IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags esp , noreen renier

Old 15th March 2014, 01:39 AM   #1
Sherlock
Muse

Noreen Renier: Phoenix audience forecast nixed

Apparently the "super" paranormal foresight powers of Orlando psychic actress Noreen Renier are less than mediocre.

The audience attending her Thursday night lecture at the Unity Church in Tucson was "very light" in number. And while her Friday Phoenix Crowne Plaza lecture was booked in a room with seating for more than 100 --- only 32 attended. Lots of empty chairs.

At her $10 admission fee the collected $320 in ticket sales failed to offset the cost of the rental room and her own hotel room charges. Her 10:00 - 5:00 ESP workshop today is priced at $120 a person --- but its going to take some significant participation to offset her travel fees from Orlando plus the hotel and restaurant costs. It appears Tucson and Phoenix residents are getting smarter about "super psychic" claims.

Soon after her audience departed many linked to critical Noreen Renier web sites --- including my own. Dozens of Phoenix area residents checked the facts behind her claims typically from 5 minutes to over 50 minutes. Several dozen more bounced among several web sites --- all critical of her claims.

Apparently many didn't fully swallow what she was dishing out.

And meanwhile Ms. Renier's still failed to provide answers to the questions asked by many at http://www.gpinquirygroup.com/gpinqu...n%20alias.html

Last edited by Sherlock; 15th March 2014 at 02:02 AM.
Sherlock is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 01:42 AM   #2
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

She just doesn't have the people who "feel" her on the same wavelength.
Old 15th March 2014, 03:13 AM   #3
Sherlock
Muse

Actually quite true apparently. In testimony she claimed she has two entities which help her communicate with the dead --- and often has a difficult time tuning to some "psychic vibrations".

Indeed for her audience it may be increasingly difficult to separate delusional visions from her storytelling charades.

Last edited by Sherlock; 15th March 2014 at 03:17 AM.
Sherlock is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 05:14 AM   #4
Squeegee Beckenheim
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
And while her Friday Phoenix Crowne Plaza lecture was booked in a room with seating for more than 100 --- only 32 attended. Lots of empty chairs.
68, presumably.
Old 15th March 2014, 06:03 AM   #5
s4zando
Graduate Poster

Apparently the "super" paranormal foresight powers of Orlando psychic actress Noreen Renier are less than mediocre.

The audience attending her Thursday night lecture at the Unity Church in Tucson was "very light" in number. And while her Friday Phoenix Crowne Plaza lecture was booked in a room with seating for more than 100 --- only 32 attended. Lots of empty chairs.

At her $10 admission fee the collected $320 in ticket sales failed to offset the cost of the rental room and her own hotel room charges. Her 10:00 - 5:00 ESP workshop today is priced at $120 a person --- but its going to take some significant participation to offset her travel fees from Orlando plus the hotel and restaurant costs. It appears Tucson and Phoenix residents are getting smarter about "super psychic" claims.

Soon after her audience departed many linked to critical Noreen Renier web sites --- including my own. Dozens of Phoenix area residents checked the facts behind her claims typically from 5 minutes to over 50 minutes. Several dozen more bounced among several web sites --- all critical of her claims.

Apparently many didn't fully swallow what she was dishing out.

And meanwhile Ms. Renier's still failed to provide answers to the questions asked by many at http://www.gpinquirygroup.com/gpinqu...n%20alias.html
Awesome. Do you have any idea if she made it up with the evening attendance? I'd dance a jig if this was a losing situation for her. Not that she isn't 'killing it' in other venues, but, in isolation, it's a feel-good story.
s4zando is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 07:57 AM   #6
TheGoldcountry
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
68, presumably.
Old 15th March 2014, 08:18 AM   #7
Donn
Philosopher

Nice news, but how did you learn who in the audience hit what websites and for how long?
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 11:26 AM   #8
Rincewind
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Donn View Post
Nice news, but how did you learn who in the audience hit what websites and for how long?
He's probably psychic?

(Sorry )
Rincewind is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 11:26 AM   #9
Sherlock
Muse

Noreen Renier ESP Workshop & Speaking Program

I share data with others holding web sites which is available "instantly" and shows times and stays, plus accurately pinpoints locations of incoming viewers. We've got this "down to a science" as we've seen increasing jumps the past 5 years in viewings shortly after one of her performances end --- and the type of material being sought. Most seekers want to know more about her bio, credentials, and --- just exactly what police agencies have been using her. When they apparently discover much of what they thought was true is untrue --- the use of bogus police agency names as an example --- they tend to expand out their searches for reports on her history of charades.

