IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , bigfoot sightings , NAWAC

Closed Thread
Old 17th March 2015, 02:48 PM   #761
FFed
Muse

What does this Brian Brown guy do for a living? Or is Bigfoot his living?
FFed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th March 2015, 02:48 PM   #762
Yuchi1
Scholar

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
Yuchi1,
Don't you claim to have hunted one and shot it?
Are you a believer and why if you are?
Yes, I hunted them (~2002-2003) before realizing is was a fool's errand. Shot at one (2002) but was later determined to be a clean miss.

Believer? I believe that I have observed things in the forest that have no scientific explanation/classification. Hallucinations? Whatever was shot that night in Louisiana by the guy from Anadarko, Oklahoma left a blood trail, hand prints XL in size and footprints of a size ~12.

Hope it wasn't Bubba Thibodeaux.
Yuchi1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th March 2015, 03:08 PM   #763
The Shrike
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Yuchi1 View Post
. . . Shot at one (2002) but was later determined to be a clean miss.

Believer? I believe that I have observed things in the forest that have no scientific explanation/classification.
So you're not entirely sure what might be out there but you shot it anyway?
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th March 2015, 03:11 PM   #764
The Shrike
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Resume View Post
They had no hint because they weren't looking for it.
Rest assured my field crews were looking for anything remotely squatchy in the Squatchitas. We talked about it all the time.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th March 2015, 03:19 PM   #765
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Yes, I hunted them (~2002-2003) before realizing is was a fool's errand. Shot at one (2002) but was later determined to be a clean miss.

Believer? I believe that I have observed things in the forest that have no scientific explanation/classification. Hallucinations? Whatever was shot that night in Louisiana by the guy from Anadarko, Oklahoma left a blood trail, hand prints XL in size and footprints of a size ~12.

So your the same Yuchi1 on BFF?
You believe Bigfoot is real?
Are you anti-kill?
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th March 2015, 03:48 PM   #766
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
Rest assured my field crews were looking for anything remotely squatchy in the Squatchitas. We talked about it all the time.
Yeah, sure.
http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/t...cience/page-43
Originally Posted by Crowlogic
In all honesty what scientist in his right mind is going to turn their back on a great puzzle? It isn't that scientists are lazy or narrow minded.
Originally Posted by DWA
Of course it is! Because ^^^that *is happening.* Right under your nose. To say something like you said is to commit one more time the great sin of bigfoot skeptics: presuming that only scientists understand or can do and parse science. We're seeing that the vast majority of scientists do not recognize the greatest biological puzzle of this continent. It is beyond obvious, but only to those who are paying attention. No secret handshakes required. It's all public information and easy to find. The mental application? As we can see, not so easy. But any intelligent layman can do it. And yes, it's science.
You have to be really, really be paying attention. Like the above intelligent layman.

WS

Last edited by Resume; 17th March 2015 at 04:02 PM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th March 2015, 07:27 PM   #767
GT/CS
Illuminator

Your right about that because you've never left the Bigfoot bunker of a rabbit hole.
OK, this is driving me crazy, and that's a very short trip.
You are = you're, not your.
Old 17th March 2015, 07:56 PM   #768
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

How can you have a blood trail from bigfoot, and be unable to prove that bigfoot exists?

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 17th March 2015, 08:04 PM   #769
The Shrike
Philosopher

You have to be really, really be paying attention. Like the above intelligent layman.
Has he been been Bindernagling himself again? He's gonna grow hair on his palms.
Old 17th March 2015, 08:45 PM   #770
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

It wasn't Bubba or a Bigfoot. It was a big fat lie. That's for damn sure!
Old 18th March 2015, 12:26 AM   #771
AlaskaBushPilot
Illuminator

We owe Sharon Hill a huge debt of gratitude for demonstrating how a skeptic can suddenly switch to Bigfoot Live Action Alternate Reality Gaming. All of them follow the same script so it is wonderful to compare her before/after personas.

Before, she was a skeptic. Now her own previous position is called [pejorative] skeptic. (she's used "denialist", "arch" and other extreme terms here to fabricate the fallacy of the golden middle).

The evasion and diversion, playing the victim, ridicule etc. over what is supposedly new or worthy of note in the Area X report - wonderful!

Denying what you are doing while you are doing it: Who me? Advocate bigfoot? No, I am just being a potty mouth to anyone doubting it. lol. Blame the victim: offer zero explanation for your 180 and then blame people for "speculating" about it and storm off in a huff.

The turn to such nasty responses to reasonable questions contrasts so markedly with her previous diplomacy as a skeptic - but for years I have been demonstrating the remarkable correspondence between the list of tactics used by abusive personality disorders and how BLAARGers interact with non-BLAARGers.

The fact she is now marketing herself to paranormal, specifically bigfoot claimants, in order to up their fake science gaming is what we call a "clue" in forensics. She's brushed off the equally legitimate UFOists, which offers yet another excellent insight into her marketing plan and the hypocrisy it necessitates for one vs. the other.

The mistake she has made with this is how transparent it is. You can't make BLAARGing scientific. That would require not playing at all. You can only follow the same worn-out fallacies and abusive tactics they use.

This isn't any kind of loss to skepticism - it's a gold mine, and most specifically for the BLAARGing hypothesis.
AlaskaBushPilot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th March 2015, 02:14 AM   #772
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Any shot fired at Bigfoot will always be a "clean miss," and shooting at it is certainly a "fool's errand."

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Usage: 'Go 'ed, lad, get us an ale in, nice one.'
Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th March 2015, 07:39 AM   #773
Yuchi1
Scholar

So your the same Yuchi1 on BFF?
You believe Bigfoot is real?
Are you anti-kill?
Yes.

Am not sure what "Bigfoot" is as no scientific identification has yet been made.

Yes, for a variety of reasons such as, the dudes still at it appear to have a propensity for spraying bullets around the forest at sounds and sights out of fear.

_____

Have previously explained where the blood samples went and why the event is still under a cloud of suspicion.

If, one has read the account of this incident to know the shot I took was a miss as the creek bank provided an avenue for the target to drop below my line of sight.
Yuchi1 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th March 2015, 07:52 AM   #774
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Am not sure what "Bigfoot" is as no scientific identification has yet been made.
Why would you say that when every single Bigfooter says that it is a big, hairy, walking primate?

Quote:
Have previously explained where the blood samples went and why the event is still under a cloud of suspicion.

If, one has read the account of this incident to know the shot I took was a miss as the creek bank provided an avenue for the target to drop below my line of sight.
You and your buddies didn't shoot at Bigfoot in Louisiana. There is no cloud of suspicion. There is no doubt about it. It's all a load of crap!
Old 18th March 2015, 08:01 AM   #775
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
Has he been been Bindernagling himself again? He's gonna grow hair on his palms.
The Discovery of the Sasquatch is probably one of the very few long books this DWA character is capable of reading. Like the Penthouse you stole from your older brother, it's dog-eared, with pages missing, for likely the same reason. When the NAWAC, his other fave fapping fodder, strike out, and leave their wood monkey woods with nary a wood monkey, how will this fellow react? Why with the same blowhard, know-nothing footie apologetic that he's been parroting for years. However, you could train a parrot to express itself more thoughtfully.

This is less indicative of a quaint eccentricity than a unhinged fringe delusion; of course he might just be BLAARGing.

WS

Last edited by Resume; 18th March 2015 at 08:13 AM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th March 2015, 08:11 AM   #776
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Night Walker View Post
So, how do you think the Bigfooters themselves determine who are BLAARGers (in on it) and which are true believers (not in on it)?
I don't know but they would probably use the same methods of deduction that I would.

Quote:
If a Bigfooter arrives at a particular site with a gun do the other Bigfooters there breathe a sigh of relief because simply carrying a gun is a sign of BLAARGing? That doesn't seem right...
Bigfooters don't just "arrive" at sites like Area X, they are specifically invited by people in the team who already have a good sense of their role and mindset. I would think that the most dangerous scenario would be a True Believer with a gun. The team leaders probably won't allow that and would exclude gunmen that aren't BLAARGing. A BLAARGer with a gun is essentially harmless to other team members, strangers and trespassers.

Matt Moneymaker was one of the originators of the use of a gun as a BLAARG prop.
Old 18th March 2015, 09:25 AM   #777
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Why not ask the BBC Wildlife Unit in to find and film it? they have tracked, found and filmed all kinds of suer exotic and rare animals over the years. they have been the first to film all kinds of exotic jungle birds and souch. Bigfoot in the woods will be easy peasy for them.
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th March 2015, 09:54 AM   #778
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
Why not ask the BBC Wildlife Unit in to find and film it? they have tracked, found and filmed all kinds of suer exotic and rare animals over the years. they have been the first to film all kinds of exotic jungle birds and souch. Bigfoot in the woods will be easy peasy for them.
The BBC has already done plenty of wildlife filming in North America. I'm sure that they would have pointed the camera at Bigfoot if one was in range. This may have already happened but the footage was so blurry that it was useless.
Old 18th March 2015, 09:59 AM   #779
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Bigfoot in SE Oklahoma before Area X - part 1

I would like to consider the following statement, found on the bottom of page 6 of the NAWAC report.

“Reports of encounters with large upright hair-covered animals in North America, including
the south-central region of the United States, have been around for centuries, both in the
context of Native American culture and Euro-American settlers and their descendants. An
ape-like species figures prominently in the cultures of many Native American tribes,
particularly those tribes of areas similar in ecological and environmental nature to the
Ouachita Mountain Ecoregion, that is, areas characterized by abundant rainfall, significant
waterways and bodies of water, dense forest (upland pine and hardwood bottoms), and low
human population densities.”

There is a non-sequitur buried here. The argument is that an ape-like species is known to many Native American tribes, especially “those tribes of areas similar in ecological and environmental nature to the Ouachita Mountain Ecoregion...” and that reports of encounters with such animals from both Native Americans and Euro-American settlers and their descendents “have been around for centuries.” The author not only has embraced the dubious notion of a historical record for Bigfoot (newspaper accounts of wild men, giant hairy Indians, “what is its,” and gorillas in the woods have multiple explanations divorced from relict Gigantopithecine), but also sneaks in a non-sequitur: a native ape “figures prominently” in Native American lore of tribes living in areas similar in ecology to Area X. In other words, we do not have a historical record for Bigfoot in the Ouachita Mountains of Oklahoma, so we suggest one by analogy and by implying dubious accounts from “similar” ecoregions.
l
When I first looked into this I was fully expecting to find some loose tradition of sightings in SE Oklahoma that Bigfooters could exploit as evidence of a historical Bigfoot. I was surprised to find that there is no such tradition. I consulted the book The Historical Bigfoot by Chad Arment, a collection of continent wide newspaper and magazine accounts of “Bigfoot” from the late 1800s to the 1940s. For the chapter on Oklahoma, Arment lists only a half-dozen (or so) accounts, statewide across time.. The accounts are generally ambiguous, and if my memory serves me, only one account anywhere near Area X. I pointed this fact out to Brian Brown at BFF and he felt vindicated. I replied that giant bipedal apes native to Oklahoma definitely would have left more of a record than a mere handful of unsuppported accounts found in Arment's research from the 1800s to the 1940s.

This isn't to say that there aren't numerous sightings recorded in SE Oklahoma now. But most have accumulated after 2000, for a reason I'll address in another post.

What about Native American accounts from the Ouachitas? We may find a Native American story teller or two linking some First Nations lore with Bigfoot, or presenting some tribal oral history that meshes inexactly with modern Bigfootology, but even here, these are recent developments.

The Choctaw are the Native Americans who have mostly prevailed in SE Oklahoma, the Choctaw Nation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choctaw_Nation_of_Oklahoma

If we look at Choctaw myths we do not find giant apes, or apes filtered through First Peoples lore:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choctaw_mythology

Curiously the wiki entry includes a passage about the Choctaw myth of “little people,” presumedly analogous to Europeon myths of elves or leprechauns, in which the little guys make noise in the woods now attributed to giant wood apes by NAWAC:

“The Choctaws believed that they held sticks and stones in them. All unexplained sounds heard in the woods were attributed to (ole) or little grass, believing it took a special pleasure in hitting the pine trees to create noise."

We do find at Bigfootencounters an alleged Choctaw myth that is pressed into service as evidence of Bigfoot:
http://www.bigfootencounters.com/legends/shampe.htm

This webpage lists various Bigfoot type (more or less) myths associated with Native Americans, and, including the “shampe” mentioned directly above, there is no Bigfoot tradition discernable in Choctaw lore.
http://www.native-languages.org/legends-bigfoot.htm

Last edited by jerrywayne; 18th March 2015 at 10:25 AM.
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th March 2015, 10:33 AM   #780
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

The Siege at Honobia and the slightly less silly Honobia Bigfoot Festival tell us much about this fringy section of OK.

WS
Old 18th March 2015, 10:35 AM   #781
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

first link doesn't seem to work
Andy_Ross is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th March 2015, 10:37 AM   #782
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by Captain_Swoop View Post
first link doesn't seem to work
Try this.

http://www.bfro.net/avevid/ouachita/...at-honobia.asp

WS
Old 18th March 2015, 10:40 AM   #783
Donn
Philosopher

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
OK, this is driving me crazy, and that's a very short trip.
You are = you're, not your.
(On same trip. There's another poster here who keeps saying "of coarse", which is, of course, simply crude. )
Donn is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th March 2015, 11:00 AM   #784
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Spot on.

Case in point, the "Echo Incident" wherein Darryl Coyler, NAWAC principal allegedly fired upon (~12X) one of their Wood Apes apparently hitting it with at least one round as (alleged) blood samples (on a stone) were later recovered.

If this bunch is supposed to be the best & brightest of bigfootery there are several items that appear to be problematic with their scheme and M.O..

First, the shooter(s) supposedly abandoned the scene after nightfall, calling off the search for the body.

Really? When you have just tagged possibly the greatest anthropological discovery of the last 100 years, you go home when it gets dark?
I thought this failure to look for the ape was a dubious reaction too and said so at BFF. A member there, a hunter, advised me that no one in their right mind would be going into the woods after dark looking for a possibly wounded animal the size of the purported wood ape. For what's it worth.

Also this little known fact. I happened across a youtube video that had been taken of Coyler reactions shortly after the shooting, when other members had converged on the site. Coyler was nervous and highly excited, even agitated, and kept saying over and over again something like "I saw it, I'm telling you I saw it." Here's the kicker: as he kept talking, he revealed that he thought he may have seen two wood apes, one much smaller than the other, both traveling together.

I have tried in vain to find this video again and presume it has been removed from the Net. There is no reference to Coyler's remarks about a second ape at NAWAC. I mentioned Coyler's initial account of two apes to Brown at BFF and he said Coyler was certain only that he saw one ape. I took this to mean that he was less than certain he had seen a second one.

If Coyler didn't just make this stuff up, then consider this scary thought: there were two people, a male relative of the property owner and his girlfriend, nearby and they fled for their lives, later claiming they thought some meth labbers or moonshiners were shooting at them.

Last edited by jerrywayne; 18th March 2015 at 11:26 AM.
jerrywayne is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th March 2015, 11:04 AM   #785
Andy_Ross
Penultimate Amazing

Wow, that reads like a Lovecraft story.
Old 18th March 2015, 11:18 AM   #786
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

The Siege at Honobia and the slightly less silly Honobia Bigfoot Festival tell us much about this fringy section of OK.
This was going to be my next post. The "siege" was the segue into Area X. It was the defining moment that really put Bigfoot on the map in SE Oklahoma.

Notice the closing paragraph of the BFRO report:

"The best thing the BFRO could do at that point was to wait to hear from more witnesses in the general area who might provide tips on another visited property. When a tip finally came in months later, an expedition was organized -- the Ouachita Expedition. That expedition yielded no video or photographic evidence, but the participants say they heard probable vocalizations and believe another expedition is warranted."

They were waiting for "tips on another visited property" -- meaning, of course, the Branson property. The "siege" was the splashy, short lived hoax to get the Bigfooters involved. Then the protracted long haul, controlled hoax at Area X.
Old 18th March 2015, 11:50 AM   #787
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by jerrywayne View Post
This was going to be my next post. The "siege" was the segue into Area X. It was the defining moment that really put Bigfoot on the map in SE Oklahoma.

Notice the closing paragraph of the BFRO report:

"The best thing the BFRO could do at that point was to wait to hear from more witnesses in the general area who might provide tips on another visited property. When a tip finally came in months later, an expedition was organized -- the Ouachita Expedition. That expedition yielded no video or photographic evidence, but the participants say they heard probable vocalizations and believe another expedition is warranted."

They were waiting for "tips on another visited property" -- meaning, of course, the Branson property. The "siege" was the splashy, short lived hoax to get the Bigfooters involved. Then the protracted long haul, controlled hoax at Area X.
This is all background that Sharon Hill could have researched.

WS

Last edited by Resume; 18th March 2015 at 12:17 PM. Reason: English: Do you type it?
Old 18th March 2015, 11:54 AM   #788
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

Yes.

Yes, for a variety of reasons such as, the dudes still at it appear to have a propensity for spraying bullets around the forest at sounds and sights out of fear.

_____

What a coincidence, Bigfoot blood disappears...again. I suspect that the person who made it vanish threw it away, because he sure as hell didn't verify that Bigfoot is a reality, which, y'know...you could do if you actually had blood from a Bigfoot. What a fun game. "Oops, almost had it there!"

Scouse saying - Go 'ed, is right, nice one, boss, well in, sound, belter, made up.

Gilbert Syndrome is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th March 2015, 11:56 AM   #789
GT/CS
Illuminator

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
The BBC has already done plenty of wildlife filming in North America. I'm sure that they would have pointed the camera at Bigfoot if one was in range. This may have already happened but the footage was so blurry that it was useless.
Don't forget the bigfoot that was filmed in Alaska by an IMAX crew!!! Wasn't it stalking a caribou herd, or some other nonsense?

ETA,
Here it is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yJf0pk7hHM

Last edited by GT/CS; 18th March 2015 at 12:01 PM.
GT/CS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th March 2015, 12:03 PM   #790
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by GT/CS View Post
Don't forget the bigfoot that was filmed in Alaska by an IMAX crew!!! Wasn't it stalking a caribou herd, or some other nonsense?
The genius ThinkerThunker still thunks so.
YouTube Video This video is not hosted by the ISF. The ISF can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website.
I AGREE

A Closer Look - Bigfoot recorded in IMAX "Great North" documentary

WS
Old 18th March 2015, 12:58 PM   #791
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

I thought this failure to look for the ape was a dubious reaction too and said so at BFF. A member there, a hunter, advised me that no one in their right mind would be going into the woods after dark looking for a possibly wounded animal the size of the purported wood ape. For what's it worth.
--snip--
But the next day? An animal of that size can be tracked, wounded or not. If wounded, blood can be found. If not, tracks and hair can be found.

It still doesn't scan.
Old 18th March 2015, 01:02 PM   #792
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by Garrette View Post
But the next day? An animal of that size can be tracked, wounded or not. If wounded, blood can be found. If not, tracks and hair can be found.

It still doesn't scan.
It's Bigfootville. Where things often don't scan.
Old 18th March 2015, 01:05 PM   #793
Garrette
Penultimate Amazing

It's Bigfootville. Where things often don't scan.
'tis twoo, 'tis twoo, 'tis pity tis twoo.
Old 18th March 2015, 01:50 PM   #794
Yuchi1
Scholar

Originally Posted by Gilbert Syndrome View Post
What a coincidence, Bigfoot blood disappears...again. I suspect that the person who made it vanish threw it away, because he sure as hell didn't verify that Bigfoot is a reality, which, y'know...you could do if you actually had blood from a Bigfoot. What a fun game. "Oops, almost had it there!"

I/we was drawn into this (2002) by the offer (trust fund baby in California) of a seven figure bounty. As far as I know, only one of the original group is still chasing this objective as what you posted above is only one of the factors leading to my exit from the field.
Old 18th March 2015, 01:57 PM   #795
Yuchi1
Scholar

My first introduction to this area (bigfootery) was when a "friend" took three of us down to Talihina to this individuals' home (01/2002) and while he was very cordial and gracious, none of us could see any bigfoot in the photos he had on the computer.
Old 18th March 2015, 02:10 PM   #796
Yuchi1
Scholar

Also this little known fact. I happened across a youtube video that had been taken of Coyler reactions shortly after the shooting, when other members had converged on the site. Coyler was nervous and highly excited, even agitated, and kept saying over and over again something like "I saw it, I'm telling you I saw it." Here's the kicker: as he kept talking, he revealed that he thought he may have seen two wood apes, one much smaller than the other, both traveling together.

I have tried in vain to find this video again and presume it has been removed from the Net. There is no reference to Coyler's remarks about a second ape at NAWAC. I mentioned Coyler's initial account of two apes to Brown at BFF and he said Coyler was certain only that he saw one ape. I took this to mean that he was less than certain he had seen a second one.

If Coyler didn't just make this stuff up, then consider this scary thought: there were two people, a male relative of the property owner and his girlfriend, nearby and they fled for their lives, later claiming they thought some meth labbers or moonshiners were shooting at them.
I am aware of the video you reference and cannot locate it either however, given NAWAC's history of revisionism, it isn't surprising.

The two kids (teenagers) were ~75 yards away when the shooting started and their concern is understandable considering a large meth lab (producing clinical grade product) had been busted in the area. It was a Mexican Cartel operation as the two chemists arrested were terrified for their familes back in Mexico as they'd been kidnapped and held under threat of death unless those two guys went to Oklahoma and cooked for them. The lease landowner (retired USFS LEO) conveyed this information to me after I'd apprised him of what the NAWAC bunch had been up to on the mountaintop, above us.
Old 18th March 2015, 02:32 PM   #797
jerrywayne
Graduate Poster

I am aware of the video you reference and cannot locate it either however, given NAWAC's history of revisionism, it isn't surprising.

The two kids (teenagers) were ~75 yards away when the shooting started and their concern is understandable considering a large meth lab (producing clinical grade product) had been busted in the area. It was a Mexican Cartel operation as the two chemists arrested were terrified for their familes back in Mexico as they'd been kidnapped and held under threat of death unless those two guys went to Oklahoma and cooked for them. The lease landowner (retired USFS LEO) conveyed this information to me after I'd apprised him of what the NAWAC bunch had been up to on the mountaintop, above us.
Did wood apes throw rocks at the meth lab?

An interesting, low budget movie proposal: Mexican Cartel vs. the Wood Apes.
Old 18th March 2015, 03:08 PM   #798
rockinkt
Master Poster

I/we was drawn into this (2002) by the offer (trust fund baby in California) of a seven figure bounty. As far as I know, only one of the original group is still chasing this objective as what you posted above is only one of the factors leading to my exit from the field.
Please provide the name of the "trust fund baby" and the exact dollar amount as well as the names of all the other participants.
The exact dates and location of the supposed expedition and shooting would be most helpful as well.
Also the exact details of how and why you were chosen or how you came to be involved in this expedition.
Thank you.

"I've met Bob Dylan's bodyguards and if Steve Earle thinks he can stand on Bob Dylan's coffee table, he's sadly mistaken." Townes Van Zandt
rockinkt is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th March 2015, 08:38 PM   #799
Slowvehicle
Membership Drive
Co-Ordinator,
Russell's Antinomy

Location: ...1888 miles from home by the shortest route without tolls...
Did wood apes throw rocks at the meth lab?

An interesting, low budget movie proposal: Mexican Cartel vs. the Wood Apes.
'Squatchng Bad: "I am the one who (throws) rocks!"
Slowvehicle is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 18th March 2015, 09:20 PM   #800
Gilbert Syndrome
Philosopher

"I...wanna chuck those rocks all niiiight, and hide-out every day!"

Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal