IS Forum
Forum Index Register Members List Events Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Help

Go Back   International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal

Welcome to the International Skeptics Forum, where we discuss skepticism, critical thinking, the paranormal and science in a friendly but lively way. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest, which means you are missing out on discussing matters that are of interest to you. Please consider registering so you can gain full use of the forum features and interact with other Members. Registration is simple, fast and free! Click here to register today.
Tags bigfoot , bigfoot sightings , NAWAC

Closed Thread
Old 8th March 2015, 11:17 PM   #281
fuelair
Banned

Originally Posted by Drewbot View Post
Parcher is correct, this should be a study looking for the trick. Not looking for an ape. They have disregarded repeated offers to help with this. Brown has even stated that it is not a hoax, and that he is either lying or telling the truth. He clearly does not want to blow this.
Mayhaps, though, he wants it to blow him!!!
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 05:11 AM   #282
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

A. Bill Munns has commented on the DN article.

B. The investigation that is going on at Area X, must literally look like a Three Stooges feature. I mean, you have dozens of sightings, subjects in a scope, a dude blasting a full magazine of 12 gauge at one of the beasts, a cabin getting rained on by rocks, and no one can get picture one of these creatures. It really must be hilarious.

C. EYDATI- elusive, yet draws attention to itself.
I especially like his concluding paragraph:
Quote:
Clearly something curious is occurring at that location, and the researchers are to be commended for devoting so much time and effort to finding an answer. Scientific exploration and discovery should always be encouraged.
It's a Munnsian benediction of scientific merit, as useful as Monopoly money.

WS

Last edited by Resume; 9th March 2015 at 05:14 AM.
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 05:54 AM   #283
The Shrike
Philosopher

Well she's "given up" apparently.

Someone better read on this than I, is it true that both Hill and Brown have used the odd term "major frustration" to describe Area X?
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 06:10 AM   #284
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Ahhh yes nothing like the sciencey world of Mr.Bill!
No way a con-man, saddle maker, bigfoot movie making, cowboy coulda fooled me....therefore it must be bigfoot....okey-dokey
The footers are circling the wagons!
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 06:14 AM   #285
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by The Shrike View Post
Well she's "given up" apparently.
Why do you say this?
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 06:22 AM   #286
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Why do you say this?
This
Quote:
idoubtit March 8, 2015 at 11:24 PM
That’s a very possible possibility.

As you can tell, I’ve given up. Not worth the effort to argue this in such a fashion.

WS
Resume is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 06:24 AM   #287
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

^^^^

Huh....I can't think of a better bully pulpit than your self moderated blog...if not there where?

Last edited by Cervelo; 9th March 2015 at 06:26 AM.
Cervelo is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 06:43 AM   #288
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by FFed View Post
Just looking at their report again. Looks like they did have a GoPro camera.

"Helmer had been wearing a GoPro video camera at the time; however, the 8GB disk had filled prior to Helmer’s visual and the visual encounter was not recorded on video. Helmer recalled that the figure he had seen —given the name “Blackie” by Helmer — distinctively had very broad shoulders with a “V” taper toward its waist"

One of many sightings, yet they can't get a picture of it. What a load of bull.
This subject was discussed at lenght with Bitpo/Brian Brown at lenght on BFF(Bigfoot Fantasy w/Friends) it was something along the lines of....the cameras were to cumbersome, hard to use, blah blah blah we stopped using them because it won't prove anything....translation we couldn't get any pictures so we gave up.
Old 9th March 2015, 07:17 AM   #289
Drewbot
Philosopher

Translation: Bigfoot ain't real, and if we photographed a person, we'd have to admit a hoax.
Drewbot is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 08:46 AM   #290
GT/CS
Illuminator

Translation 3
We never installed any cameras because we know there is nothing to photograph.
Old 9th March 2015, 09:49 AM   #291
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Did the bigfoot frolicking in the trees until the 24" tree snapped make the monograph of malarkey?
Old 9th March 2015, 09:51 AM   #292
Drewbot
Philosopher

Parcher? Did you comment on the DN website? It doesn't look like your writing, but is signed 'Parcher'
Old 9th March 2015, 10:33 AM   #293
FFed
Muse

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
This subject was discussed at lenght with Bitpo/Brian Brown at lenght on BFF(Bigfoot Fantasy w/Friends) it was something along the lines of....the cameras were to cumbersome, hard to use, blah blah blah we stopped using them because it won't prove anything....translation we couldn't get any pictures so we gave up.
Yes those GoPros are so big, complicated and cumbersome. I guess that's why sky divers, bike riders, surfers, and astronauts don't use them.
FFed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 10:37 AM   #294
FFed
Muse

So this "Area X" is only ten acres apparently. As I said my property is 14 acres and if I had 10-15 friends we could form a line and cover my entire property in a matter of minutes.

These people are either the worst researchers ever, LARPING, or are faking the entire thing. I can't believe anyone can fall for this.
FFed is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 10:47 AM   #295
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Parcher? Did you comment on the DN website? It doesn't look like your writing, but is signed 'Parcher'
No I didn't. Somebody(s) has pretended to be me. Same thing happens on the Bigfoot Evidence blog.

This is the only forum that I participate in. Period.

There are Bigfooters who don't like me because I have tunneled into their mind.

#1 suspect would always be "mikeyx".

Last edited by William Parcher; 9th March 2015 at 10:49 AM.
William Parcher is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 10:48 AM   #296
carlitos
"más divertido"

Originally Posted by FFed View Post
These people are either the worst researchers ever, LARPING, or are faking the entire thing. I can't believe anyone can fall for this.
Ding ding ding -- we have a winner.
carlitos is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 11:04 AM   #297
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
No I didn't. Somebody(s) has pretended to be me. Same thing happens on the Bigfoot Evidence blog.

This is the only forum that I participate in. Period.

There are Bigfooters who don't like me because I have tunneled into their mind.

#1 suspect would always be "mikeyx".
They said:
Quote:
Having read the monograph, the spelling, grammar and capitalization are indeed good. I’d say the content is a lot closer to Paul Blart’s activity log at a haunted house, than it is to “serious research”. Why would DN not see this?
and

Quote:
In summary, DN’s treatment of this story is credulous and completely out of character for this site, IMO, and certainly raises the eyebrows of many.

And we would certainly hire Mr. Brown’s firm if we wanted to sell leg warmers in hell.
http://doubtfulnews.com/2015/03/four...ults/#comments
Old 9th March 2015, 11:06 AM   #298
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

I haven't read the NAWAC monograph and I don't intend to either, FWIW.
Old 9th March 2015, 01:03 PM   #299
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

What would really be helpful would be if Ms. Hill listed a few -- or even one -- of the points made in the monograph that she finds most compelling. Because I'd really like to know at what point she paused and went "hmmm..."

Last edited by Stellafane; 9th March 2015 at 01:04 PM.
Stellafane is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 01:08 PM   #300
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

The project hypothesis seems unfalsifiable. What would inform NAWAC that there are no Bigfoots at Area X and that their hypothesis is wrong?
Old 9th March 2015, 01:13 PM   #301
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster

When they say 10 acres I'm pretty sure they mean just the private property they use to access the forest

This is about a mile from the area

OntarioSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 01:15 PM   #302
comncents
Critical Thinker

So I went to the "Visuals" section of the mono-thingy...They claim 49 sightings and I count at least 14 different people. Based on the stories, they don't seem shy about firing their guns. The incident that starts on pg 133 makes me think they/ve been reading too much of of this..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-Eaters_of_Kumaon
Old 9th March 2015, 01:17 PM   #303
Stellafane
Village Idiot.

Originally Posted by William Parcher View Post
The project hypothesis seems unfalsifiable. What would inform NAWAC that there are no Bigfoots at Area X and that their hypothesis is wrong?
I suspect nothing would inform the NAWAC guys; then again I've long ago given up trying to figure out why the Bigfoot crowd do what they do. I'm more interested in understanding why Ms. Hill has taken the sort of interest in this that she apparently has, given that this just seems to be the same-old same-old. Something appears to be going on here that I'm entirely missing.
Old 9th March 2015, 01:19 PM   #304
Drewbot
Philosopher

Originally Posted by OntarioSquatch View Post
When they say 10 acres I'm pretty sure they mean just the private property they use to access the forest

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/100316104.jpg
Wow. That third growth forest is a veritable Virunga National Forest.
Old 9th March 2015, 01:23 PM   #305
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

A 229 page bigfoot story? With no cigar?

No way I'm wading through that.

Have they set up a bigfoot trap yet?

2 prints, same midtarsal crock..., I mean break?
LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 01:26 PM   #306
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/100316104.jpg
The claimed interactions take place on considerably less than 10 acres. You don't think they actually spend a lot of time slogging through that national forest, do you?

WS

Last edited by Resume; 9th March 2015 at 01:30 PM.
Old 9th March 2015, 01:30 PM   #307
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

BLAAReport

LTC8K6 is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 01:36 PM   #308
LTC8K6
Penultimate Amazing

Is bigfoot ever on an aerial image? We have some darned good images of the woods available these days.

https://goo.gl/maps/zlbf3

Old 9th March 2015, 01:38 PM   #309
William Parcher
Show me the monkey!

Their guns don't go Bang, they go BLAARG.
Old 9th March 2015, 01:41 PM   #310
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

I think it might be time to remind everyone that the NAWACers don't spend a lot of time in the winter at their wood-ape wilderness. You know, when the heat, bugs and leaves are down, sightlines are better, possibility of a skiff of snow for better tracking.

Wait, they don't have interactions in the winter? How do they know if they don't go?

Do they have excuses for everything?

Why yes, yes they do.

WS
Old 9th March 2015, 01:52 PM   #311
dmaker
Graduate Poster

^^ I asked that question on the BFF a year or so ago. The gist of the answer was they give the wood apes a break during the winter.
dmaker is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 02:00 PM   #312
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by dmaker View Post
^^ I asked that question on the BFF a year or so ago. The gist of the answer was they give the wood apes a break during the winter.
I also remember Brian Brown say something about interactions being non-existent during the winter months.
Just then?

WS
Old 9th March 2015, 02:09 PM   #313
Cervelo
Graduate Poster

Not to mention the HUNTERS that rent the cabins
Old 9th March 2015, 02:18 PM   #314
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Originally Posted by comncents View Post
So I went to the "Visuals" section of the mono-thingy...They claim 49 sightings and I count at least 14 different people. Based on the stories, they don't seem shy about firing their guns. The incident that starts on pg 133 makes me think they/ve been reading too much of of this..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man-Eaters_of_Kumaon
When your scholarly monograph reads like the purpler prose of Peter Hathaway Capstick, you might consider a re-write.

WS
Old 9th March 2015, 02:30 PM   #315
s4zando
Graduate Poster

Originally Posted by LTC8K6 View Post
BLAAReport

Bigfoot Live Action Alternate Reality Repoting Game.

"Aye, let's BLAARRG, me mateys!"
s4zando is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 02:51 PM   #316
OntarioSquatch
Graduate Poster

Minus the bible and exaggerated height, an Oklahoma resident describes roughly the same things as the NAWAC

Originally Posted by Jim Jackle View Post
The same mountain range runs into Oklahoma and I encountered one of these creatures, for lack of a better word, in the same mountains. I was camping with my cousin on the river bank and this gigantic thing sneaked upon us and came straight for me. I instantly jumped up and hit the thing with a beer bottle. The bottle bounced off of him and he kept coming. With seconds to spare, I grabbed the light and ran toward him, which caused him to change course and run away, but he didn't run far. It all happened so fast, I didn't have time to think about what it was, so I gave chase and started throwing rocks at him. He stopped in some thick brush and after standing there with my light turned off, it started sinking in that this was something big. After standing perfectly still for another minute, I quietly crept back to the camp, which was about 50 yards away. A couple of minutes later we hear this deafening "Craaaaaack' of a tree being broken. It was a crystal clear night with no wind, so we knew that it was this gigantic thing and since I had forgotten and left my gun at home, we started the truck and left. We returned the next morning and was shocked to find a gigantic oak tree snapped in half like a toothpick. What was even more shocking is the fact the part of the snapped tree was right smack dab where I had been standing and throwing rocks at this thing. To make a long story short, we started going back to the area and hunting this thing with assault rifles and had another close call, but this time there was a whole group of these things and they were all big SOB's. When I say big, the one we originally encountered was around 15 feet tall. On the second encounter we saw one standing on all fours and he was ten feet tall on all fours and had shoulders as wide as a semi truck. He was so heavy that his knuckle and foot prints sunk in the ground about 2 inches. My own theory on these things is that they are what the Bible talked about as giants. According to the Bible, in the last days it will as the days of Noah and giants took over the Earth back then. The book of Enoch, which is a book that King James left out of the Bible, said that the fallen angels polluted the seed of man and were crossing men with beasts. My theory is these fallen ones had advanced genetic engineering technology back then and are doing the same thing once again. It's interesting to me that these things look half human, half giant gorilla. It's time to start preparing for an eventual war with these things and start building our homes out of reinforced concrete. We pissed one of these things off one night and he destroyed a vacant mobile home with his bare hands in the hunting area, so he could do the same to a normal house. Anyway, I wasn't intending to write a book, but I'm trying to get the word out about the true nature of these things. The ones I've encountered are not the warm fuzzy creatures that the finding bigfoot crew tries to depict. 

Last edited by OntarioSquatch; 9th March 2015 at 03:05 PM.
OntarioSquatch is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 03:01 PM   #317
The Shrike
Philosopher

Originally Posted by Cervelo View Post
Not to mention the HUNTERS that rent the cabins
This. They can get away with their super-happy fun-play time in summer when it's hot and the woods are crawling with ticks. Come autumn, however, the leaf-peepers are all over those roads and in those cabins, followed by the hunters.

Just to get a sense for how the bear hunters operate in that part of the world (hint - they're in the woods weeks ahead of the opening on Oct. 1) this is quite an interesting read.
The Shrike is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 03:39 PM   #318
GT/CS
Illuminator

O.S.,
I hope you don't believe that crap.
The key phrase is, "I jumped up and hit the thing with a beer bottle."

Then there's this:

Originally Posted by Jim Jackle
When I say big, the one we originally encountered was around 15 feet tall. On the second encounter we saw one standing on all fours and he was ten feet tall on all fours and had shoulders as wide as a semi truck.
Ten feet is the height of the roof on a 1-story house, and this thing was that tall while on all fours. A semi-truck is 8'-6" wide. Think about that for a while, then get back to us.

The only explanation is that they live underground, in caves, and pop up from time to time to mess with humans.

Last edited by GT/CS; 9th March 2015 at 04:07 PM.
GT/CS is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Old 9th March 2015, 03:53 PM   #319
Resume
Troublesome Passenger

Minus the bible and exaggerated height, an Oklahoma resident describes roughly the same things as the NAWAC
Lots of silly made up crap sounds like lots of other silly made up crap.

Are you BLAARGing now OS?

WS
Old 9th March 2015, 04:33 PM   #320
fuelair
Banned

This Blaarging thing...is it like puking while writing a blog on invisible giant wild mountain rats?
fuelair is offline   Quote this post in a PM   Nominate this post for this month's language award Copy a direct link to this post Back to Top
Closed Thread

International Skeptics Forum » General Topics » General Skepticism and The Paranormal