As to the s4zando's comment above that she's killing it in other venues --- nope --- this failure is not an isolated case. Television producers and business groups have long stopped booking her for more than a decade. Her performance-for-pay presentations have been replaced with "freebies" at small public libraries and places like the Unity Church of Tucson. Remember she has multiple bankruptcies and her legal costs --- at the failing end repeatedly --- have apparently drained her resources further.

While she has seeked to match up "freebies" with pay-to-attend "workshops" in the same local areas that too has collapsed. The number of such workshops has dropped to just 2-6 per year the past 15 years. And attendance has plummeted.

68? Naw. Probably closer to 115. Though some of those chairs were still folded up.

Last edited by Sherlock; 15th March 2014 at 11:37 AM.
Old 15th March 2014, 01:12 PM   #10
Donn
Philosopher

Cool, thanks. You are organized. Would you say the psychic reading thing (large audiences) is on the wane?
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 15th March 2014, 10:59 PM   #11
Sherlock
Muse

Wink Psychic Noreen Renier lacks audience in Phoenix

The total count on attendees who showed up in Phoenix for Noreen Renier's widely promoted 'ESP Workshop' is in.

Remember that the Phoenix metro area population surpassed 4.3 million in 2013 and the local Tiddlywinks Club (an indoor game played with sets of small discs) recently had a workshop attended by some 450 people. So an ESP Workshop sponsored by the Phoenix affiliated chapter of the International Association for Near Death Studies (IANDS) --- and advertised as showcasing "possibly the world's best known psychic detective" --- would be expected to get a much larger audience.

So take a guess on the number of attendees showing up at the Phoenix Crowne Plaza today. 600? 400? 250?

According to the hotel the attendees in the room were 12.

As in twelve. . . .Well apparently just eight if you drop out Noreen Renier and the local IANDS co-organizers (Susan Amsden and Chuck Swedrock), along with Cynthia Beanbloosom who promoted the event. Ms. Beanbloosom is described on her web site as a guide to afterlife communication. One has to wonder why these four people didn't get a better sense of the number eight using their powers of communicating with the dead. Noreen Renier herself testified she has two entities within her that help contact the dead.

Okay, okay. I hear you. We'll adjust the count of attendees up to ten counting her entities.

Still that's one alive co-instructor for every 2 alive attendees.

But just a decade ago a "pleasing" ratio cited by Noreen Renier for her workshops was about one "teaching guide" per 26 attendees. Or in this case about 100 attendees who didn't show. That's 100 that would have been seen if they had attended --- not visionary ghosts.

Assuming the eight alive people actually paid an average of $115 (pre-booked charge was $110, and at the door $120) --- and didn't get free tickets --- the grand gross total was $920. Coupled with the apparent losses at Thursday's lecture this seems to further compound a failure in foresight.

That's psychic foresight. As when Noreen Renier describes her foresight at the "super psychic" level.

Even if the hotel count was off by a couple lost wandering the hotel hallways --- it seems disaster is a fair call.

On the plus side it does support critics who showcase Ms. Renier's lack of credibility and point to her horrible accuracy in projecting events.

Eight.

Though to be fair the professional and courteous hotel staff didn't even roll an eyebrow when asked how many dead attendees were in the room. They immediately noted instead they had many other guests to attend to.

Presumably guests still living and able to be seen.

One added note. Doesn't the title 'International Association for Near Death Studies' take on a new meaning here? As in presenting an event that is a disaster --- dying from lack of attendance a near death?

Last edited by Sherlock; 15th March 2014 at 11:27 PM.
Old 16th March 2014, 02:16 AM   #12
Donn
Philosopher

Doesn't the title 'International Association for Near Death Studies' take on a new meaning here? As in presenting an event that is a disaster --- dying from lack of attendance a near death?

Pretty soon, with luck, they can host post-death events where they charge themselves!
Old 16th March 2014, 06:48 AM   #13
Gord_in_Toronto
Penultimate Amazing

Oh. How the Mighty have fallen.

Good work Sherlock. A thousand additional Karma points for you.
Old 16th March 2014, 07:24 PM   #14
fuelair
Banned

:
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 17th March 2014, 06:01 AM   #15
Foolmewunz
Grammar Resistance Leader
TLA Dictator

I'm just posting to bookmark the thread for myself. Ms. R tends to drop in from time to time to face her nemesis and run off. (Of course, that's generally when she's plugging an appearance and not explaining away bad results.)

It's not that liberals have become less tolerant. It's that conservatives have become more intolerable.
Foolmewunz is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 18th March 2014, 02:26 AM   #16
Sherlock
Muse

Noreen Renier: No response to questions, Phoenix bombs

Noreen Renier hasn't answered the questions posed over 2 months ago --- http://www.gpinquirygroup.com/gpinqu...n%20alias.html --- nor has she responded to why her Tucson and Phoenix audience turnouts this past week were such disasters.

I doubt she will ever answer the questions truthfully nor comprehend how over 5 decades she self-destroyed her credibility. At 77 years old she will leave life with only these unanswered questions behind that will become part of her public history and live on.

Indeed in leaving the questions unanswered she's effectively written her epitaph. Noreen Jean Renier will be remembered as having spent her life misleading the public with bogus psychic claims and delusional paranormal stories --- while never having had the integrity to answer questions honestly.

Her time has run out.

Last edited by Sherlock; 18th March 2014 at 02:30 AM.
Old 22nd March 2014, 09:28 PM   #17
pipelineaudio
Philosopher

Her psychic radar is off, Phoenix??? Are you kidding? I think she meant to go a little north to Sedona where she'd find a much more friendly crowd
Old 25th March 2014, 10:03 PM   #18
Raptor Witness
Thinker

You have to send her a cashier's check or a money order.

Not even PayPal?

From her site ...
Quote:
Note: Due to the current economic recession, Ms. Renier is temporarily lowering her Telephone Reading fees:

45 minutes to an hour… $250.00

30/45 minutes …$200.00
______
are just Jigsaw puzzles turned sunny side down.

Last edited by Raptor Witness; 25th March 2014 at 10:22 PM.
Raptor Witness is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 26th March 2014, 12:22 AM   #19
pakeha
Penultimate Amazing

Originally Posted by pipelineaudio View Post
Her psychic radar is off, Phoenix??? Are you kidding? I think she meant to go a little north to Sedona where she'd find a much more friendly crowd
Good point, pipelineaudio.
Why Phoenix rather than Sedona?
Old 24th May 2017, 12:24 AM   #20
Sherlock
Muse

May 2017 Update: Crowds for Noreen Renier near zero

And it continues. The past decade has not been kind to this psychic detective actress. Now in 2017 she had an engagement at the Cassadaga Spirtualist Camp in Cassadaga Florida and I'm still unclear what exactly occurred. But a presentation still showcased on her web site tonight (Wednesday morning, May 24, 2017 for her website at https://www.facebook.com/noreen.renier/) is for an event this past weekend didn't happen. One where "large crowds" were expected according to a source who showed up --- but the sales tents were "empty" even after some scattered showers cleared.

Indeed Noreen Renier's 2-hour event was shown as cancelled on the Cassadaga Spiritualist Camp web site for more than a full week before. So it's unknown whether Noreen Renier appeared 2 weeks earlier and then cancelled on the 21st,--- or did promoters cancel her? Strange don't you think that she left her Facebook page up as if she was going to show --- even after her affair for Sunday was cancelled more than a week before.

Maybe it was all just psychic foresight once again gone amiss. Or a really bad time on her first showing. Anyone know?

Last edited by Sherlock; 24th May 2017 at 12:29 AM.
Old 24th May 2017, 05:54 AM   #21
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by Squeegee Beckenheim View Post
68, presumably.
Unless some of them were filled with the spirits but they were bored and did not want to really participate!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Reply With Quote Back to Top
Old 24th May 2017, 06:00 AM   #22
fuelair
Banned

And it continues. The past decade has not been kind to this psychic detective actress. Now in 2017 she had an engagement at the Cassadaga Spirtualist Camp in Cassadaga Florida and I'm still unclear what exactly occurred. But a presentation still showcased on her web site tonight (Wednesday morning, May 24, 2017 for her website at https://www.facebook.com/noreen.renier/) is for an event this past weekend didn't happen. One where "large crowds" were expected according to a source who showed up --- but the sales tents were "empty" even after some scattered showers cleared.

Indeed Noreen Renier's 2-hour event was shown as cancelled on the Cassadaga Spiritualist Camp web site for more than a full week before. So it's unknown whether Noreen Renier appeared 2 weeks earlier and then cancelled on the 21st,--- or did promoters cancel her? Strange don't you think that she left her Facebook page up as if she was going to show --- even after her affair for Sunday was cancelled more than a week before.

Maybe it was all just psychic foresight once again gone amiss. Or a really bad time on her first showing. Anyone know?
No (nor do I care) but showers here have been very rare (Orlando and surrounding)though the previous two days had some(heavy Monday). I heard/read nothing about the "big show" in the local news sources (including the 24 hour Channel 13 news that covers a lot of localish/touristy stuff) so I guess nobody knew or cared!!!

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal