 2015 at 03:23 AM.
Stellafane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th March 2015, 03:45 AM   #344
The Shrike
Philosopher

Perhaps the biggest mystery here is Jerry's persistent strawman that those who advocate the BLAARG hypothesis dismiss the role of true believers in bigfootery.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th March 2015, 04:25 AM   #345
Drewbot
Philosopher

If I owned a hunting cabin in the middle of the OK woods, and it was only in demand 3 months of the year, I'd want to increase demand on my hat cabin. So I'd get some footers willing to buy a 6 month lease every year, i just have my son And his friends go huck rocks at them every couple nights.

Last edited by Drewbot; 10th March 2015 at 04:27 AM.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th March 2015, 04:39 AM   #346
Drewbot
Philosopher

Let their imaginations do the rest
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th March 2015, 04:40 AM   #347
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

In the NAWAC's case, the fact that they have dozens of different people going out into the field is a huge blow to the BLAARGing theory. 3 or 4 people should be enough for some decent BLAARGing. Having lots of sheep just wouldn't make sense as people will catch on to the plans of the few who are setting it up and expose their hoax. Plus, it wouldn't really enhance their game in any meaningful way. I think Sharon Hill sees this.

The theory that everyone in the group is being hoaxed by outsiders makes even less sense for obvious reasons, so perhaps the NAWAC deserves the benefit of the doubt at least for now. I think every footer deserves a chance to prove themselves and the animal in question and so far, BB and his group haven't done anything that would warrant outright dismissal (besides the fact that they're doing field research on a cryptid).
NAWACers have endless excuses, and they do have the benefit of others making excuses for them. As demonstrated above, and elsewhere as we've recently seen. Even though nearly everyone knows there are no wood apes at area x. It's almost funny that so many are caught up in this pretend game. ****, skeptics are caught up in it to the extent that it's sometimes difficult to tell the BLAARGer from the believer. The salient fact is that there is no bigfoot to match the belief and thus the pretend begins. Fooling yourself is still pretending; turning a flash of something dark in the forest into a bigfoot is pretending; starting a blog and podcast based on some pareidoliac photography is pretending; joining an ill fated HindenBLAARG faux expedition rather than seeking gainful education or employment is pretending.

WS

Last edited by Resume; 10th March 2015 at 04:55 AM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th March 2015, 04:42 AM   #348
Drewbot
Philosopher

Boys, the cabin price during hunting season is now 1000 /month

What? That's double last year?!?

I can always rent it to the Footers for 1200/month
Old 10th March 2015, 06:32 AM   #349
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post

Should we tell the hunters that if the the footie fanciers get their way there will be no more hunting?
tsig is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th March 2015, 08:09 AM   #350
Correa Neto
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post

Hey, count me in to help setting up the "activity" they will experience. For a modest share, of course.
Racism, sexism, ignorance, homophobia, intolerance, extremism, authoritarianism, environmental disasters, politically correct crap, violence at sport stadiums, slavery, poverty, wars, people who disagree with me:
Together we can find the cure
Oh, and together we can find a cure to religion too…
Correa Neto is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th March 2015, 08:18 AM   #351
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

If it's not a ruse, the location of the alleged chimp sighting (in the hill above the cabins), and thus Area X, would be just east of the "fish hook" on County Road D4697.
These are the areas I snooped around, looks like I was pretty close.
Area A has maybe 1/2 dozen or so permanent residence but they were not on the mountainside but had easy access.
Area B was the most fun very rugged and looked like it would be a blast to bushwack in. All of the NF roads are great to cruise around on and always seem to end up back on a hard surface road. I found it to be kinda neat to just jump on a trail and see where it takes you...there's no really getting lost.
I did not get a chance to hit the river but it looked like a must do at some point!

If you get the chance go!!! Forget about Bigfoot and the NAWACKYS you'll have a blast!

Last edited by Cervelo; 10th March 2015 at 10:00 AM. Reason: I'm a crappy proof reader!
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th March 2015, 08:47 AM   #352
The Shrike
Philosopher

Ball taken and gone home at Doubtful News, annoyingly just as I hit reply and lost a post.

The gist of the response you won't see from me is that for years I did collaborate - indirectly - with the NAWAC folks by showing up every day at the BFF and running my broken record of how you prove bigfoot. Long-time Saskeptic fans (and adversaries) will recall my frequent recommendations of hair snares - as so successfully deployed to study rare and elusive black bears recolonizing the Oklahoma side of the Ouachitas - as the way real biologists would attempt to study real bigfoots. Here's a 2014 paper (from Missouri) that evaluates the technique.

The fact that NAWAC has not and will not use this tried and true technique in favor of their Rambo role-playing speaks volumes about their true motivation.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th March 2015, 09:13 AM   #353
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Good grief thinned skinned and a potty mouth!
http://s796.photobucket.com/user/RCM...7D032.png.html

So instead of addressing the issue....she shuts down the discussion?

Edited by zooterkin:  Edited for rule 10; converted hotlink to image to ordinary link.

Last edited by zooterkin; 10th March 2015 at 11:57 AM.
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 10th March 2015, 09:15 AM   #354
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Opps
Old 10th March 2015, 09:25 AM   #355
Drewbot
Philosopher

Sharon Hill employs an EPIC Bigfooter tactic
Old 10th March 2015, 09:27 AM   #356
tsig
a carbon based life-form

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
Good grief thinned skinned and a potty mouth!
http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/y...C32097D032.png

So instead of addressing the issue....she shuts down the discussion?
Wonder what flavor was the kool-aid.
Old 10th March 2015, 09:42 AM   #357
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Here's what I think is truly bizarre....she is the moderator...correct?
So a post that she allows to be posted is used as a reason to shutdown the discussion?
Ahhhh that is baffling behavior!
Why would this post compel a pro blogger to shutdown one of their most active threads?

Last edited by Cervelo; 10th March 2015 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10th March 2015, 09:47 AM   #358
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Well that's where we disagree, because I find it incredibly hard to believe that any grown men would sincerely hold a belief in Bigfoot if it wasn't for some sort of personal gain, profit or just for the laugh of it all. I don't think it's at all out of the realms of possibility that they're all either lying or thick as pig ****. You have been giving them the benefit of the doubt to some extent, and after all the garbage we see coming out of the World of Footdom, I honestly have to wonder where you get those benefits from.

Old 10th March 2015, 09:57 AM   #359
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Except that is goes beyond "belief" when they're openly telling stories about habituation, gift-giving, 12" creatures, unobstructed sightings etc...

This is where you seem to be mistaking common sense with denial. It's obvious that none of these melons are having any true sightings of Bigfoot, and thus, their descriptions of said Bigfoot are obviously made up whilst they're eating their beans around the fire.

If somebody say's "hey, I believe in Bigfoot, but I haven't seen one, I think I may have saw one, but I can't tell and didn't get a good luck," I'd be more inclined to believe that he may indeed hold a genuine belief, but none of these morons seem to be doing that. They all seem to have had an amazing encounter, they can all describe the creatures in detail and even have names for them, that to me is not just taking the biscuit, it's taking the biscuit and slathering it in bollocks and then asking level-headed chaps and chapettes to believe it.

I'd rather withhold the benefit of the doubt and save it for something that hasn't been pulled out of some whino's arse.

Last edited by Gilbert Syndrome; 10th March 2015 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10th March 2015, 10:16 AM   #360
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

I guess IMO too much emphasis and concern is being placed on what Sharon says and thinks. Stumbles with critical thinking can happen when one single person goes forth as a "mouthpiece" for skepticism. I commonly disagree with what "professional" skeptics have to say about Bigfootery as it seems that they are often disconnected from what seems to be really going on.

Putting that aside, there are just way too many comments for Sharon to properly address them all and any response she would make would be followed by more comments demanding more responses from her. It's obviously a very hot topic and the Bigfooter loons have invaded her comment section as well.

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal